Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? (34296 Views)

PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia / Check Out The Most Handsome Super Eagles Players Going To Russia 2018 World Cup! / The Most Handsome Super Eagles Players Going To Russia 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by grandstar(m): 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
complexstuffs:

Americans are not that I to football as much because they have other sports they watch like basketball and baseball

I am not condemning Americans. I am just saying it as it is.

I know they prefer their American football. They also have basketball and baseball as you mentioned.

Thank you
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by olaztek(m): 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ronaldo is the most competitive player in the history of football. His competing spirit is the reason all football lovers enjoys the rivalry between him and Messi.

He's no dull player and he always bring attention to wherever league he finds himself.
Many players called to play the Saudi league will think to themselves that atleast Ronaldo is there..

Ronaldo Effect.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by Uchesis: 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
Owochogod:
Because of cristiano he's the pacesetter.
So when Ronaldo retires, what happens?
Make Saudi dey play. European football will always be number one
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by tuzle(m): 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
Uchesis:

Bro calm down.
What i mean is that Messi doesn't want people to think that he went to Saudi because of Ronaldo, because that is what cr7 fans will say
grin
The Saudi league will still fall like the Chinese league did. Remember when every tom dick and harry was going to China
not player of this capacity and Saudi has the money to maintain except the government back out later like the Chinese government did.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by Inner19(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
Is Saudi Arabia a safe country to live in?

Are there Nigerians living and working there?

Are Christian living there?
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by mkoabiola: 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
Which kind jamb question be this

Hian

U see d money in loved u de ask mumu question
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by uncleade(m): 10:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
Petrol dollars is nobody's mate.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by gr8child(m): 10:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by Uchesis: 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
tuzle:
not player of this capacity and Saudi has the money to maintain except the government back out later like the Chinese government did.
As long as the money is coming from govt, it will back out one day, especially when they discover that the world still prefers European football to theirs.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by Originalsly: 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
mayor1814:
Money.

How many player younger than 27 do u see going there to play?

Young superstars like Bellingham, Saka, Musiala, Enzo etc will never go to such a league.

Were they asked to go? Is any of them household names? The Saudis want famous players.... superstars .....not up and coming stars.

@ topic ... it is all about the money ... the same reason the players move from one European club to the other.... theybwojld even .ove to India if the offer is better.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by tuzle(m): 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
Uchesis:

As long as the money is coming from govt, it will back out one day, especially when they discover that the world still prefers European football to theirs.
it is all to build their image that outsiders sha.u know Saudi gets a lot of income from tourism. So using it all this players to attract interest from the outside world and if u think about it, it has actually worked to an extent. I read fox sport USA bought tv right for their matches. They have a lot of quality to bring people's interest although not like Europe, but many people will be interested in their league from hence forth. Saudi league that I knew nothing about last two seasons but I can now mention 5 to 6 teams from there

1 Like

Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by nairalanda1(m): 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
tuzle:
not even the Chinese league spent like this. The Saudis have the money and are being backed by the leaders, so I see them surviving. This is just a season and they have bought many top qualities from Europe(I know people will say they are old and pass their prime bla bla). Give them 2 to 3years and if something isn't done to control their signings, they will sign many more, even young players will troup their. England too spend a lot of money on players and nobody is screaming that they are damaging football so why should their be uproar over Saudi now. Let me go back to the place where I mentioned top quality, the likes of neves, savic, firmiho, merez, neymar, kante and many more will still enter many top teams starting lineup in Europe.

The Chinese too had a lot of money, and of course the Americans had more money...but at the end, it kind of collapsed.

To be honest, I don't like what the Saudis are doing. I would rather they channeled that money into developing decent young players...because the Saudi national team can, and does play good football on their day....than spend it on buying big stars for nothing. At the end, you end up like England, lots of big stars from other countries, fewer young product coming up....and then it has a negative effect on the national team.

If they can develop a good league with their local players, the foreign stars would come on their own without anyone enticing them with billion dollar contracts. I mean, a lot of countries did it.

The Saudis are repeating the mistakes the US, and to some extent the Chinese did. When the bubble burst, no one needed to tell the US that football development begins from the roots up.

Modifed

They should do what the Japanese did...when Japan set up a professional league in 1990, they intially splashed out money on super star players for the first ten to fifteen years. They also spent a lot developing home grown talent...so the game continued to grow in Japan. We don't want a Saudi version of the NASL.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by mayor1814: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
lascos912:
dey there dey deceive yourself

Tell a hot player like osimhen or vini jnr or Haaland and others in their calibre to go there. It won't even happen.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by Mosba: 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ronaldo will convert to Islam las las
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by mayor1814: 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
Originalsly:

Were they asked to go? Is any of them household names? The Saudis want famous players.... superstars .....not up and coming stars.

@ topic ... it is all about the money ... the same reason the players move from one European club to the other.... theybwojld even .ove to India if the offer is better.

U call Bellingham and Saka and Enzo upcoming stars? Clearly u know nothing bout football.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
Obasempiree:
Of recent many Top football stars have made shocking transfers to Saudi Arabia, from the likes to Ronaldo, benzema and many more. Aside the huge financial benefits attached to contracts given to players by Saudi clubs, what could be other reasons players might be going to Saudi Arabia. ?

Ighalo don answer am

Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by Jsucre(m): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Owo wa lowo yin, e je ka bayin na....
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by aktolly54(m): 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
Obasempiree:

Yea, really surprised @neymar though at just 31. Maybe money has corrupted passion for the game lol.
Just 2yrs to cash out for Neymar. He will be back in Barca after they sack xavi for manager

Na the reason he go Saudi be that, he don't want to stay under xavi and if xavi remains coach for life then he's not coming back to Barca again
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by quickly: 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
Obasempiree:
Of recent many Top football stars have made shocking transfers to Saudi Arabia, from the likes to Ronaldo, benzema and many more. Aside the huge financial benefits attached to contracts given to players by Saudi clubs, what could be other reasons players might be going to Saudi Arabia. ?

They told Neymar for any post he makes on instagram 500000euros

Their end goal is hosting World Cup in 2030

Saudi saw the power that Qatar held hosting World Cup.

It’s the same way companies high social media influencers. Saudi is doing the same investing in soccer for soft power
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by kamtamark(m): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
Arabs have plans to take over football from the European in some years to come .
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by enemyofprogress: 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
Their going there will favour me and my family
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by tuzle(m): 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

The Chinese too had a lot of money, and of course the Americans had more money...but at the end, it kind of collapsed.

To be honest, I don't like what the Saudis are doing. I would rather they channeled that money into developing decent young players...because the Saudi national team can, and does play good football on their day....than spend it on buying big stars for nothing. At the end, you end up like England, lots of big stars from other countries, fewer young product coming up....and then it has a negative effect on the national team.

If they can develop a good league with their local players, the foreign stars would come on their own without anyone enticing them with billion dollar contracts. I mean, a lot of countries did it.

The Saudis are repeating the mistakes the US, and to some extent the Chinese did. When the bubble burst, no one needed to tell the US that football development begins from the roots up.

Modifed

They should do what the Japanese did...when Japan set up a professional league in 1990, they intially splashed out money on super star players for the first ten to fifteen years. They also spent a lot developing home grown talent...so the game continued to grow in Japan. We don't want a Saudi version of the NASL.
they are doing most of it because of their image. They want to host the world cup and they feel the presence of foreign players will give them a good image that has already been stained which the home grown players can't change. U should read up on what happened to Chinese league. The government basically killed it.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by quickly: 11:24pm On Aug 16, 2023
Obasempiree:

Another reason is they want to turn Saudi into a sports hub. Remember Joshua vs Andy Ruiz and Fury vs wilder 2 or 3 it was in Saudi.

They are looking to diversify

They are playing 5D chess on a global stage.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by BALLOSKI: 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
Obasempiree:

Yea, really surprised @neymar though at just 31. Maybe money has corrupted passion for the game lol.
Passion for where? Money runs the game now.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
Benjamin
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by Adakintroy: 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
Platini and Wenger warn them. Once you open that money door..no one can predict were it leads.

It may even spell the downfall of European league altogether
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by happney65: 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
See Jamb Question
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
aktolly54:
Just 2yrs to cash out for Neymar. He will be back in Barca after they sack xavi for manager

Na the reason he go Saudi be that, he don't want to stay under xavi and if xavi remains coach for life then he's not coming back to Barca again

What did xavi do to him??
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by highness25(m): 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
Obasempiree:
Nigeria self will start buying them for our league too very soon.
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by pargelenis(m): 11:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
Money is the only reason players go there. Your skills have diminished, top European clubs are no longer offering you huge contracts and a starting role in their lineup. Then comes Saudi Arabia offering you an INSANELY huge amount of money to play in their Subhanallah league … so hard to resist.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by pargelenis(m): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
mayor1814:
U call Bellingham and Saka and Enzo upcoming stars? Clearly u know nothing bout football.
Who in your view are the upcoming stars instead?
Re: Why Are Players Going To Saudi Arabia? by NAC1666: 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Obasempiree:
It's all for the Benjamin bro..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aston Villa Win Playoffs Final, Promoted To English Premier League (Photos) / Floyd Mayweather Was Paid $3million For Spending His Vacation In Beijing, China / The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.