Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? (1376 Views)

Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele / Bakare To Tinubu's Men: I Scored 0 Votes With My Identity, Original Credentials / ‘you’ll Not Go Without Vomitting What You’ve Stolen’ — Bakare To Bourdillon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by nairavsdollars(f): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
By Temidayo Akinsuyi
The presiding pastor of Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare has challenged President Bola Tinubu to go after subsidy thieves who have plundered the treasuries of Nigeria in the name of fuel subsidy if truly he is serious about fighting corruption.

He also admonished Tinubu to kill corruption and not Nigerians.

The cleric cum politician made these observations on Sunday while delivering his State of the Union address at his church in Lagos which was monitored by QUESTTIMES.

Recalled that the president in his nationwide address on Monday, July 31 had said subsidy monies are being funneled into the deep pockets and lavish bank accounts of a select group of individuals over the years.

In his words “For several years, I have consistently maintained the position that the fuel subsidy had to go. This once beneficial measure had outlived its usefulness. “The subsidy cost us trillions of Naira yearly. Such a vast sum of money would have been better spent on public transportation, healthcare, schools, housing, and even national security. Instead, it was being funneled into the deep pockets and lavish bank accounts of a select group of individuals,” he said.

While addressing the congregants, Bakare who asked the president some salient questions on the subsidy removal also wondered why the president has not taken any action to go after the fraudsters and recover the monies from them.

Bakare said, “Fellow Nigerians, what is further clear concerning our domestic challenges is that by imposing hardship on Nigerians, without going after those corrupt individuals, corporations, and government officials who have plundered Nigeria over the years in the name of subsidy, the president has picked the wrong fight”.

“In his Monday, July 31 2023 address to the nation, the president stated that the vast sum of money which could have been better spent on public transportation, healthcare, schools, housing, and even national security was been funneled into the deep pockets and bank accounts of some select few individuals. The president further stated that the subsidy removal policy was to stop the smuggling of money by fraudsters”.

“This compelled us to ask the following salient questions: Who are these groups of individuals into whose pockets our national treasuries have been funneled? Who are the fraudsters and smugglers that have been defrauding our nation in the name of subsidy? Who are these nameless characters that have fed fat at the expense of the poor?”

“Mr. President, are they your business partners or are they all sacred cows? Mr. President, if you are truly on the side of the poor, if you are serious about the welfare of the people, if you truly want the poor to breathe as you once said, then kill corruption and not Nigerians”.
https://thequesttimes.com/tunde-bakare-to-president-tinubu-are-subsidy-thieves-your-business-partners/

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by DrGoodman: 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
He's asking like he doesn't know.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Xscape1993(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
Can a chief thief arrest or prosecute small thieves? We are not serious yet in this country. We are still living in pretency in this country.

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by ivolt: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
When will Nigerians learn that the so-called subsidy thieves/cabal are boogeymen politician
uses to justify hike in petrol prices?
The reason they can't mention the names of the so-called cabal is because it is all made up.

Any politician talking about subsidy thieves is either foolish or lying.
Companies involved in importing petrol are not secret, any decent journalist
can get their list.

I know some people will start blabbing about corruption.
Is there no corruption in road construction, salary payment(ghost workers),
education and health sector?

Instead of this dubious politicians to say they want to remove subsidy because
they need more money, they lie about cabals and corruption.

They claimed subsidy is a "scam", yet the economy is crashing after removing
the so-called "scam".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by EyeCumInPiece: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
I have always suspected this man to be IPOB. Now it is confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by christejames(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
Indeed, they are his business (cocaine) partners undecided, if not, he would have named them for the world to see...

An illegitimate president can't act beyond his spectrum!

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Nvestor02: 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
Tinubu handle every section with cares and wiseness. Imagine he unified naira and world Bank are already praising him for it.

He Removed subsidy and we all see how IMF are also praising him for it predicting that our economy will grow faster than before.

He has paid back some loans that Jonathan borrow.

Now, he has doubled the allocations that every states receive. ( If nothing changes in your state, hold your governor responsible)

Light has been good in my area, if it's not good In Your area, hold your governor for it.

I'm very sure he is cooking new minimum wages for civil servant too.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Mystic216: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
Yoruba to Yoruba.

Watch how an!mals will start attacking Obi and Igbos

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Jostoman: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
Lagos landlord miscrant will soon come here to tag this man IPOB. Very pathetic miscrants
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by CodeTemplar: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
No arrest or prosecutions until now.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by BoldBrainz(m): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nvestor02:
Tinubu handle every section with cares and wiseness. Imagine he unified naira and world Bank are already praising him for it.

He Removed subsidy and we all see how IMF are also praising him for it predicting that our economy will grow faster than before.

Now, he has doubled the allocations that every states receive. ( If nothing changes in your state, hold your governor responsible)

Light has been good in my area, if it's not good In Your area, hold your governor for it.

I'm sorry, do you do drugs?

6 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by hisexcellency34: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
grin grin grin
BoldBrainz:

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
ivolt:
When will Nigerians learn that the so-called subsidy thieves/cabal are boogeymen politician
The reason they can't mention the names of the so-called cabal is because it is all made up.

can get their list.

What is stopping you from getting the list?! Are you also afraid?

The advocacy for the removal of subsidy has been on for ages. It didn't start today. IMF, World Bank, and other reputable economic and financial institutions have advised for the removal so many times before now. This institutions have no political affiliation other than stating the obvious. You are pointless with your narrow perspective.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Kukutente23: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:

He does. But he took the wrong ones this time around

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Kukutente23: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

The removal of subsidy has been on for ages. It didn't start today. IMF, World Bank, and other reputable economic and financial institutions have advised for the removal so many times before now. You are pointless with your narrow perspective.
You failed to get the point of his opinion.
You failed
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
grin As regard Tunde Bakare, lol...it seems his God has stopped talking to him or he is the one that has stopped hearing from his God. grin Fake Prophesy pastors.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by BoldBrainz(m): 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kukutente23:

He does. But he took the wrong ones this time around

Because my brother, the matter reach to ask o!
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by ivolt: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

My post was not for lazy folks.
The list of oil importers is actually public! You won't die if you search for it.

Tinubu said he could have asked for his own share of subsidy "scam".
Who exactly was he referring to? He must think we are all fools.

The removal of subsidy has been on for ages. It didn't start today. IMF, World Bank, and other reputable economic and financial institutions have advised for the removal so many times before now. You are pointless with your narrow perspective.

So because fuel subsidy removal has been on for ages, that must make it right?
grin grin

IMF, "World Bank" are all profit-making loan companies who make recommendations based on their personal interests.
A loan company is interested in repayment of loans and profit for shareholders!

No country has ever developed by blindly following external advice like mumu without thinking about
domestic issues first.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
ivolt:

The list of oil importers is actually public! You won't die if you search for it.

grin grin

IMF, "World Bank" are all profit-making loan companies who make recommendations based on their personal interests.

No country has ever developed by blindly following external advice like mumu without thinking about
domestic issues first.

You have only succeeded in repeating your narrow perspective in a different way.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by nairavsdollars(f): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nobody is prosecuting Boko Haram sponsors talkless of subsidy thieves
ivolt:

grin grin

domestic issues first.

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by slivertongue: 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
“I warned that the politics of entitlement; the ’emilokan’ type of politics would breed an imperium presidency, one that would slide towards dictatorship and would be intolerant of dissent.”
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by saobobo80: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Xscape1993:
Can a chief thief arrest or prosecute small thieves? We are not serious yet in this country. We are still living in pretency in this country.

Nigerians are not ready.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by saobobo80: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
ivolt:

can get their list.

They claimed subsidy is a "scam", yet the economy is crashing after removing
the so-called "scam".

I'm with you on this. Those people still callect the so called subsidy but not from government anymore, but from the people. THEIR PAYMENT IS INTACT AND IT IS EVEN MORE THAN WHAT THEY USED TO COLLECT FROM THE GOVERNMENT THEN.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by DMerciful(m): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
Another suffering praise-singer
Nvestor02:

Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi
The presiding pastor of Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare has challenged President Bola Tinubu to go after subsidy thieves who have plundered the treasuries of Nigeria in the name of fuel subsidy if truly he is serious about fighting corruption.

He also admonished Tinubu to kill corruption and not Nigerians.

The cleric cum politician made these observations on Sunday while delivering his State of the Union address at his church in Lagos which was monitored by QUESTTIMES.

Recalled that the president in his nationwide address on Monday, July 31 had said subsidy monies are being funneled into the deep pockets and lavish bank accounts of a select group of individuals over the years.

In his words “For several years, I have consistently maintained the position that the fuel subsidy had to go. This once beneficial measure had outlived its usefulness. “The subsidy cost us trillions of Naira yearly. Such a vast sum of money would have been better spent on public transportation, healthcare, schools, housing, and even national security. Instead, it was being funneled into the deep pockets and lavish bank accounts of a select group of individuals,” he said.

While addressing the congregants, Bakare who asked the president some salient questions on the subsidy removal also wondered why the president has not taken any action to go after the fraudsters and recover the monies from them.

Bakare said, “Fellow Nigerians, what is further clear concerning our domestic challenges is that by imposing hardship on Nigerians, without going after those corrupt individuals, corporations, and government officials who have plundered Nigeria over the years in the name of subsidy, the president has picked the wrong fight”.

“In his Monday, July 31 2023 address to the nation, the president stated that the vast sum of money which could have been better spent on public transportation, healthcare, schools, housing, and even national security was been funneled into the deep pockets and bank accounts of some select few individuals. The president further stated that the subsidy removal policy was to stop the smuggling of money by fraudsters”.

“This compelled us to ask the following salient questions: Who are these groups of individuals into whose pockets our national treasuries have been funneled? Who are the fraudsters and smugglers that have been defrauding our nation in the name of subsidy? Who are these nameless characters that have fed fat at the expense of the poor?”

“Mr. President, are they your business partners or are they all sacred cows? Mr. President, if you are truly on the side of the poor, if you are serious about the welfare of the people, if you truly want the poor to breathe as you once said, then kill corruption and not Nigerians”.
https://thequesttimes.com/tunde-bakare-to-president-tinubu-are-subsidy-thieves-your-business-partners/
To whom it may concern, how him dey raise PRESIDENTIAL FORM MONEY ,every 4 + 4 ?
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by floret23(f): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nvestor02:

You seem inconsiderate, selfish and sensele*". What concerns governors with light? Electricity is the business of FG and private partnership.
Re: Tunde Bakare To President Tinubu: Are Subsidy Thieves Your Business Partners? by WorldRichest: 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
Tunde Bakare is MAD He has always been. But his followers Madness is worse than his. I cannot imagine going to a Business Center called Church after the head used 100 Million Naira of Tithes and Offerings to buy Zero votes at APC Convention after his "god" told him that Buhari will handover to him.

What a useless thief

(1) (Reply)

Senegal President Give President Tinubu ''shake-and-pull'' Handshake / States With Highest Population Of People With Access To Drinking Water(photo) / Nigeria: A Country Where Anything Could Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.