Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike (15064 Views)

N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday / Fuel Price Hike Looms As Marketers Kick Against ₦0.5m Shipment Charge / Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Streetdoctor: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
business manager

Tell me how u will manage an inherited business successfully even when those in the affairs before u came in we’re thieves?

U think it’s easy to chase away people who have been enjoying something for more than 8 years?

So for your mind they won’t fight back?

Even to collect ordinary garage from touts na war let alone stop huge funds from well connected n established big men

If e easy, peter obi d messiah won’t b impeached twice in small anambra
But Obi u mentioned stopped godfatherism in Anambra. Do u know how many war Obi fought with those godfathers, go and ask Anambra people. Or is it Imo state, what about Enugu state from or should we talk about Edo state,
when Tinubu made d first appointed, people were complaining, I told them that one can only appoint his trusted people but right now it's seems like his trusted people are incompetent to handle dis job.
D godfatherism u brought, from Edo, down to east, go and ask if they are still practicing politics of godfather.
I maintain my stand that, it's only a businessman that can help Nigeria at dis point in time.
I remember vividly well, when Osibanjo managed Nigeria for 6 good months, we all saw how d economy moved an inch, naira fought dollar to a small percent, tension from niger delta reduced drastically, food from d north improved and price slashed a bit.
U don't hv it is u don't hv it and Tinubu has shown that he doesn't hv it. Dis is not d time of playing politics, dis should be a business time
Well, whether economy goes down, our business markup price still dey favour us

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by marvellous2222: 8:13am On Aug 16, 2023
Emilokan and oil marketer just dey do anyhow, both parties want to suffocate the masses..
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by ocdeut(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2023
silvoclaira:
Nigeria is getting worse, standards of living
Crime has increased in major cities. Everyone is learning the hard way now and it will get to survival of the fittest. Some will become sacrifice
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by kokoA(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2023
This government doesn't know what they are joking with yet. There is so much anger in the land, a little "trigger" is all that's needed now to get Nigerians on the streets. Tinubu should listen to the masses now and do something.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by NOwazobia: 8:19am On Aug 16, 2023
If Tinubu is serious about this fuel subsidy thing, and really care about the masses welfare, he will be working to restore our indigenous refinaries, and create a way to integrate some modular refinaries through licenses, grants and regulations, instead of destroying everything kpatakpata.

It is one of the ways to beat the oil marketers subsidy racketeering, and reduce pressure on the dollar.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Akalia(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
Ever since Tinubu grabbed stole and ran away with power I never see one good news

From one calamity to another

From one Omo to God Abeg

APC supporters said they dodged a bullet not voting Obi

People wey dodge bullet don go carry head knack North Korean missile
Politicians are not magicians, they can't wish away problems with a wave of a magic wand. Even PO can't guaranty immediate results if he were in power today.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Curious345: 8:22am On Aug 16, 2023
Anything aside the apc is good to go, including a taliban takeover
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Curious345: 8:23am On Aug 16, 2023
Apc is pure diabolic and evil
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by pascal558(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Chinedu don’t b stupid

Even when u see oil marketers frustrating every effort due to the fact they are used to having money without working for it at d expense of d masses u still want to blame Tinubu

It’s like your stupidity is inherited

Many of u from the land of d rising hate are pathetic

You are the pathetic soul here. The subsidy removal has it favoured you? Is the 8k palliative or prayers to the mailbox of senators his own way if solving the problem? What happened to Government own buses to reduce transport cost? What happened to getting our own refinery? I don't know what to say to you sha, God is watching everyone.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Blaze14k: 8:25am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
Ever since Tinubu grabbed stole and ran away with power I never see one good news

From one Omo to God Abeg

Bro u get mouth oo😂
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Mantee(m): 8:26am On Aug 16, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
business manager

Tell me how u will manage an inherited business successfully even when those in the affairs before u came in we’re thieves?

U think it’s easy to chase away people who have been enjoying something for more than 8 years?

So for your mind they won’t fight back?

Even to collect ordinary garage from touts na war let alone stop huge funds from well connected n established big men

If e easy, peter obi d messiah won’t b impeached twice in small anambra

It is not going to be business as usual in Nigeria if we are to face the truth. We all need to adopt to the present reality. The era of wasteful spending on foreign goods should be minimised or stopped by individual and you will see Naira gaining strength against $. Manage your movements by avoiding purchase of PMS. Many people have many vehicles they actually don't need.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Iamcrazy: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2023
olril17:

O ni shoriree

Same to you
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2023
ѕσ nα líkє thíѕ thíѕ вαѕtαrdízєd crímínαl whσ cαllєd hímѕєlf tínuвu tαkєѕ вuíld lαgσѕ ѕtαtє? drαggíng hímѕєlf frσnt αnd вαckwαrdѕ

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Cj4charles(m): 8:30am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

From one Omo to God Abeg

🤣🤣😅😅😅
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Toluwanise247(m): 8:34am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

From one Omo to God Abeg

See your life, you have been forbid to see or witness goodnews

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by XY23: 8:34am On Aug 16, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Chinedu don’t b stupid

Even when u see oil marketers frustrating every effort due to the fact they are used to having money without working for it at d expense of d masses u still want to blame Tinubu

1. You lack basic understanding of deregulation, just like your clueless "first class" account.
2. You've never managed a business before. I guess the chains of SMEs closing down are also greedy.

The volatility of the naira against the dollar is the singular reason behind all they're complaining about. You try and buy $ at 960 to import products and then sell at #1. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by victorVIC1(m): 8:36am On Aug 16, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Chinedu don’t b stupid

What is your point? Can't you see that FX rates are rising? Are you not aware that the petrol you buy from filing stations are imported after refined? Do you think the oil marketers are paying for the refined oil in naira? If they bear the rising cost of the exchange rate increase how will they be able to meet up with their operational costs and also pay salaries?

I'm in the private sector and I handle a lot of importation. We were calculating our prices using an exchange rate of 775 USD and aborbsing the FX loss internally. We just can't continue with that anymore as exchange rate is almost at N1,000. Hence, we have increased the prices of our products to accommodate the rising landing costs so the business can survive. Now you see that this is one of the major drivers of the current inflation.

These are very basic reasoning. While subsidy has to go, it is economic suicide to remove subsidies without proper palliative. If you still want to argue on this then you don't mean well for our dear country

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Sharpsharp00123: 8:37am On Aug 16, 2023
XY23:

1. You lack basic understanding of deregulation, just like your clueless "first class" account.
2. You've never managed a business before. I guess the chains of SMEs closing down are also greedy.

The volatility of the naira against the dollar is the singular reason behind all they're complaining about. You try and buy $ at 960 to import products and then sell at #1. Nonsense
what makes it volatile?

Is it not u people who don’t believe in manufacturing but importing substandard products all d time

Tell me any of u involved in production?
U pride yourself on importation which weakens d naira, even obi self is one of d highest importer in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Donedeal1(m): 8:40am On Aug 16, 2023
This body have never display

Patriotic citizen ship in history

This is the same senerio that led to

Creation of nnpc petroleum filing stations by

Jonathan's government.

This government should just sideline them

With a better options.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Bizibi(m): 8:41am On Aug 16, 2023
Streetdoctor:
Whenever I see some comments on thus forum, I always laugh, why bcs most of u guys hv never being in d affair of an organization or hv never managed a business before.
In decision making, u do consultation first before taken out action.
I remember when I was working in an Ecommerce, d owner stopped outside Lagos delivery, before then, I told him that we hv more sells from outside Lagos than within.
Baba said that d outside Lagos delivery is giving him headache (throughly it was a headach). I told him to allow me handle that area, I started handling it and stuffs like that.
First of all, I compiled list of those that ordered for outside Lagos before. I started making calls and sms, business came back to normal.
Tinubu/APC supporters hv never managed a business before that's why they always support all nonsense from dis govt excluding @festacman, he's just d only APC man that has seen that Tinubu has no business with management of d kantri affairs.
Right now Nigeria needs a business minded person to handle economic issues at hand.
that is the truth,tinubu need real technocrats to handle the economy for him. Many Apc supporters are sycophants so I don't rate them at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Billmos: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2023
Corruption is fighting back those dat enjoy d bounty of subsidy will definitely raise to the occasion so only citizen dat hate demselve will support the subsidy racketeers at this moment ,if I enjoy subsidy money I will be against this govt.tinubu should have expected this and plan to counter this very moment,I blame tinubu at this stage cos tins are hard he supposed to put more means of transportation n filled nnpc in every state to filled their tanks as one of d ways to cushion d effect, encourage individual to import petroleum products by license capable person while planning to revamp atleast one refinery in d country n at d same time give state in oil producing state to build modular refineries too n also bring in those boys from d creek who use crude means to refine n modernize their means n increase their capacity too to help d country.lastly set a task force to control d price of goods in d country n also make sure dat all borders welcome in goods to compet with what we have in our country to stabilize d price of goods n services.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Godfullsam(m): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

From one Omo to God Abeg

We are bound to face this challenges once fuel subsidy is removed and the Naira floated.

There is no magic anyone can do aside reviving our local refineries and giving us a stable power supply which previous governments have failed to do.

Even Obi or Atiku vowed to end the scandalous subsidy regime as soon as they take over power.

Are you trying to tell us Nigerians will still be buying fuel at 195 naira if the subsidy was removed by Obi?

We will still face the same problems if the subsidy was removed by any of them as long as we don't have functioning refineries.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by OriOko88(m): 8:47am On Aug 16, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu is the most Confused and worst president in the history of Nigeria, a thief will never learn how to manage what he stole responsibly.

Buhari is 20 times better than Tinubu, under Buhari, people weren't suffering like this.

I never knew Buhari had more human sympathy than Tinubu.
Gbenu oshi e soun.. Most of u igbotic commenters are not commenting on d real sense of it..but out of sentiments and bitterness. Your Obi wudnt hv done any better if he was d president. Most of u are only jealous of Tinubu's presidency. Eyin oponu gbogbo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by chukiz(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2023
Subsidy subsidy subsidy, Nigeria must first kill corruption or Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by aklid(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2023
Market men are always one of our top problems
When ever they talked rubbish fuel stations will increase pump prices
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by onatisi(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2023
fuel price hike is coming, don't let these politicians deceive you , they are trying to make people believe that it is out f their hands and that the government has no hand in it, there will be fuel scarcity, after about 2 weeks, petrol will return at a higher cost and life returns back to normal.
the game and trick is and has always been the same , it first starts with a rumor, the followed by denial, the last step is the implementation

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by omohayek: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2023
Godfullsam:

We are bound to face this challenges once fuel subsidy is removed and the Naira floated.

There is no magic anyone can do aside reviving our local refineries and giving us a stable power supply which previous governments have failed to do.

Even Obi or Atiku vowed to end the scandalous subsidy regime as soon as they take over power.

Are you trying to tell us Nigerians will still be buying fuel at 195 naira if the subsidy was removed by Obi?

We will still face the same problems if the subsidy was removed by any of them as long as we don't have functioning refineries.
Even if the refineries were fully functioning, there is no guarantee they would be operating at such high efficiency that they could undercut the price of imports from large foreign refiners. They would still have to sell their output at a high enough price to recoup their costs, most of which are in the form of imported capital expenditures. The net result is that refined petroleum would be no cheaper in price than it already is.

Those insisting there is some magic formula by which Tinubu could have kept the subsidies in place are either utterly deluded, slow-witted or criminally dishonest. The government was already borrowing to pay for the subsidies under Buhari, and that was when global interest rates were at their lowest in decades, yet even with such a favorable environment, debt servicing was already eating up nearly 80% of government revenues.

Interest rates have since skyrocketed across the globe, and Nigeria is now so indebted that any lenders would now demand a significant risk premium, so where exactly is the money for continued subsidies supposed to come from? The same people up in arms about the ending of subsidies are the ones opposed to any efforts to raise domestic tax revenues! How exactly do all the malcontents expect this arithmetic to work?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by nkemjacob2(m): 9:05am On Aug 16, 2023
Let the tinubu government be sincere. Is fuel subsidy removed? That is how they lied subsidy is a scam
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Armstee1506: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2023
For those that wants to Japa, DM me for your proof of funds at affordable rate.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by MrsTwrite(f): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2023
Nigeria no work!
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Mrpojj(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/fuel-marketers-kick-as-fg-rules-out-price-hike/?amp

Nlfpmod
Lol 😆
So no be market forces they control again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

McDonald Obasuke Disrupts Obaseki's Campaign With Thugs (photos / Exposed, Buhari Former Aide Write The Petition Against Chief Judge / Ondo Election: Agboola Ajayi Shuns BBC Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.