Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. (25547 Views)

Military Men Raid Okigwe, Residents Tortured, Several Dead (Disturbing Video, P) / Boko Haram, ISWAP Threaten To Kill Military Officers Who Captured Terrorists / Photos Of Ateke Tom's Residence After Being Raided By Military Men In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by insidelife22(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2023
Residents of Emelego, Ogboloma, and Okolomade communities in the Abua/Odual Local Government Area of Rivers State have fled the area after gunmen killed two military men in the area.

Chief of the Adada community, Nicholas Gilbert, told journalists that the people fled for fear of harassment or invasion by security agencies.

According to him, the people are currently sleeping on their various farmlands.

He lamented that the rain had left them in an unsafe condition as they had no shelter.

He decried the lack of security presence and police station in the area for over 20 years, which he said has resulted in the continued kidnapping and killings in the area.

Gilbert called on the state government to help resolve the issue so they could return to their homes, pleading that they were all stranded in the bush.

“As I’m talking to you now, I’m right in the bush, and heavy rain is falling on me. Everybody is wet in the bush.

“What happened in Adada has been happening since 2008. We have been suffering at the hands of all these bad boys.

“That 2008, one Emmanuel Okiri was shot dead, and the government did not come to ask us how. 2009 again, something happened, I went to Abua to the police station and reported, but nobody came.

“Again, in 2013, it happened, I went to Abua police station and reported. 2018, December 24, five boys were shot by unknown men. I went to Abua and reported and asked for help, but nobody came.

“I was asked to bring some money because of transport. I told them I have no money, so I came back. Right now, we’re suffering the same thing.

We’re hearing rumours of threats to come and burn the community. We’re hearing rumors of mass arrest.

They have arrested some people in Ogoloma and elsewhere. We are running helter-skelter inside the bush.

“I reported to the Highness of the kingdom. He told me by tomorrow, they’re going to have a meeting.

“We are begging the state government to come and make things calm down. Though the military can come and find out what happened and who and who committed the crime.

“We ourselves don’t know what to do,” he added.

DAILY POST gathered that last Tuesday, gunmen killed two military men and stole two rifles from them.

They were attached to a contractor of the Ekaago-Ogboloma-Adada Road project being executed by the state government.

DAILY POST also learned that the two soldiers were killed by gunmen trying to abduct the expatriate handling the project.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/15/residents-flee-communities-as-gunmen-kill-military-men-in-rivers/

6 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by ISLAMBAD: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
The military will now transfer the aggression on the innocent citizens...

Its only in Nigeria and other backward countries you will see the military on the road harrassing people at the checkpoints instead of staying in the barracks where they are meant to stay...

Nigerian Army should stop doing police work and return to the barracks undecided

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by RemoveEbola: 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
The fat pig is biting more than he can chew. Since he teamed up with the drug lord, our soldiers have remained under threat. I pray they pump hot slugs in that shit-filled pot belly of his!!!

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by RemoveEbola: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
But why will the chief and all the ijaws in the community run into the bush because two soldiers were killed by "unknown gunmen"? We heard news of a helicopter being shut down in Niger state and 23 soldiers killed yet no one heard of the traditional ruler or indigenes running into the bush to hide!!!

What is really happening, can someone explain the sort of double standards being used in Nigeria?

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by kettykin: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
I warned about this some months ago, the earlier Asari Dokubo is. Disarmed the better for the safety of the innocent

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Phoen1X: 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Unknown gunmen ?...when we all saw asari dokubo brandishing guns openly before the public.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by BoldBrainz(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
Something happened in a community in Rivers State, representatives ran to Abuja for complaints. Is their state governor living in Abuja? Do they not have their representative at the House of Assembly? Whatever happened to their honourables at the National Assembly?

They should remain in the bush. When they're ready to solve the matter, they'll have sense. Foolish community!

9 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
ISLAMBAD:

Its only in Nigeria and other backward countries you will see the military on the road harrassing people at the checkpoints instead of staying in the barracks where they are meant to stay...

Exactly.The military here is the most useless worldwide.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
This is where Asari Dokubo is urgently needed to mobilize his boys and fight,not ranting like a rabid animal about going to war in Niger.
The fat foolish pig boasting won't even stand against the Nigerien soldiers.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by LagosFirstSon: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
Asari dokubo men at work

Well he's Tinubu friend so let's see if he will be prosecuted

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by sultanofpigs: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
Na Asari na!!! Shey Tinubu give am level, make him dey show workings. Now Tinubu don bounce am, and he starts killing soldiers. This is the fat pig , yoruba were hailing before.

NOW they will abandon him, even after he killed people because of ASO ROCK snub.

TINUBU NA USELESS PERSON.

The North is taking Notes... angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Sultech221: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Why
Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Greattouch8(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2023

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by seeker121(m): 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
Asari that guy needed to be tamed as soon as possible but this is Naija anything goes.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by IdowhatUneed(m): 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
This man men dem

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
The LGA chairman should do something about it. I know how stupid and insensitive our military men can be. In advanced and sane county, they're look for the bastard gunmen and match them down. But in my stupid county Nigeria, now ruled by a chronic drug addict those cowards and thieves will start burning houses and arresting innocent citizens ad if two villages are fighting each other.
What a country. 🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Skillsnigeria: 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by ElSudani: 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
ISLAMBAD:

Any words for the slain soldiers? No, because your sympathy lies with the killers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by correctguy101(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Na today? E don tey...

I experienced something back then in PH, I still dey fear the state up till this very moment. Can't expose myself to eediotic nonsense in the name of guyman..

Like I fear North, I also fear PH. They can kill themselves as they like, my only involvement will be reading about their stupidity in the news .

Very crazy people

5 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Tayorshd87: 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Always in the easy we will hear such news mtheew
Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by AskNgige2: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
ISLAMBAD:

I tell you... They should go for politicians biko

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by harmargedon: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
"When trouble sleep Yanga go wake am, nah wetin e dey finnnnd? Palava e dey find palava e go get e oooooooo" in the voice of Fela.
Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Dreamhighnow(m): 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Why are they running

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Kam2021: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
They will commit crime and run inside bush.Rivers state does not need a calm governor. Sim should sit up.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Ladymillion(f): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
This our general insecurity needs to be addressed urgently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by teejay29(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
ISLAMBAD:

I said it soldiers should be in barracks

5 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by Godstiger(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Unsafe
Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by popeclave: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Movement
Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by triple996(m): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
shocked
Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by obembet(f): 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
Bayelsa is getting worst everyday cos of this politicians. Just cos of incoming election, all the Nembe village don run away.

Am waiting for wen Nigerians go wake up
Re: Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Military Men In Rivers Communities. by NOwazobia: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
They know who to hold... 🤤

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat / Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre / Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.