Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,263 members, 7,846,234 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

THE GHOST ( A Story Of Pain, Trust, Betrayal And Sorrow) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE GHOST ( A Story Of Pain, Trust, Betrayal And Sorrow) (234 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE GHOST ( A Story Of Pain, Trust, Betrayal And Sorrow) by kingot(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
I just gained admission into the university after three years of writing and failing jamb. I was excited more than anyone else, if no for anything but for the fact that they'll stop sending me to buy Maggi at home and stressing my destiny in the name of washing plates.
Everything is already set for me. My father as a rich man already secured a house close to my school. What makes it so unique is that am the only one that gets to leave in the house and compound. it's just two flats. Downstairs is my flat and upstairs is for the landlord and his son.
I got to school finally, my parents took me to school in their car. From Lagos to Enugu State, as per rich man pikin. We found out that the Landlord travelled on a business journey and will be back in two weeks time. Only me go dey house till then, surplus enjoyment.
As i was about entering inside, my mother starts crying... I went back and hug her and she told me that she'll miss me so much. Me sef reply am say i go miss am and i no fit wait make i return, but deep down, i no want make school finish...The werey woman want make i come back con continue to dey wash plates and buy Maggi for am.
We bid each other farewell as i entered inside. I got in and met a strange boy smiling and waiting for me at your doorstep. Him too sef carry hin own bag. We exchanged greetings and he introduced himself as landlord son... He went on to say that his father told him to stay with me until his return, because he doesn't want him to turn their house to club.
As i was about to enter, i saw a necklace on my doorstep. E be like something wey mistakenly drop from landlord bag abi pocket. I picked it up and threw it into landlord's balcony. Landlord son con hail me say i go fit as basketball player.
The both of us laugh and i invited him inside. "Can we be friends?" he asked me. I replied him, "yeah, sure" and we shook hands. My first ever friend in school.
Days passed by and i've been going to school, making new friends and enjoying my freedom. At home, landlord son, Felix was the chef. His indomie always made me hungry for more, His Jollof rice will leave my mouth watery, his beans na heaven recipe he use cook am. I was responsible for the drinks and other casual stuffs.
We eventually became closer. He was more like a brother to me now. Sometimes when i don't feel like eating, he'd force me while saying he wants me to add body a little. He doesn't like the way that am Iean. Awwnn, he cares a lot.
At a point, i con dey think say na gay, con even ask am hin status to be sure. He laughed hard and replied that he's as straight as a ruIer and i shouldn't let the way he acts, bother me. He explains to me that he's responsible for whatever that happens to me and is preparing me before his father returns.
It's almost two weeks and landlord will return anytime soon. I was in the room eating the rice Felix prepared, when my phone rang. It's an unknown number but i picked it regardless.
Unknown number; Hello
Me; Hello, who's this?
Number: It's the landlord... Please am I speaking with the new student that wants to live in my house?
Me: Yes, but I've started Livi...
Landlord: *cuts in* okay, listen to me very attentively. When you come inside my compound, ignore any boy you meet there!!! collect the necklace on your doorstep and wear, the necklace will keep him away from you. If at all he tries to approach you and ask if you guys can be friends, tell him no or ignore him and move on. As long as you're putting on that necklace, he won't do anything to you.
Me: S..si...sirr??
Landlord: Ignore any boy you meet in the compound, that is not a boy but a ghost. He was a student who lived in my compound until he died mysteriousIy inside his room 5 years ago. We don't know what happened but ever since then, he has been wandering around the house looking for someone to possess. I tried my best to pursue him from my compound but the only solution I ended up with was the necklace. I have three, one for me, my son and one for you.
Me: Ye..ye..yes sir, That's what I was trying to tell you. I already started Living in your place since 12 days ago. I have been with your son since I came here and..
Landlord: My son?? My son is with me here. I carried him with me. That is the boy I'm talking about!!! Run away from that house!! Find the neckla
Me: Hello?? Hello?? Landlord?? Daddy??
(someone knocks on my door from outside) : Bro it's Felix, open the door.
episode 2 coming next

(pls ur likes and share encourages me)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ghostwriters Needed For A Ghostwriting Firm / Erotic Ghostwriter Needed Urgently / Humepoets.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.