Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) (26843 Views)

See My Yummy Homemade Suya, Good For Evening Relaxation (pix And Video) / My Yummy Beans And Plantain Recipe (frying Method).. Guys Come In And Learn / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Entanglement: 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
maureensylvia:
Hi guys
Happy Sunday☺️

Here is my OFE AKWU/Banga stew/palm fruit stew

Recipe and method of preparation is shown below

Ofeakwu is synonymous to Igbo people and it’s eaten with rice. You can also add beans or plantain

Growing up, I preferred Ofeakwu to tomato stew

So this is my style of cooking Ofeakwu
Note: NO TOMATOES! I frown at it in my Ofeakwu 🧐

Pics 1: my already cooked palm fruit, ready to pound

Pics2: Ehuru (my ofeakwu is not complete without this)

Pics3: Okpei…It gives my ofeakwu a nice taste and aroma

Pics4: Efu/Ehu, it looks like ehuru but it’s different and has its unique taste in ofeakwu

Cc: Nlfmod
why will you boil fish, meat and intestines at the same time undecided
Which kind useless combination you just do?

3 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by ukaface(f): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
One day I go try take am

I don’t like it cos one time I had to take it I was ill( as a little girl) and it was giving me this sickening taste and smell, since then I no gree take ofe Akwu again.

2 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Abufo: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
DevilishMan:
Dis OP go sweet to Bleep o
See Little Mermaid hairdo! shocked

not with your bulbous yoruba mouth! I think not!

2 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by EmmyNorse(m): 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2023
the ofe akwu dey yummy 😋 sha, but the cooker dey more tasty 😋
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by kinzation(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
maureensylvia:
Hi guys
Happy Sunday☺️

Ofeakwu is synonymous to Igbo people and it’s eaten with rice. You can also add beans or plantain

Pics4: Efu/Ehu, it looks like ehuru but it’s different and has its unique taste in ofeakwu

I love Banga Soup

Can I be BANGing you
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Starboytwo(m): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
Chai, I chop bastard for ofeakwu for nwayi 9 restaurant for abakaliki..

Who dey ask for tomato stew, mbanu.
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by zeusdgrt(m): 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
maureensylvia:

Hahahaha it's not soup o
It's stew lol
We eat with rice not starch
I don eat am na was in enugu for close to three yrs grin
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Milestone1468: 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Please dear I will love you to teach me this and foods biko. Am very serious. Please. Follow at insta pro_touch_epoxy_world. Thanks
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by kingsceemark(m): 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
DevilishMan:
Dis OP go sweet to Bleep o
See Little Mermaid hairdo! shocked

тнє σиℓу тнιиg тнαт ¢σмєѕ тσ тнє уσяυвα мαи'ѕ мιи∂, gєт α ℓιfє
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by ahnie: 12:05am On Aug 14, 2023
Banga soup....na only starch dey miss.
It goes well with either fresh catfish or smoked catfish.

2 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Geo4646: 12:39am On Aug 14, 2023
Make I come chop nah..
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by PaulH07: 12:53am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:
Recipe continues

Pics 1: scent leaf/Nchonwu/Nchuanwu anyone you call it cheesy it’s not that fresh as I want but it’s still manageable as someone that’s in North

Pics 2: introducing salt into my pot😇 I have already added my seasoning cube, onions, pepper. Set to steam

Pics 3: I have already pounded and sieved my palm fruit with hot water, here’s the juice. I’ll allow it to boil for awhile before adding other ingredients. (I’m using a separate pot for this)

Pics 4: it’s boiling already, I added my meat stock and the ingredients I listed. I blended my dry fish also.

( safety note: the gas was turned off each time I want to snap

You dey try oh, staying in Kano.

I for like wife you wink
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 1:09am On Aug 14, 2023
ahnie:
Banga soup....na only starch dey miss.

Nop this one is different from delta banga soup
This is Igbo style eaten with rice not starch

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by ahnie: 1:13am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:

Nop this one is different from delta banga soup
This is Igbo style eaten with rice not starch
I know,but to me it's still banga soup. cheesy cheesy

Maureen there's this lady that sells rice n ofeakwu at my new street junction,nne rapu o kwu o,this lady is zaa professional and she's from abakaliki

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Prayfortheworld: 1:25am On Aug 14, 2023
AmadeGTG:
Dear Men/Women

Do you have a hairline that is backsliding like Michael Jackson 🕺 ?. Do you put on cap to cover your receding hairline. ?
Are you below 43 and already developing bald hair ? If this is you let me help you today. I have a hair solution that works, made out of veg, fruits, spirit and oils. I can show you how it’s been prepared and you will make it YOURSELF at home. I charge 1200naira for my recipe and it works like magic. See my WhatsApp number on bio. SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE
You don't sell the product?
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Luckysbab: 1:31am On Aug 14, 2023
Look at the useless comments from little boys all over the thread.

They don’t think beyond sexual relations and they still won’t read or they are too full to comprehend.

Even when OP referenced her “kids”, these idiots still kept disgracing their family name.

Disgusting!

3 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by lordchiz(m): 1:58am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:
I already added my scent leaf

Some say ofeakwu is stressful and long protocol, I don’t think think it is.

What do you think?

While my stew was boiling, I was playing “baby calm down” by Rema grin grin grin

Pics 1: my ofeakwu is ready 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
TBH this is just for presentation cos I’m going to eat times 5 of that rice😅

Pics 2: A closer look of my stew, if you don’t like much oil you can scoop out some cool

Pics 3: My humble self🥰

Share your question(s) if you have any
Happy Sunday once again😇😊😊

Bia rie Nri
Zo ka ci abinci
Wá jẹun
😊

God sef know say I don see wife already....swthrt can I dm you through your number?
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by callmevirus(m): 2:30am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR come and see your mate
I know that you can't cook that's why you're always on nairaland from morning till night
Mon-Sun. jobless girl

Jennyclay you see your mate too

4 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by WillEndInPraise: 4:01am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:
Hi guys
Happy Sunday☺️

Are you single?

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by AmadeGTG: 5:39am On Aug 14, 2023
Prayfortheworld:

You don't sell the product?

No, I will give you the recipe then you can make it fresh at home.

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Nayturalistic: 6:11am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:

What do you think?

While my stew was boiling, I was playing “baby calm down” by Rema grin grin grin

Pics 2: A closer look of my stew, if you don’t like much oil you can scoop out some cool

Bia rie Nri
Zo ka ci abinci
Wá jẹun
😊

I go like nack you

2 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2023
The year I served in Awka, I ate it non stop as lunch for 6 months.....

Would prepare this soonest...

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Vinnie2000(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2023
Omanambala:
Its called Ofeakwu which is an Anambra dish. We don't call it Banga soup because that what Uhrobo people who eat it with swallow calls it.

You people always have a way of renaming people's dishes....like white soup for nsala.

I grew up eating Ofeakwu, Ofe ora , Nsala ,Onugbu , Ofe ogbono na nni oka (Onicha people specialty) etc. Anambra has the best dishes in Nigeria if you add Nkwobi and Isiewu, Ji awii, Abacha. We grow very tall for a reason

It's you Guys that are WRONG. undecided

Why call it Banga Stew?

By Stew, it implies you are adding Tomatoes, Fresh Pepper and some Groundnut oil. 😒

Banga Soup is the Right name. 🙂

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Vinnie2000(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2023
callmevirus:
IconicR come and see your mate
I know that you can't cook that's why you're always on nairaland from morrning till night
Mon-Sun. jobless girl

Jennyclay you see your mate too

Bro, U mean Iyaebe?

She is Busy Always. 🙂

Always Busy on Nairaland, searching for Peter Obi threads to Spill TRASH. 😏😕 sad

2 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by OBTOREPA(m): 6:52am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:

What do you think?

Bia rie Nri
Zo ka ci abinci
Wá jẹun
😊

Slay queen plus culinary skills, you are good to go

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Vinnie2000(m): 6:57am On Aug 14, 2023
ahnie:
Banga soup...na only starch dey miss.

OP say na Banga Stew. That the name is not Banga Soup. undecided

She dey Follow us dey Drag the Name. 😒

How can Igbo person follow us Argue Banga Issues?

How many Palm Trees are in Igboland?🙁

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by larrypappyy(m): 7:10am On Aug 14, 2023
You've shown you can cook and have a fine face... Very good marketing strategy ( now the marriageable boys know your qualities)
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by BoboNogoDie: 7:13am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:

What do you think?

Bia rie Nri
Zo ka ci abinci
Wá jẹun
😊

See advertisement na grin cheesy cheesy
U com add your photo
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by macho44(m): 7:16am On Aug 14, 2023
Puss360:
Wow... I love this.... Talented321 when are you coming over let me cook this for you.... grin grin
No use ABUNNA water take cook for am ooo😁
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Alusiizizi(m): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:
Hi guys
Happy Sunday☺️

Who puts onions in ofeakwu?
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by LongT(m): 7:53am On Aug 14, 2023
Beautiful girl that can cook is a recipe... grin
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Maobichek: 7:55am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:
Recipe continues…
Pics 1: my onions and yellow pepper
I so so love yellow pepper in my ofeakwu. Aside the fact the aroma is outta world, it gives my stew a yummy taste grin

I would have added more if not for my kids angry I love my pepper so much lol

Pics 2: crayfish and already blended ehuru and efu

Pics 3: my seasoning cubes…knoor cube anytime grin

Pics 4: My proteins cool

Good morning, i saw the pictures attached to the thread and i must commend you but also point out something: cooking meat and ice/fresh fish together at the same time is not how it's done.

Meat must be the first and should be boiling for like 10/20 minutes before you put the fish. This is the best way it's done or else your fish will not be seen when you are done cooking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Funniest/Most Terrible Combination Of Foods You Have Ever Taken? / Dirty Abattoirs In The South East / Is It Wrong To Drink Garri On Xmas Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.