Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,751 members, 7,865,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

LG Polls: Obaseki Receives Rousing Welcome As PDP Campaign Train Berths In Esanl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LG Polls: Obaseki Receives Rousing Welcome As PDP Campaign Train Berths In Esanl (182 Views)

LG Polls: Obaseki Leads PDP Campaign Train To Canvass For Votes / Femi Fani-Kayode Returns Home After Joining APC, Receives Rousing Welcome / Senator Ike Ekweremadu Arrives Enugu, Gets Rousing Welcome From His Constituents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG Polls: Obaseki Receives Rousing Welcome As PDP Campaign Train Berths In Esanl by Aisosa25: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
LG Polls: Obaseki receives rousing welcome as PDP campaign train berths in Esanland

…campaign team gets royal blessings from Ojuromi of Uromi Kingdom

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, leaders and members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Monday, took the party’s campaign for the local council elections to Uromi, Esan Central Local Government Area amid rousing welcome from crowd of supporters and residents, who applauded the governor’s developmental strides and pledged to vote for the party in the forthcoming local government elections.

Obaseki while speaking to the party faithful at the Okpujie Demonstration Primary School in Uromi, urged the people to come out en masse to vote for the PDP candidate to ensure the party’s victory in the September 2, 2023 poll.

PHOTO CAPTION

L-R: Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly (EDHA), Hon. Blessing Agbebaku; Chairman, Edo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Tony Aziegbemi; Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki; PDP Chairmanship Candidate for Esan North East Local Government Area (LGA), Hon. (Dr.) Kelly Inedegbor, during PDP’s campaign for the local council elections in Uromi, Esan Central LGA, on Monday, August 14, 2023.

The governor said, “Kelly Inedegbor is a good man who will work for the people. I will support him. With him as the chairman and me as the governor, development is sure. He will work for the development and growth of the people. I urge party faithful to come out en masse and ensure PDP wins in the locality to guarantee sustained development.”

On his part, the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly (EDHA), Hon. Blessing Agbebaku, said: “We are here to beg you to liberate Uromi properly by ensuring PDP wins all the seats. We want a chairman that will be close to the people, market women, students, and farmers; a man that will ensure the development of the area.”

The Deputy Speaker of the EDHA, Maria Edeko, thanked the people for their support and votes during the last House of Assembly elections in the State, reassuring quality representation at the House to ensure more developmental projects get to the area.

She noted that as Deputy Speaker of the House, she has flagged off some projects in the locality including a secondary school, assuring of more developments if PDP wins in the September 2, 2023 local government election.

Also, the PDP candidate in the forthcoming LG poll, Hon. Kelly Inedegbor, said: “I will provide soft micro loans for women, ensure security, provide interest-free loans, and ensure even development and growth in Esan North East Local Government Area of Edo State. I assure you, I will not disappoint you if you vote for me to become the Chairman of the council.”

Arch. Bishop Tony Okosun thanked the people for coming out in large numbers to welcome the governor and his entourage, adding, “This is a victory rally. We are celebrating victory in advance. Our party has won both the chairmanship and councillorship election billed for September 2, 2023.”

The governor also led the team to the palace of His Royal Highness (HRH) Zaiki Anslem Edenojie, the Ojuromi of Uromi Kingdom where he met with traditional rulers across Esan Central, who blessed the governor and his entourage.

Re: LG Polls: Obaseki Receives Rousing Welcome As PDP Campaign Train Berths In Esanl by Administration1: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Will he fail? No one knows, but I see the powers that be working against him
Re: LG Polls: Obaseki Receives Rousing Welcome As PDP Campaign Train Berths In Esanl by Jostoman: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Good from Obaseki
Re: LG Polls: Obaseki Receives Rousing Welcome As PDP Campaign Train Berths In Esanl by Jostoman: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
Edo people should be very careful about that evil party called apc.

(1) (Reply)

Another Scramble For Africa Is Presently Ongoing But Nigerians Are Busy Fighting / We're Sorry , Nimo Community Apologises To Soludo Over Youth Protest / Group Hails Tinubu For Making Badaru Defence Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.