Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible (1163 Views)

Pastor Odumeje Bombshell: Says Prophets Can Overrule God (VIDEO) / Sex Addiction And How To Be Totally Free From It / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
jmoore:

Then find out first. You can't prove what you don't know.
Did you read my post?
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by jmoore(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
Workch:
Did you read my post?
In the next trillion years, something can never come out from nothing scientifically.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by mayor1814: 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
OP all this intelligence you have, dissecting and demystifying quantum physics and all is from where? So ur intelligence is not from anywhere, it comes by chance.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
jmoore:

In the next trillion years, something can never come out from nothing scientifically.
Well, that's not true. Law of casualty breaks down at the quantum realm
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
mayor1814:
OP all this intelligence you have, dissecting and demystifying quantum physics and all is from where? So ur intelligence is not from anywhere, it comes by chance.
if energy is not conserved then it means that data was created from nothing or lost to nothing.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by helinues: 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
Workch:
again, you didn't read the post. You are the dummy.
This is not Tinubu and Obi talk. You are incapable of discussing this topic

Go through the thread yourself and see how others have exposed your half knowledge about the discussion

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by mayor1814: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
Workch:
if energy is not conserved then it means that data was created from nothing or lost to nothing.

No matter how intelligent we are as humans there is always a limit to that intelligence. We can never be like God. His ways are higher than our ways so is God's intelligence, power and wisdom.

We will just keep on analysing and over analysing. He's given us all what we really need.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by omohayek: 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
Workch:
Yes, in a sense. Quantum theory predicts that a "virtual particle" pair can appear spontaneously from a vacuum state, without any input of energy or matter. But it's important to understand that these virtual particles are not "real" in the traditional sense. They don't have mass or momentum, and they only exist for a very brief time. It's not like something is literally popping into existence out of nothing - it's a more complex and subtle process that's described by the mathematics of quantum physics.
Actually, I don't think it's quite right to say they aren't "real" - they are one possible explanation advanced for the "Casimir Effect".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect

Those looking for a slightly more rigorous introduction to the topic might find these slides interesting.

https://faculty.washington.edu/seattle/physics541/%202010-reading/virtual-5.pdf

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

Go through the thread yourself and see how others have exposed your half knowledge about the discussion
lol, others.

You are mentality incapable of discussing this topic. I know what I am saying. Go back to politics section and fight some Obidients, that's your specialty

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
omohayek:

Actually, I don't think it's quite right to say they aren't "real" - they are one possible explanation advanced for the "Casimir Effect".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect

Those looking for a slightly more rigorous introduction to the topic might find these slides interesting.

https://faculty.washington.edu/seattle/physics541/%202010-reading/virtual-5.pdf
thanks, I will go through it.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
mayor1814:

No matter how intelligent we are as humans there is always a limit to that intelligence. We can never be like God. His ways are higher than our ways so is God's intelligence, power and wisdom.

We will just keep on analysing and over analysing. He's given us all what we really need.
There's no evidence that God exist. We are about to find out, that is why we are discussing this topic.

Take a chill drink and follow if you cannot think of any answer aside filling the gap with your God.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by mayor1814: 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Workch:
There's no evidence that God exist. We are about to find out, that is why we are discussing this topic.

Take a chill drink and follow if you cannot think of any answer aside filling the gap with your God.

And u think ur evidence HE doesn't exist is valid?

So d way our complex DNA come about is accidental, d different personalities n body systems of billions of ppl that are living and have lived all come by chance?

The milky way Galaxy that houses millions of stars come by chance ba? The billions of galaxies come by chance too abi?

Countless of reasons, clear reasons abound to show that Almighty God exists.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Brendaniel: 12:17am On Aug 14, 2023
Workch:
I'm an agnostic, I am seeking knowledge and I usually have debates with atheists and theists alike. Today, I want to engage theists who think that the universe cannot pop out of nothing, if you think it cannot then you need some basic lectures in quantum physics.
I'm not saying that this is definitely, but I'm saying that it's a real possibility that nothing created the universe or maybe, nothing created whatever created the universe but let's unravel the universe first.

One of the strange implications of quantum physics is that, in certain cases, it's possible for something to be created from nothing. This is called "quantum fluctuation" or "quantum tunneling". It's possible for a particle to pop into existence from the vacuum of space, without any cause or input of energy. This process is thought to be responsible for the creation of matter in the early universe, and it's one of the fundamental mysteries of quantum physics.
In the quantum realm energy is not always conserved. In fact, the conservation of energy, one of the most fundamental laws of physics, can actually be violated on the quantum scale. This is called the "uncertainty principle", and it states that certain pairs of properties of a particle, like energy and time, cannot be known simultaneously. As a result, energy can appear and disappear in the quantum realm, without any apparent cause. It's another mind-bending aspect of quantum physics.
Quantum physics is so counterintuitive that it can be difficult to wrap your head around. But remember, just because something doesn't make sense in our everyday experience doesn't mean it's not real. The universe is stranger than we can imagine, and quantum physics is teaching us that reality is far more complex than we previously thought. So don't worry if it's making your head spin - you're not alone! 😉
Quantum physics is very different from classical physics, which is the kind of physics we experience in our everyday lives. Classical physics is based on the idea that the universe is deterministic, meaning that everything is governed by fixed laws and predictable outcomes. Quantum physics, on the other hand, is based on the idea that the universe is probabilistic, meaning that there is a certain degree of randomness and uncertainty built into the laws of nature. Quantum physics challenges many of the assumptions that we make about the universe in our daily lives. Many physicists believe that quantum physics offers a potential solution to the age-old question of how the universe began. In the Big Bang theory, the universe is thought to have begun with a single, massive burst of energy and matter. But this leaves the question of where that energy and matter came from in the first place. Quantum physics offers the idea that the universe may have created itself spontaneously, without any external cause, through a process called "quantum tunneling". This is still a highly debated topic, but it's one of the most fascinating ideas in modern physics.Quantum tunneling is a truly bizarre and mind-bending phenomenon. It's the idea that a quantum particle can seemingly "tunnel" through an energy barrier that it shouldn't be able to pass through according to classical physics. This happens because quantum particles don't behave like "particles" in the traditional sense - they can act like waves, and waves can pass through barriers. So a quantum particle can appear on the other side of a barrier without ever crossing the barrier itself. It's a bit like teleportation, but on the atomic scale!

So yes, there's a world that doesn't make sense to our current understanding, we still do not know a lot about it. In this world, common basic laws like casualty and conservation of energy breaks down hence the universe creating itself is not an impossibility. We have seen something coming out of nothing in the quantum world.
Based on this, I advice everyone to wait and not jump into any definite conclusion yet. We still do not know a lot.

LordReed A001 Budatuum

There is a source for all energies....
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by KnownUnknown: 12:55am On Aug 14, 2023
grin
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Nezan(m): 5:10am On Aug 14, 2023
Workch:
this is bullshit sir. From religious people

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that deals with the behavior of matter and energy at the smallest scales, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It is a highly successful framework that has provided accurate predictions and explanations for various phenomena.

Now, it is important to note that quantum physics itself does not deny or support the existence of God or any religious beliefs. Science, including quantum physics, is concerned with understanding the natural world through empirical evidence, experimentation, and mathematical models. It aims to describe and explain phenomena based on observable facts and objective analysis.

The concept of God's existence, on the other hand, falls within the realm of theology and personal beliefs. It is a question that lies outside the purview of scientific inquiry, including quantum physics. Science does not have the tools to investigate or provide evidence in favor of or against the existence of a higher power.

It's crucial to approach these topics with an understanding of the separate domains of science and metaphysics. Many scientists, including those who study quantum physics, maintain a wide range of personal beliefs that can include the existence of God. Ultimately, the question of God's existence is a deeply philosophical and personal matter that goes beyond the scope of scientific disciplines like quantum physics.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 6:33am On Aug 14, 2023
Nezan:

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that deals with the behavior of matter and energy at the smallest scales, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It is a highly successful framework that has provided accurate predictions and explanations for various phenomena.

Now, it is important to note that quantum physics itself does not deny or support the existence of God or any religious beliefs. Science, including quantum physics, is concerned with understanding the natural world through empirical evidence, experimentation, and mathematical models. It aims to describe and explain phenomena based on observable facts and objective analysis.

The concept of God's existence, on the other hand, falls within the realm of theology and personal beliefs. It is a question that lies outside the purview of scientific inquiry, including quantum physics. Science does not have the tools to investigate or provide evidence in favor of or against the existence of a higher power.

It's crucial to approach these topics with an understanding of the separate domains of science and metaphysics. Many scientists, including those who study quantum physics, maintain a wide range of personal beliefs that can include the existence of God. Ultimately, the question of God's existence is a deeply philosophical and personal matter that goes beyond the scope of scientific disciplines like quantum physics.
Question of God is not philosophical alone. Philosophy likes unending debates and argument and is not very reliable
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 6:34am On Aug 14, 2023
mayor1814:

And u think ur evidence HE doesn't exist is valid?

So d way our complex DNA come about is accidental, d different personalities n body systems of billions of ppl that are living and have lived all come by chance?

The milky way Galaxy that houses millions of stars come by chance ba? The billions of galaxies come by chance too abi?

Countless of reasons, clear reasons abound to show that Almighty God exists.
I don't have evidence either

Again, you are jumping into conclusions. Your God is not the answer yet until evidence says so

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by mayor1814: 9:53am On Aug 14, 2023
Workch:
I don't have evidence either

Again, you are jumping into conclusions. Your God is not the answer yet until evidence says so

Lots of prophecies are found in God's word, the BIBLE and they have come to fulfilment, others are being fulfilled rite now. Do u know d various attacks against the BIBLE in ancient n modern history? Lots of powerful figures in history wanted to stop d spread of BIBLE. But the BIBLE always survives just as God stated that HIS WORDS will always be alive and it will continue to be till Gods kingdom come.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by ambimo(m): 10:20am On Aug 14, 2023
Workch:
What's the point of this?
the point of this is that something cannot be made out of nothing.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Maynman: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2023
Workch:
I'm an agnostic, I am seeking knowledge and I usually have debates with atheists and theists alike. Today, I want to engage theists who think that the universe cannot pop out of nothing, if you think it cannot then you need some basic lectures in quantum physics.
I'm not saying that this is definitely, but I'm saying that it's a real possibility that nothing created the universe or maybe, nothing created whatever created the universe but let's unravel the universe first.

One of the strange implications of quantum physics is that, in certain cases, it's possible for something to be created from nothing. This is called "quantum fluctuation" or "quantum tunneling". It's possible for a particle to pop into existence from the vacuum of space, without any cause or input of energy. This process is thought to be responsible for the creation of matter in the early universe, and it's one of the fundamental mysteries of quantum physics.
In the quantum realm energy is not always conserved. In fact, the conservation of energy, one of the most fundamental laws of physics, can actually be violated on the quantum scale. This is called the "uncertainty principle", and it states that certain pairs of properties of a particle, like energy and time, cannot be known simultaneously. As a result, energy can appear and disappear in the quantum realm, without any apparent cause. It's another mind-bending aspect of quantum physics.
Quantum physics is so counterintuitive that it can be difficult to wrap your head around. But remember, just because something doesn't make sense in our everyday experience doesn't mean it's not real. The universe is stranger than we can imagine, and quantum physics is teaching us that reality is far more complex than we previously thought. So don't worry if it's making your head spin - you're not alone! 😉
Quantum physics is very different from classical physics, which is the kind of physics we experience in our everyday lives. Classical physics is based on the idea that the universe is deterministic, meaning that everything is governed by fixed laws and predictable outcomes. Quantum physics, on the other hand, is based on the idea that the universe is probabilistic, meaning that there is a certain degree of randomness and uncertainty built into the laws of nature. Quantum physics challenges many of the assumptions that we make about the universe in our daily lives. Many physicists believe that quantum physics offers a potential solution to the age-old question of how the universe began. In the Big Bang theory, the universe is thought to have begun with a single, massive burst of energy and matter. But this leaves the question of where that energy and matter came from in the first place. Quantum physics offers the idea that the universe may have created itself spontaneously, without any external cause, through a process called "quantum tunneling". This is still a highly debated topic, but it's one of the most fascinating ideas in modern physics.Quantum tunneling is a truly bizarre and mind-bending phenomenon. It's the idea that a quantum particle can seemingly "tunnel" through an energy barrier that it shouldn't be able to pass through according to classical physics. This happens because quantum particles don't behave like "particles" in the traditional sense - they can act like waves, and waves can pass through barriers. So a quantum particle can appear on the other side of a barrier without ever crossing the barrier itself. It's a bit like teleportation, but on the atomic scale!

So yes, there's a world that doesn't make sense to our current understanding, we still do not know a lot about it. In this world, common basic laws like casualty and conservation of energy breaks down hence the universe creating itself is not an impossibility. We have seen something coming out of nothing in the quantum world.
Based on this, I advice everyone to wait and not jump into any definite conclusion yet. We still do not know a lot.

LordReed A001 Budatuum
You are just catching up.
You can’t have something without nothing, just as you can’t have solid without space, Mutually necessary for each other just as back and front, we live in a world of duality, if there is no here, there is no there.
And Nothing means No thing.
Things are made of matter.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Maynman: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2023
ambimo:
You can’t have something without nothing, just like you can’t have front without back.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by ambimo(m): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
Maynman:

You can’t have something without nothing, just like you can’t have front without back.
that’s my point. So the universe couldn’t have come out of nothing
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Maynman: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
ambimo:
that’s my point. So the universe couldn’t have come out of nothing
The universe didn’t come out of anywhere. It wasn’t created.
Universe means existence.
You can’t have existence without non existence.
The reason we have existence is because we have something called non existence.
On and off.
Front and back.
Here and there.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
ambimo:
yes, that's true in classical physics and not in quantum physics
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
mayor1814:

Lots of prophecies are found in God's word, the BIBLE and they have come to fulfilment, others are being fulfilled rite now. Do u know d various attacks against the BIBLE in ancient n modern history? Lots of powerful figures in history wanted to stop d spread of BIBLE. But the BIBLE always survives just as God stated that HIS WORDS will always be alive and it will continue to be till Gods kingdom come.
I don't know if a god exist, but I'm sure the Christian God is fake.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by mayor1814: 1:27am On Aug 15, 2023
Workch:
I don't know if a god exist, but I'm sure the Christian God is fake.

well the Bible talked about ppl trying to use philosophy, complex talks etc to lure ppl away from believing in GOD. even ur so called scientific views has a beginning. Someone great and almighty created all the universal things that science as a discipline come out from. only God our creator doesn't have a beginning.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:57am On Aug 15, 2023
Workch:

I don't know if a god exist
Now you're sincere in your talk!

Workch:
I
but I'm sure the Christian God is fake.

If you don't know what GOD should do then you can't know a fake God.
If someone told you a carpenter is coming to your house and there are things needed to be fixed in your house surely you'll be anticipating a fine renovation but do you teach the carpenter how to do his job or you show him what you need to fix and allow him do his job?
So if you don't know God's work you can't know a fake God! smiley
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2023
mayor1814:

well the Bible talked about ppl trying to use philosophy, complex talks etc to lure ppl away from believing in GOD. even ur so called scientific views has a beginning. Someone great and almighty created all the universal things that science as a discipline come out from. only God our creator doesn't have a beginning.
The Bible is bullshit
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by TenQ: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2023
Workch:

LordReed A001 Budatuum
Let us make things very simple by assuming that
1. Quantum fluctuations can make particle pop out of nothing (even if it is briefly)
2. The Law of conservation of Energy is in effect.
3. We assume that the Quantum fluctuation is fundamentally based on equal number of matter and antimatter pairs.
4. Quantum fluctuations are completely elastic (100% lossless)

Then it would be impossible to have matter in bulk self existing as there should be equal quantity of antimatter in existence in space.

Is this a logical deduction?

It will take an insanely amount of energy from outside to separate matter and antimatter far from each other to prevent a recombination. This should violate conservation of energy

Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by mayor1814: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2023
Workch:
The Bible is bullshit

and ur scientific research is what? so ur research works teach disrespect for the HOLY BOOK.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
mayor1814:

and ur scientific research is what? so ur research works teach disrespect for the HOLY BOOK.
The scientific research is why I can't chat with you now. It can't be bullshit.
Re: I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible by Workch: 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2023
TenQ:

Let us make things very simple by assuming that
1. Quantum fluctuations can make particle pop out of nothing (even if it is briefly)
2. The Law of conservation of Energy is in effect.
3. We assume that the Quantum fluctuation is fundamentally based on equal number of matter and antimatter pairs.
4. Quantum fluctuations are completely elastic (100% lossless)

Then it would be impossible to have matter in bulk self existing as there should be equal quantity of antimatter in existence in space.

It will take an insanely amount of energy from outside to separate matter and antimatter far from each other to prevent a recombination. This should violate conservation of energy

I don't want to converse with you. You are jot intellectual enough for this kina topic, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Lot Have STD But They Don't Know / Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? / The Principle Of Ten Percent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.