Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

"Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie (21746 Views)

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / The More Chores A Husband Does, The More Likely The Marriage Will End In Divorce / Ebhohimen Innocent Lists His 2018 Achievements, To Inspire Others (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by linearity: 3:43am On Aug 15, 2023
obaidan:

Because it is reaching a goal. Achievement is defined as a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill. So do you now get why it is an achievement.

If u dey wear size 14 before and u wan do size 10 by december, when u reach that goal, u have achieved something and it is an achievement.
If you set goals to help the needy and maybe in few months u relaize u have helped one or 2 persons, it is an achievement
If in your heart of hearts, you hope to get married someday, when u get married it becomes anachievement...while you remain unmarried, u have not achieved what u set out to achieve.

However that you have not achieved your goals does not make you a failure and shouldnt make u unhappy, infact you may still have many who have achieved lots of their goals looking up to you.

Again, marriage in itself is not an achievement. making marriage work is an achievement....Not everyone that marries put in effort, and courage and not everyone that gets into it sets it as a goal.

For marriage to be an achievement, that statement has to be universal and true in all cases. Young adults get into marriage every day in the North, but marriage was not a goal for them, they did not put any effort into it and it is not a success by any standard as far as they are concern.

Many people sit and waits for the right man to come around to ask for their hands in marriage...there was no achievement on their part.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by obaidan: 4:06am On Aug 15, 2023
linearity:

Again, marriage in itself is not an achievement. making marriage work is an achievement....Not everyone that marries put in effort, and courage and not everyone that gets into it sets it as a goal.

For marriage to be an achievement, that statement has to be universal and true in all cases. Young adults get into marriage every day in the North, but marriage was not a goal for them, they did not put any effort into it and it is not a success by any standard as far as they are concern.

Many people sit and waits for the right man to come around to ask for their hands in marriage...there was no achievement on their part.
If making marriage work is an achievement, then getting married is an achievement.....we agree that graduating from uni is an achievement, but something has to be achieved before u get admitted to the university i.e. passing JAMB and other entrace exams which is also an achievement. You've got to achieve one thing to have a chance of achieving the next. Ofcourse it is obvious that making marriage work is the bigger/ultimate achievement but that doesnt mean getting married or even building a stable relationship with ur partner is not an achievement. It may not be the ultimate, but its still an achievement.

I will disagree with you that for marriage to be an achievement, it has to be universal and true in all cases. Achievements are basically personal, what's an achiement to you may not be an achievement to me. What i think is universal is that, whatever goal u set for yourself and meet is an achievement. And about the North marriages u talked about, i agree with u marriage isnt a goal for those people u cited hence its not really an achievement for them, but for those that set goals of getting married or staying happily married, getting married is an achievement... There are milestones in life...we dont just wake up and become a butterfly and if u meet one milestone, its an achievement.

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by linearity: 4:10am On Aug 15, 2023
obaidan:

If making marriage work is an achievement, then getting married is an achievement.....we agree that graduating from uni is an achievement, but something has to be achieved before u get admitted to the university i.e. passing JAMB and other entrace exams which is also an achievement. You've got to achieve one thing to have a chance of achieving the next. Ofcourse it is obvious that making marriage work is the bigger/ultimate achievement but that doesnt mean getting married or even building a stable relationship with ur partner is not an achievement. It may not be the ultimate, but its still an achievement.

I will disagree with you that for marriage to be an achievement, it has to be universal and true in all cases. Achievements are basically personal, what's an achiement to you may not be an achievement to me. What i think is universal is that, whatever goal u set for yourself and meet is an achievement

So what has the 16 years old teenager who was married by her parents in Norther Nigeria to an elderly rich man in the community who has promised her family lands, cattles and food achieved?

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Chetas81(m): 4:19am On Aug 15, 2023
HOW MANY OF YOU OUT THERE GET IT RIGHT, YOU CAN ALSO ASK YOUR SELF WHY SINGLE PARENTS MORE THAN THE MARRIED PEOPLE, WHAT TYPE OF ACHIEVEMENT CAN YOU RATE FOR THE SINGLE MOTHERS AND THE SINGLE FATHER'S
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by obaidan: 4:20am On Aug 15, 2023
linearity:

So what has the 16 years old teenager who was married by her parents in Norther Nigeria to an elderly rich man in the community who has promised her family lands, cattles and food achieved?

you know like i said, marriage may not be an achievement in such cases of forced marriages. But i am inclined to believe that what happens in the north is that these little young girls are brainwashed to think what they are doing to them is nice and honourable and at that point they begin to desire it too. Ofcourse there are some who will not want it but i want to believe most of them want it after they have been brainwashed and in such cases, although they have been manipulated, but getting married at that age has become their desire too.

You know its not like these 16 years old girls cry and look unhappy on those wedding days too...they are also joyful and celebrate it with their friends......most times their elder sisters did same and its just the life they know, so i will even say for most of them, it is their desire(unfortunately they were manipulated by their loved ones and things around them to have that desire)
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by lexy2014: 4:53am On Aug 15, 2023
TheKingOfCrumb:
For a woman, yes marriage is an achievement.
Its an achievement to make a man pay for your misbehavior, manipulation, disobedience, disloyalty, feed and cloth you.

"Our luck might be different in getting the right people, doesn’t make the union less of an achievement.", Jullie Cassie probes.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:53am On Aug 15, 2023
22o62021:
To women only
bitter soul, go settle down.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by madscientist88(m): 5:28am On Aug 15, 2023
if marriage isn't an achievement why are the married assigned a tittle such as mr and mrs after the event?if marriage isn't an achievement, nothing else is. low IQ people should stay away,the woman is right.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by favour32(m): 5:34am On Aug 15, 2023
Na achievement to the female gender.
But for man!

Who sai!

Na institution of endless billings and God help you, if you don't have a help mate.

Suya dey sweet...suya dey sweet but na na_ma body dem for dey cut am.

If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by dungas30(m): 5:43am On Aug 15, 2023
MrPRevailer:
True.
Mark 10:11-12 "And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery."

Did your Pastor tell you that if you marry a divorced woman, you are married to Hellfire?
if they didn't, please change your church
did your Bible or pastor also tell you that if after marriage you found out that your wife is not a virgin, you can send her packing?? Read the book of Deuteronomy 22:13 to 29.. so goliible people will say it's an old testament.... Bible an the word of God doesn't change...why are u still reading old testament in your various churches if it has expired.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Onekilo: 5:55am On Aug 15, 2023
Greatpoet:

Foremost Nigerian social commentator and public affairs analyst Jullie Cassie has threw her own weights on the practicality that Marriage remain an achievement.

In one of her visual factfile which she posted on Instagram, the Author of 'Dance School' echoes areas where most people get it wrong with their verdicts about marriage. In her words....

"Whatever is worth celebrating is an achievement, and marriage will forever be one of life's achievements. Our luck might be different in getting the right people, doesn’t make the union less of an achievement.", Jullie Cassie probes.

Watch video below as she highlights reasons why marriage remains a lifetime achievement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqYTZLVfR9Y

Yes, of course .
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by 007kjb: 5:58am On Aug 15, 2023
In Christianity:

* Worship your God genuinely

* Influence others positively

* Marriage

* FEED WELL

LIFES GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by annyz: 6:05am On Aug 15, 2023
Marriage na SCAM and people are still wedding every Saturday.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Babastrong(m): 6:11am On Aug 15, 2023
[quote author=TheKingOfCrumb post=125104236]For a woman, yes marriage is an achievement.
Its an achievement to make a man pay for your misbehavior, manipulation, disobedience, disloyalty, feed and cloth you. [life
has
beating
you
mercilessly
in
this
area
hence
your
archaic
theory?.
i'm
a
married
man
with
kids,
i
can
tell
you
boldly
that
one
of
the
sweetiest
things
of
life
is
peaceful
marriage.
]
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Babastrong(m): 6:15am On Aug 15, 2023
I am a married man with kids. i can boldly tell you that marriage is a paradise on earth.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Chucks13: 6:47am On Aug 15, 2023
Chika Ike, Iyabo Ojo, Genevive, Aduni Ade, Kemi Oluloyo won't accept that. They are all bitch who had arrogantly wasted their youth looking for "Mr Angel Gabriel" then outlived their value in marital market thereby making them become Okrika, Akube materials.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Clinghton: 6:51am On Aug 15, 2023
It depends on individual, though in Africa its seen as an achievement.

But most Europeans don't see it that way.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by MYKELDAYO(m): 6:53am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Yes ooo, what more can one ask for if you marry a very rich man that you won't have to struggle for anything.
Me I'm just planning to marry a very rich man immediately I'm through with my some things so that I'll continue to enjoy my life in peace because I don't want to stress myself over anything.
Dad's house and straight to husband's house and eventually heaven.
look at this one mentality....
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by EgunMogaji2: 6:55am On Aug 15, 2023
Not true.

It’s simply a financial contract.

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by FireUpNow(m): 6:55am On Aug 15, 2023
TheKingOfCrumb:
Its an achievement to make a man pay for your misbehavior, manipulation, disobedience, disloyalty, feed and cloth you.
You the man are you not guilty of all these too?
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by franchasofficia: 7:10am On Aug 15, 2023
The greatest joy of every man is having your own kids call you "Daddy", and one thing every man cherishes so much after his mother is his daughter kiss

Playing with my daughter gives me an unexplainable joy kiss smiley

Having children under wedlock gives peace of mind and joy unspeakable
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by eliwa47(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2023
That's if it's successful!
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by hansomb: 7:33am On Aug 15, 2023
MrPRevailer:
True.
Mark 10:11-12 "And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery."

Did your Pastor tell you that if you marry a divorced woman, you are married to Hellfire?
if they didn't, please change your church
The Quran has rectify/updated that.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Slimplush: 7:39am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Yes ooo, what more can one ask for if you marry a very rich man that you won't have to struggle for anything.
Me I'm just planning to marry a very rich man immediately I'm through with my some things so that I'll continue to enjoy my life in peace because I don't want to stress myself over anything.
No pun intended, but you sound like a fool, are you cripple for you not to make your own money??

Most of ya'll will now be crying bitter when they use you as a renewal for their wealth source

Bunch of fool lots!!!
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Xpol: 7:45am On Aug 15, 2023
Only for those that care about it, everyone has his/her own opinion about marriage.

For those that count it has achievement, so be it.

For those that see it as mare formality, so be it and for those that see it as nothing, you can't force them to agree with your own opinion.

Most men go into marriage because of free s3x ticket. So don't expect such to see it as any sort of achievement.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Cheapgadget(f): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2023
No be everybody go marry for life, don't stress any one to be like you if you are married, na choice abeg
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by bonnyhope: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2023
TheKingOfCrumb:

Gbam!!!

2 Likes

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2023
It's an achievement if you marry a minor or an slowpoke. Mumu.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Negroid001(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
No man will do what your dad can't do for you.
Besides except you're 9/10 on physical appearance. No rich man will look your side.

Very likely you'll still later settle down with a struggling redpill doing 50/50 when you realize age is not on your side. Fine girls are on Instagram and tiktok not nairaland. You don't fit the description for a rich man's wife. This is a faceless forum, hence the reason you're here often hiding your supposedly hideous appearance trying to gain attention here and there.

How far my gee. Been a while. It's all banters o.🏃‍♂️
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Quebec91(m): 8:36am On Aug 15, 2023
Said it all
TheKingOfCrumb:
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by pongwa(m): 8:37am On Aug 15, 2023
TheKingOfCrumb:
that is just the truth
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 15, 2023
I did.
Dshocker:

Why?.. You didn't give the reason why you disagreed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut / I Have Not Seen My Husband For 10 Years, Woman Tells Court / Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.