Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

"Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie (21765 Views)

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / The More Chores A Husband Does, The More Likely The Marriage Will End In Divorce / Ebhohimen Innocent Lists His 2018 Achievements, To Inspire Others (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by aAK1(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
TheKingOfCrumb:
For a woman, yes marriage is an achievement.
Its an achievement to make a man pay for your misbehavior, manipulation, disobedience, disloyalty, feed and cloth you.
the worse decision I ever made
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by 1Sharon(f): 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
It is an achievement. It is a milestone, so should be seen as such.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by mclloyd22: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
Google defines achievement as ‘’a thing done successfully with effort, skill, or courage’’

No let them deceive you that marriage is not an achievement. You go explain tire give your family and friends. The fact that there are lot of marriage issues now which made a lot give up on marriage but trust me if you can’t handle marriage then you are likely not mentally fit to handle people in public offices

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by kokomilala(m): 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
Marriage Is Not An Achievement

Marriage is far from being an achievement. It's a means to an end in a sense- the end being a happy home.

Africans have been so culturally wired to see marriage as an achievement. I'm afraid it's not. Any fool, any slowpoke, any psychopath can get married. And after wedding, what next?

Jesus Christ, Paul, Daniel and more didn't get married. Yet, the worlds they created by their efforts have outlived them. In effect, there is more to a man's existence than the intricacies and mixed fortunes of marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by BarrElChapo(m): 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
Of course.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Yes ooo, what more can one ask for if you marry a very rich man that you won't have to struggle for anything.
Me I'm just planning to marry a very rich man immediately I'm through with my some things so that I'll continue to enjoy my life in peace because I don't want to stress myself over anything.
Dad's house and straight to husband's house and eventually heaven.

The money of a Rich man needs to keep flowing and it takes great work for you to maintain the cash flow. Change your mentality before it's too late, love you

2 Likes

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by SonofGod231: 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
Simply not true. Funny how many people see being married as an achievement. Being single doesn't mean having a lonely child free life. It's common,many regret being married this days. If that's the case then how's does being married translate to an achievement when one can achieve most things without being married. Now when it comes to marriage every woman wants a man who is a provider, which in todays modern world means earning more than them. But it's harder to find and achieve this,. Now men want to come back home to meet a meal on the table and see their women building the home but that's never the case .The stress alone in the country will force two of you to start working. Now two working partners coming home instead of one,neither wants to take care of the house as both are tired etc. This is the sad reality many married peeps are into. Equity works in lots of ways, but not for marriage. I would rather remain single than make it my mission in life to keep someone else happy over my own contentment when modern westernized feminists these days don't care about commitment and marriage values.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by zinaunreal(m): 12:03am On Aug 15, 2023
😆😆😆😆

That's how stupid people come here to identify themselves. Nigerians who support this useless topic of marriage. No be by force oooooo

4 Likes

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 15, 2023
One of my friend just set his wife on fire while she was sleeping at night same day she returned from Dublin.
He waited for her to sleep and poured petrol, set her on fire with her younger brother.

Both of whom are now dead beacause of MARRIAGE.

I had repeatedly told her to walk away from the abusive marriage but like a regular African, had clung to an abusive marriage to her destruction.

Her death led to the death of the mother via hearth attack.

Now, can you look me in the eye and honestly tell me the marriage of my friend, who is now dead, was her greatest achievement?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Barsote(m): 12:13am On Aug 15, 2023
If I were a girl agreed
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Dinieoj(f): 12:27am On Aug 15, 2023
It's an achievement if your existence depends on your spouse, it could be the man or the woman, that's to say you can't feed, cloth and shelter yourself without getting a help from your spouse then you can say you have achieved someone who has taken over your responsibility.nonsense

2 Likes

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by GUNITGuy: 12:46am On Aug 15, 2023
Most especially in Nigeria were a man is responsible for your existence and happiness.....
We created that narrative and you don't have to accept it to be true

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Kevineleven(m): 12:56am On Aug 15, 2023
Sammynath4e:
Bvvhh
Why would a Nigerian negroid, share this kind of gold mine instead of staking low key and cashing out.
If this was true, start posting free games before they start, then we will subscribe.
Prove that you are not a scam.

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:11am On Aug 15, 2023
On point, only born throwaway no believe marriage and family is an achievement.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Luckybelt: 1:22am On Aug 15, 2023
agreed
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by KanwuliaExtra: 1:28am On Aug 15, 2023
Bigshots001:

I don crush on you tire madam 😜

E zio kwu?( e don meannit?)

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Dshocker(m): 1:33am On Aug 15, 2023
Samantha124:
I totally disagree.

Why?.. You didn't give the reason why you disagreed
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by LockDown69(m): 1:51am On Aug 15, 2023
Run wo grin
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by tragergeorge(m): 2:00am On Aug 15, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Definitely!

There is no way you can deny the truth!

Having a companion and raising kids in one happy home, is a dream many long for.

Even to great extent, money starts losing value when you not spending it on things you love and adore.
God...
But this generation see the ceremony/party as the achievement....
The pressure they put on the party lately is too much,e don turn competition
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by stevups(m): 2:01am On Aug 15, 2023
TheKingOfCrumb:
For a woman, yes marriage is an achievement.
Its an achievement to make a man pay for your misbehavior, manipulation, disobedience, disloyalty, feed and cloth you.

No be lie bro
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by AllenSpencer: 2:06am On Aug 15, 2023
tragergeorge:

God...
But this generation see the ceremony/party as the achievement....
The pressure they put on the party lately is too much,e don turn competition

You are damn right about that!
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by TheKingOfCrumb: 2:07am On Aug 15, 2023
aAK1:
the worse decision I ever made
you will need to make 1 more mistake in order to right the previous
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by Yankee101: 2:13am On Aug 15, 2023
A good marriage yes, absolutely
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by obaidan: 2:53am On Aug 15, 2023
It is not wrong to say marriage is an achievement......people just need to come to terms with the fact that all human beings cannot achieve the same things in life...Like she said graduating from school is an achievement, but some people did not graduate from school and they are role models to people who achieved the graduation.....

buying a car is an achievement
buying a house is an achievement
giving birth to a child is an achievement
becoming a teacher is an achievement
becoming wealthy is an achievement
having a personal relationship with God is an achievement
infact being able to sexually satisfy your partner is an achievement

the only thing is that everybody will not achieve the same things in this life and that u Mr. A did not/have not achieve what Mr B has achieved does not make u a failure. Mr B is probably admiring some of your achievements too

Marriage is an achievement, However being unmarried doesnt make u a failure.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by 1phone(m): 2:55am On Aug 15, 2023
Heaven koh hellfire ni
IconicR:
Yes ooo, what more can one ask for if you marry a very rich man that you won't have to struggle for anything.
Me I'm just planning to marry a very rich man immediately I'm through with my some things so that I'll continue to enjoy my life in peace because I don't want to stress myself over anything.
Dad's house and straight to husband's house and eventually heaven.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by obaidan: 3:06am On Aug 15, 2023
abbey621:
It's an achievement just like graduation, celebrating 40, 50 , 60 years or more. It's an achievement just like having a baby, securing a good paying job, losing weight or stop smoking! An achievement is an achievement regardless of opinion!
Very correct...I think people are expanding the meaning of achievement to be something else..... Changing wardrobe sef na achievement, looking better than u looked before is an achievement, improving you health and wellness is an achievement.

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by obaidan: 3:07am On Aug 15, 2023
Samantha124:
I totally disagree.
do you wana share reasons why you disagree
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by obaidan: 3:13am On Aug 15, 2023
linearity:
How is marriage an achievement?
Because it is reaching a goal. Achievement is defined as a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill. So do you now get why it is an achievement.

If u dey wear size 14 before and u wan do size 10 by december, when u reach that goal, u have achieved something and it is an achievement.
If you set goals to help the needy and maybe in few months u relaize u have helped one or 2 persons, it is an achievement
If in your heart of hearts, you hope to get married someday, when u get married it becomes anachievement...while you remain unmarried, u have not achieved what u set out to achieve.

However that you have not achieved your goals does not make you a failure and shouldnt make u unhappy, infact you may still have many who have achieved lots of their goals looking up to you.
Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by obaidan: 3:16am On Aug 15, 2023
mariahAngel:

As a man, you're incomplete without a woman.

what does this even mean.....please if i may ask, what's your ultimate goal in life

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie by int0x80(m): 3:16am On Aug 15, 2023
Marriage is not an achievement, probably for some women looking for meal tickets!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court / What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut / Men/guys Plz Stop Encouraging/producing Baby Mamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.