Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? (26060 Views)

Benue, Plateau, Kaduna Worst Hit By Religious Killings / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / EFCC Office On Fire, Commission’s Data Centre Worst Hit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Eamee(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
BrokenCondom:
The Korope driver told me this after he needed to explain why i have to pay two times what i pay pre-subsidy removal.

He said they are worst hit by the recent situation.
He calculated 570/186 = 3.09
Whereas he is only billing two times of the old price, that he should be billing 3x or more than that grin

Two hours later i was still disturbed by that assertion, backed by this keke driver who charged two times what was obtainable this same time last year.
So i tried whining my way through his guts...

I asked... How are you guys coping with this subsidy palava?

Although not too confident, he poised Public Transporters are worst hit by the recent economic situation.

Then i asked that question that skipped my thoughts in the Korope,

I said...

"Guy, people wey dey give una money don dey collect double salary"

But the guy's reaction answered me.

Nairaland, who/where is worst hit by the current situations of Nigeria's economy?

Broken Condom
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by BreconHills(m): 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
tuoyoojo:
I have one question for people support this regime

How has this administration favoured you

I truly would like to know

This fuel from 197 to 619 has curtailed any unnecessary waka. Any going out must be purposeful

And is this such a bad thing?
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by yom2(m): 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
BrokenCondom:
The Korope driver told me this after he needed to explain why i have to pay two times what i pay pre-subsidy removal.

Whereas he is only billing two times of the old price, that he should be billing 3x or more than that grin

Two hours later i was still disturbed by that assertion, backed by this keke driver who charged two times what was obtainable this same time last year.

Although not too confident, he poised Public Transporters are worst hit by the recent economic situation.

I said...

Nairaland, who/where is worst hit by the current situations of Nigeria's economy?

Broken Condom
dont mind those guys o . They were already over billing people long before. . They maintain nearly a flat rate for all routes not minding if u are getting down half way and still pick one or two more passengers to fill ur sit before final route destination. They are greedy wicked, babaric and insensitive group of people. Some times they make a U turn before last bus stop and request all passengers to get down not minding that these passengers squeezed themselves to pay d outrageous fares in the first place. They are self centred and lack any sense of empathy or remorse. They jump at d slightest reason to justify and Jack up prices. And even when situation return to normal they will never reverse the increase. The covid 19 event was an example of this. Fares went up then and never returned to previous rates afterwards. Don't pity their crocodile tears o! The only place they deserve pity is the extortion s from several illegal touts

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by emperor4love(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
If u don't liv Nigeria by next year Nigeria will liv u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Lanretoye(m): 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Racoon:
Shege promax mode is still loading. For the agbadorians, it has been wailing, weeping and lamentations over and over.
I think say this one get brain before self,so na only your so-called agbadorians dey buy fuel?,na free dem dey refuel you for station.na una go suffer am pass,see say most of the online beggers here are from your side there.those of your reps and senators are begging for ministerial nomination,some of your brothers here are begging landlord for time to pay.u better own up to reality and stop behaving like someone that is okay so they can help you.you are only fooling your self if you feel the breeze of the situation of this country is blowing in one direction.
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jeposky:
Na my sport bicycle wey I bought during lockdown dey help my movement now. if not, na all my salary I for dey use transport.
Na Lagos?No let danfo push you enter gutter o.
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Onewazobia(m): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
fastseo:
seeing the current crop of leaders we have, you should know that there is no hope in sight in the next 4 years again.

people that are quick to share 2m each just for go home n rest for two weeks. cry while nothing is being done to help the masses. now they are planning to remove the Senate leader for mistakenly exposing them

I know same people that voted them will still vote for the next in line among them who will still inflict pain on them.
let election comes everyone will remember that they need to reward the North that's why they are voting APC. why others will say he is from my tribe, others my state, others my religion.

Thanks for submission
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Bradford111(m): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

I can't remember, but by 2012, I remember always reading post and comments when in school...
I didn't have an account then, saw no need...
Comments suits me just fine...
Recently I decided to open and use it to pass time...
How about you?
Okay nice!

Mine was 2021
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Puss360(f): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Bradford111:

Okay nice!

Mine was 2021
Alright that's fine

1 Like

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by TarantinoEl: 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2023

Purify your listening experience with the boombox bass speakers.

🔋40hrs playtime
✴️ BIG SPEAKERS
🔘Bluetooth 5.1 Speaker
⭕💯Brand new
🌊IPX6 Splash proof protection
🔺Super sounds
🔻Good bass

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

1 Share

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Dreamhighnow(m): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
Wetin dey pain me for this economy na the hike price in olosho

Come be like say them remove olosho subsidy

The average call girl in PH now charges 30k for night

The number of men walking with testis filled with spermatozoa is too much e fit full GP tank

Person go cough or sneeze sperm go come out

You go urinate sperm go come out

Konji just dey use person do rehearsal

They will blame ladies for this again

2 Likes

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

I did not vote for Tinubu, or Obi or even Atiku, before you start.

Obi and Atiku and Tinubu said the same thing. Subsidy has to go. And at the end of the day, that is what is happening.

Even if you bring up Obi's claim that he would remove 50% of subsidy, that means we would still pay higher for fuel , and people would still be complaining well well. GEJ and Buhari were doing similar, and people complained and grumbled then. All our leaders since 1973 did the same thing, and people cried and grumbled well well.

Agreed there would be a lot of goodwill if Obi was elected. That one is certain. But as at May 2023, our debt servicing was eating 90% of our revenue, we were paying for subsidy with borrowed money since 2016 at least, and we were losing billions to smuggling, and so forth.

The issue is, and this goes beyond politics.......we was too broke to keep paying subsidy. We knew that as far back as 2012, which is why the government then wanted to remove subsidy. Nigerians said no then, so here we are.
Building refineries will reduce the cost of fuel.There are illegal charges in Importation of fuel.The NNPC is a corrupt organisation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by nairalanda1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
Princewill1:
OIL SUBSIDY SHOULD BE A RIGHT IN NIGERIA

Is it not idi.otic for politicians in Nigeria to says that corruption in oil subsidy is the main reason they want to end subsidy and the mu.mu masses in Nigeria accepted it. Why not tackle the corruption there first?

All over the world, govts subsidize essential products and basic commodities for it's citizens. Oil producing nations like Algeria, Angola, Libya and Egypt all sell cheaper subsidized fuel in Africa and why are there no corruption in these countries' subsidy?

Subsidized oil should be a fundamental RIGHT in Nigeria because "petro and diesel" are tied to electricity generation in Nigeria. Millions of businesses in Nigeria rely largely on it for power generation and survival. A country that has stable electricity can't remove subsidy and Nigeria with poor power supply will follow suit.

All the political parties in Nigeria brainwashed Nigerians with subsidy removal citing corruption as the reason.

Oil producers like Algeria, Libya, Angola, and Egypt have

1. Smaller populations than our 220 million people. Libya has 8 million people and produces slightly more oil than we do. Divide the income and they have enough left over to eat their cake and have it.

2.Produce more oil or the same amount of oil than we do

3.Have mega diversified economies...Egypt is a tourisim , agro-allied and some industry.

4.Libya and Angola lose billions to fuel smuggling. Libya has even resorted to using airstrikes to stop smugglers. (Something we cannot do here because collateral damage. Libyan smugglers operate in very remote areas).

E get why they can afford subsidies and we cannot. Too many of us, a one track economy, and years of poor governance. If we had a higher income from tax and high income from industrial export, maybe we could afford subsides.

And even then, Angola and Algeria are struggling to pay subsides, and Egypt is phasing out subsides.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Reference(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
BrokenCondom:

I said...

Broken Condom

The simple reason why he had not charged 3x is that gasoline does not constitute 100 percent of his cost.

However inflation is highly economically infectious and invariably other cost items will catch up.

So don't rest just yet. When excess water is released in Laminga, Cameroun, Bayelsans can rest but just for a while. It will eventually come and the effects to the degree of preparation.

So prepare. Your fare will still rise.... later. When mechanics, spare parts dealers, etc begin to factor in their own stress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by nairalanda1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Revolution2022:
Building refineries will reduce the cost of fuel.There are illegal charges in Importation of fuel.The NNPC is a corrupt organisation.

NNPC is repairing its refineries, Dangote and BUA should be coming up, and we have 4-5 other private refineries

Even then, the experts say that if refineries were working, fuel would be N70 less than it is now. There is maintenance cost, upgrade costs, salaries and wages, and a host of other things that need to be paid for.
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Sharpsharp00123: 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
MorataFC:
lies,transpoters are cashing out big time.
This is simple calculation, My 10 liters of petrol before the subsidy was removed is 1950 (195/L) and it covers my trips of N300 per person 5 times with 5 passengers
That is N300 × 5 passengers = 1500
1500 per trip ×5 = 7500
Cost of Fuel 10Litre 1950
Balance 5,550

Current Price
N600 ×5 passengers 3000
N3000 per trip × 5 15,000
Cost of Fuel (10litre) 5700
Balance 9,300
don’t mind d mumu op who no sabi calculations

Na d mods wey push this thing come front page I blame
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

NNPC is repairing its refineries, Dangote and BUA should be coming up, and we have 4-5 other private refineries

Even then, the experts say that if refineries were working, fuel would be N70 less than it is now. There is maintenance cost, upgrade costs, salaries and wages, and a host of other things that need to be paid for.
Are you working for government?These companies have workers who maintains the refineries.Are you telling me the reason for incessant fuel increase is as a result of all those you mentioned or the corrupt NNPC and politicians who are just selfish?

2 Likes

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Danidinho4: 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ask those who didn't vote for Asiwaju.
As for me and my family it's favouring us.
#RenewedShege grin

1 Like

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Davinity: 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:

The number of men walking with testis filled with spermatozoa is too much e fit full GP tank

Even amalakites for Casablanca sef don cost die
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by tesppidd: 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:

grin grin

Dem don ban soapy ni?

1 Like

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by stillseth: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
Mechanics

Shebi na when ppl carry car commot e go get fault.. now ppl hardly take their car out

2 Likes

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by nairalanda1(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
Revolution2022:
Are you working for government?These companies have workers who maintains the refineries.Are you telling me the reason for incessant fuel increase is as a result of all those you mentioned or the corrupt NNPC and politicians who are just selfish?

1.Nope, don't work for govenrment

2. Know some one who works for a company that is working on an NNPC refinery rice now.

3.Fuel price increases is strictly due to subsidy removal. Before, the real price of fuel was increasing, but govenrment was using money to pay for the increases, while we paid subsidized prices. When the cost of subsidy got too much, government would do a partial removal, and then prices will go up. Now that money has gone, so we get the real price

4.Also, we don't earn enough dollars, and dollars are scarce, and pending when the refineries would work. (NNPC is looking at December for Port Harcourt)...we have to import. And we are also STILL SERVICING DEBTS...which reduces the dollar flow. Thus naira weak...prices go up.

I would like it if we could somehow bring subsidy back, but with debt servicing eating 99% of our revenue, and with budget being over-reliant on borrowing, ....

1 Like

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by DenreleDave(m): 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

Obi and Atiku and Tinubu said the same thing. Subsidy has to go. And at the end of the day, that is what is happening.

Even if you bring up Obi's claim that he would remove 50% of subsidy, that means we would still pay higher for fuel , and people would still be complaining well well. GEJ and Buhari were doing similar, and people complained and grumbled then. All our leaders since 1973 did the same thing, and people cried and grumbled well well.

Agreed there would be a lot of goodwill if Obi was elected. That one is certain. But as at May 2023, our debt servicing was eating 90% of our revenue, we were paying for subsidy with borrowed money since 2016 at least, and we were losing billions to smuggling, and so forth.

The issue is, and this goes beyond politics.......we was too broke to keep paying subsidy. We knew that as far back as 2012, which is why the government then wanted to remove subsidy. Nigerians said no then, so here we are.

God bless you for educating the half baked illiterate

As bad as it is, honestly, subsidy has to go.
What we shud be concerned now is having a refinery, mobbing nnpc and their cronies who still want to eat and not get satisfied, create relief for citizens affected and provide more jobs

1 Like

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by DenreleDave(m): 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
Revolution2022:

Thank you. You said my mind.

Nnpc needs to be flushed out... They are the most corrupt organization making things hard for us before govt and politicians

1 Like

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Reference(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
stillseth:
Mechanics

Shebi na when ppl carry car commot e go get fault.. now ppl hardly take their car out

So the mechanics will raise the cost of their services to make up for sales loss ontop of their own struggles with price rises.

It is a vicious cycle of poverty.
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by zoomman(m): 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
tuoyoojo:
I have one question for people support this regime

How has this administration favoured you

I truly would like to know

This fuel from 197 to 619 has curtailed any unnecessary waka. Any going out must be purposeful

the 619 you mentioned reminds me of Rey Mysterio of WWE, but to be sincere, nobody in his or her wildest dream will ever see this coming.

Only God can help us.

1 Like

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by moshuur(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
zinaunreal:
This 8k I mine suppose sustain me till I figure out how to japa . Wahala for those wey no dey do crypto

boss...my pi browser is not working.
it writes this page could not be loaded.
pls any recommendation?
I wan sell my pi....but I've been unable to sell
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by RoadMozart(m): 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:

If I die like this make nobody waste any money for autopsy

Na konji kill me

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

After hustling for years, most men no dey fine again na...
But I dey handsome oooo!
The problem be say I don marry. If not, I for shoot my shot oo.
I think we might be compatible!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by egopersonified(f): 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

Are we not also too broke to have so many politicians on our payroll. Why can't we cut the cost of governance in half, audit and monitor every single revenue to federal and state accounts, eliminate unnecessary projects in all sectors, while also removing fuel subsidy

4 Likes

Re: Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria? by surgical: 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Is it true that Tinubu claimed he built Lagos but when they asked him to build Nigeria, the cement finished?
just like fashola, when the moment of truth comes at the center, they are exposed for who they are empty lying propagandist,They have nothing to offer except strategy in thugs and election ringing, including bribery and corruption, that is where they excel, anything aside that na zero
See for yourself now ,their oga papa performance be like kindergarten performance tue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Others In Kano For Yusuf Buhari Wedding / Ekiti Bars Fayemi, Other From Holding Public Offices In State / Bayelsa Workers Protest With Coffin Against Governor Dickson (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.