Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land (8287 Views)

EFCC Arrested Okorocha Over ₦7.9 Billion Fraud / Well-Wishers Celebrate Senator Rochas Okorocha Over His Certificate Of Return / Who Is Dr Alvan Ikoku And Why Is His Face On N10 Note? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Thonyb(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2023
Araraume, Uche Nwosu, Anwuka to lose houses.

The Committee set up by Imo State Government for the recovery of land belonging to Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education (AIFCE), yesterday, indicted former governor Rochas Okorocha for using brute force to disposses the college of its land.

Submitting its report to Governor Hope Uzodimma, the committee recommended the recovery of the Shell Camp land from Okorocha and his associates within six months and hand the same over to AIFCE.

The report which was signed by the Chairman,Prof Vitalis Orikeze Ajumbe and the secretary, B F Anyanwu, regretted that Okorocha,as governor, used brute force including the military and hoodlums to snatch the land from the College after which he allocated or sold same to his top associates.

Those who benefited from the bazaar and have been similarly asked to vacate the land included two of Okorocha”s in laws, Dr Uzoma Anwuka and Kingsley Uju.

Apart from Okorocha”s inlaws , a former speaker, Chief Acho Ihim, Charles Orie, Prince Charles Amadi and Ugochukwu Hillary also benefited from the illegal acquisition.

The Committee regretted that Okorocha ordered the demolition of 101 buildings belonging to staff of the college and thereafter confiscated their property.

It therefore urged the Imo State Executive Council” to direct the recovery of all the lands belonging to AIFCE, which are now illegally in the hands of individuals and institutions.”

It further asked the state government to ensure the recovery of the land within six months and thereafter issue a certificate of occupancy to the college.

“AIFCE should take full possession of the vacated land and property immediately upon recovery while the Commissioner for Lands and OCDA should recover the land within six months”, the committee recommended.

It further recommended that AIFCE should pay the agreed compensation to Orji indigenes who are the original owners of the land while the Army should vacate the shanties they erected in the land and finally move to Obinze.

Responding, Governor Uzodimma thanked the committee for doing a thorough job and promised that the state government would take all necessary steps in accord with due process to implement the committee’s recommendations.

https://.ng/2023/08/16/alvan-ikoku-panel-indicts-okorocha-over-forceful-acquisition-of-land/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by buttlover(m): 7:19am On Aug 16, 2023
Leave media news. Rochas did more better than all governors i have known in imo state except Sam Mbakwe. I have a song i did for him but finance couldnt let me put it in media. Ikuola nkwu OWELLE ANAYO ROCHAS OKOROCHA.

THE Song.
From orlu to owerri
I dey greet e owelle
All the juganuts wey dey him side biko nyenu nu ya ohere
You see the future is werre werre
We go be dancing ije awelle
I can't deny the fact when am travelling from anara to okwelle
All the things i see, all the round about
Good thing is nice to talk about.
Owelle ndi igbo birikwe o
Free education anyi nwere ya
Good road network anyi nwere ya
Use your brain and make money
Imolite make we jolly.
Brother ikuola nkwuuuuu ikuola nkwu
Onye eze, ikuola nkwu

4 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by yinkus6750(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2023
So Imo is still using Rochas.
After losing out politically, he will lose assets illegally acquired through position.
When will our politicians learn?

6 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Majorbankz007: 8:02am On Aug 16, 2023
Omo if you get bald hair (Receding hairline) or need beards, check my thread ASAP, I have something for you. 30-45 days treatment
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by triple996(m): 8:02am On Aug 16, 2023
land is scarce in biafra land. The little remaining has been overrun by ugm that is d reason 4 all this fight now between okorocha, and all the others

3 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by buharibanjo(m): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2023
Normally by young john
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by bigdammyj: 8:04am On Aug 16, 2023
Noted.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by jeff1993: 8:05am On Aug 16, 2023
May Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land favor me and my family

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by marvellous2222: 8:08am On Aug 16, 2023
Use and dump, this man should be in prison for misappropriation of fund in office

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by 222Martins(m): 8:09am On Aug 16, 2023
Based on the timing of this Committee's finding and the coming Guber election, i believe nothing will come out of it. This is just another strategy to negotiate and win the support of the parties involved towards the second term of the governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:09am On Aug 16, 2023
All the legacy rochas built in Imo state will soon be erased! His greed and foolish cost him all this...I just hope other politicians in the state will learn from rochas downfall!

10 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Dshocker(m): 8:10am On Aug 16, 2023
Very welcomed development, Rochas did terrible things when he was governor.

9 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:10am On Aug 16, 2023
Got served
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Starships4u(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2023
Normally nah....

Na so dem de do...
Works commissioner was his son in-law afterall..
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by phkka1(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2023
At last, something good has come out of Nazareth. Good job from Hope Uzodinma.

1 Like

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Angelfrost(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2023
That was all the criminal did for 8 years... Building fake and substandard infrastructures while looting and grabbing lands.

3 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by themanderon: 8:39am On Aug 16, 2023
If only politicians would learn. I don't know what usually possesses these people when they get into power. Rochas was seen as a beacon of hope by imolites but turned out to be a monumental disaster. Buhari came with his anti corruption stance yet corruption turned into a hydra headed monster. Soludo came with so much promise but his government is failing massively in meeting expectations of the people. He might beat Mbadinuju's record as the worse governor of Anambra state.
Let's hope the dancing senator succeeds because he is another man that came with so much applause.

2 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Abagworo(m): 8:39am On Aug 16, 2023
Uzodinma is fooling himself. Shell Camp was never Alvan property but Imo State government property inherited from East Central State after Shell BP moved from Owerri to Port Harcourt and it was turning into a ghetto with informal settlements before it was demolished, well planned into a layout and sold by Imo government to willing investors turning it to a very beautiful modern estate. The target of this present onslaught is not Okorocha but rather those involved in 2023 election that might own properties there. Yesterday Uzodinma went to demolish All Seasons Hotel for same reason.

https://247ureports.com/2023/08/uzodinma-opens-war-on-opposition-destroys-all-seasons-hotel-premises-owned-by-imo-pdp-chieftain/

Mr Uzodinma should do and go let Sam Daddy bring peace and love back to the State.

1 Like

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Abagworo(m): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2023
themanderon:
If only politicians would learn. I don't know what usually possesses these people when they get into power. Rochas was seen as a beacon of hope by imolites but turned out to be a monumental disaster. Buhari came with his anti corruption stance yet corruption turned into a hydra headed monster. Soludo came with so much promise but his government is failing massively in meeting expectations of the people. He might beat Mbadinuju's record as the worse governor of Anambra state.
Let's hope the dancing senator succeeds because he is another man that came with so much applause.

Okorocha remains the 2nd best Governor in history of Nigeria after Amaechi of Rivers State. Don't judge him with these media sensationalist headlines. Visit Imo and ask questions you'll see and know for yourself.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by MadamExcellency: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2023
Okorocha declared support for PDP candidate, Sen. Anyanwu and not until then, Gov. Hope Uzodinma remembers constituting a panel after three and half years in government. What an insecure man.

Moreover, Okorocha actions were done as Executive Governor of Imo State but it's a crime to share it to his cronies.

Alvan Ikoku College of Education and FUTO are land grabbers. Imagine having lands more than three communities in Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Abagworo(m): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Okorocha declared support for PDP candidate, Anyanwu and Hope Uzodinma remember constituting a panel after three and half years. What an insecure man.

Moreover, Okorocha actions were done as Executive Governor of Imo State but it's a crime to share it to his cronies.

Alvan Ikoku College of Education and FUTO are land grabbers. Imagine having lands more than three communities in Owerri.

The question should be if actually he shared it to his cronies or some of his friends invested in it albeit very few. It was on open sale at very high price and bought by whoever could afford it with the money paid to State Government as revenue. The question is "will Uzodinma refund the investors?".
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by onlyboyson(m): 9:19am On Aug 16, 2023
This Rochas na criminal
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Mopolchi: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2023
Dis one na uppercut to Okoroawusa

1 Like

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2023
grin grin Okoroiberibe alias Okoroawusa is falling heavily like an elephant.Greedy corporate criminal.
In a country like China, the criminal should have been arrested and served a hefty prison term.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Menclothing: 10:46am On Aug 16, 2023
Some gov don’t steal money ooo
What they do is convert choice land to their own
They develop such area and make it prime center
They become billionaires after leaving office

Tinubu
Obi
ajimobi
Rochas
Wike
Matawalle

Etc have done it
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Cmanforall: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2023
yinkus6750:
So Imo is still using Rochas.
After losing out politically, he will lose assets illegally acquired through position.
When will our politicians learn?

I read that Rochas was after acquiring land a lot during his tenure
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by AareGaa: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2023
themanderon:

The two people that have disappointed me terribly, since democracy came were Buhari and Rochas, and it's because of their antecedents.

I never believed in
others, because an average black man is cursed with greed.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by StephanieBr: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2023
Well, this news certainly raises some serious concerns about the actions of former Governor Okorocha regarding the forceful acquisition of land. If the allegations are true and substantiated by the panel's findings, it reflects a grave misuse of power and a disregard for the rights of citizens.

Land is a valuable resource, and its acquisition should always adhere to legal and ethical standards. Any attempt to forcefully take land from individuals or communities is a violation of their rights and can lead to social unrest and legal complications.

It's crucial for the justice system to ensure a fair and transparent investigation into these allegations. If Governor Okorocha is indeed found guilty of such actions, it sets a negative precedent for governance and public trust in our leaders.

I hope that the panel's report is thorough and unbiased, and that appropriate actions will be taken based on its findings. It's essential for our democracy that accountability is upheld at all levels of government.

https://www.thomasnet.com/profile/30982152/branded-packaging-solution.html
Let's use this forum to discuss the implications of such cases on our political landscape and the measures that can be taken to prevent such abuses of power in the future.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by JOemmy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Rochas is a born crook he came into office in a wave of rescue mission only to end up rescuing imo into his own personal family empire.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by paramakina202: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
marvellous2222:
Use and dump, this man should be in prison for misappropriation of fund in office

Who used the High Thief Okorocha?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why Chris Ngige And Hon. Falake Exchange Insults Over Tinubu / If These 3 Men Defect From APC To PDP, That's The End Of Tinubu's Ambitions / Olamilekan Adegbite: Nigeria Has Enough Minerals To Power Electric Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.