Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) (47205 Views)

Labour Declares Nationwide Protest Over Hardship / Ignore Nationwide Protests Over Hardship At Your Peril - Salihu Mohammed Lukman / Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Tife2088(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
DenreleDave:
grin grin

People wey no get job dey protest, oil worker sef dey protest..

Nawa for this country ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Tife2088(m): 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
Billmos:
If oil workers dey feels heat what will teachers do? This life no balance
Don't mind those people
Let them ask the teacher working hard everyday or a labourer and they will cry ๐Ÿ˜ข blood when hearing their stories
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by toprealman: 9:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
Why crop your face off?
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by papyjaypaul: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nigerians instead of fixing Nigeria will think they can escape Nigeria in Nigeria. Politicans go keep money nd children for abroad but road,healt education go sufa. elites go think say dem ft xcape 9ja, snd pikin abroad make nigeria de bleed. now every mam de collect
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Mayeldah(m): 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
Big loaf Bread is now N1,500

Are Ebolans still standing or kneeling on Balablu's mandate?
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by BALLOSKI: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
horsepower102:
If oil workers are protesting, then itโ€™s over.
grin grin
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by GUNITGuy: 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
ofuonyebi:
thieves & barawos...under the cover of officials
NNPC has for long remained the most corrupt agency and problem of Nigeria
just one day...nemesis go catch up with you

so, stop shedding crocodile tears to further deceive innocent Nigerians
Don't mind them as if they are not privy to the rot that goes on in the system as it's been done in Niger....
Export crude by foreign companies through bad leadership and make sure they never have the discipline to own a refinery through government/business men Corruption
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by davosea(m): 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hmm yeah pour:-P out little liquor.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Allisgud: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
They should resign make another set of jobless people test money,if they are complaining wetin Dem want factory workers to do
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by symbianDON(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
horsepower102:
If oil workers are protesting, then itโ€™s over.
imagine o!! And some broke arse dolts are here on nairaland supporting this evil government everyday.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Fantastictelem: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Their number 1 reason for the protest is one of the major reasons for the continuous devaluation of our currency. Almost everyone in Nigeria wants to sponsor their children to school abroad.
Our production activities have gone down and we want government to strengthen naira, a task that will be difficult to achieve if we don't change our attitude. Government should ensure dollar available is prioritized for petroleum products, industrial raw materials and drugs

2 Likes

Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by BoldBrainz(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
Bobbiee:

GOD WILL PUNISH YOU AND YOUR GENERATION. MAY YOUR WIFE AND CHILDREN BE BARREN. MAY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE BE FULL OF MISERY. IDIOT

If curses and prayers worked, Buhari would have long been a dead man.๐Ÿ˜‚.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by walozanga(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
Kingsmeal:
This is a sad situation. Everyone is "peeling" the heat

Emilokan Emilokan, now you wan carry us enter well
LOL, something wey 9ja don enter already
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Melagros(m): 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:
If they don't want to work, they should resign. We can replace them for half the remunerations they're currently being paid.๐Ÿ˜.
You de mind them
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Bobbiee: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
GOD WILL PUNISH ALL YORUBA AND NORTHERN PEOPLE THAT SUPPORTED TINUBU AND HIS ILK. THEY AND THEIR CHILDREN ARE CURSED FOREVER. MAY THEIR WIFE AND CHILDREN BE BARREN. MAY THE REST OF THEIR LIFE BE FULL OF MISERY. MAY THEY NEVER REAP THE FRUIT OF THEIR WOMB. MAY BAD LUCK FOLLOW THEM ALL THE REST OF THEIR LIFE. MAY THEY WATCH WHILE EVERYONE ELSE PROGRESS LEAVING THEM BEHIND. THEY SHALL BECOME UNFORTUNATE AND ONLY WHEN THEY ARE SECONDS FROM DEATH WILL THEY KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOD. I KNOW THAT MY GOD IN HEAVEN WILL ANSWER MY PRAYERS. AMEN.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by prizeless(m): 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
How is Buhari vindicated? Is Jagavan not building on the scattering OMB caused
Taylor90:
Buhari has been obviously vindicated

I was thinking Buhari was even worse not knowing Ebola was inside incubator waiting to strike

Just 2 months plus this baboon of a drug frog has crippled and plunged Nigeria to irredeemable stage 6 cancer

Imagine shell workers complaining

Whatโ€™s now left for a common man
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Eriokanmi: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

There's no certification in the world that is held by a single individual. Where these ones have been to learn and gather the requisite knowledge, loads of other people have done same. Should those workers up and resign en-mass, there'll be replacements for them in less than a week. There'll just be the matter of the needed training.

It's rather you who's reasoning like a brain that hasn't left the confines of a damp village hut.
CCIE isn't in Africa yet. Its a lab-based IT certification, the closest region where you can take it is Dubai. Anyone holding that would first find out why the former employee leflt his/her position. They don't struggle to get employed and they're indispensable. There's another one from Holland who's at NLNG at bonny. That one earns 8m naira plus monthly, excluding other benefits.

Stop acting like an illiterate. There are some comments you keep quiet over, if you don't understand how to respond.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Nelson9999: 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
If you no go, you no go know.
Kenmatt:
The so called protest is whitewashing.

Those guys that are paid in dollars.

Man on the Street is crying.
Men on the Suit are acting.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:
If they don't want to work, they should resign. We can replace them for half the remunerations they're currently being paid.๐Ÿ˜.

That's a "monkey banana" mindset.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by nedekid: 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Just imagine if shell workers are protesting. Who are we then?
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by BoldBrainz(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Eriokanmi:
CCIE isn't in Africa yet. Its a lab-based IT certification, the closest region where you can take it is Dubai. Anyone holding that would first find out why the former employee leflt his/her position. They don't struggle to get employed and they're indispensable. There's another one from Holland who's at NLNG at bonny. That one earns 8m naira plus monthly, excluding other benefits.

Stop acting like an illiterate. There are some comments you keep quiet over, if you don't understand how to respond.

๐Ÿ˜‚.
What you just typed, how different is it from my comment you quoted?
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by BoldBrainz(m): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Tealcrestmedia:

That's a "monkey banana" mindset.

And I do love bananas.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Calitoscassius(m): 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You clearly have a hard time recognising sarcasm even if it slaps you hard on the face.
You are correct!.i couldn't, i like things explained to me the way i can understand it i am not into sacarsms especially if it is a physical assault on me (slap me hard on the face)
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Bigchristo: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Your point of view doesnโ€™t change the fact that theres hardship currently due to fuel subsidy removal Salaries and benefits should also increase
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by fxexperts: 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Imagine look at person that wants to replace expert workers. Oboy if they employ you to replace those workers today trust me you and those your civil servant workers will burn down the entire platform in less down 24hrs. do you think those guys are a joke. do you even know how to apply what you studied in school, as a matter of fact did you even study anything in your Nigerian university.

BoldBrainz:

There's no certification in the world that is held by a single individual. Where these ones have been to learn and gather the requisite knowledge, loads of other people have done same. Should those workers up and resign en-mass, there'll be replacements for them in less than a week. There'll just be the matter of the needed training.

It's rather you who's reasoning like a brain that hasn't left the confines of a damp village hut.
If you posses any of these certificates those guys have and you have gone through the trainers then you will not be jobless right now. and you will not have this mentality of earning half of what is deserving for the role the already occupy. If i tell you that most of these shell guys resign from shell to other companies like total because of pay rise. and for your info some of these certificates runs into millions so only few people have them that is why they are scarce.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by viceddy95(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
Religiously1:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy
Acct num: Oyom Ubi
G.TBank
Just keep opening new account every day to scam people of their hard earned moneyโ€ฆidiot na you beโ€ฆ
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by BoldBrainz(m): 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
fxexperts:
Imagine look at person that wants to replace expert workers. Oboy if they employ you to replace those workers today trust me you and those your civil servant workers will burn down the entire platform in less down 24hrs. do you think those guys are a joke. do you even know how to apply what you studied in school, as a matter of fact did you even study anything in your Nigerian university.

If you posses any of these certificates those guys have and you have gone through the trainers then you will not be jobless right now. and you will not have this mentality of earning half of what is deserving for the role the already occupy. If i tell you that most of these shell guys resign from shell to other companies like total because of pay rise. and for your info some of these certificates runs into millions so only few people have them that is why they are scarce.

LMAO!
You may be right about a thing or two. That remains to be seen though. What I'm however curious about is, do you suppose you're more employed and well-to-do than I am? Or do you somehow reckon that you're more properly placed in the societal scheme of things, to offer quality expertise drawn from accumulated knowledge and experiences, than I am wont to do?

You nairalanders are a weird lot. Nothing passes for humour on here anymore. Someone half-heartedly throws words meant to elicit smiles here and there, and y'all will just lay your mats and begin to reel out your family histories..๐Ÿ˜‚.

You must think life's as impossible for everyone as it clearly is for you. Cause if that wasn't the case, you'll learn to ease off, smile a little, have some fun, relate nicely with strangers, or probably mind that which most certainly resembles your business.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Yankee101: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Their colleagues abroad have salaries pegged to the dollars, so why not so for Nigerian workers?
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by colonelwealth(m): 1:16am On Aug 16, 2023
BoldBrainz:

What a senseless and rubbish talk.
Your type talk without reason and wicked in dealing with people.

Since when has asking for a pay raise that is justifiable based on current economics realities in the country become a crime?

Do you know the hazard these men go through or the effort they put in their jobs to help Shell Intl succeed..?

If your type heads any organization, you will want to enslave people& perpetrate evil on them and such evil people don't last.

Your type will want to short change people and pay them peanuts for their efforts, while you over work them, take most of the benefits from the job and still expect them to worship you on top.

Quality, dedicated, experienced and goal oriented staff are very hard to replace no matter the job type and level.

If you have nothing reasonable to say, go to sleep!
I hate nonsense

1 Like

Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by MrsTwrite(f): 2:30am On Aug 16, 2023
Them never see anything.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by eteba(m): 6:05am On Aug 16, 2023
These are contract staff, their pay is peanut.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of PDP Campaign Rally In Kebbi State / Dino Melaye Exposes 'Kogi Government Thugs' (Photos) / Actor & Musician, King Zealot Arrested, Paraded As ESN Operative (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.