Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land (8322 Views)

EFCC Arrested Okorocha Over ₦7.9 Billion Fraud / Well-Wishers Celebrate Senator Rochas Okorocha Over His Certificate Of Return / Who Is Dr Alvan Ikoku And Why Is His Face On N10 Note? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Nemesis0147(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2023
Why is nobody suing Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi?
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by villa9555: 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
buttlover:
Leave media news. Rochas did more better than all governors i have known in imo state except Sam Mbakwe. I have a song i did for him but finance couldnt let me put it in media. Ikuola OWELLE ANAYO ROCHAS OKOROCHA.

THE Song.
From orlu to owerri
I dey greet e owelle
All the juganuts wey dey him side biko nyenu nu ya ohere
You see the future is werre werre
We go be dancing ije awelle
I can't deny the fact when am travelling from anara to okwelle
All the things i see, all the round about
Good thing is nice to talk about.
Owelle ndi igbo birikwe o
Good education anyi nwere ya
Good road network anyi nwere ya
Use your brain and make money
Imo state make we jolly.
Brother ikuola nkwuuuuu ikuola nkwu
Onye eze, ikuola nkwu

What projects did he set up in Imo state then that is functioning now ?

How was Orlu Road when he was the Executive Governor of Imo State- ?

How many 27 LGA Hospitals did he complete then and how many as been functioning now ?
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Charly68: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
Okorocha became lawless in power ..he should be made to face his music..
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Leshyne(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
No be craze dey worry you.

Name one project that Rochas did that is still standing.

Owerri to Orlu road that Rochas couldn't do in 8years , Hope did in 3years.

quote author=buttlover post=125141717]Leave media news. Rochas did more better than all governors i have known in imo state except Sam Mbakwe. I have a song i did for him but finance couldnt let me put it in media. Ikuola OWELLE ANAYO ROCHAS OKOROCHA.

THE Song.
From orlu to owerri
I dey greet e owelle
Imo state make we jolly.
Onye eze, ikuola nkwu[/quote]
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Abagworo(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
yinkus6750:
So Imo is still using Rochas.
After losing out politically, he will lose assets illegally acquired through position.
When will our politicians learn?

He owns nothing in that estate so he got nothing to lose. He just cleared a Government land and sold to the public and it became a highbrow layout. What this panel did is turning development on its head
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Abagworo(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
villa9555:

What projects did he set up in Imo state then that is functioning now ?

How was Orlu Road when he was the Executive Governor of Imo State- ?

How many 27 LGA Hospitals did he complete then and how many as been functioning now ?

Most reasonable things you see including Orlu road has his footprint on them. Imolites know his good and also know his flaws.

From these photos you can see transformation and prosperity. Some Governors built roads but around the roads are slums and informal settlements but Okorocha built roads and friendly economy which prompted the sudden growth and expansion of Owerri and Imo in general.

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
buttlover:
Leave media news. Rochas did more better than all governors i have known in imo state except Sam Mbakwe. I have a song i did for him but finance couldnt let me put it in media. Ikuola OWELLE ANAYO ROCHAS OKOROCHA.

THE Song.
From orlu to owerri
I dey greet e owelle
Imo state make we jolly.
Onye eze, ikuola nkwu
Mumu
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by villa9555: 1:31am On Aug 17, 2023
Abagworo:

Most reasonable things you see including Orlu road has his footprint on them. Imolites know his good and also know his flaws.

From these photos you can see transformation and prosperity. Some Governors built roads but around the roads are slums and informal settlements but Okorocha built roads and friendly economy which prompted the sudden growth and expansion of Owerri and Imo in general.

Do you mean the so called roads that acidic rain spoilt ?
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Idiko1: 2:34am On Aug 17, 2023
Abagworo:

The question should be if actually he shared it to his cronies or some of his friends invested in it albeit very few. It was on open sale at very high price and bought by whoever could afford it with the money paid to State Government as revenue. The question is "will Uzodinma refund the investors?".

What government sells any land for that matter? Whether it was open or close sale, it was an indication of fraudulent activity by Okoroawusa's regime.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Idiko1: 2:37am On Aug 17, 2023
Abagworo:

He owns nothing in that estate so he got nothing to lose. He just cleared a Government land and sold to the public and it became a highbrow layout. What this panel did is turning development on its head

Which of the governments in Imo State? How did the government acquire land?
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by jumobi1(m): 2:55am On Aug 17, 2023
StephanieBr:
Well, this news certainly raises some serious concerns about the actions of former Governor Okorocha regarding the forceful acquisition of land. If the allegations are true and substantiated by the panel's findings, it reflects a grave misuse of power and a disregard for the rights of citizens.

Land is a valuable resource, and its acquisition should always adhere to legal and ethical standards. Any attempt to forcefully take land from individuals or communities is a violation of their rights and can lead to social unrest and legal complications.

It's crucial for the justice system to ensure a fair and transparent investigation into these allegations. If Governor Okorocha is indeed found guilty of such actions, it sets a negative precedent for governance and public trust in our leaders.

I hope that the panel's report is thorough and unbiased, and that appropriate actions will be taken based on its findings. It's essential for our democracy that accountability is upheld at all levels of government.

https://www.thomasnet.com/profile/30982152/branded-packaging-solution.html
Let's use this forum to discuss the implications of such cases on our political landscape and the measures that can be taken to prevent such abuses of power in the future.

Professor!
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
All the legacy rochas built in Imo state will soon be erased! His greed and foolish cost him all this...I just hope other politicians in the state will learn from rochas downfall!
The man is extremely stupid and myopic. If he was the opposite, The present administration won't be after him. The fool thought that he will rule Imo forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 17, 2023
themanderon:
If only politicians would learn. I don't know what usually possesses these people when they get into power. Rochas was seen as a beacon of hope by imolites but turned out to be a monumental disaster. Buhari came with his anti corruption stance yet corruption turned into a hydra headed monster. Soludo came with so much promise but his government is failing massively in meeting expectations of the people. He might beat Mbadinuju's record as the worse governor of Anambra state.
Let's hope the dancing senator succeeds because he is another man that came with so much applause.
I could remember in 2011, when he was declared the winner, there was massive jubilation. He has immensely popular. He took it for granted and focus on deceiving people thinking that he is smart but in reality a huge fool.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2023
Abagworo:

Okorocha remains the 2nd best Governor in history of Nigeria after Amaechi of Rivers State. Don't judge him with these media sensationalist headlines. Visit Imo and ask questions you'll see and know for yourself.
In your fantasy.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 17, 2023
JOemmy:
Rochas is a born crook he came into office in a wave of rescue mission only to end up rescuing imo into his own personal family empire.
My Family, my family. In his community, if you are building a duplex, mansion or any any upstairs, you have to pull it down or you will be whacked. He wanted to be the only cock that crows there.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Abagworo(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2023
Idiko1:

Which of the governments in Imo State? How did the government acquire land?

In 1951 the the Eastern regional government gave the land to Shell Petroleum as headquaters and base for Eastern operations because the first exploration was around Owerri area. Shell later left Owerri and the land became vacant and inherited by Imo State Government from East Central State. Alvan used part of the land as makeshift quarters and people also built informal houses and shanties on the land as Nigerians normally do. When Okorocha was Governor and rebuilding old Owerri he with the assembly agreed on clearing Shell Camp and turning it to a modern estate that would run from Orlu road through the old Police headquaters and Prisons. New Police headquaters and New Prisons were built at Avu and it was expected that his successor would continue the demolition and clearing of the old ones but because of stupiid politics his successors refused to continue with the Police and Prisons relocation and have gone as far as declaring the already demolished and built up parts as illegal. Only few Government officials bought the Shell Camp estate but rather mostly private individuals who paid high amounts and issued with Imo Government receipt. During the time of Okorocha Real Estate and Hospitality was booming so much in Owerri that once a new layout is opened it got built up within months but because of this bad habit of new Government nullifying C of O issued by their predecessor people are no longer confident in investing in the State. For sometime people have been marketing what they called 3R estate at very cheap price with little or no interest by the public. That 3R are layouts opened by present Government which the next one might as well set up a panel and declare illegal.

Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by YouAreNobody: 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
marvellous2222:
Use and dump, this man should be in prison for misappropriation of fund in office
3 of my plots of land at Orji was cornered by this man, along with the other parcels of land there
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by onuman: 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2023
Abagworo:

In 1951 the the Eastern regional government gave the land to Shell Petroleum as headquaters and base for Eastern operations because the first exploration was around Owerri area. Shell later left Owerri and the land became vacant and inherited by Imo State Government from East Central State. Alvan used part of the land as makeshift quarters and people also built informal houses and shanties on the land as Nigerians normally do. When Okorocha was Governor and rebuilding old Owerri he with the assembly agreed on clearing Shell Camp and turning it to a modern estate that would run from Orlu road through the old Police headquaters and Prisons. New Police headquaters and New Prisons were built at Avu and it was expected that his successor would continue the demolition and clearing of the old ones but because of stupiid politics his successors refused to continue with the Police and Prisons relocation and have gone as far as declaring the already demolished and built up parts as illegal. Only few Government officials bought the Shell Camp estate but rather mostly private individuals who paid high amounts and issued with Imo Government receipt. During the time of Okorocha Real Estate and Hospitality was booming so much in Owerri that once a new layout is opened it got built up within months but because of this bad habit of new Government nullifying C of O issued by their predecessor people are no longer confident in investing in the State. For sometime people have been marketing what they called 3R estate at very cheap price with little or no interest by the public. That 3R are layouts opened by present Government which the next one might as well set up a panel and declare illegal.

Why moan lengthy? Why couldn't Okorocha acquire the vast lands between his Ogboko, Orlu and Orsu; build just roads in the area, portion out new layouts in the area for private and public development so that the lands in the place shall appreciate in value, perhaps more valuable than lands in Owerri? Today's govt would have been on urban expansion and modern development in that area.
Instead, Okorocha got mired with his government in acquiring Owerri lands, expansion and modern development of Owerri city.
He even abandoned halfway the urban renewal he started in Anara, Umuaka, Okigwe, Orlu etc.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by onuman: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
triple996:
land is scarce in biafra land. The little remaining has been overrun by ugm that is d reason 4 all this fight now between okorocha, and all the others

Land is not scarce in Orlu and Okigwe areas of Biafra.
What happens in Imo state is that since 2007, Ohakim, Okorocha, Uche Nwosu, and Uzodinma have been dancing naked on the streets of Owerri competing over who among them will be credited with developing Owerri to international standard.
In the competition, they arrested development in their respective hometown in Okigwe and Orlu zones.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by Abagworo(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
onuman:

Why moan lengthy? Why couldn't Okorocha acquire the vast lands between his Ogboko, Orlu and Orsu; build just roads in the area, portion out new layouts in the area for private and public development so that the lands in the place shall appreciate in value, perhaps more valuable than lands in Owerri? Today's govt would have been on urban expansion and modern development in that area.
Instead, Okorocha got mired with his government in acquiring Owerri lands, expansion and modern development of Owerri city.
He even abandoned halfway the urban renewal he started in Anara, Umuaka, Okigwe, Orlu etc.

Government is a Continuum and that is the only way to achieve meaningful development. What one Governor cannot complete then his successor continues until they are eventually realized. Eko Atlantic has continued for more than 16 years and still ongoing but yet to be completed after 3 successive Governments but shall surely be completed in future. We should learnto understand the difference between individual and Government.
Re: Alvan Ikoku: Panel Indicts Okorocha Over Forceful Acquisition Of Land by triple996(m): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
onuman:

Land is not scarce in Orlu and Okigwe areas of Biafra.
What happens in Imo state is that since 2007, Ohakim, Okorocha, Uche Nwosu, and Uzodinma have been dancing naked on the streets of Owerri competing over who among them will be credited with developing Owerri to international standard.
In the competition, they arrested development in their respective hometown in Okigwe and Orlu zones.

Ok sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines / Lawyer Sues FG Over Refusal To Confirm Onnoghen As CJN / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.