Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity (25914 Views)

Naira Falls To N609/$1 On The Illegal Market As Forex Liquidity Remains Poor. / Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / Naira Declines To 370 As Forex Liquidity Drops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by Kukutente23: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
musicwriter:
I believe there's high level economic sabotage going on now by people who want a return to fuel subsidy and those who want a return to government regulated special dollar rate.
That's the problem.
I'm among them
How am I sabotaging the economy
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by InvertedHammer: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
FalseProphet1:
So the CBN governor doesn't know what to do and has to wait for the president to give him marching orders before he implements anything. We truly have block heads holding strategic offices in this country.

This I have seen.

/
Professionalism among these educated folks in Nigeria exists only in their CVs. Critical thinking is not their forte.
/

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by imbless: 8:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
primeache:
Close all foreign currencies account and liquidate to respective naira account of holders.

This is the only option now to control the dollar and also minimize corruption and pressure on the Naira.
Many people are holding foreign currencies they do not need
Bro WTF 😒😒 This is typical African mentally, blaming the symptoms instead of the disease, the disease is the Nigeria as a country is not producing anything we can export to get FX apart from crude oil and Nigeria depends heavily on importation, the symptoms is people are saving in dollars and other strong currencies because they have lost hope in naira. Even if they closed all dorm account, people will mop up the whole FX and hoard it and the prices of those currencies will shoot up the more!! The only way naija economy can be fixed, is for Nigeria to move from consumption to production, from import dependent state to exporting economy, this will add values to our locally made products and those products will be recognized globally. This was what obi was preaching but tribalism, political affiliations and religion prevailed in the past elections.

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by benzion72(m): 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
I will hit the ground running
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by Mccullum: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
Matching order for good, please.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by mrblessed(m): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yes, let our mechanical engineer perform the much needed economic miracle.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by ShaqFu: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
musicwriter:
I believe there's high level economic sabotage going on now by people who want a return to fuel subsidy and those who want a return to government regulated special dollar rate.
That's the problem.
you read my mind. This has always been the problem with Nigerians. As long as something stops favoring them, they do everything in their power to frustrate everything and anything.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by maticar: 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Step in the right direction
Not only that he should also clamp down on bureau de change and illegal operators and hoarders of forex
The same BDC emefiele accused....whose licenses have being reinstated?

grin cheesy

You should have just scrolled pass instead of embarrassing yourself
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by Alliswell248: 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
ClassicMan202:
No be only matching orders.... Na running orders

Rubbish...

Just dey shout Emilokan up and down without a single plan

Just the same way we gave pity obi, the third class philosophy graduate the matching order in February.

Emergency lovers of Nigeria must surely wail....it is in the dna...
We gave pity obi matching order
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by ultimateprof: 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
Tumbulu has been over rated before erection. He is a failure. Just imagine Tumbulu to have approved Ganduje to be APC national chairman. Habaa!
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by obyno82: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
flokii:
Emefiele and those cabals he worked for really messed this country up.. I'm just short of words.

Oga just shut up why can't Emi Lo Kan find a way of making parallel market illegal to stop arbitrage
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by ChenHao23: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
What's you lots obsession with Bureau De change? JSYK, bureau de change are licensed operators by CBN to bid for FX at the CBN and autonomous sources. Despite paying their annual license renewal year in year out, the CBN has continued to deny them such bidding since July, 2021 yet you are asking CBN to clamp down on them. If I may I ask, for what offence?
BOSSkesh:
Not only that he should also clamp down on bureau de change and illegal operators and hoarders of forex

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by ibinaboonline: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
The CBN governor go shit d dollars for nyash? Abi dem dey hide am somewhere wey baba say make em go bring am out?
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by wonlasewonimi: 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
The only solution now is to invoke the spirit of Agemo
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by kenmaro: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
BOSSkesh:

Who are the hoarders? Is the C in C and all politicians who have no business with the dollar exempted? Until we all realise that the dollar is not our local currency and stop saving in dollar and fully industrialise the Nigerian economy, Naira will continue to plunge further.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by musicwriter(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
you read my mind. This has always been the problem with Nigerians. As long as something stops favoring them, them do everything in their power to frustrate everything and anything.

That's the problem.
The president would need to put some highly placed people behind bars for the economy to move forward at this time. Unfortunately, that won't be possible.

But let's remember that's not the root cause of this problem.

The ultimate cause is that there's not enough industry to produce what we need because we lack scientific knowledge, and that in itself is because we learn science in a foreign language. That's the root cause of the problem.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by nedekid: 9:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
ClassicMan202:
No be only matching orders.... Na running orders

Rubbish...

Just dey shout Emilokan up and down without a single plan

What concerns Peter Obi in this thread?

Na Peter Obi dey formulate policies? na Peter Obi remove subsidy? Abi na Peter Obi be CBN governor?

E be like say If you no mention Peter Obi name for 24hours you no go dey alright.
No mind am. If them no mention his name 10 times daily their blokos no go stand.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by ibinaboonline: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
I can bet my last dollar you don't have a single dollar in the bank. No other reason you're advocating liquidating other people's money. It's the jezebel spirit. Even if they make such a stupid move, it still won't solve your problems because what the country needs is revenues from exports.
primeache:
Close all foreign currencies account and liquidate to respective naira account of holders.

This is the only option now to control the dollar and also minimize corruption and pressure on the Naira.
Many people are holding foreign currencies they do not need
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by samuelson06(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
pol23:
Orders up and down…
Shey na so dem dey do things.
No strategy.
No planning.
No form work.
No case study.
You can also order dollar to be $1 to N1.
Rada rada.
The easy way to stop the naira from falling is to reduce our dependency.
Build refinery (that might take more than 8 years though)
Let’s stop importing wheats (that we can achieve in 18 months, if serious)
Let’s stop fish importation.
Fabrics.
And pretty much every nonsense we keep importing while we have the capacity to grow it or produce it in here.
But our leaders are always lazy and they don’t care about the future of the country….
It’s all about doing yeye project…. Nobody thinks about Wealth creation for the next generation.
Mr Bola Tinubu no try at all.

All those things you are calling on the government to stop people from importing, I hope if they stop importing them today, you'll have enough of them to consume. That's how you guys were asking the government to stop rice importation. Where are we today on that?
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by nedekid: 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
spanzed:
This improved liquidity will favor me and my family. Amen
Amen oh, it will favour us.
The only way sha is if you have naira in cash, once they increase liquidity, you quickly change your naira to dollars and keep, because it will certainly fall again. grin
But if you no get naira in cash, to favour you na only for mouth ohh.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by hopexter(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

You can't give what you don't have.
The president should keep his ugly mouth shut.

If your father was driven and ambitious enough Tinubu wouldn’t be your president. So shut up and bear the consequences of your father’s laziness grin grin
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by Enyinne(f): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
grin it will crash kpatakpa . cheesy Economy will stabilize immediately
Hoelujohn:

Simple: anyone holding dollar for more than a week without any tangible reason should be charged to court for treason and penalty should be firing squad or death by hanging. I swear dollar go reach 500 naira under a month.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by NewDea4: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh1vAIFwIz4

President Tinubu Gives Acting CBN Governor Matching Order To Improve Forex Liquidity

What the hell is 'forex liquidity'?
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by Nyne: 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
donproject2:
We get a new government to praise the previous one. How has Tinubu improved my life? He made things even more difficult.

Government will never give you good electricity.
Government will never give you security.
Government will never give your kids free education.
Government will never give you free medical care.
Government will never give you good road network.

We can only strive to make money and provide these things for yourselves, paying same government hugely.

A federal government worker appointed 5 years ago with salary of, let's say, a #100,000 has only had 10k or 20k added to his salary after 5 years. But prices of goods and services has x4 within that same 5 years, how do we want him to survive?

It is all chaos in this part of the world.

It’s not all these talk talk talk and do nothing.

People shall rise soon, angers shall rise and the world will burn into ashes. The Wrath of God will befall the face of the Earth and evil doers will run and see nowhere to hide.

Just screenshot or bookmark this post.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by kunle4toyeyaho: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

You can't give what you don't have.
The president should keep his ugly mouth shut.
A pained obidient
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by otosa(m): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
This is a story.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by stormborn28(m): 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Asiwaju is moving
towards sea
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by lailo: 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
densiks:
These folks are plain stupid
No other explanation suffices.

They were claiming to know,now look at where the exchange rate is just in less than two months.

How can people sincerely survive under these kind of conditions

Tinubu should better wake up before it's too late
To keep the dollar rate at #500 or less is not a rocket science. All government needs to do and which they have always been doing is to just peg it and pay the balance but Tinubu decided to remove the subsidy and let the real value of dollar to naira be exposed.
We can not continue same way and expect different result.
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by stormborn28(m): 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
kunle4toyeyaho:
A pained obidient
three months after . how far and well
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by stormborn28(m): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2023
lailo:

To keep the dollar rate at #500 or less is not a rocket science. All government needs to do and which they have always been doing is to just peg it and pay the balance but Tinubu decided to remove the subsidy and let the real value of dollar to naira be exposed.
We can not continue same way and expect different result.

Yes we are getting different result in the right direction.. I don't know why d marching order?
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by Cardozzo(m): 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
[quote author=ClassicMan202 post=125112149]No be only matching orders.... Na runningN governor?

E be like say If you no mention Peter Obi name for 24hours you no go dey alright.[/quote
U re mad .but u can mention Tinubu and go Scot free abi
Re: President Tinubu Orders CBN To Improve Forex Liquidity by primeache: 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
So how much dollar do you have on your account?

Don't be unfortunate.
Empty barrel makes the loudest of noise.
I understand, you lack the capacity to understand my statement.

ibinaboonline:
I can bet my last dollar you don't have a single dollar in the bank. No other reason you're advocating liquidating other people's money. It's the jezebel spirit. Even if they make such a stupid move, it still won't solve your problems because what the country needs is revenues from exports.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sack Fever Grips Bank Workers. / An Encounter With Dr. Cosmas Maduka That Changed The Life Of CEO Stanel Group / GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.