Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,168 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? (1006 Views)

Imagine The Riot In Northern Nigeria If An Igbo Catholic Did This To Islam / Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche / Peter Obi Is An Igbo Catholic Church Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RockHard: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2023
I'm a proud ibo catholic from Anambra but I keep wondering why we the igbo catholics continue to play second fiddle to the Italians. When will an iboman be allowed to become a Pope at the Vatican?

It's not as if italians brought Christianity or Judaism to iboland (check the bible and you will see and confirm that we ibos are descendants of Eri the son of Gad who was one of the sons of Jacob from his concubine as mentioned in the bible). We ibos were practicing Judaism and Abrahamism before Italians even heard the gospel.

But what I don't understand is why I, as an Iboman can't venerate and decide to worship my own ancestors the same way the Italians do to their ancestors whom they call 'saints'? I also don't understand why Imolites rejected Bishop Okpaleke to preside over and lead them in prayers when he was transferred to Ahiara diocese in Mbiase. Are we truly a conquered people? Why are we always inferior to the white catholics? Even within Nigeria, ibo christians behave inferior to Yoruba christians. Our mumu no too much so?

Could this inferiority complex be the reason why the Obi of Onitsha, Ikwerres, and some Anioma ibos feel ashamed to identify as ibos?

Sometimes I feel ashamed of identifying as an iboman because it's so shameful how we constitute the largest population of Nigerians locked up in foreign prisons.

Just look at how Simon Ekpa and his Ipob touts flog our parents and kids over Sit-At-Home noncompliance?

I would like NL members to proffer a lasting solution to this fiasco because it's become such an embarrassment to us ibos as a people.

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Nairaland24: 10:28am On Aug 13, 2023
cool

Pope too far... Nigerian President, Nigerian Senate Presidency, Nigerian Speaker of the house

Buhari personally picked Imo State Governor because they are not capable to elect

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RuggedBiafran: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2023
See another senseless post.

YORUBA PEOPLE GROW UP...

Why cant MURIC , be appointed as their propagandist in MECCA? grin
Why Cant Tinubu be appointed as the IMAM at Mecca?

You claim to be a Muslim, but you like eating PIG meat. grin

Yoruba man without identity..GROW UP...

Shameless COWARDS..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2023
Hmm...
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RuggedBiafran: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2023
Yoruba MAN face NIGER REPUBLIC AND NORTH that is ANGRY with Tinubu. grin grin grin grin

Nairaland24:
cool

Pope too far... Nigerian President, Nigerian Senate Presidency, Nigerian Speaker of the house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Dvdpity: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2023
"Proud ibo'

This has already given you out as non igbo.

You are just an imposter.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Francisayo(m): 10:34am On Aug 13, 2023
Abi una wan turn am to Nigeria presidency?

Maybe we should sit at home asap to show Rome that they can't do without us.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2023
I fear what happened in Nigeria in 1966 is about to happen in the Vatican o

shocked

6 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Alchemy528: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2023
Francisayo:
Abi una wan turn am to Nigeria presidency?

Maybe we should sit at home asap to show some that they can't do without us.
us.....
If they are talking you, you're also talking
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Ofunaofu: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2023
RuggedBiafran:

YORUBA PEOPLE GROW UP...

Why cant MURIC , be appointed as their propagandist in MECCA? grin
Why Cant Tinubu be appointed as the IMAM at Mecca?

You claim to be a Muslim, but you lie eating PIG meat. grin

Shameless COWARDS..

RuggedBiafran, you are even going to far

Ask the OP why can't a Yoruba Muslim be made Emir of ilorin, Kwara State. A Yoruba land

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Jackson619007: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2023
Cause it's more of a business than a religion, they won't let you squander their little effort over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RuggedBiafran: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2023
You are wicked.... grin grin grin grin grin

Ofunaofu:

Ask the OP why can't a Yoruba Muslim be made Emir of ilorin, Kwara State. A Yoruba land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Depriest2020: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2023
Lie Lie OP, everyone in Nigeria knows that it's only Yoruba's that spells Igbo as Ibo as it sounds in their mothers tongue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 10:53am On Aug 13, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Ibrahim KOLAPO Sulu Gambari is the Emir

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RuggedBiafran: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2023
Why is he not an OBA...?
Why is he Banning yoruba beliefs?
Why is he the one to represent Kwara at the traditional leaders council?..An EMIR representing OBAs? grin

Just accept the obvious...
grin

illicit:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Ofunaofu: 10:58am On Aug 13, 2023
illicit:

Yes I know
But he is a yoruba speaking Fulani Emir

He is loyal to the Fulani's

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
Why is he not an OBA...?
Why is he Banning yoruba beliefs?
Why is he the one to represent Kwara at the traditional leaders council?..Am EMIR representing OBAs? grin

Just accept the obvious...
grin

Because he is an Emir and a Muslim

Is that too hard for you to understand

Or you just want to rewrite history from the comfort of your phone?
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Yes I know
But he is a yoruba speaking Fulani Emir

He is loyal to the Fulani's

Correct

Here is someone that sees the real situation not sentiments
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by walefresh3(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2023
RockHard:
I'm a proud ibo catholic from Anambra but I keep wondering why we the igbo catholics continue to play second fiddle to the Italians. When will an iboman be allowed to become a Pope are the Vatican?

It's not as if italians brought Christianity or Judaism to iboland (check the bible and you will see and confirm that we ibos are descendants of Eri the son of Gad who was one of the sons of Jacob from his concubine as mentioned in the bible). We ibos were practicing Judaism and Abrahamism before Italians even heard the gospel.

But what I don't understand is why I, as an Iboman can't venerate and decide to worship my own ancestors the same way the Italians do to their ancestors whom they call 'saints'? I also don't understand why Imolites rejected to Bishop Okpaleke to preside over and lead them in prayers when he was transferred to Ahiara diocese in Mbiase. Are we truly a conquered people? Why are we always inferior to the white catholics? Even within Nigeria, ibo christians behave inferior to Yoruba christians. Our mumu no too much so?

Could this inferiority complex be the reason why the Obi of Onitsha, Ikwerres, and some Anioma ibos feel ashamed to identify as ibos?

Sometimes I feel ashamed of identifying as an iboman because it's so shameful how we constitute the largest population of Nigerians locked up in foreign prisons.

Just look at how Simon Ekpa and his Ipob touts flogs our parents and kids over Sit-At-Home noncompliance?

I would like NL members to proffer a lasting solution to this fiasco because it's become such an embarrassment to us ibos as a people.
dey are slaves and cursed not to be....

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Fugazy2023: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2023
They will soon turn christianity to Nzogbu Nzogbu cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RuggedBiafran: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2023
Stop being more foolish trying to act smart.

So Fulani EMIR is the same as Yoruba OBA? grin

illicit:

Because he is an Emir and a Muslim

Is that too hard for you to understand

Or you just want to rewrite history from the comfort of your phone?
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
Stop being more foolish trying to act smart.

So Fulani EMIR is the same as Yoruba OBA? grin

I think u are being stupid

U asked why can't Ilorin have a Yoruba EMIR?

Do you have short term memory

Do you mean you don't know why Ilorin doesn't have a Yoruba Oba?

If u don't know, I think you are not in the category of Nairalanders that I will exchange comments with

Perhaps u have never been to school

1 Like

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RuggedBiafran: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2023
An OBA was disposed by a "VISITOR" who became an EMIR, and is a Foreigner (Not Yoruba). grin

When are you going to dispose the EMIR and return a Yoruba OBA? Very Simple question...and you are busy answering stupidly as a certified dundee. grin

illicit:

I think u are being stupid

U asked why can't Ilorin have a Yoruba EMIR?

Do you have short term memory

Do you mean you don't know why Ilorin doesn't have a Yoruba Oba?

If u don't know, I think you are not in the category of Nairalanders that I will exchange comments with

Perhaps u have never been to school

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
An OBA was disposed by an EMIR who is a Foreigner (Not Yoruba).

When are you going to dispose the EMIR and return a Yoruba OBA? Very Simple question...and you are busy answering stupidly as a certified dundee. grin

And what if we don't?

How is that ur concern

So u think we should just 1966 them?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by Dubetex96(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
YORUBA PEOPLE GROW UP...
Why cant MURIC , be appointed as their propagandist in MECCA? grin Why Cant Tinubu be appointed as the IMAM at Mecca?
You claim to be a Muslim, but you lie eating PIG meat. grin
Shameless COWARDS..
Easy bro u catch am be dat

1 Like

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RuggedBiafran: 11:17am On Aug 13, 2023
Yoruba man...

Answer the darn question and dont shift narratives.

Bloody cowards...
angry

illicit:

And what if we don't?

How is that ur concern

So u think we should just 1966 them?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 11:19am On Aug 13, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
Yoruba man...

Answer the darn question and dont shift narratives.

Bloody cowards...
angry

Yeah sure

We can see how bravery is working out for you in a 4by4 cell in kuje, Ofonu
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by MrEverest(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2023
RockHard:
I'm a proud ibo catholic from Anambra but I keep wondering why we the igbo catholics continue to play second fiddle to the Italians. When will an iboman be allowed to become a Pope are the Vatican?

But what I don't understand is why I, as an Iboman can't venerate and decide to worship my own ancestors the same way the Italians do to their ancestors whom they call 'saints'? I also don't understand why Imolites rejected to Bishop Okpaleke to preside over and lead them in prayers when he was transferred to Ahiara diocese in Mbiase. Are we truly a conquered people? Why are we always inferior to the white catholics? Even within Nigeria, ibo christians behave inferior to Yoruba christians. Our mumu no too much so?

Just look at how Simon Ekpa and his Ipob touts flogs our parents and kids over Sit-At-Home noncompliance?

Yoruba Muslim, Igbos can be a pope. In fact, an Igbo man, cardinal Arinze almost became a pope. Igbos are just a fraction of global Catholic that number in billions yet we were so close to becoming a pope despite having less than 3% of global Catholic population!

Now compare that Nigeria were Yorubas are forever banned from ever becoming a sultan! Yorubas have up to 30% of Nigeria's Muslim population yet you can never become a sultan! Aren't you supposed to be ashamed of that?!

That's why I love Igbos, they're proud and have self dignity. If it's Igbos that have such huge Muslim population in Nigeria, you can't ban them from becoming a sultan, the way Yorubas were banned.

Levels bro! Levels!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by BoldBrainz(m): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2023
This particular nigga behind this thread has a long history of gaslighting folks with very carefully planned issues he knows will spike enough interests from warring parties.

Very cynical and sly motherfvcker!
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2023
MrEverest:

Yoruba Muslim, Igbos can be a pope. In fact, an Igbo man, cardinal Arinze almost became a pope. Igbos are just a fraction of global Catholic that number in billions yet we were so close to becoming a pope despite having less than 3% of global Catholic population!

Now compare that Nigeria were Yorubas are forever banned from ever becoming a sultan! Yorubas have up to 30% of Nigeria's Muslim population yet you can never become a sultan! Aren't you supposed to be ashamed of that?!

That's why I love Igbos, they're proud and have self dignity. If it's Igbos that have such huge Muslim population in Nigeria, you can't ban them from becoming a sultan, the way Yorubas were banned.

Levels bro! Levels!!!

Ur analogy is wrong

The system of succession in the two polities is different
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by RuggedBiafran: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2023
He is in a Cell...but everyday you open topics about him?

HE LIVES RENT FREE IN YOUR HEAD...that is FREEDOM!!...
YOU ARE THE ONE IN A PRISON. DISTURBING YOURSELF ABOUT A MAN THAT DOESNT EVEN KNOW YOU.

As Regards bravery, you lost ILORIN to Swords, Bows and Arrows. Now that GUNs exist, you cant even take back your ancestral land.

You are a solid Coward...
grin

illicit:

Yeah sure

We can see how bravery is working out for you in a 4by4 cell in kuje, Ofonu
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? by illicit(m): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2023
SilentBiafran

Cat got your fingers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch The House Of Representatives Argueble Motion To Divide Nigeria / I Am Not Looking For Work Under Tinubu – Obasanjo Reacts To His Meeting With BAT / Hard Facts About Bola Ahmed Tinubu For The Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.