Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare (1874 Views)

2023: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Set Tone For Future Politics, Says Remi Tinubu / Tinubu Supporters Rock Emilokan And Jagaban Haircuts (Photo) / Pyrates Confraternity Officially Responds To The Trending Emilokan Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by ogododo: 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
The Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare, told his congregation on Sunday that he warned against the “Emilokan” kind of politics.

Emilokan, a Yoruba saying, meaning ‘It’s my turn,’ became very popular when it was used by President Bola Tinubu during his 2023 pre-election campaign.

Bakare, during a State of the Nation broadcast, at the church in Ikeja, Lagos, said ’emilokan’ was a tendency of authoritarianism.

During his speech themed ‘Vice, Virtue & Time: Three Things That Never Stand Still,’ the cleric said, “I’m reminded of the warning that I sounded to Nigerians in January 2023 in my address titled, ‘Bridging the gap between politics and governance.’

So This Happened (204) Reviews Hilda Baci's Record-breaking Marathon Cooking
“I warned that the politics of entitlement; the ’emilokan’ type of politics would breed an imperium presidency, one that would slide towards dictatorship and would be intolerant of dissent.”

Bakare’s comments were regarding the arrest, detention and prosecution of the suspended Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele, as well as the detention of the former boss of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Abdulrasheed Bawa, by the Department of State Services.

The DSS arrested Emefiele in June, which according to the spokesperson of the security agency, Peter Afunanya, “was on the strength of suspected fresh criminal infractions/information, one of which forms the basis for his current prosecution.”

The Federal High Court in Lagos, last Thursday, fixed August 15 to hear an application by Emefiele seeking to halt his trial by the Federal Government through the DSS.

Reacting, Bakare said, “The actions of the DSS have raised concerns about professionalism and adherence to the rule of law. The reported invasion of the premises of the EFCC and the handling of the case of Emefiele have sparked discussions regarding the need for due process and equitable application of justice.

“The handling of the Emefiele case has sent a signal to the world and the current President’s disposition to the war against corruption.”

The cleric said the war against corruption by the present administration was like making some people scapegoats by virtue of them being “political adversaries while various other major enemies of Nigeria remain untouched.”

He said Emefiele if found culpable, should be prosecuted, adding that the suspended CBN governor might have made a wrong call in the management of the monetary affairs of the country, but he should not be made a scapegoat because he could not have acted without presidential authorisation.

https://punchng.com/i-warned-against-emilokan-politics-says-tunde-bakare/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by rayvelez(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
Yoruba ronu lokan awon werey…

8 Likes

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by illicit(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
Suck it up ur ass
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Phoen1X: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
Agbadorians will brand him an "obidient" now.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by abhosts(m): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
This man has suddenly found his voice again after 8 years of silence under Buhari. I am not a fan of Tinubu but this guy is a phony and cannot be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Wodu89: 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
Leave Emefiele where he is please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by AsomughaChuks05: 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
Yes Buhari supported Emefiele's new naira note policy but the idea was conceived solely by Emefiele for vengeance against those he felt thwarted his own presidential ambition. Buhari is too dull to know any economic policy. They kept him in a room and fed him anything they wanted for 8 years while ripping off the wealth of the nation. As for Abdulrasheed Bawa, karma has caught up with him for unjustly hounding my beloved former Governor Chief Willie Maduaburochukwu Obiano, Akpokuedike Anambra who is now chilling in Dallas, Texas while Bawa is in a dark underground DSS cell.

3 Likes

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Jostoman: 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2023
Majority of nigerians didnt vote for him, he forced himself on nigerians

1 Like

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
grin As regard Tunde Bakare, lol...it seems his God has stopped talking to him or he is the one that has stopped hearing from his God. grin Chairman of fake Prophesy pastors of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by SemperFid: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
There are consequences for every choice. In the next 180 days, many businesses will close. These things will happen and nothing will stop it. It is the direct consequences of the choice some people made.

A yoruba person did this to an innocent woman because he wanted tinubu to be president by all means. I believe the people that did are forever happy with their rewards.

The pains of this woman will hunt Nigeria forever.

9 Likes

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by EyeCumInPiss: 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
Such a pity that Governance in this country has been reduced to emilokan politics of You Don Chop, Na My Turn to Chop.

4 Likes

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Kukutente23: 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
Yes Buhari supported Emefiele's new naira note policy but the idea was conceived solely by Emefiele for vengeance against those he felt thwarted his own presidential ambition. Buhari is too dull to know any economic policy. They kept him in a room and fed him anything they wanted for 8 years while ripping off the wealth of the nation. As for Abdulrasheed Bawa, karma has caught up with him for unjustly hounding my beloved former Governor Chief Willie Maduaburochukwu Obiano, Akpokuedike Anambra who is now chilling in Dallas, Texas while Bawa is in a dark underground DSS cell.
I guess it was also Emefiele that told Buhari to swap currency in 1984 too.
Dummy

3 Likes

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Ofunaofu: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
Emilokan brand of politics

While others we interested in a free, fair and credible election, the emilokan drug lord told the entire world that he will grab, steal and run away with power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by vanitybutiwanti: 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
So if other candidates had won, manna will fall from heaven after 3 months in power? They'll be constant electricity and fuel will be sold at N50 per liter after subsidy removal like they all promised to do? Refineries will magically start working in 3 months?

grin grin grin

Brainless clowns and jokers

I wish BAT can resign, let Atiku or Obi take over, I'm eager to see what they will acheive in 3 months.

Talk is cheap

1 Like

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by slivertongue: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
“I warned that the politics of entitlement; the ’emilokan’ type of politics would breed an imperium presidency, one that would slide towards dictatorship and would be intolerant of dissent.”

1 Like

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by ogododo: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nlfpmod, why our Pastor dey cry?
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
Una never start to cry yet, shebi Yoruba say na de m Sabi politics of tribe and religion.

Una go see pepper e remain small

1 Like

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by badoh(m): 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nonsense talk from someone that could not get a single vote in APC presidential primaries. He has no political influence even in his polling unit.

1 Like

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by ogododo: 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
badoh:
Nonsense talk from someone that could not get a single vote in APC presidential primaries. He has no political influence even in his polling unit.
Nawa oh.
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
badoh:
he is not Yoruba. He is Igbo. He want to reap where he didn't show. Bakare is ipob

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by juman(m): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
Emilokan.
Awalokan.
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by juman(m): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
Tinubu is our messiah that knows the way.
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by ogododo: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
juman:
Tinubu is our messiah that knows the way.
Una well?

1 Like

Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by ogododo: 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
APC na curse.
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Brendaniel: 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
So if other candidates had won, manna will fall from heaven after 3 months in power? They'll be constant electricity and fuel will be sold at N50 per liter after subsidy removal like they all promised to do? Refineries will magically start working in 3 months?

grin grin grin

I wish BAT can resign, let Atiku or Obi take over, I'm eager to see what they will acheive in 3 months.

Talk is cheap

You people just come out and talk anyhow, if he is not making the country better at least he should keep it at the level his predecessor left it, same way Buhari should have done, Tinubu and Buhari partnered to come and destroy Nigeria and you guys supported them....

Please he should resign quickly or tribunal should kick him out.....
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Cromagnon: 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
Jostoman:
Majority of nigerians didnt vote for him, he forced himself on nigerians
what iss 8 million v 6million
He forced himself on 2million?
How
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Cromagnon: 11:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
SemperFid:
There are consequences for every choice. In the next 180 days, many businesses will close. These things will happen and nothing will stop it. It is the direct consequences of the choice some people made.

A yoruba person did this to an innocent woman because he wanted tinubu to be president by all means. I believe the people that did are forever happy with their rewards.

The pains of this woman will hunt Nigeria forever.
she made a choice to try to fight with a man .she wins a Darwin award
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Cromagnon: 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2023
EyeCumInPiss:
Such a pity that Governance in this country has been reduced to emilokan politics of You Don Chop, Na My Turn to Chop.
Before nko
How do you think they do it abroad
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Cromagnon: 11:24pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Emilokan brand of politics

While others we interested in a free fair and credible election, the emilokan drug lord told the entire world that he will grab, steal and run away with power
and you were all looking while he did it? You deserve to be grabbed and stolen from
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Cromagnon: 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:

grin grin grin

Talk is cheap
as innnnn.
Re: I Warned Against ‘emilokan’ Politics, Says Tunde Bakare by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:13am On Aug 14, 2023
ogododo:
The Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare, told his congregation on Sunday that he warned against the “Emilokan” kind of politics.

Emilokan, a Yoruba saying, meaning ‘It’s my turn,’ became very popular when it was used by President Bola Tinubu during his 2023 pre-election campaign.

Bakare, during a State of the Nation broadcast, at the church in Ikeja, Lagos, said ’emilokan’ was a tendency of authoritarianism.

During his speech themed ‘Vice, Virtue & Time: Three Things That Never Stand Still,’ the cleric said, “I’m reminded of the warning that I sounded to Nigerians in January 2023 in my address titled, ‘Bridging the gap between politics and governance.’

So This Happened (204) Reviews Hilda Baci's Record-breaking Marathon Cooking

Bakare’s comments were regarding the arrest, detention and prosecution of the suspended Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele, as well as the detention of the former boss of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Abdulrasheed Bawa, by the Department of State Services.

The DSS arrested Emefiele in June, which according to the spokesperson of the security agency, Peter Afunanya, “was on the strength of suspected fresh criminal infractions/information, one of which forms the basis for his current prosecution.”

The Federal High Court in Lagos, last Thursday, fixed August 15 to hear an application by Emefiele seeking to halt his trial by the Federal Government through the DSS.

Reacting, Bakare said, “The actions of the DSS have raised concerns about professionalism and adherence to the rule of law. The reported invasion of the premises of the EFCC and the handling of the case of Emefiele have sparked discussions regarding the need for due process and equitable application of justice.

“The handling of the Emefiele case has sent a signal to the world and the current President’s disposition to the war against corruption.”

The cleric said the war against corruption by the present administration was like making some people scapegoats by virtue of them being “political adversaries while various other major enemies of Nigeria remain untouched.”

He said Emefiele if found culpable, should be prosecuted, adding that the suspended CBN governor might have made a wrong call in the management of the monetary affairs of the country, but he should not be made a scapegoat because he could not have acted without presidential authorisation.

https://punchng.com/i-warned-against-emilokan-politics-says-tunde-bakare/
Xo what? Na u be d man for d job?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Kpangolo Revolution / Is Donald Duke Obasanjo's Chosen Successor? / N10.5m Juju For Governorship Rocks Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.