Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze (7078 Views)

CCT: PDP Will Produce Saraki’s Successor If…- Senator Ordia / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator / All Four Refineries Will Produce Only 19 Million Litres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by dagboss(m): 10:46am On Oct 13, 2011
Well since we have decided to sacrifice competence for Geo-political preference , i agree with the Ohaneze for equity sake, but it has to be that urbane, suave, decent and affable technocrat Emeka Anyaoku otherwise the baton will b e dropped by the Igbos, because i don't see any Igboman that can match his pedigree  and world wide reputation and as for mama Iweala, is Naija ready for a female presido? Maybe if the satanic prediction of America does not come to pass in 2015
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by chakula: 10:54am On Oct 13, 2011
What was the condition behind the Igbo couldn't rule Nigeria I thought they are also part of the citizens aided towards the development sad of the Nation. Shouldn't they?
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by martin2699: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2011
When I read things like this, I only shake my head in pity for Nigeria. Ethnicity in everything. I will always say it that as long as we keep talking about Ndigbo, Ndihausa, Ndiyoruba,, Ndinkaa, Ndinkaa, we will never be one. We are too concious of our ethnic backgrounds in this country to the point that it affects our judgement in everything we do.

It is a good thing to be able to trace your roots but we have it at a greater cost.
You want to fill out WAEC,JAMB,or job applications and you have to specify your state of origin. Why? Does your state of origin say anything about your possible skills?

Picture a Nigeria where an Igbo is the governor in the north, a yoruba governing a state in the east, an Hausa in thr southsouth,
Picture a Nigeria.(if you think tjis is abominable then u r one of Nigeria's biggest problems)

When we start to achieve such ethnic blend and balance, nobody will come here to talk about Ndigbo, Afenifere, Nobody will come on Nairaland to say he didnt get a job at XYZ ltd due to quota system. When we achieve this you can look back to the day you read this text and say 'oh in those days we used to be disunited but now we are one' I pray that one day we can say this and if not I hope that obe day our children or children's children will only learn about our disunity in the history books.
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by born2boink(m): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2011
if I Ndibo abi wetin them call am produces president in 2015 and people refuses to vote for him, would they use the power of force. they should seek help from Obasanjo to gain advantages in PDP or ACN party. at least they produced Chris Okotie but no ones vote for him , abi him bi hausa man?
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by baslone: 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2011
Uzor Kalu at last!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by BetaThings: 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2011
Blacktribe:

Why ar we afraid of an Igbo man being de president of dis country, let's give them their turn.

Because

nagoma:

The Ndigbo confuse us one minute they want a Sovereign State of Biafra and the next minute they want to produce a President for Nigeria. [s]How can a Biafran (a foreigner ) be the president of Nigeria[/s]. Please be consistent.

2 Issues:
(a) Late last year, most of the people from SE shouted that no we should not select president on the basis of zoning
We were told we should imagine the calamity if we selected members of the Eagles based on zoning
They declared zoning unconstitutional
Now what has changed?

Are we to suffer amnesia, forget the argument and assume the new argument is patriotic?

(b) The South has always argued that the North monopolised power.
I agreed and supported power shift to the South in 1999
But it looks like the South does not mind monopolising power
1999-2015 = 16 years, South 13, North 3
Yet South still want an additional 8 or 12 (Jonathan 2nd term and SE 2 terms)
This would add up to 21 or 25 years within a 24 or 28-year period
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^ Sounds about right considering the north ruled dis country(Nigeria) for more than Four decades, the southeast none.
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by Hedgefund: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2011
Yoruba's have never produced a president.

We wanted Obafemi Awolowo, Nigerians cheated him
We wanted Olu Falae, Nigerians vetoed him
We wanted Abiola, Nigerians killed him

Instead, they imposed our non and least credible candidates, folks that couldn't win on our own SW soil
Obasanjo, and Shonekan (if you can call that a presidency)

At least the East have produced
Nnamdi Azikiwe
Aguiyi Ironsi

In fact, it was the East and North that voted for Obasanjo, the SW rejected him
The North, they have chanced all of us and still chancing,

So in 2015, if the East want the presidency, the North and SW can only vote for a personality comparable to Ibori or Alams. hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by hakanai(m): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^^
BetaThings:

Because

2 Issues:
(a) Late last year, most of the people from SE shouted that no we should not select president on the basis of zoning
We were told we should imagine the calamity if we selected members of the Eagles based on zoning
They declared zoning unconstitutional
Now what has changed?

Are we to suffer amnesia, forget the argument and assume the new argument is patriotic?

(b) The South has always argued that the North monopolised power.
I agreed and supported power shift to the South in 1999
But it looks like the South does not mind monopolising power
1999-2015 = 16 years, South 13, North 3
Yet South still want an additional 8 or 12 (Jonathan 2nd term and SE 2 terms)
This would add up to 21 or 25 years within a 24 or 28-year period

^^^ what else ma guy.Its called magu magu and typical of a hypocrite who can't keep to agreements or stick to fairness.They sang all over that its about best candidate and scrapped an agreement they are all aware and consented to in secrecy.
Now the issue of being voted on such a reason,long discredited and despise is being applied to another party or group of people.I doubt much if such terms would hold water again.Zoning and tribal excuses are not merits to aspire to rule Naija again.Make una bring us candidates that can deliver nationally.Otherwise shut-up and keep voting.
Anyway Kudos to them(ohaneze) from being diplomatic in there approach and non confrontational sha!!!

No zoning!! No Ethno/religious voting and No Stupidity while choosing candidates.Let merits and what they stand to do for Nigeria speak for them.Right now i see candidates from the NC,SW and NE being more active
No Igbo yet in power na lie sha.what of GEJ nko!!!remember he is your cousin and even named Azikiwe.Given an Igbo title that makes him a guardian.Also Azikiwe and Ironsi led this country all Igbos.Ojukwu too only that is was his part of the country.Lets rotate abeg. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
All have tested power lets just cut that crap and vote in good hands period.[b]Nothing like Igbo president again get it into your brains.We need Nigerian President!!!!!!![/b]
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by nolongTing: 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nigerian political system needs a massive paradigm shift; a call for the Ndigbo president is just another way to prolong the political decadence in Nigeria.

Obasanjo, Yaradua (RIP) and GEJ were (are) all a waste; infact IBB, Buhari, Shagari, … the ruling class of Nigeria are a joke.

So what do we have? We have some Young fresh Nigerians with proven track records: Fashola, Iweala and Ribadu I think all 3 should be given a chance at the presidency in that order with a VP of their choice.

However while Fashola completes 2 terms Iweala and Ribadu have to govern a STATE and transform it as a test run, otherwise we will have to find another talented Nigerian.
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2011
nolongTing:

Nigerian political system needs a massive paradigm shift; a call for the Ndigbo president is just another way to prolong the political decadence in Nigeria. 

Obasanjo, Yaradua (RIP) and GEJ were (are) all a waste; infact IBB, Buhari, Shagari, … the ruling class of Nigeria are a joke.

So what do we have? We have some Young fresh Nigerians with proven track records: Fashola, Iweala and Ribadu I think all 3 should be given a chance at the presidency in that order with a VP of their choice.

However while Fashola completes 2 terms Iweala and Ribadu have to govern a STATE and transform it as a test run, otherwise we will have to find another talented Nigerian.

Gov Chime Sullivan has done a far better job in transforming a rural state to an urban metropolitan city. Let Nigerians give him a chance at the Presidency and see exactly wat he can do to transform the fortunes of this country. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734874.0.html
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by BetaThings: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

^^ Sounds about right considering the north ruled dis country(Nigeria) for more than Four decades, the southeast none.
So you think going by this vindictive spirit, there would have been peace in South Africa?
I actually thought that if the North had been selfish but repented and decided to draw a line in 1999, the South should have reciprocated
If you are going to assume office based on vindictiveness, it would be harder to get support

BTW does it occur to you that SE and SS buried zoning which if upheld would not have necessitated what Ohaneze is asking for
2015 would have automatically gone to SE

But then we are not God
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by namfav(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2011
they dont have good enough candidates, i dont trust that they can keep nigeria together
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^Much berra CANDIDATES dan SLS.  grin grin grin
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by PointB: 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2011
namfav:

they dont have good enough candidates, i dont trust that they can keep nigeria together

The irony is that the SE actually have better candidates than the north. the only other candidate good enough for 2015 would be from the SW.
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2011
BetaThings:

So you think going by this vindictive spirit, there would have been peace in South Africa?
I actually thought that if the North had been selfish but repented and decided to draw a line in 1999, the South should have reciprocated
If you are going to assume office based on vindictiveness, it would be harder to get support

BTW does it occur to you that SE and SS buried zoning which if upheld would not have necessitated what Ohaneze is asking for
2015 would have automatically gone to SE

But then we are not God
Zoning was not binding or constitutional. It was merely an informal arrangement. 2015 should go to the south-east and thereafter moved to another one of the six regions in our Nigeria family. This entity called Nigeria requires validation and 2015 is the time.
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by BetaThings: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
haka_nai:

Anyway Kudos to them(ohaneze) from being diplomatic in there approach and non confrontational sha!!!

[/b][/b]

Don't be deceived. Senator Chukwumerije is already inciting them to violence

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/21270-boko-haram-is-battle-for-2015-says-chukwumerije.html

Chukwumerije said: “The issue of militancy in the Niger Delta has yielded them (the Southsouth) the presidency. If you watch what is going on now, the politicised illegal activities of Boko Haram are a proper determination to win the second round of presidential election in 2015”.
He accused other ethnic groups of using similar organizations, such as the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), to win the presidency.
He cited the OPC, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) and other youth groups in the Niger Delta as vehicles used by the Yoruba and the Niger Delta to win power.

The Abia senator urged Ndigbo to support MASSOB as a veritable youth group that will work towards achieving the cause of Igbo presidency.
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by BetaThings: 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Zoning was not binding or constitutional. It was merely an informal arrangement. 2015 should go to the south-east and thereafter moved to another one of the six regions in our Nigeria family. This entity called Nigeria requires validation and 2015 is the time.
Zoning was binding on PDP members. It was in their constitution. Remember that it was tested in a Nigerian court?
It is actually constitutional!
Saying it should be validated in 2015 with SE taking the first shot already barricades the argument
Indeed if there is anything to be validated, it is the commitment of SE to agreements.
I am saying this not because I dislike the SE, but to draw your attention to issues that might affect SE's quest
I have no doubt in my mind that were Yaradua alive and healthy and running a 2nd term, everybody would be courting SE candidates now
BTW I don't want a woman president. Even if they zoned it to SE and SE came up with a woman, I would void my vote
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^Was that the reason OBJ bypassed the one term arrangement for a second term and even aspired for a third. The original arrangement was one term for each zone to solidify our young democracy and strengthen our union as a nation.

This Presidency would have gone round all the region as of now and Nigeria would have been stronger and better for it, rather than this are we breaking up 2015 or not.
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by BetaThings: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^^
You are changing the argument
I cannot confirm that Obj bypassed it
But if he did, the SE still voted for him
So if zoning is not binding, is unconstitutional, and informal why does SE now want it.
Every zone should be free to take a shot at it. Ohaneze should then be forging alliances etc now
Then it means that if SE does not get the presidency 2015, it is not a big deal
It has nothing to do with Nigeria as a united nation
And it neither validates nor revalidates the entity called Nigeria
But you are changing the argument
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by aljharem3: 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2011
BetaThings:

Zoning was binding on PDP members. It was in their constitution. Remember that it was tested in a Nigerian court?
It is actually constitutional!
Saying it should be validated in 2015 with SE taking the first shot already barricades the argument
Indeed if there is anything to be validated, it is the commitment of SE to agreements.
I am saying this not because I dislike the SE, but to draw your attention to issues that might affect SE's quest
I have no doubt in my mind that were Yaradua alive and healthy and running a 2nd term, everybody would be courting SE candidates now
BTW I don't want a woman president. Even if they zoned it to SE and SE came up with a woman, I would void my vote

Ha, same here but they would call you a sexist
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by BetaThings: 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^^
1. Being called names does not bother me in the least. Just like I don't believe g.ay.s have any rights. They have only what we indulge
2. It would be folly on their part
As soon as they call me that, then the candidate would have a monumental problem
I would spend money to mobilise against the female candidate
We would not rest the candidate loses or is impeached
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2011
BetaThings:

^^^
You are changing the argument
I cannot confirm that Obj bypassed it
But if he did, the SE still voted for him
So if zoning is not binding, is unconstitutional, and informal why does SE now want it.
Every zone should be free to take a shot at it. Ohaneze should then be forging alliances etc now
Then it means that if SE does not get the presidency 2015, it is not a big deal
It has nothing to do with Nigeria as a united nation
And it neither validates nor revalidates the entity called Nigeria
But you are changing the argument

One, the Obj election was marred by allegations of rigging, hence we don't know if any region actually voted for him. Secondly, Every zone is free to take a shot at the 2015 presidency, that is democracy and south-east not winning won't be the end. Thirdly the entity called Nigeria needs to be validated becos it's current expiring date according to those behind it's inception or amalgamation is 2015. It's original founding fathers need to close ranks and chart a better route for Nigeria their Child. Let us not miss 2015 but be reborn.
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by seanet02: 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2011
Dreams cheesy Dreams cheesy Dreams embarassed
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by BetaThings: 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

One, the Obj election was marred by allegations of rigging, hence we don't know if any region actually voted for him. Secondly, Every zone is free to take a shot at the 2015 presidency, that is democracy and south-east not winning won't be the end. Thirdly the entity called Nigeria needs to be validated becos it's current expiring date according to those behind it's inception or amalgamation is 2015. It's original founding fathers need to close ranks and chart a better route for Nigeria their Child. Let us not miss 2015 but be reborn.

Rigging or not, SE would not vote for Buhari ahead of Obasanjo (2003)
They would not abandon PDP (Obasanjo) for ANPP (Buhari)
SE has always tried to play mainstream politics or try to allign with the centre

I don't accord "those behind Nigeria's inception or amalgamation is 2015" any special political regard
They are rabble rouser in terms of politics
The Chinese have demystified them
SE is a crucial part of Nigeria, but have always kept an eye on the exit door
That is the major problem
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by oneking(m): 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2011
igbo phobia  ;d ;d ;d
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by seanet02: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
Dream onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by oneking(m): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2011
Comes trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by oneking(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2011
Respect the Igbo man .
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by kokoA(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2011
You don't become president on Newspaper pages undecided
Re: Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2011
BetaThings:

Rigging or not, SE would not vote for Buhari ahead of Obasanjo (2003)
They would not abandon PDP (Obasanjo) for ANPP (Buhari)
SE has always tried to play mainstream politics or try to allign with the centre

I don't accord "those behind Nigeria's inception or amalgamation is 2015" any special political regard
They are rabble rouser in terms of politics
The Chinese have demystified them
SE is a crucial part of Nigeria, but have always kept an eye on the exit door
That is the major problem

I very much doubt SE would exit Nigeria once in governance. That is unheard of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meaning Of Names Of 7 Igbo Governors, S/east, South / See How This Sokoto APC Senator Who Just Decamped To PDP Was Recieved In Sokoto / Breaking: Nnamdi Kanu Bans Movement Of Vehicle In Anambra From 12am-5am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.