Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele (18255 Views)

6 Appointees Of Buhari President Tinubu Should Retain - Aanu Adegun / Muslim Appointees Of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo (Video & List) / 2023 Presidency: Why I Will Pick Tinubu Over Osinbajo - Hon Bosun Oladele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by nairavsdollars(f): 7:42am On Apr 22
INTERVIEW: Nigeria’s economy would have crumbled with Atiku or Obi as president, says ex-Oyo rep

Bosun Oladele, the national secretary of South West Agenda for Asiwaju 2023 (SWAGA’23), representated the Irepo/Olorunsogo/Orelope federal constituency of Oyo state at the national assembly from 2015 to 2019. He is also a former commissioner of information in the state.

In this interview with TheCable’s TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he spoke on developments in the country since President Bola Tinubu assumed office in 2023.

TheCable: You campaigned vigorously for Tinubu and promised Nigerians that things would be better if he won. It’s almost one year since Tinubu was sworn in, are you impressed with his performance, especially when you consider the hardship Nigerians are facing?

OLADELE: The truth must be told. President Tinubu has never minced words from his campaign to his various speeches in office. He has always said it that he wished that there could be other ways that some of these things could be done but there isn’t. A popular age-long saying is that gold will not be gold until it has passed through fire.

If you look at it, every country that has emancipated till date had their own history and story of turbulence. The reality is that a sick person will either take medication or go through surgery in order to get well. None of these two is sweet or palatable. They all leave bitter taste in the mouth; but at the end, the sick person will get back on his feet.

I will say President Tinubu has been a leader that has walked his talk. He has spoken to every situation and has listened to the demands of Nigerians. He never disconnected himself from the reality of what is going on outside. In the area of policy formulation, drive and implementation, he has considered the opinion of people that matter. I will say that we have never had a leader in his mold before so far, so good.

The indices are clear. Apart from the fact that he keeps saying it at every point in time, most of the things that he has promised, he has been working assiduously on them. He has involved critical stakeholders in most of his policy formulation and implementation. For the first time, the CBN has been dictating the rate of forex rather than what we used to have, when you have the parallel market or BDCs dictating the race.

TheCable: Do you think any of the opposition presidential candidates, especially Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi, would have done better if they had won the election?

OLADELE: Never! Those two don’t have the experience required to govern a country like Nigeria. This is the first time we are having a finance expert manage the affairs of Nigeria as president. Show me what these two men have done before when they held public offices and I will also tell you that I have seen a virgin in a maternity ward before.

Obi was a governor for eight years in Anambra state. There is no traceable impact of his administration in that state till date. Governors that spent less time running Anambra had more positive impact than Obi in terms of infrastructure, developmental projects and so on. The only thing he could point out was that he saved money. Economists would ask you what is the benefit of saving if you are not using it to grow your income or bring development to yourself or the state? Of course, he was able to bring in a personal business which is the brewery. Is that the person you want to entrust Nigeria into his hands?

When you look at his campaign, when Obi gives you statistics, they are always faulty. Many people didn’t get to know because they don’t bother to fact-check his words. Immediately we started fact-checking, we discovered Peter Obi was giving off-the-cuff statistics in order to bamboozle people and get votes in the election.

Atiku is becoming more like Former President Olusegun Obasanjo. He keeps writing press releases on every issue, both the ones he understands and the ones he doesn’t. He just wants to impress Nigerians that he is doing the work of opposition. Meanwhile, these were issues that were not addressed when he was in government as vice-president to Obasanjo. What did they do in terms of refineries? It was the same Atiku that told us that he was going to sell our refineries to his friends if he becomes president. He is the same one criticising Tinubu for giving the 700-km Lagos-Calabar coastal highway to a supposed ally at a highly competitive price. The design of that highway, alongside the East-West road, Bagary-Sokoto, Ikere Gorge Dam in Oyo North have always been there when Atiku and Obasanjo were in power. What did Atiku do while in power? The National Shipping Line was scrapped under them. Nigeria Airways was scrapped under them. A lot of government-owned properties was scrapped or sold under them in the name of privatisation without providing any alternatives. The roads were bad and tollgates, which were meant to earn money to rehabilitate those roads, were dismantled. What was the social security schemes that they put in place for Nigerians? What did they do about power supply when they were in government?

It was under them that we used $16 billion to generate darkness. Was Atiku not part of that administration? What is he going to do better if he becomes president? So, I don’t think Atiku and Obi would have done anything better. In fact, with the kinds of challenges Asiwaju met in office, Nigeria’s economy would have crumbled if either Atiku or Obi are in charge now. Anybody can challenge me to a debate on this issue. None of them could have done anything better than what Tinubu is doing now.

TheCable: Bello Matawalle, the minister of state for defence, last week, said all appointees of President Bola Tinubu from the north must take a united stand for the success of the administration and speak for it or exit the government. Do you agree with this?

OLADELE: Asiwaju Tinubu has been a marketer of his own administration and that has reflected in most of his speeches since his assumption of office. How I wish others are constantly speaking like that and espousing the programmes and policies of the administration that are impacting on the populace positively. The truth is that we don’t get to hear much from the ministry of information. This government has done more than any other governments in recent times in Nigeria. We have a highly cerebral president in Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a man that is not only providing ingenuous ideas but also has been mothering the implementors of those ideas.

He is the one playing the role of mother hen, regarding the appointees and the success of his administration. The appointees are not speaking up for the president. Before their appointment, so many of them were always on TV, social media and other media channels, defending and projecting the president. However, immediately after they got appointment, everybody was like ‘we have gotten what we want, let us just do it the way it pleases us’.

I am very pleased with the fact that there will be assessment. Apart from the administrative assessment that will be done internally, there will be the one that will be handed down by Nigerians on the performance of each of these appointees. Again, it is not just about their performance. They have a marketable president but now they are treating him like an orphan, starting from those in ministries, agencies and departments currently to even other elected officials. The selfish role being played by everybody is on the high.

I really don’t know why anybody will want to mind his own business when you are not minding the business of the government that appointed you. At the end of the day, if the business of that government crumbles, then your business also crumbles.

Some people were hiding their heads while some of them were out there in the trenches preaching the gospel of Asiwaju Tinubu and acting as forebearers. To this day, we are not afraid to still talk about the good deeds of this current administration. Tinubu has been the president so far and it shows that in the next three years, Nigeria will be witnessing some of her best moment as a nation.

The National Orientation Agency is missing in action. That is the agency that is closer to the grassroots. They are to bring the news and developments in governance closer to the people and they have the tools to do so. They are represented in the 774 local governments across the country. You don’t light your candle and hide it. If you don’t blow your trumpet, nobody is going to do that for you.

https://www.thecable.ng/interview-nigerias-economy-would-have-crumbled-with-atiku-or-obi-as-president-says-ex-oyo-rep/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by helinues: 7:51am On Apr 22
grin

One of the sidelined swaga group members.

Must there always be rewards for supporting

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by MrProlific95: 7:51am On Apr 22
A bigot and mad man has spoken

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Peakdesign23(m): 7:58am On Apr 22
I don’t think so

1 Like

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Cindypresh(f): 8:34am On Apr 22
Is tinubu not an orphan

Ofeke who cannot even point his father's compound in iragbiji, lmao😂

They're treating him deservingly

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Lizzysamuel(f): 9:09am On Apr 22
Who are his parents?

Abii orphan don get new meaning?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Racoon(m): 9:10am On Apr 22
sad A man with no traceable genealogy and many questionable past? No sane person would want to openly associate with a man with many despicable moral baggages like the druggie on seat.

They are only interested in what they milk out using his corrupt shadow. Buhari was another study. Good to see the real bigots and tribalistic fellas glorifying failure because of political survival.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Ofunaofu: 9:11am On Apr 22
grin

1 Like

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by slaawomirr: 12:00pm On Apr 22
Damnnn niggar
Tinubu administration is all disaster

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by SoNature(m): 12:00pm On Apr 22
Why won't they treat him as an "orphan"?

Does he have traceable family roots?

Some people even suspect he's a ghost.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:01pm On Apr 22
Cxx
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by DeeNet1: 12:01pm On Apr 22
Which one come be orphan again
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Gbadugbakun(m): 12:03pm On Apr 22
I don't have any sense thing to say so I'll sing one of Fela's songs.

Na uniform chance you de use for me
If no be uniform and gun ooo

Make una finish am .. grin
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by PointZerom: 12:04pm On Apr 22
grin

Just the way he's treating the economy.

5 Likes

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Assetosky(m): 12:04pm On Apr 22
Lizzysamuel:
Who are his parents?

Abii orphan don get new meaning?

He doesn't know your own parents too
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by MurderX: 12:05pm On Apr 22
Let's rename Nairaland to Westernland or Yoruland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by mytime24(f): 12:06pm On Apr 22
Then remove them from office na

Since then no gree bring their own Ghana must go bag 💰
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Kurugu92(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22
Why wouldn't the leaders say Nigeria youths are lazy, common to read is giving them headaches. if you read comments above you will realize either they fail to read the contents or they're hate filled.

1 Like

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by alphaconde(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22
just fix the country the gains will be obvious.

quit this if and ifs
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by maasoap(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22
NOA has been dead for a long time now
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Authoreety: 12:22pm On Apr 22
The guy is right!!

Me na confirm obidient anyways but tinubu is working
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Mindlog: 12:24pm On Apr 22
"This government has done more than any other governments in recent times in Nigeria".....Delulu Promax, Aro mental! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by VinnyBaba: 12:24pm On Apr 22
SoNature:
Why won't they treat him as an "orphan"?

Does he have traceable family roots?

Some people even suspect he's a ghost.

Honestly, Tinibu looks like one. embarassed

Like those Stories Where a Man DIES in Warri but someone suddenly see him in Agbor Years later, with a new Family embarassed undecided
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by PortHarcourtcit(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22
Cindypresh:
Is tinubu not an orphan

Ofeke who cannot even point his father's compound in iragbiji, lmao😂

They're treating him deservingly
tears flowing like a river from your eyes, then I was so tasty and dehydrated, then I brought my golden cup so that I can retrieve some of the tears and when I drank it, IT WAS SO SWEET that I was craving for more, cry for me one more time please cindypresh grin grin grin
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by VinnyBaba: 12:29pm On Apr 22
DeeNet1:
Which one come be orphan again

Means They treat him like a LEPER.😔

It means The Ministers are Ashamed of associating themselves with him, Tinibu. 😌

Who can Blame them when He is a FORGER, CRIMINAL and an UNKNOWN FAMILY IDENTITY Man.😟😒

2 Likes

Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:29pm On Apr 22
Racoon:
sad A man with no traceable genealogy and many questionable past? No sane person would want to openly associate with a man with many despicable moral baggages like the druggie on seat.

They are only interested in what they milk out using his corrupt shadow. Buhari was another study. Good to see the real bigots and tribalistic fellas glorifying failure because of political survival.

Be careful Racoon. It's no longer like it used to be. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele by Kelklein(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22
Lol.. granting sponsored interviews is one of the ways people announce their availability for appointment.. esp when they think they haven't been noticed, or need to remind the leader, of their Campaign group and the role they played during election..

The fact is...Most of the assertions by these praise-singing appointment aspirants are not correlating with the reality on ground.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others / Kano Government Floats New Transport Authority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.