Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? (3627 Views)

Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? / Shock As Nun Rushed To Hospital With Stomach Pains Gives Birth To Baby Boy / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2007
angry angry angry so u don't know ur wife is an animal, as we all know science prove that we are higher animal, so u are a male gorilla so am i and all of us thanks.
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by tommyex(m): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2007
SPOILT

U R REALLY SPOILT(that was funny)

MELLOW

HELP ME 2 DEY WONDER WHO DEM COMPLAIAN 4 OO

ORACLE

FROM UR ID,Y NOT CONSULT URSELF(D ORACLE),I HAVE D UNCANNY ABILITY 2 TALK 2 LIONS SHA,I CAN SEND DEM 2 U 4 COMPANY IF U CARE
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by tommyex(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2007
i meant complain
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by KAG: 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2007
Purist:

@ topic

This is one relevant question that I once used to ponder on sometimes ago.

I think many of us here are looking at this from an entirely different perspective. If you understand the poster's question very well, you'll notice that he's not actually asking 'why' animals experience birth pains - in respect of the naturalness of the phenomenon; but he's asking 'why' - in respect of what the Bible tells us on the real cause of Birth pains. Allow me to expound on his question:

Since the Bible tells us that Birth Pains is one of the woman's punishments for eating out of the forbidden fruit, then why do animals - who did not eat out of the fruit - also suffer birth pains, if we're to really go by what the Bible tells us?

Of course, I understand perfectly the scientific (logical, actually) explanation given for this, which is the most rational explanation for the cause of birth pains. But this explanation renders the Biblical explanation completely invalid, hence absolutely impertinent, and consequently, making the Holy Book seem unreliable.

So, anyone to elucidate this?

Maybe the Adam and Even narrative wasn't intended as a literal, historical account?

mellow:

Sorry to ask but who did the Animals complain to

that they are having bith pains?
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

When an animal is screaming in apparent agony, looks like it is crying or even possibly dies after appearing to be in excruciating pain, then it's likely that people don't need to be told.

In any case, I suggest people look up the female spotted hyena and their pregnancy woes _ I wonder who the Eve of spotted hyenas pissed off, and what she did.
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by MisterMan(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2007
spoilt:

They have birth pains because after Adam and Eve ate the apple and threw away the core, the animals ate and pecked at the remnants! grin grin grin

That's really very funny of you cheesy cheesy
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by honeric01(m): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2007
funny, well how did you know they feel pains when they are about putting to bed?
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by uchemen: 3:54am On Sep 22, 2007
hello wake man this a natural occurance, do u expect male u give birth and experience pain
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by Purist(m): 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2007
KAG:

Maybe the Adam and Even narrative wasn't intended as a literal, historical account?

Perhaps; and I really would have loved to believe that as well.

But subsequent events in book of Genesis show that it really was intended as a literal, historical account.
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by TayoD1(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2007
@Purist,

This is one relevant question that I once used to ponder on sometimes ago.

I think many of us here are looking at this from an entirely different perspective.  If you understand the poster's question very well, you'll notice that he's not actually asking 'why' animals experience birth pains - in respect of the naturalness of the phenomenon; but he's asking 'why' - in respect of what the Bible tells us on the real cause of Birth pains.  Allow me to expound on his question:

Since the Bible tells us that Birth Pains is one of the woman's punishments for eating out of the forbidden fruit, then why do animals - who did not eat out of the fruit - also suffer birth pains, if we're to really go by what the Bible tells us?

Of course, I understand perfectly the scientific (logical, actually) explanation given for this, which is the most rational explanation for the cause of birth pains.  But this explanation renders the Biblical explanation completely invalid, hence absolutely impertinent, and consequently, making the Holy Book seem unreliable.

So, anyone to elucidate this?

Let me attempt to provide you with some answers. I am surprised also that many have not addressed the core issue raised by the Poster.

I am not surprised by the birth pains experienced by animals. The NT clearly states this obvious facts in Romans 8: 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. In other words, the fall of man affected everything under the dominion of man.

My understanding of the Bible suggests that before the fall, animals could speak and were all herbivores. The fall of man caused things to change such that the animals are now against man and some eat flesh. All this will be corrected in the millenial kingdom where the Bible teaches that lion and th lamb will lie down together with none eating the other. So you see, Adam's fall reached and affected a lot of things, even in heaven. That is why we are told in scipture that the blood of Jesus was needed to purify things in heaven as well. Hebrews 9:23 - It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by Purist(m): 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2007
Impressive. This is the most "Christian" explanation on this topic that I've come across so far.

Thanks for that piece, bro. wink
Re: Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? by Rapsody(m): 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2007
God bless u ,brother Tayo! U be man wey sabi.Abeg dey help us pray 4 sista enitan,e be like say she don overbackslide,oh!

@spoilt
kai! U this gal! I like ya sense of humour.That ya post go enter nite of a thousand laffs.Yeye gal!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. David Sheds Some Light. . . Golgotha And Divinity. . . / Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church / Seed Of Destiny Daily Devotional By Pastor Paul Eneche 20 JULY 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.