Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,693 members, 7,862,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? (423 Views)

I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
Whether married or engaged, should your partner have access to your phone?

Yes or No? And maybe why?
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Puss360(f): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Candidlady: 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ibelieve in transparency but not when it comes to phone issues

Idont wanna see your phone so please don't ask for mine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by illicit(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
Candidlady:
Ibelieve in transparency but not when it comes to phone issues

Idont wanna see your phone so please don't ask for mine

If we marry nko?
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Candidlady: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2023
illicit:

If we marry nko?

What would you need my phone for undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
I can't be with someone that'll hide his phones from me. If you can't be very open to me same way I'll do , then there's no need to be together. I hate that thing ehnnnn , you wan use curiosity kill me. I play with my dad's phone as I like, so I expect same from my oga.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by illicit(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
Candidlady:

At least I can pick your calls and u can pick mine

I have seen happily married couples do that

There's a couple I know , if u looking for either of them, and u met one

The same thing u expect the other one to say is what the one u met will say

It's just like they have the same mind

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by GanagiBitrus: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ideally for a married couple, there should neither be any Entitlement nor any Restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Candidlady: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
illicit:

You lost me from your third paragraph...

Taking my calls doesn't mean you fingering my phone...

You are allowed to take my calls and yeah with me permission!!!

Imight be doing something at that time.. you can't just take my calls without me giving you the go ahead...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by illicit(m): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2023
Candidlady:

You lost me from your third paragraph...

Taking my calls doesn't mean you fingering my phone...

You are allowed to take my calls and yeah with me permission!!!

Imight be doing something at that time.. you can't just take my calls without me giving you the go ahead...

I can't fiddle with your phone if there's nothing to suspect...

The third paragraph, I was talking about some Wonderful couples I have met, they do things together
I doubt if they had secrets

If a marriage is happy and transparent, permission or not, they should be able to answer each other's call

One of the things that brings unhappiness and distrust in relationships is when we set unnecessary barriers

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Candidlady: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2023
illicit:

The third paragraph, I was talking about some Wonderful couples I have met, they do things together

If a marriage is happy and transparent, permission or not, they should be able to answer each other's call

One of the things that brings unhappiness and distrust in relationships is when we set unnecessary barriers

First off... Who as a person doesn't have secret(s) ?? (Prolly coz of my trust issues)

Even in marriage ibelieve there should be some sorta boundaries between the man and the woman ?

Please iwould love to know some necessary barriers and some unnecessary barriers

Help me mention few
Nagode
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by illicit(m): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
Candidlady:

First off... Who as a person doesn't have secret(s) ?? (Prolly coz of my trust issues)

Even in marriage ibelieve there should be some sorta boundaries between the man and the woman ?

Please iwould love to know some necessary barriers and some unnecessary barriers

Help me mention few
Nagode

If u marry me, u dont need secrets

Or let's say ur secret is/becomes our secret, its us against the world now

In my idea of marriage, nothing is mine
It's ours

Operating phones shouldn't be a barrier, it will bring unhealthy suspicion if it's not allowed

I see married people as one, I don't see any barrier

If it's genuine love o

And yours truly, I have seen examples

What I told you that my uncle, a lay pastor and a retired lecturer, well travelled, never had girlfriends?

In marriage, to make it work, you need open hands.

My uncle's wife knows his location and whereabouts and vice versa...

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Stawner16(m): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
NO.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Nice2023(m): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hiding anything away from ur woman or man is tantamount to distrust.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Exmilitant(m): 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
illicit:

You don talkam finish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
Yes,she has.... Cuz I don't have anything to hide......
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
He can have access to my phone when necessary, but he's not entitled to it the same way I'm not entitled to his.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by wunmi590(m): 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2023

What am I hiding that my wife can't have FULL access to my phone...

As I speak, she just returned my phone 📱 to me, as she used it for something....

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
Just in case you're not married, endeavour to discuss this phone issue with your partner since it's a big deal for you. Something I also noticed is your relationship with your dad. A little advice: learn to see your partner for who they are and try not to compare them with your dad. Allow your partner's personality to flourish.

IconicR:
I can't be with someone that'll hide his phones from me. If you can't be very open to me same way I'll do , then there's no need to be together. I hate that thing ehnnnn , you wan use curiosity kill me. I play with my dad's phone as I like, so I expect same from my oga.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
This shows that the couple have healthy communication.

illicit:

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
What if there's an emergency and they need access to your phone?

Candidlady:

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
Valid point

GanagiBitrus:
Ideally for a married couple, there should neither be any Entitlement nor any Restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
Any specific reason?

Stawner16:
NO.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
Does that mean your partner can have access to your phone?

Nice2023:
Hiding anything away from ur woman or man is tantamount to distrust.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2023
Do you also have access to her phone?

Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Yes,she has.... Cuz I don't have anything to hide......
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
Should we say there are boundaries but yet a healthy one?

Samantha124:
He can have access to my phone when necessary, but he's not entitled to it the same way I'm not entitled to his.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Chironks: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
Interesting! Most couples do not allow their partners access to their phones based on reasons known to them.

wunmi590:

What am I hiding that my wife can't have FULL access to my phone...

As I speak, she just returned my phone 📱 to me, as she used it for something....
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by cococandy(f): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
Not entitled per se but it can be a sign of respect or disrespect depending on who’s asking.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Davidave(m): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
Privacy is a normal and healthy part of relationships. If you don't trust your partner enough to afford them reasonable privacy, the battle is already lost.

I have nothing at all to hide from my fiancée, but I'd def think it was weird if she requested to go through my phone.
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by wunmi590(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
Chironks:
Interesting! Most couples do not allow their partners access to their phones based on reasons known to them.

It is either the partner is cheating or hiding some business deal with the partner...

I don't have anything to hide, my wife knows everything about me, she has my ATM pin, all my bank app password and every app I used that has password...

That's the person I sleep side by side with, if anything happen to me, she will be the first to rescue me
Re: Is Your Partner Entitled To Have Access To Your Phone? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yes.
Chironks:
Should we say there are boundaries but yet a healthy one?

(1) (Reply)

Tell Us The Worst Thing A Prophet Has Told You. / 7 Signs God Is About To Bless You / I'm Having A Tough Time With My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.