Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) (26845 Views)

See My Yummy Homemade Suya, Good For Evening Relaxation (pix And Video) / My Yummy Beans And Plantain Recipe (frying Method).. Guys Come In And Learn / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2023
Maobichek:

Good morning, i saw the pictures attached to the thread and i must commend you but also point out something: cooking meat and ice/fresh fish together at the same time is not how it's done.

Meat must be the first and should be boiling for like 10/20 minutes before you put the fish. This is the best way it's done or else your fish will not be seen when you are done cooking.

Amazing morning from here
You're right
That's why I removed the fish few mins later cos I don't want the fish to scatter

Thanks for the wonderful review

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 8:26am On Aug 14, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Who puts onions in ofeakwu?

Who taught you how to cook ofeakwu
Tell me you're joking πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 8:26am On Aug 14, 2023
WillEndInPraise:

Are you single?

No sir
Married with three cuties
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2023
ahnie:

I know,but to me it's still banga soup. cheesy cheesy

Maureen there's this lady that sells rice n ofeakwu at my new street junction,nne rapu o kwu o,this lady is zaa professional and she's from abakaliki

Awwww nice one
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by callmevirus(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Bro, U mean Iyaebe?

She is Busy Always. πŸ™‚

Always Busy on Nairaland, searching for Peter Obi threads to Spill TRASH. πŸ˜πŸ˜• sad

Yes she's the IconicR too
Jobless human being

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Puss360(f): 8:56am On Aug 14, 2023
macho44:

No use ABUNNA water take cook for am ooo😁
Lol... Dirty mind .. abi dem don use am cook for you grin

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by sirwilson(m): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2023
You must be wonderful cook
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by McStoic(m): 9:01am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:
Recipe continues…
Pics 1: my onions and yellow pepper
I so so love yellow pepper in my ofeakwu. Aside the fact the aroma is outta world, it gives my stew a yummy taste grin

I would have added more if not for my kids angry I love my pepper so much lol

Pics 2: crayfish and already blended ehuru and efu

Pics 3: my seasoning cubes…knoor cube anytime grin

Pics 4: My proteins cool

You are cooking fish and beef the same time? Won't the fish get overdone?
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Elfrankco(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2023
[quote author=maureensylvia post=125085195]Hi guys
Happy Sunday☺️

Here is my OFE AKWU/Banga stew/palm fruit stew

Recipe and method of preparation is shown below

Ofeakwu is synonymous to Igbo people and it’s eaten with rice. You can also add beans or plantain

Growing up, I preferred Ofeakwu to tomato stew

So this is my style of cooking Ofeakwu
Note: NO TOMATOES! I frown at it in my Ofeakwu 🧐

Pics 1: my already cooked palm fruit, ready to pound

Pics2: Ehuru (my ofeakwu is not complete without this)

Pics3: Okpei…It gives my ofeakwu a nice taste and aroma

Pics4: Efu/Ehu, it looks like ehuru but it’s different and has its unique taste in ofeakwu

Cc: Nlfmod
[I want to get lost in your home πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹]

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Authur729(m): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2023
Good one
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Franky9584(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2023
I no believe say na u cook that cos the hand wey I see for the pics is not the same with the pics am seeing

I come in peace ✌️
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by WillEndInPraise: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:

No sir
Married with three cuties
Alright remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by onlyboyson(m): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2023
You don spoil am with that ice fish

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Maobichek: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:

You're right
That's why I removed the fish few mins later cos I don't want the fish to scatter

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2023
McStoic:

You are cooking fish and beef the same time? Won't the fish get overdone?

Nope I removed earlier

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Dbestbrest: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2023
Nwamnee, you are super with this dish. Keep it up. You know the best way to the heart of a good man, which is good food

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 11:16am On Aug 14, 2023
Franky9584:
I no believe say na u cook that cos the hand wey I see for the pics is not the same with the pics am seeing

I come in peace ✌️

Lol it's me o
I don't allow anyone to cook for me

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2023
onlyboyson:
You don spoil am with that ice fish

I can't eat without ice fish 😩😩😩😩
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Alusiizizi(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:

Who taught you how to cook ofeakwu
Tell me you're joking πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Onions has no place in ofeakwu, apologies.
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by onlyboyson(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
maureensylvia:

I ca guy ton't eat without ice fish 😩😩😩😩

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Habit pro max
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by winner37(m): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
Pls your location, I will love to taste this it's looks yummy πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by maureensylvia(f): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
Alusiizizi:

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by macho44(m): 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Puss360:

Lol... Dirty mind .. abi dem don use am cook for you grin
😁😁😁.
I no dey let Erinma cook for me. Truth is, I never see Erinma wey cook reach me.
I don cook sote, I carry AWARD. The Most Eligible Bachelor Wey SABI CookπŸ†
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Puss360(f): 12:57am On Aug 15, 2023
macho44:

😁😁😁.
I no dey let Erinma cook for me. Truth is, I never see Erinma wey cook reach me.
I don cook sote, I carry AWARD. The Most Eligible Bachelor Wey SABI CookπŸ†
Oshey..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by macho44(m): 5:10am On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Oshey..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
grin
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by descarado: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Then uts not ofe akwu.

Onions and crayfish is a must. A big must.
Other ingredients can be substituted eg, okpei for ogiri or iru.

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Franky9584(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
maureensylvia:

Lol it's me o
I don't allow anyone to cook for me

Odimma!
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Prayfortheworld: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
AmadeGTG:

No, I will give you the recipe then you can make it fresh at home.
Are you sure is going to work?
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Moneyyman: 5:49am On Aug 17, 2023
Nigerian men are never beating the allegations! A very innocent post, and una don dey sexualize the MARRIED WOMAN!

Haba!
Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Probz(m): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2023
Omanambala:
Its called Ofeakwu which is an Anambra dish. We don't call it Banga soup because that what Uhrobo people who eat it with swallow calls it.

You people always have a way of renaming people's dishes....like white soup for nsala.

I grew up eating Ofeakwu, Ofe ora , Nsala ,Onugbu , Ofe ogbono na nni oka (Onicha people specialty) etc. Anambra has the best dishes in Nigeria if you add Nkwobi and Isiewu, Ji awii, Abacha. We grow very tall for a reason

Wasn’t isi ewu invented in Abia State? And is there really any difference between Anambra vs. other-Igbo ngwo-ngwo other than the fact that Anambrarians are more likely to add ogiri?

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by Probz(m): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
maureensylvia:
Hi guys
Happy Sunday☺️

Here is my OFE AKWU/Banga stew/palm fruit stew

Recipe and method of preparation is shown below

Ofeakwu is synonymous to Igbo people and it’s eaten with rice. You can also add beans or plantain

Growing up, I preferred Ofeakwu to tomato stew

So this is my style of cooking Ofeakwu
Note: NO TOMATOES! I frown at it in my Ofeakwu 🧐

Pics 1: my already cooked palm fruit, ready to pound

Pics2: Ehuru (my ofeakwu is not complete without this)

Pics3: Okpei…It gives my ofeakwu a nice taste and aroma

Pics4: Efu/Ehu, it looks like ehuru but it’s different and has its unique taste in ofeakwu

Cc: Nlfmod

Listen, this is awesome, love. Well done.

1 Like

Re: My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) by tonididdy(m): 2:05am On Oct 02, 2023
maureensylvia:

You're right

Hola
Can't access my NL mail.
Wsup?
Send me a direct mail instead diddylala247 @ gmail. com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Funniest/Most Terrible Combination Of Foods You Have Ever Taken? / Dirty Abattoirs In The South East / Is It Wrong To Drink Garri On Xmas Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.