Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. (2173 Views)

Gov. Nwifuru Buys SUVs For All Doctors In Ebonyi General Hospitals (Photos) / Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion / Deji Adeyanju Duped Of N9.5 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by SemperFid: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
Akpabio orders four Lexus SUVs for N1 billion, Abbas corners N9.5 billion contracts as NASS principals loot N500 billion palliative for poor Nigerians.

Crisis is brewing at the National Assembly, where legislators are outraged that principal lawmakers like Senate President Godswill Akpabio and Speaker Tajudeen Abbas are looting at breakneck speed the N500 billion palliative funds earmarked to cushion the harsh impact of fuel subsidy removal on poor Nigerians, sources with knowledge of the matter told Peoples Gazette.

The aggrieved lawmakers had furnished The Gazette with the documents on Saturday.

A preview of the N500 billion subsidy palliative expenditure seen by The Gazette over the weekend showed that Mr Akpabio ordered four Lexus L600 VIP 2023 models worth N1 billion to upgrade his personal garage, while Mr Abbas plans to spend N9.5 billion renovating the Zazzau guest house and other villages in Kaduna.

Mr Abbas budgeted a whopping N500 million for the “construction of block of three classrooms with furniture and toilets” in 12 wards and N200 million for the “reconstruction and refurbishment of Zazzau Emirate guesthouse” in Kaduna.

Deputy Senate President Barau Jibrin, emboldened by Mr Akpabio’s order for the latest Lexus vehicles, allocated nearly N4 billion for the installation of solar streetlights in certain local governments in Kano, a project deemed inconsequential for a state known as Nigeria’s poverty capital because there are over 10 million poor people there.

How the streetlights and guesthouse remodelling will improve the quality of life of the millions of underprivileged Nigerians in those states remains to be seen, particularly because President Bola Tinubu said the N500 billion taken from the supplementary budget was for the purpose of relieving the economic hardship caused by the subsidy elimination.

But the key lawmakers, sworn in only two months ago, have begun cornering billions of naira through frivolous projects that may undermine Mr Tinubu’s efforts to better the lives of poor masses and make them despise his administration.

Lower-ranking legislators, incensed by the palliative budget, have questioned the wisdom of allocating such humongous sums on non-priority expenses and expressed fears that the N500 billion palliative might not serve the intended purpose if it was already getting looted from the top.

If the national parliament succeeds in embezzling the palliative without the public feeling its impact, the angry and impoverished masses may rebel against Mr Tinubu.

Messrs Akpabio, Abbas, and Jibrin did not respond to inquiries seeking comments on the matter.

SOURCE:
https://gazettengr.com/akpabio-orders-four-lexus-suvs-for-n1-billion-abbas-corners-n9-5-billion-contracts-as-nass-principals-loot-n500-billion-palliative-for-poor-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by k777(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
The National Assembly is den of thieves. Senator's earning 15 to 20m monthly and poor masses ain't earning 50k a month. I really want to know who designed that satanic pay scale.

12 Likes

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by SemperFid: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
For every choice, there are consequences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Osariemen12: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
Legislooters everywhere.

However, they deserve it for voting against going to war in Niger.
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Democracy my ass.
A so called NDDC chairman who was under EFCC investigation for siphoning the Niger Delta developmental funds was selected senate President by Tinubu.Both of them have something in common

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Chinjo2: 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
Akpabio is the greatest thief of all times. He is worst than the king of thieves in Aladin.
Remember forensic audit. Honourably minister off the mic

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by obiekunie01: 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
My own be say ba?

WHY THIS MONEY NO DEY TIRE THIS PEOPLE??

could it be say they have discovered a way to carry this money go hell when they die??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Tochi3(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
It will favour me & my family....if not, go back to your village

Meanwhile.. for emilokans only..

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Smitaro100(m): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
Fresh government with so many dirty matters arising..

first class citizens indeed. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
Very good.
Renewed shege banza

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Psychokinetic: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
SemperFid:
Akpabio orders four Lexus SUVs for N1 billion, Abbas corners N9.5 billion contracts as NASS principals loot N500 billion palliative for poor Nigerians.

Crisis is brewing at the National Assembly, where legislators are outraged that principal lawmakers like Senate President Godswill Akpabio and Speaker Tajudeen Abbas are looting at breakneck speed the N500 billion palliative funds earmarked to cushion the harsh impact of fuel subsidy removal on poor Nigerians, sources with knowledge of the matter told Peoples Gazette.

The aggrieved lawmakers had furnished The Gazette with the documents on Saturday.

A preview of the N500 billion subsidy palliative expenditure seen by The Gazette over the weekend showed that Mr Akpabio ordered four Lexus L600 VIP 2023 models worth N1 billion to upgrade his personal garage, while Mr Abbas plans to spend N9.5 billion renovating the Zazzau guest house and other villages in Kaduna.

Mr Abbas budgeted a whopping N500 million for the “construction of block of three classrooms with furniture and toilets” in 12 wards and N200 million for the “reconstruction and refurbishment of Zazzau Emirate guesthouse” in Kaduna.

Deputy Senate President Barau Jibrin, emboldened by Mr Akpabio’s order for the latest Lexus vehicles, allocated nearly N4 billion for the installation of solar streetlights in certain local governments in Kano, a project deemed inconsequential for a state known as Nigeria’s poverty capital because there are over 10 million poor people there.

How the streetlights and guesthouse remodelling will improve the quality of life of the millions of underprivileged Nigerians in those states remains to be seen, particularly because President Bola Tinubu said the N500 billion taken from the supplementary budget was for the purpose of relieving the economic hardship caused by the subsidy elimination.

But the key lawmakers, sworn in only two months ago, have begun cornering billions of naira through frivolous projects that may undermine Mr Tinubu’s efforts to better the lives of poor masses and make them despise his administration.

Lower-ranking legislators, incensed by the palliative budget, have questioned the wisdom of allocating such humongous sums on non-priority expenses and expressed fears that the N500 billion palliative might not serve the intended purpose if it was already getting looted from the top.

If the national parliament succeeds in embezzling the palliative without the public feeling its impact, the angry and impoverished masses may rebel against Mr Tinubu.

Messrs Akpabio, Abbas, and Jibrin did not respond to inquiries seeking comments on the matter.

SOURCE:
https://gazettengr.com/akpabio-orders-four-lexus-suvs-for-n1-billion-abbas-corners-n9-5-billion-contracts-as-nass-principals-loot-n500-billion-palliative-for-poor-nigerians/
I must join this politics under APC party of 40 thieves this year!
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by christejames(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
When an illegitimate president is on the position of authority, the thieves rejoice! undecided undecided

Comrades in action, Agboros in agbada!

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Creamypie(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
I miss obj government
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by SenatePresdo(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
The funny thing is that, all the people that supports these oppressors just for mere bragging rights will still be amongst the masses that will suffer the effect of this ruthlessness.

The Masses should sacrifice, while Tinubu and his cohorts loots with reckless abandon?

You that supports these thieves without gaining 10kobo, you are the most foolish person on Earth.

I see Revolution in this country, Tinubu has failed humanity.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by SenatePresdo(m): 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
But why are Yoruba people supporting thieves, na so them dey do for South-west?

Only God knows i can never marry a Yoruba woman, I don't want my kids to have suffering and rejoicing mindset, may God forbid it!

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by 007kjb: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
SenatePresdo:
The funny thing is that, all the people that supports these oppressors just for mere bragging rights will still be amongst the masses that will suffer the effect of this ruthlessness.

The Masses should sacrifice, while Tinubu and his cohorts loots with reckless abandon?

You that supports these thieves without gaining 10kobo, you are the most foolish person on Earth.

I see Revolution in this country, Tinubu has failed humanity.

I was disappointed when I saw some people praising looters like akpabio CHAI NIGERIA UHURU IS NOT YET ON SIGHT

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by ruggedtimi(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lol this country is dead ...wetin these men dey use all this money do So sad!! Subsidy removal na to get more money for themselves deny the oil magnates the money. Na we the masses Dem dey use play. $ is hitting 1k will definitely hit 1500....so bad. We need to fight corruption. Have a system that will deal with any public officer playing with public funds. All this money going round will make Nigeria a better place

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by whippersnapper(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
everyone is patiently waiting for his turn to do worse. No aspersions cast
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Rich4god(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
They told us no money for subsidy, they told us no money to peg the naira against the dollar. But there is always money for their expensive lifestyle.

What does a senator need extra vehicles for. Can't they buy vehicles of their choice from the salary they receive.

Those who keep defending this nonsense by our politicians should try and grow conscience.
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by mytime24(f): 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
This national cake no dey finish ooo
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Dafresh: 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
I dedicate Mr President by Africa China to APC supporters and their Politicians. To that guy that love dedicating songs you must like Mr President by Africa China
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by SmartPolician: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
Anyone who thinks APC has come to fix this country has been scammed.

The heart of a black man is as black as his skin colour!
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by SmartPolician: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
obiekunie01:
My own be say ba?

WHY THIS MONEY NO DEY TIRE THIS PEOPLE??

could it be say they have discovered a way to carry this money go hell when they die??

This is the answer to your question: We have a terrible mentality in this part of the world.

Everywhere you go in Nigeria, you hear people saying they would work hard to accumulate wealth for themselves and the unborn generation. That way, their children's children would not suffer and also appreciate them for what they did. We are seeing the consequences of that mentality. Today, people who are privileged to make laws ensure that our institutions are weak and that the laws favour them or they just circumvent it. They just keep looting the country's resources.

Elsewhere in the world, people are taxed according to their earnings. The more you earn, the higher your taxes. In the UK, they have income tax of 45% for people who earn as high as £100k per annum. Guess what, the system is designed to take from rich people and sustain unemployed people until they can get a job and take care of themselves. This applies all over the western world.

Believe it or not, the only thing that can change this country is a blo.ody revo.lution.
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by OgaTheTop2: 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
How will Nigeria ever progress with these looters in power? My God!
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Kukutente23: 1:11am On Aug 15, 2023
Na so
Who go dey table make he no put something for mouth
Let agbadorians continue to suffer now to enjoy later while the politlooters enjoy now to enjoy more later
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Betanaija42moro: 1:32am On Aug 15, 2023
E don set
I pity this country
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Morbeta11(m): 3:41am On Aug 15, 2023
The audacious looting under Akpabio will kill Tinubu’s government faster than the speed of light.
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Deogratiasfx: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
SenatePresdo:

But why are Yoruba people supporting thieves, na so them dey do for South-west?

Only God knows i can never marry a Yoruba woman, I don't want my kids to have suffering and rejoicing mindset, may God forbid it!

Not all Yorubas. I know some who have sense. Besides it is not only them who support this evil government. I know how me and my dad almost fight each time I go against these insensitive people; not that he is even gaining any Kobo from them

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by Chasito(m): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
Who do us this thing...tufiakwa , Nigeria is cursed.
Re: Akpabio Orders Four Lexus Suvs For N1 Billion, Abbas Corners N9.5 Billion. by stanluiz(m): 10:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
Morbeta11:
The audacious looting under Akpabio will kill Tinubu’s government faster than the speed of light.
Na Akpabio go disgrace and finish Tinubu government Las Las.

The Akpabio of a man is So Corrupt!! A criminal minded man.

He looted Akwa ibom state to stupor! That's why EFCC was chasing him. He then decamp to ApC and continue his looting spree.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb Already Giving Up Before The Race Has Begun! / Yar’adua Had Planned To Go Back To Lecture At Abu! / Lamido Sanusi: If Audit Reveals Some Bank Executive Have Been Cooking Their Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.