Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House (20701 Views)

Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped / Ways To Avoid Being Scammed As A Real Estate Investor / Petrol Kept In A House Burns In Oworonshoki, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House by AmbassadorTemmy(m): 10:04am On Aug 17, 2023
Contact Gtext Homes, Gtext Lands and thank me later.
Brainbox0806:
Good day to you all, I'm on the verge of buying a house for a close family, I bare the responsibility of making payment and verifying that the property is genuine because I'm the one that introduced him to the agent.

I'm trying to be careful because of some clauses that involves the originality of the seller. Mr. A built the house from the ground, lived in it for like seven months then relocated abroad, he appointed a representative ( I think his brother) to sell the property, Mr. B ( also from abroad ) contacted a company to buy the property on his behalf, the property was inspected buy consultant C ( A company ), payment was made and the house was taken over by consultant C but Mr B never occupied the said house since Inception of the purchase, after 15 months of procurement Mr B decided to sell the property through same consultant C.

The neighbour can't ascertain the relationship between Mr A and consultant C , but Mr A has been informed by a neighbour about the presence of consultant C in the house and he confirmed that the house has been sold off . Consultant C do visit the house periodically but the house remains under lock.

The problem now is that consultant C want me to pay directly to him, refusing to give me Mr B. phone number for verification, sighting that the consent letter given to him by Mr B is enough proof. I suspect he's hiding the real price from the owner but I don't want to go ahead without verifying the identity of Mr B ( the current seller). The intending buyer is so in love with the house and cant wait to make payment but I'm hellbent of hearing from Mr B

Kindly advise.

Re: How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House by phemmyfour: 10:29am On Aug 17, 2023
Brainbox0806:
Good day to you all, I'm on the verge of buying a house for a close family, I bare the responsibility of making payment and verifying that the property is genuine because I'm the one that introduced him to the agent.

I'm trying to be careful because of some clauses that involves the originality of the seller. Mr. A built the house from the ground, lived in it for like seven months then relocated abroad, he appointed a representative ( I think his brother) to sell the property, Mr. B ( also from abroad ) contacted a company to buy the property on his behalf, the property was inspected buy consultant C ( A company ), payment was made and the house was taken over by consultant C but Mr B never occupied the said house since Inception of the purchase, after 15 months of procurement Mr B decided to sell the property through same consultant C.

The neighbour can't ascertain the relationship between Mr A and consultant C , but Mr A has been informed by a neighbour about the presence of consultant C in the house and he confirmed that the house has been sold off . Consultant C do visit the house periodically but the house remains under lock.

The problem now is that consultant C want me to pay directly to him, refusing to give me Mr B. phone number for verification, sighting that the consent letter given to him by Mr B is enough proof. I suspect he's hiding the real price from the owner but I don't want to go ahead without verifying the identity of Mr B ( the current seller). The intending buyer is so in love with the house and cant wait to make payment but I'm hellbent of hearing from Mr B

Kindly advise.

Look for another property to buy. This is a complex situation
Re: How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House by Obierika(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
onlyboyson:
Get a nice lawyer with a good chamber history

Not charge and bail lawyer that drive 504 pegeut

grin
Re: How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House by Obierika(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
Brainbox0806:

Kindly advise.

Once the story becomes complicated it's best to just back out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? / ANOTHER REASON TO INVEST IN IBEJU LEKKI / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.