Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) (47204 Views)

Labour Declares Nationwide Protest Over Hardship / Ignore Nationwide Protests Over Hardship At Your Peril - Salihu Mohammed Lukman / Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by djseanjohn77: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2023
Kingsmeal:

https://twitter.com/Morris_Monye/status/1691426438799400960?t=7efe0NWAmNOW37QNodci8g&s=19

I only see the big guns benefitting from the milking of Nigeria through subsidy at work. Shell workers are well paid, and should never have to come out to complain. All they need do is cut down on their living cost, prioritise what is necessary. But we all know how these people live.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by phkka1(m): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2023
If it were to be possible, I would have suggested that Obi and Atiku should withdraw their cases from the court and allow us Nigerians test the EbolaTin for the next four years.
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by gforce5: 10:20am On Aug 16, 2023
I don't comment on political issues online but if workers in multinational companies like Shell can be complaining about declining standards of living, then we have a serious problem. They are among the highest paid workers in Nigeria. Only NNPC and a few other organizations pay higher wages than Shell as far as Nigeria is concerned.

Let me tell you all the blunt reality of things: The policies of this administration and its predecessor has not only decimated the middle class but now many Nigerians have now been humbled economically. Many top shots have realized that they are not as rich as they thought they are. The supposed "middle class" have been living a middle class lifestyle on a working class salary. The only people who have managed to prosper in the past couple of years are forex traders, politicians, SANS with political affiliations, those who are doing business internationally and government contractors. Everybody else is feeling the heat. Social media has deceived people that many Nigerians are balling. Many are living a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
Buhari has been obviously vindicated

I was thinking Buhari was even worse not knowing Ebola was inside incubator waiting to strike

Just 2 months plus this baboon of a drug frog has crippled and plunged Nigeria to irredeemable stage 6 cancer

Imagine shell workers complaining

What’s now left for a common man
Didn't you see from frying pan into fire memes?
Re: Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) by WealthyNigerian: 11:35am On Dec 04, 2023

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of PDP Campaign Rally In Kebbi State / Actor & Musician, King Zealot Arrested, Paraded As ESN Operative (Pictures) / Dino Melaye Exposes 'Kogi Government Thugs' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.