Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike (15053 Views)

N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday / Fuel Price Hike Looms As Marketers Kick Against ₦0.5m Shipment Charge / Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by SenatePresdo(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2023
OriOko88:

Gbenu oshi e soun.. Most of u igbotic commenters are not commenting on d real sense of it..but out of sentiments and bitterness. Your Obi wudnt hv done any better if he was d president. Most of u are only jealous of Tinubu's presidency. Eyin oponu gbogbo

Did anybody mention obi?

Is obi the one in Aso rock or does he live rent free in your connehead?
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by olril17(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2023
Iamcrazy:

Same to you
Oo nii shakan rejee
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Agbogab1995(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2023
spiSeyi:
Fuel marketers fighting for their pocket, and opposition parties using this medium to oppose the sitting government cool . If your preferred candidate is the President will you say what you are saying right now undecided . I repeat no president can fix Nigeria within 6 months, if Obama + Trump + Biden rules Nigeria at the same time with this current economic reality this is how the country will be. I think it is too early to blame PBAT even if he is not our preferred candidate, everyone support is needed for the good of our dear nation
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by omooba74(m): 9:45am On Aug 16, 2023
May GOD bless you for this your sensible comment,one of the few av come across on this platform.Though things are hard but we will surely overcome it with the right people in government...
spiSeyi:
Fuel marketers fighting for their pocket, and opposition parties using this medium to oppose the sitting government cool . If your preferred candidate is the President will you say what you are saying right now undecided . I repeat no president can fix Nigeria within 6 months, if Obama + Trump + Biden rules Nigeria at the same time with this current economic reality this is how the country will be. I think it is too early to blame PBAT even if he is not our preferred candidate, everyone support is needed for the good of our dear nation

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by CrownWale93(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2023
And may you never see one throughout Tinubu Government 🙏🏼
Taylor90:
Ever since Tinubu grabbed stole and ran away with power I never see one good news

From one calamity to another

From one Omo to God Abeg

APC supporters said they dodged a bullet not voting Obi

People wey dodge bullet don go carry head knack North Korean missile
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by HRMK: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2023
obviously,these so called shylock marketers are the ones exploiting the masses!the fg must byepass them!!
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2023
See them Wereeeys deceiving Themselvesgrin

Let's do like we are fighting and disagreeing so they will see that we are doing it in their interest. After some moment of Calmness, We can then increase it silently.

They will just shout, para for some moment and eventually they will still go on to buy. That's all. You see as simple as it is, I no tell you😂

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by 9jatriot(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2023
This here is the main problem of this nation. Note I am not blaming you in particular, but when we use a currency that is not ours to do more import than export then it is no brainer that the dollar will keep rising.

Assume for example you were an exporter, this increase in dollar would have been in your favor.

victorVIC1:

What is your point? Can't you see that FX rates are rising? Are you not aware that the petrol you buy from filing stations are imported after refined? Do you think the oil marketers are paying for the refined oil in naira? If they bear the rising cost of the exchange rate increase how will they be able to meet up with their operational costs and also pay salaries?

I'm in the private sector and I handle a lot of importation. We were calculating our prices using an exchange rate of 775 USD and aborbsing the FX loss internally. We just can't continue with that anymore as exchange rate is almost at N1,000. Hence, we have increased the prices of our products to accommodate the rising landing costs so the business can survive. Now you see that this is one of the major drivers of the current inflation.

These are very basic reasoning. While subsidy has to go, it is economic suicide to remove subsidies without proper palliative. If you still want to argue on this then you don't mean well for our dear country

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Domsimeon: 10:20am On Aug 16, 2023
olril17:

All the people who put in this wahala will not know peace. Any body wey vote Tinubu na plane crash and trane crash go kill the person and their families. (Amin)
Cos this is so depressing fr
For real
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Domsimeon: 10:23am On Aug 16, 2023
omooba74:
May GOD bless you for this your sensible comment,one of the few av come across on this platform.Though things are hard but we will surely overcome it with the right people in government...
So is Tinubu the right person? Just talk true for once.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2023
olril17:

All the people who put in this wahala will not know peace. Any body wey vote Tinubu na plane crash and trane crash go kill the person and their families. (Amin)
Cos this is so depressing fr

Allahumo Ameen Yah Allah, Budha, Ogun, Amengrin
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Musauzor(m): 10:38am On Aug 16, 2023
Ebola, Ebola, Ebola. May the God of fire 🚒 🔥 and thunder ⛈️⚡ locate you and destroy you as you want to destroy Nigerians . Clueless and incompetent power monger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Mosh1: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
Ever since Tinubu grabbed stole and ran away with power I never see one good news

From one calamity to another

From one Omo to God Abeg

APC supporters said they dodged a bullet not voting Obi

People wey dodge bullet don go carry head knack North Korean missile
Omo, this is how you will be wailing for the next four years?
Seriously, I know envy you.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by victorVIC1(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2023
9jatriot:
This here is the main problem of this nation. Note I am not blaming you in particular, but when we use a currency that is not ours to do more import that export then it is no brainer that the dollar will keep rising.

Assume for example you were an exporter, this increase in dollar would have been in your favor.

Yeah. I understand your perspective perfectly and I concur but on the other hand there are certain materials you can't produce locally due to lack of local inputs. For example, the company I work with supplies raw materials to companies that produce locally. However, we as their supplier cannot produce our materials locally as majority of the contents on our formulation are not locally available.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by 9jatriot(m): 10:59am On Aug 16, 2023
Maybe a first step towards a solution is for the nation to get inputs from importers what products they believe cannot be source locally. That way research institutes can now begin to explore alternatives or ways to generate them locally.
If we all continue to complain because importation gets more difficult, then we should also be able to admit that we are part of the problem not the solution.

Once again, this is not about you personally.
victorVIC1:

Yeah. I understand your perspective perfectly and I concur but on the other hand there are certain materials you can't produce locally due to lack of local inputs. For example, the company I work with supplies raw materials to companies that produce locally. However, we as their supplier cannot produce our materials locally as majority of the contents on our formulation are not locally available.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by victorVIC1(m): 11:01am On Aug 16, 2023
9jatriot:
Maybe a first step towards a solution is for the nation to get inputs from importers what products they believe cannot be source locally. That way research institutes can now begin to explore alternatives or ways to generate them locally.
If we all continue to complain because importation gets more difficult, then we should also be able to admit that we are part of the problem not the solution.

Once again, this is not about you personally.

Spot on and Insightful engagement. I appreciate the fact that your comments are solution driven. People like you should be in the advisory team of national decision makers
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Lekan239(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2023
Make I go package underground for my compound to store fuel incase them brpught back subsidy for two month
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by 9jatriot(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2023
You speak kindly my friend. Gracias.

I do try my bit to see what possible solutions are possible. It is the only way.

Our parents complained that their past was better, we are complaining that theirs was better, are we saying our children will also look back and say ours was even better? Is that not witchcraft?

victorVIC1:

Spot on and Insightful engagement. I appreciate the fact that your comments are solution driven. People like you should be in the advisory team of national decision makers

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Streetdoctor: 11:31am On Aug 16, 2023
Bizibi:
that is the truth,tinubu need real technocrats to the economy for him. Many Apc supporters are sycophants so I don't rate them at all.
What do they know about business, all they care is power and thuggish. No business in Tinubu's name, so Nigerians should expect less from him
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Okoroawusa: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
The subsidy thieves are fighting back... that's all I have to say
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by larryeffizy1(m): 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
Majorbankz007:
Omo if you get bald hair (Receding hairline) or need beards, check my thread ASAP, I have something for you. 30-45 days treatment
where is your link....
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by bolajisunday: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2023
You are comparing Nigerians with Senegalese.
What a shame!
Which of the countries Is a member of OPEC meaning none has crude.
They have no choice even if they are buying at N5000 per litre.
Our case is different.
Our refineries can be put to use.
Nigerians can even pay N200 per litre and enjoy what's theirs
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by omooba74(m): 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
As at this moment,he is the right person cos majority of Nigerians voted for him to turn things around for good,you don't expect him to perform miracles within 3 months of assuming office.Do you?
Domsimeon:

So is Tinubu the right person? Just talk true for once.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Majorbankz007: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
larryeffizy1:
where is your link....

Check my bio sir
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by udomonday: 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
Nigeria is just a sick nation, a country that has been plagued with the same problem since inception and cannot find a solution is really sick.
Re: Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike by Fujiyama: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
grin

Confused government that cannot make up its mind on whether it is a bird or beast.

'Subsidy is gone' we were told. Price controls were also out the window and a regime of true deregulation was now in place...Or so we were told.

Now, we are being told that price controls are back. So what was the point then? undecided

Propaganda has its limits. This administration will learn that lesson in an unforgettable way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole / Fuel Hike: NLC Protests In Asaba, Delta State / DSS, EFCC Operatives Besiege Ekweremadu’s Abuja Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.