Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... (13404 Views)

My Sister Just Bagged Her Ph.d From OAU Am So Happy (pictures). / Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA / Check Out My NECO Result,i Am So Happy. .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Cooolme: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2023
My final exams were just released, and I just confirmed my CGPA, you may be thinking why I am excited over it even though it's not first class but let me explain briefly.

Starting school at a young age, I had a tough time taking my studies seriously. I didn't pay much attention to my notes. This carried on into secondary school, where my grades were just average. I managed to score 188 in JAMB, 230 in my POST UTME, got 1b, and C's in my NECO, which I used to process my admission cos my school WAEC was withheld, and I didn't bother to retake it.

I was only 15 when I started university, a friend's candid portrayal of university life had prepared me for what lay ahead, or so I thought.

My first challenge was my roommate, a very unserious fellow. His mockery of my attempts to establish disciplined study habits took its toll on me, leading to a particularly trying semester during which I had 3 carry-overs, my worst ever.

Before the next semester began, I talked to my family about changing my lodge. They advised me to stay where I was until my second year, but deep down, I knew it wasn't right for me. So, I had to hustle up cash and with the help of my beloved aunt (RIP Ma'am) I was able to rent my own space, the best and most expensive lodge around school as at that time…

This time I will be staying alone till further notice, the GP hustle began. I would read and read, only me, as I never liked group reading or night class stuff. I began to excel academically, was a thing of joy, the last time I felt that brilliant was during my Junior secondary school days.

While I was improving my grades, I also needed to earn money. My family's support decreased because my dad was sick. So, I had to balance between learning skills for financial independence and keeping up with my studies. It wasn't easy, and I missed classes sometimes, but I kept trying. Eventually, things got better, and I was even able to buy a car last year.

But life threw a big challenge at me during the first semester of my final year, my dad passed away. I had to handle a lot of responsibilities as the first son, and to make things tougher, my uncles scheduled the burial a few days before my exams. I was sick during the exams, but I pushed through and did my best.

And now, the results are out, and I did really well. I've overcome this phase of my life, and I'm so grateful. It's not just about the grades; it's about the journey of going from struggling to succeeding. Thank God for guiding me through it all.

BSc Computer science in the bag, GOD DID!

227 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Sirmwill: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2023
Nice
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by spice123(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2023
@Op, congratulations!!! The real world 🌍 has begun. All you need now is to concentrate on your area of strength as IT is vast. Once again, congratulations.

34 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Boyeejay: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2023
This is very inspiring, Congratulations OP.
Sorry about your loss BTW

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Karlifate: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2023
Congratulations on your achievement, Cooolme. wink

My condolences. cry

Anyways, in life, you have to use your instrument in the best direction you can.

5 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Les: 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
Why struggle to have a 4.4gp and still come out with second-class upper as someone else with a 3.5gp. When the person didn't struggle but made sure his gp wasn't below 3.5

8 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Bintabisiriyu2: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
OP what exactly do you do to make money, cut me some fish.

15 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Tunde835(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
Bro if you want to work in tech directing that effort to your actual programming skills would help you go a farther way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by yusman14(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
Les:
Why struggle to have a 4.4gp and still come out with second-class upper as someone else with a 3.5gp. When the person didn't struggle but made sure his gp wasn't below 3.5
CGPA actually matters in terms of scholarships and some other opportunities.

81 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Chimaobi302(m): 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
cool A very big congratulations 👏 brother, my own testimony is on its way 🙂
May God bless all your efforts and grant you your innermost desires speedily in Jesus name ...Amen "

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Cooolme: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
Les:

My target was actually first class, unfortunately I had some setbacks in the form of Carry-overs. So, you see?

1 Like

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Cooolme: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
Tunde835:
Bro if you want to work in tech directing that effort to your actual programming skills would help you go a farther way

I'm a front-end developer sha, upskilling to full stack before year-end.

6 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by UnfairLife7(m): 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
Congratulations bro. I also graduated with 4.18CGPA but nothing to show for it yet.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by lecoeur(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Cooolme:
My final exams were just released, and I just confirmed my CGPA, you may be thinking why I am excited over it even though it's not first class but let me explain briefly.
Starting school at a young age, I had a tough time taking my studies seriously. I didn't pay much attention to my notes. This carried on into secondary school, where my grades were just average. I managed to score 188 in JAMB, 230 in my POST UTME, got 1b, and C's in my NECO, which I used to process my admission cos my school WAEC was withheld, and I didn't bother to retake it.
I was only 15 when I started university, a friend's candid portrayal of university life had prepared me for what lay ahead, or so I thought.
My first challenge was my roommate, a very unserious fellow. His mockery of my attempts to establish disciplined study habits took its toll on me, leading to a particularly trying semester during which I had 3 carry-overs, my worst ever.
Before the next semester began, I talked to my family about changing my lodge. They advised me to stay where I was until my second year, but deep down, I knew it wasn't right for me. So, I had to hustle up cash and with the help of my beloved aunt (RIP Ma'am) I was able to rent my own space, the best and most expensive lodge around school as at that time…
This time I will be staying alone till further notice, the GP hustle began. I would read and read, only me, as I never liked group reading or night class stuff. I began to excel academically, was a thing of joy, the last time I felt that brilliant was during my Junior secondary school days.
While I was improving my grades, I also needed to earn money. My family's support decreased because my dad was sick. So, I had to balance between learning skills for financial independence and keeping up with my studies. It wasn't easy, and I missed classes sometimes, but I kept trying. Eventually, things got better, and I was even able to buy a car last year.
But life threw a big challenge at me during the first semester of my final year, my dad passed away. I had to handle a lot of responsibilities as the first son, and to make things tougher, my uncles scheduled the burial a few days before my exams. I was sick during the exams, but I pushed through and did my best.
And now, the results are out, and I did really well. I've overcome this phase of my life, and I'm so grateful. It's not just about the grades; it's about the journey of going from struggling to succeeding. Thank God for guiding me through it all.
Congrats OP, wish you the very best as you forge ahead.

2 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by SuperOnyi: 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
shocked

Congratulations man, I'm so happy you kept pushing...

I was 16 when I finished high school but since my family was poor, I couldn't further but was pushed into nwaboi apprenticeship. Jeezzzz, I regret every moment in that place — all aspects of my life degraded!

I'm currently trying to start earning online by being an author and will certainly get back to school. I want to make sure every breathe I take is the right one because when I die, I wanna make sure I lived for a reason.

Happy for you man, wish you good and always keep it real. You only live once!

25 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by zoeymikey(f): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
Cooolme:
congratulations
Awwwwwwwwww
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by EbenG(m): 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
Big congrats 🎉
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by sacajawea: 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
Okay. So what computer Skill or skills do you have?

Cooolme:
My final exams were just released, and I just confirmed my CGPA, Thank God for guiding me through it all.
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by TONYE001(m): 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
Congratulations, sir! This is great!

Wishing you better outcomes as you forge on in life.

I celebrate you!
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by exynos(m): 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
Massive congratulations.
My success story is imminent.
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by poshestmina(f): 2:45am On Aug 15, 2023
Congratulations to you.
I pray the Labour market favours you.Greater heights!
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by GideonG(m): 3:15am On Aug 15, 2023
I skipped your post from the mentioned of RIP mum, may her soul Rest In Peace.
I can relate because I was overly elated when I made a CGPA of 4.42 in first semester, though I couldn’t maintain but I still graduated with 2:1 in computer science from the hardest school in Nigeria ATBU

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by werisetogether(m): 3:57am On Aug 15, 2023
@Cooolme

Congratulations

From your post, you've already built up valuable management skills

Keep using them to grow in your career path

Your future is bright

Congrats again and GOD bless

2 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Blissbath(f): 7:01am On Aug 15, 2023
Cooolme:

My target was actually first class, unfortunately I had some setbacks in the form of Carry-overs. So, you see?
Congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Jedalord: 7:33am On Aug 15, 2023
Cooolme:

Congratulations Chief!
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by christejames(m): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2023
Congratulations bro kiss

For a successful career life after school, never associate with anything APC. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Sonnobax15(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2023
lipsrsealed
Kudos op.

Now,labour market don welcome you..... Everyone around you will place so much expectations on you........

Life isn't easy out there...You can ask around......But one thing is certain, nothing is as sweet as being a legit Hustler...

I wish you the very best in all your future endeavors.

2 Likes

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by MykellOni(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
Congrats man!
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by fredodo007(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2023
Congratulations to you. Heads up
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by topyhanky(m): 11:58am On Aug 15, 2023
Get the best education for your children in Ultimate Landmark Schools. Enroll today

1 Share

Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by RawSex(m): 11:58am On Aug 15, 2023
wink
Re: I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... by Kobranet: 11:58am On Aug 15, 2023
Les:

🤣🤣
I always think about that too but i guess it's just
Probably to be on the safe side

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Attend A Private School / Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates / Police Academy Test Admission Scandal: Governors, Senators Scheme Out Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.