Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? (1029 Views)

Imagine The Riot In Northern Nigeria If An Igbo Catholic Did This To Islam / Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche / Peter Obi Is An Igbo Catholic Church Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Brek: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
RockHard:
I'm a proud ibo catholic from Anambra but I keep wondering why we the igbo catholics continue to play second fiddle to the Italians. When will an iboman be allowed to become a Pope at the Vatican?

It's not as if italians brought Christianity or Judaism to iboland (check the bible and you will see and confirm that we ibos are descendants of Eri the son of Gad who was one of the sons of Jacob from his concubine as mentioned in the bible). We ibos were practicing Judaism and Abrahamism before Italians even heard the gospel.

But what I don't understand is why I, as an Iboman can't venerate and decide to worship my own ancestors the same way the Italians do to their ancestors whom they call 'saints'? I also don't understand why Imolites rejected Bishop Okpaleke to preside over and lead them in prayers when he was transferred to Ahiara diocese in Mbiase. Are we truly a conquered people? Why are we always inferior to the white catholics? Even within Nigeria, ibo christians behave inferior to Yoruba christians. Our mumu no too much so?

Could this inferiority complex be the reason why the Obi of Onitsha, Ikwerres, and some Anioma ibos feel ashamed to identify as ibos?

Sometimes I feel ashamed of identifying as an iboman because it's so shameful how we constitute the largest population of Nigerians locked up in foreign prisons.

Just look at how Simon Ekpa and his Ipob touts flog our parents and kids over Sit-At-Home noncompliance?

I would like NL members to proffer a lasting solution to this fiasco because it's become such an embarrassment to us ibos as a people.
Mtchewww
Remove IPOB from that ur post
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Cantonese: 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
walefresh3:
dey are slaves and cursed not to be....

Brainless and idiotic youths.
So to you and your very stupid OP, the Yorubas do not longer have Catholic Church members? What stops the Yorubas or any other tribe in Nigeria and Africans from becoming the Pope?

Imbeciles like you are the reason decent people are not able to contribute meaningfully on social media platforms. You take your stinking selves here to pollute discussions with your reckless tribal comments. The only way to know who are cursed is to look at yourself first. If you understand the word “cursed”, then take a look at yourself in a mirror and then tell yourself that you are one.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by walefresh3(m): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
Cantonese:

Brainless and idiotic youths.
So to you and your very stupid OP, the Yorubas do not longer have Catholic Church members? What stops the Yorubas or any other tribe in Nigeria and Africans from becoming the Pope?

Imbeciles like you are the reason decent people are not able to contribute meaningfully on social media platforms. You take your stinking selves here to pollute discussions with your reckless tribal comments. The only way to know who are cursed is to look at yourself first. If you understand the word “cursed”, then take a look at yourself in a mirror and then tell yourself that you are one.
venous of anger... You pained ....

Speak to asari dokubo not me...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can Your Govt Move Critical Agencies To Congested Lagos, NYA Tackles Tinubu / The New Umuahia, Abia State: Gov Alex Otti Has Transformed Umuahia / Flag Of Nigeria, From 1914 - 1960

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.