Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month (47299 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / List Of 20 African Countries Where Workers Earn Highest Minimum Wages Per Month / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Dogalmighty17: 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
jmoore:
Those b
[/left][left]
abablu clowns were shouting on how Nigeria has the cheapest petrol in west Africa. As if the limit of Nigeria is to be 'giant' of west africa.

See how many countries have better minimum wage than Nigeria.
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by luckyz4rea(m): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
backtovillage:
Why is giant of Africa missing?
I hear say their security forces still fighting each other for supremacy
I hear say their citizen are into drugs
I hear say dem neva host world cup
I hear say their legislature is all about sharing money.
I hear say their president still trying to get the country in order
I hear say opposition wan burn down country because of third position

This same Seychelles, our brothers went there only to spoil our image.

Giant of Africa is missing because they don’t pay minimum wage
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by mrvitalis(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Procashtips:

Your minimum wage was $170 under PDP?

Are you smoking?
Lol u didn't know 30k was $175 ? Sounds too good to be true abi

It was $200 when it was moved to 30k because exchange rate was #150 to a dollar

When PDP left dollar was 180
Making minimum wage $166.6666 approximately $170 ... Hope u are happy now
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Timoleon(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Our population
Walter042:
With all this evidence present why are we still called the giant of Africa
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Godfirst2014: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Source: the nation news paper.And no backlash. God forgive this nation
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by patrickcollins: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

My advice to Tinubu is that he should first of all weed out ghost workers then sack lazy workers, thirdly make the work force very productive at optimum efficiency. To be frank the government is paying money for zero productivity and am glad it is nothing to write home about. Justice served!

Fourthly Tinubu should increase the pay based on productivity. People cannot be collecting salaries for not working only to go to office and be gossiping.

The senators and house of reps, ministers and other principals are the unserious workers sharing money for doing nothing and should go first
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Kukutente23: 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
PDP and APC have both failed woefully since 1999, so?
APC has performed far worse than PDP
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
patrickcollins:
The senators and house of reps, ministers and other principals are the unserious workers sharing money for doing nothing and should go first

That's another good observation.
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by airsaylongcome: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Tooh obgenu taaan o.

Na only Seychelles & Morocco I fit stay.

Even England here na £10.50/hr

Monthly house rent of 2 beds in London here will take £1700 monthly .(Outside will be 1200 fr 2 beds)
U need like £215 for Train pass (zone 1 -4 =£58+ weekly l, if na zone 1-5 its £70 X WEEKS)
U GO Feed family £300 monthly

Is this £10.50/hr, London's minimum wage?
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Exjoker(m): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
chikason22:
Yet the so called giant of Africa minimum wage is not up to $40. Shame.
Corruption have destroyed this country.
🙁🙁🙁🙁
this minimum is base on dollar to naira conversion... If the naira can regain it value against the dollar. It will be higher than this... In fact, it can even be one of the highest in the world...

grin grin grin

But the question is when....
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by okechuks22: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
Whhy don't u put zoo republic minimum wage here
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by purplekayc(m): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
undecided
mrvitalis:
Nigeria is barely $35 sad from $170 under PDP

APC is just plain evil as a party
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by fijihems: 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
backtovillage:
Why is giant of Africa missing?
No West Africa country (land of Coup De Ta)

The question should be "why has the giant of Africa become the dwarf of Africa "?
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by jojothaiv(m): 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
Racoon:
So Nigerian minimum wage is nothing to write home about yet the government is insulting the sensibility of its citizens that the cost of petrol is cheaper here than elsewhere in Africa? Giant of Africa for mouth.
That nigga na weyrey, pesin wey dey on colos
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Procashtips(m): 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol u didn't know 30k was $175 ? Sounds too good to be true abi

It was $200 when it was moved to 30k because exchange rate was #150 to a dollar

When PDP left dollar was 180
Making minimum wage $166.6666 approximately $170 ... Hope u are happy now

Question should be, was the ₦30k buying what $175 would buy?

To me, its foolish converting currency when both do not worth same amount if exchanged between the 2 countries.
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by DaRuud(m): 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by tctrills: 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It was above $250 under the military. It's so sad the PDP and APC have ruin our economy.
Yes oh, under the military Nigeria was so good. NEPA no dey take light. Food was so cheap. Keep fooling yourself.
My parents were civil servants and I know the huge difference we felt at home from 1999 to the early 2000s.
That was actually when civil servants began buying cars.
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by bnovative(m): 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

I'm usually not impressed by these comparisons of different Countries' Minimum Wages, Prices of Fuel etc.
What matters is the Purchasing Power & Standard of Living.

A man in Ibadan that earns 100k is essentially richer than his counterpart in Lagos or Abuja that earns same 100k.
How?
Cost of living is high any where in Nigeria.
House rent?
Petrol?
Power?
Food stuff?
Education?
Transportation?
You may wish to educate me under the above headings
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by headboyprince(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
josephsm823:

Most of those countries pay monthly rent.
Ghana, Benin, ivory coast rent are very high.
A room self contain in Ghana could be around 70k or more per month.
The comparison is bias lol😊
Cost of living in Nigeria is still cheaper if not cheapest.
lies no how, a small self contained will be 70k per month provide proofs with evidence..
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by josephsm823(m): 12:08am On Aug 17, 2023
headboyprince:
lies no how, a small self contained will be 70k per month provide proofs with evidence..

LoL..... Jiji dot com dot gh
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by lawani: 4:07am On Aug 17, 2023
The subsidy was removed and the saved money used for OTHER things before devaluing the currency while leaving the minimum wage constant
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by lawani: 4:08am On Aug 17, 2023
headboyprince:

It can't be that high. Only utilities Like electricity can be high.
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by vicfajeze: 6:13am On Aug 17, 2023
backtovillage:
Why is giant of Africa missing? No West Africa country (land of Coup De Ta) I hear say una security personnels still dey fight supremacy battle.

Which your brothers
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Thomasankara(m): 6:25am On Aug 17, 2023
[/color] Tunisia no dey,nawa o[color=#770077]
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by mrvitalis(m): 6:50am On Aug 17, 2023
Procashtips:

Question should be, was the ₦30k buying what $175 would buy?

To me, its foolish converting currency when both do not worth same amount if exchanged between the 2 countries.
Absolutely
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by Blackdisciple(m): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2023
Hmmm...! cry cry cry

Nigeria is no were to be found..
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by headboyprince(m): 9:04am On Aug 17, 2023
josephsm823:

LoL..... Jiji dot com dot gh
lol post screenshots from the site yourself to prove it..
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by DesChyko: 9:05am On Aug 17, 2023
orisa37:
THANKS. PLEASE GIVE US THE REST, THEIR EARNINGS AND RATINGS.

You're not a researcher?
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by LUGBE: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2023
embarassed
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by wizod(m): 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
IT'S BETTER WE RETURN TO DEMOCRATIC MILITARY RULE
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by DOM7: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Let those idiots saying Nigeria fuel is the cheapest talk, we haven't even start mentioning housing, roads, education, employment and health Nigeria will not still be in top ten.
Re: List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
Yet the government will defend themselves by saying our oil price is the cheapest in Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / David Hundeyin: How Toyosi Ogunseye Sexually Harasses Men, Sabotages Careers / I Can’t Drive Car Despite Driving Trucks – Ademola Omolade (Female Truck Driver)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.