Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,923 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border (63686 Views)

Wagner's Boss Prigozhin Spotted In Niger's Border Nation Mali / War Begins - AL Qaeda Attacks Wagner Forces On Mali Niger Border / Some 300-400 Ukrainian Troops Blocked At Azot Plant In Severodonetsk - LPR Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by ictplotter(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2023
Fugazy2023:
They should transfer the blame to the military juntas that overthrew a legitimate government. If the coup didn't occur, the sanctions wouldn't have happened
What is legitimate in this kind of democracy in Africa? It seem the democracy practice in Africa is to kill and bury the poor and the less privileges while the elites and the rich keep get richer and fatter.
I support military government than this useless and inhuman system of government called democracy that only favor the elites n the rich.

1 Like

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by badoh(m): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2023
Fugazy2023:
They should transfer the blame to the military juntas that overthrew a legitimate government. If the coup didn't occur, the sanctions wouldn't have happened
Meanwhile, if the coup was sponsored by a military personnel from the minority tribe in Niger, would the people in the majority tribe be comfortable and accepted it?
It is a lesson for Bazoum and other African leaders still practicing democracy that once you take over power, you need to rejig and reshuffle the security apparatus especially the head. I learnt the guy that plotted the coup worked with the former president for several years and Bazoum did not deem it fit to retire and replace him with someone who can be loyal to him.

1 Like

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Nairaland24: 9:38am On Aug 13, 2023
Let them go and meet putin
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2023
Governments need to be mindful of pacts they enter into, if you want to operate in isolation go the North Korea way or go the China or Russian way. I blame the fake pan Africanist agenda of all these countries, in the end, selfishness and deceit rules
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by kingthreat(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2023
The sanctions and blocked roads is a good move.
Military intervention is a horrible move.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by kingslj: 9:42am On Aug 13, 2023
Fugazy2023:

The people of Niger are not against the coup , from the news so far... why allow a government that makes you poorer.

what do you think about your government in Nigeria? have you received your little token/or prayer this morning?
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Originalsly: 9:45am On Aug 13, 2023
Fugazy2023:

So you prefer to have the government back in power to allow foreigners to exploit the resources of the country ... slave the citizens and do absolutely nothing to benefit the masses but have them continue living in poverty? Don't you know this is a popular coup? ... supported by most Nigeriens? Nigeriens trying to break out from colonialism and here you are like ECOWAS wanting the oppressors back in charge. I guess younwere also against Nelson Mandela fighting for freedom and supported the legitimate Apartheid government.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.... none but ourselves can free our minds.."

Bob Marley.

@ topic. ECOWAS is following orders from the West. Closing any of the borders will affect the economy and the masses in all ECOWAS countries. ... does the West care? All they care about is for the government to be reinstated so they can continue to plunder Niger.

Close the borders .... to stop arms from being smuggled in .... how about resources being smuggled out?
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Exceed15: 9:51am On Aug 13, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Since the majority of the people are living like slaves as you have projected then they shouldn't have a problem voting him out in the next election and bring in the person they want LEGITIMATELY

Is election credible in Africa? They are bent on holding on to power, bully other parties with incumbent power.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by skyp(m): 9:55am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

Smuggled to and from where?
It's ECOWAS no longer an economic community?
Why can't Tinubu and ECOWAS allow Nigeriens to carry their cross?
Why cry more than the bereaved?
The Nigeriens are happy, why cry for them?

That's why this life is not balanced. I have given this a thought as well and I am wondering why the interest of the Nigerien is not being considered. Since the people are not against what is happening in their country why is ECOWAS trying hard to invade the country? If African leaders want democracy to strive in Africa, they should ensure good governance and prioritise the needs of the people. With the level of insecurity and hardship in Nigeria do think in the invent that the military intervenes, the Nigerians will resist and stand in support of these criminal politicians? The answer is NO except for tribal reasons.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by MatrixCircle: 10:06am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:
That's inevitable. Movement should be restricted.

ECOWAS wouldn't want arms to be smuggled via that route
Do you think anyone can stop Wagner if they want to take weapons into Niger.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by JohnVianney: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2023
badoh:

Meanwhile, if the coup was sponsored by a military personnel from the minority tribe in Niger, would the people in the majority tribe be comfortable and accepted it?
It is a lesson for Bazoum and other African leaders still practicing democracy that once you take over power, you need to rejig and reshuffle the security apparatus especially the head. I learnt the guy that plotted the coup worked with the former president for several years and Bazoum did not deem it fit to retire and replace him with someone who can be loyal to him.
Una don carry tribalism mentality enter this charade.
As a man thinketh, so is he in his heart.
Most people like to project their thoughts onto others because they believe everyone thinks like them.
So when i see someone projecting tribal sentiments when it's uncalled for, in most cases i see that person as the guilty party.

Back to the topic, I haven't commented on this Niger Coup brouhaha because i didn't deem it necessary.
We should all let sleeping dogs lie (live and let live).
The people of Niger decided to do what they think is best for them, they are also happy with the short term outcome.

If a military govt. Is going to hurt them in the long run, na them sabi, it's none of our business.
If a military govt. Is going to bring them prosperity in the long run, congrats to them, na them sabi, it's none of our business as well.

There is no need to struggle with anybody concerning any issues. This world is big enough to contain everybody. It's greed, unchecked ambitions, envy, hatred and all evil vices that come from within that make leaders to wage wars. Wars are first fought in the head before it metamorphoses into a physical conflict.

Live and let live.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by prophetfire: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Tinubu didn't force Benin republic to block thier borders.
. Why are you people having erection over Niger republic's problem?
Even the people don't want you people's intervention.
However you guys are desperate to divert attention from the nonsense going on in your own terrible country Nigeria.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by ubimagos: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

It's ECOWAS no longer and economic community?
Why can't Tinubu and ECOWAS allow Nigeriens carry their cross?
They should happily sustain themselves, too.

1 Like

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by prophetfire: 10:33am On Aug 13, 2023
Henryfortune:

I don't know why we are so blinded to this facts.... Nigerians are only sympathetic to this issue because of the fact that it's a Nigerian president that's heading ECOWAS and they hated him for just know reasons... if it were somebody else maybe we would not be surporting this army take over of government..... Democracy is still the best form of government if the political elites allow the people true power .. military only make things harder for any country Nigeria not an exception look at how much we lost as a nation under military rules
And a bleeding country like Nigeria that can't maintain refineries nor refine crude, with insecurities of Bokoharam, bandits, herdsmen, ISWAP and IPOB miscreants and local currency fallings like empty barrels and factories closing everyday and poverty increasing astronomically, the best thing to do is to turn to enforcers of democracy in another country?
And so our soldiers should go and die in another country because of the hypocrisy of Tinubu and his blind supporters, even when we had a terrible elections in the country where he's adjudged to have stolen the elections?

1 Like

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Goodman2023: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

Some of you need to go back to primary school...Niger is a member of ECOWAS... before joining, a country must agree and accept the terms and conditions...which among them is that any member who go against the decisions of the body will be met with sanctions...the body has decided for democratic order to be restored..but Niger said no... Sanctions are rolling out and some illiterates are here shouting tinubu...when Niger was enjoying the benefits of ECOWAS none of you opened mouth...now the body is using his koboko on Niger...why complain ? Membership was not by force in the first place
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by CaptainAyub: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2023
heysquare:

How would you support it before when you people are known to be anti-Tinubu. You want every other tribes including international community to hate him all because you hates him
It is not a matter of tilumbu, ogbeni.
Nigeria is currently broke,the fight against bandits and boko haram has already drained enough of our resources both human, material and financial.
Imagine adding another drain to it?
A broke country like Nigeria shouldn't be doing things that won't benefit them materially, at least at this period.
This is my major reason.
2,the coup seems to have some level of acceptance by the citizens,why not allow them sort themselves out,or engage in long drawn negotiations with the junta first instead of jumping into a fight immediately?
Anyway, una no go ever see anything wrong cos you're already viewing it from the tribal prism.

1 Like

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Hier(m): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2023
BigYash:
If leaders were doing the right thing, things like this won't happen. Look at how Tinubu and his wicked government is treating Nigerians,as if they are not human beings currently.. They have all the resources to make Nigeria the best country in the world,but they will rather loot the resources for their personal use.. One idiot was blaming Buhari days ago ,for Tinubu's failure,as if its not the same APC . Fools!

Apc blamed PDP for their failure in 8years.. Now APC is blaming APC, for APC failure in Tinubu's "so called " government

Now ,Apc is not even concerned about how to make the country better for citizens, na war when no concern Tinubu he carry for head. I am not surprised.. What do you expect from an ex drug Baron and an election rigger ..

Tinubu is a master strategist grin grin, grin grin
He transformed Lagos into what it is currently grin grin
Let's be patient and see how true those are grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by bdon12: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2023
MadeINchenzen2:

https://twitter.com/Regency_NG/status/1690626596455972864?t=lI8et9UTDBr54015R85s4Q&s=19
Didnt they hear abt d impending blockage a week ago?why did they continue moving products?
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Thislifesef: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2023
JohnVianney:

Una don carry tribalism mentality enter this charade.
As a man thinketh, so is he in his heart.
Most people like to project their thoughts onto others because they believe everyone thinks like them.
So when i see someone projecting tribal sentiments when it's uncalled for, in most cases i see that person as the guilty party.

Back to the topic, I haven't commented on this Niger Coup brouhaha because i didn't deem it necessary.
We should all let sleeping dogs lie (live and let live).
The people of Niger decided to do what they think is best for them, they are also happy with the short term outcome.

If a military govt. Is going to hurt them in the long run, na them sabi, it's none of our business.
If a military govt. Is going to bring them prosperity in the long run, congrats to them, na them sabi, it's none of our business as well.

There is no need to struggle with anybody concerning any issues. This world is big enough to contain everybody. It's greed, unchecked ambitions, envy, hatred and all evil vices that come from within that make leaders to wage wars. Wars are first fought in the head before it metamorphoses into a physical conflict.

Live and let live.
it is True tribes in the majority are not happy with the minority being president, this has been ongoing before the coup, tribalism is rife in Africa and the same thing is currently happening in Togo.

That the people are happy with military takeover is inconsequential in ecowas intervention, because if you can justify Russia"s invasion of Ukraine just because they don't want an enemy"s foothold in their neighboring countries why do you think ecowas countries shouldn't also bother about the juntas in their neighborhood.

I am against military intervention by ecowas, though it is not wrong but I feel we have too much problems in our hands than sponsoring wars. But if we were stable enough economically I would have supported military intervention.

And lastly, if you believe the Niger people are happy with the juntas and should be left alone, don't you think they should be also be happy enough to sustain themselves?
This is your neighbors saying, "we are not comfortable with your choice of military rule but since you want to have military rule over you and you are happy about it, no problem, I can no longer trade freely with you, I can no longer bear the risk of an open border with you.
There is nothing wrong here.

Watch out for Togo, if ecowas doesn't handle these incessant military takeovers in West Africa I see Togo going the same way soon,i mean very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Hier(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2023
BigYash:
If leaders were doing the right thing, things like this won't happen. Look at how Tinubu and his wicked government is treating Nigerians,as if they are not human beings currently.. They have all the resources to make Nigeria the best country in the world,but they will rather loot the resources for their personal use.. One idiot was blaming Buhari days ago ,for Tinubu's failure,as if its not the same APC . Fools!

Apc blamed PDP for their failure in 8years.. Now APC is blaming APC, for APC failure in Tinubu's "so called " government

Now ,Apc is not even concerned about how to make the country better for citizens, na war when no concern Tinubu he carry for head. I am not surprised.. What do you expect from an ex drug Baron and an election rigger ..

I have kept saying it, you don't keep doing the same thing (APC) and expect a different results. Secondly, APC can not do what APC could not do🤦

1 Like

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by persius555(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2023
Better than waging a war
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by bdon12: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2023
CaptainAyub:

It is not a matter of tilumbu, ogbeni.
Nigeria is currently broke,the fight against bandits and boko haram has already drained enough of our resources both human, material and financial.
Imagine adding another drain to it?
A broke country like Nigeria shouldn't be doing things that won't benefit them materially, at least at this period.
This is my major reason.
2,the coup seems to have some level of acceptance by the citizens,why not allow them sort themselves out,or engage in long drawn negotiations with the junta first instead of jumping into a fight immediately?
Anyway, una no go ever see anything wrong cos you're already viewing it from the tribal prism.
That is one way if seeing it.How abt d billions of dollars n mou signed for passing gas pipe through Niger to europe under a civilian administration?do u know d world is moving towards gas?do u know how mch nigeria is likely to make?
Forget wagner,their hands are full...all na threat.for Nigerian survival ,there mst be civil order in niger becos d junta will revoke previous agreements
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Max24: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

Because a message must be sent to all African militaries including Nigerias that dictatorship would not be accepted again in Africa. Africans are not monkeys like the whites used to call us because of our lack of organization. If a military man wants to rule us he should first retire and then contest for an election. Imagine if other countries had allowed Hitler's annexation of Poland to stand. By now, Hitler and his successors would have extended his empire to Africa. Evil thrives when good men remain silent.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by BoboNogoDie: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

Why are you crying and WAILING because ECOWAS blocked their own trucks from entering Niger? What's you people's problem and frustration for God sake. You just have hate in your heart for someone better than you and your generations a million times -Tinubu.
Rest abeg.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by kindlyheart: 11:04am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

But at least Nigeria border dam be checked

Yes ooo... I am not and advocate of enriching White men in the name of war or buying weapon
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Cabalgeneral: 11:09am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

Shettima will take over his position, let keep watching.....
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Father4all: 11:14am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

God bless you for the comment. Tinubu thinks by doing the wishes of France and the west Especially America that tribunal won't remove him. But he has FAILED
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Father4all: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2023
Tinubu is more Useless than Buhari
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Flame333: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:
That's inevitable. Movement should be restricted.

ECOWAS wouldn't want arms to be smuggled via that route

What are you saying,...? Behind Niger is Libya

arm kwa, are you the one surviving Burkina Faso and Mali or even Guinea...

Nigeria and Niger Republic are suffering from the closure...
Call your inept Tinubu to have sense and lead well...

Scared to the bone of a coup, check South Africa where president can be jail, very calm and progressive.. Military don't look inward due to strong practice of democracy..

Do you have democracy in Nigeria
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by emapeteum(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

How reasonable are these points?
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Ikaeniyan0: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2023
prophetfire:
. Why are you people having erection over Niger republic's problem?
Even the people don't want you people's intervention.
However you guys are desperate to divert attention from the nonsense going on in your own terrible country Nigeria.
You're the one having an election over Niger and my comment. I'm not Benin republic that blocked their border with Niger republic.
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by frankson1(m): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

@the bolded, if you understand the ECOWAS' treaty/functions you wouldn't be asking this. If Niger wasn't a member state, Tinubu and ECOWAS would have definitely allowed them to carry their cross.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince William & Harry Unveil Princess Diana's Statue (Pictures) / Trump Tweeted Through POTUS, Twitter Deleted Them Immediately / Ugandan Policeman Assaults A Woman, Holds Her Breast (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.