Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness (22922 Views)

"You Have Ulterior Motives" - Malami Reply SW Governors Over Sanwo-Olu/CSP Saga / New Cabinet List: Akpabio, Aregbesola, Ambode May Get Seats, Presidency Explains / New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by BALLOSKI: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2023
miketayo:

This is why most Islamic countries or countries with 30% or more muslims are not peaceful.
So you will pick religion over competence. You people always find trouble when there is none
false. The biggest war in the world right now is between 2 nations dominated by Christians.
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by BALLOSKI: 10:28am On Aug 17, 2023
ISLAMBAD:
I thought Igbos are the ones dividing yorubas along religious lines with the tag " Yoruba Muslim" , that Yoruba is Yoruba, that religion doesn't matter in SW ?

Self deceit/denial is the worst thing a man can do to himself
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

Where were you when the church called for a christian governor to succeed Fashola, as no Christian governor has ruled lagos before? That's where this divisive madness started. The church created what you're seeing in Lagos now.

Muslims are in the majority in lagos and in the entire southwest. You hypocritical christians should speak against injustice even when it favours you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by miketayo(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2023
BALLOSKI:
false. The biggest war in the world right now is between 2 nations dominated by Christians.

Who is talking about war, and is the war about religion?
I am talking about religion issues, I stayed in Asia for a long time so I know what I am saying. From Yemen to India, those countries have Islamic religious issues where they kill themselves. Everyone is always claiming to be more Muslim than the other. You will hardly see religious issues in countries with less than 10% Muslims

2 Likes

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by bayelsaowei(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2023
Na them sabi
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by enemyofprogress: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2023
That's all they know, causing trouble everywhere in the world
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by HRMK: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2023
I BLV TINUBU'S MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET IS GIVING THE NIGERIAN MUSLIMS THE WRONG IMPRESSION OF NOW BN IN CONTROL OF THE COUNTRY!IF NOT ATTACKING TRADITIONALISTS,IT WILL BE THE CHRISTIANS!WERE THEIR FOREFATHERS MUSLIMS OR TRADITIONALISTS?THE OTHER TWO ARE FOREIGN RELIGIONS BROUGHT TO THE COUNTRY!NO RELIGION IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER!!

1 Like

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Akaegwu(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2023
IPOB, we have done it again
ISLAMBAD:
I thought Igbos are the ones dividing yorubas along religious lines with the tag " Yoruba Muslim" , that Yoruba is Yoruba, that religion doesn't matter in SW ?

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Badguy77(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2023
Idiots what was their take on the APC Muslim Muslim ticket... Hippocrates... God knows I hate this people
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Acidosis(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2023
Ahh so they can't accept what they preach? They don't want government of competence anymore?
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Walz001: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2023
The Africa we know is crumbling day by day

We really need to change Our Thought and the ways we do things in this part of the World

No growth no development no gain just selfishness and greed everywhere

MAY GOD HELP US ALL
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Brendaniel: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2023
JAMO84:
As long as they can deliver, no need for all these protest. Some religion leaders are sponsored by politicians to protest for their selfish interest. 99% of we Muslims in Lagos State do not have issue with the list, that list is full of competent people who have shown capacity in the past.

Go and tell that to MURIC....
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Akaegwu(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2023
Moslem majority in southwest? Keep on deceiving yourself.
BALLOSKI:
Where were you when the church called for a christian governor to succeed Fashola, as no Christian governor has ruled lagos before? That's where this divisive madness started. The church created what you're seeing in Lagos now.

Muslims are in the majority in lagos and in the entire southwest. You hypocritical christians should speak against injustice even when it favours you.

3 Likes

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Zooposki(f): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2023
We in the South South better start preparing on how to move away/exit from these Yoruba Muslims before we are consumed right along with them. Let South West, North West, Niger and Kwara form their new country. A split down the middle.
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by odaniel1(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2023
ideynl1:
As a Yoruba Muslim, the governor should know that Yoruba Muslims represent the majority in the SW and we should have the highest number of political appointments.

Yoruba Christian’s can’t have exceeding number of appointments than we the Yoruba Muslims.

You are ravaging bunkers. I detest people like you because you are the problem we have with Nigeria today. How in God's name do you call yourself a well-thinking being with this sort of mindset?
Why do you feel entitled? What does it matter where a person is from or what denomination he/she belongs? Do you not see that it is the ability/capacity to function that counts? Why waste your education (if i do a background check, you shd have a minimum of an SSCE certificate) so brazenly?

1 Like

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by mignone(f): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2023
miketayo:

Who is talking about war, and is the war about religion?
I am talking about religion issues, I stayed in Asia for a long time so I know what I am saying. From Yemen to India, those countries have Islamic religious issues where they kill themselves. Everyone is always claiming to be more Muslim than the other. You will hardly see religious issues in countries with less than 10% Muslims
In fact, who says d so-called countries are Christian-dominated? They're mostly free-thinkers who hardly believe in any God, but ppl are always quick to label all non-Muslims as Christians.

1 Like

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by masseratti: 11:06am On Aug 17, 2023
DeLaRue:
I wonder how the Governor arrived at such huge disparity. Fairness is easy to do, but some people choose a different path.

By the way, section 14 (4) of the Constitution that is always quoted by people who claim discrimination does not mandate equality of representation in appointments. All it says is that the appointing authority should recognise the diversity of people in its area. Legally, it would be difficult to prove the Governor is in breach of the Constitution because he made fewer appointments from a particular group.

That's because 'diversity' in the context of section 14 (4) is not restricted to religion. Other measures of diversity in the Lagos appointments will include Gender (female representation), and Tribe. In a court, non Yorubas in Lagos are more likely to succeed in an action to enforce section 14 (4) than those clamouring on religious grounds.

it does not even have anything to do with religion rather it has to do with ethnicity and tribe, by Their arguments traditionalist should also demand appointment.. Be that as it may I don't think it's fair to have 30 xtians and just 8 muss in his cabinet, definitely there are more xtians in Lagos state than Muslims but the lagosian Muslims are much more active politically than the xtians in the states.. Hence why most house of assembly members and LCDA with senators and house of reps members are Muslims in the state.
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by FILEBE(m): 11:12am On Aug 17, 2023
It's not because of what they have to offer but what they have to embezzle.

When religious leaders start dragging for political office you should know it isn't about Religion again.
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by FILEBE(m): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2023
masseratti:
it does not even have anything to do with religion rather it has to do with ethnicity and tribe, by Their arguments traditionalist should also demand appointment.. Be that as it may I don't think it's fair to have 30 xtians and just 8 muss in his cabinet, definitely there are more xtians in Lagos state than Muslims but the lagosian Muslims are much more active politically than the xtians in the states.. Hence why most house of assembly members and LCDA with senators and house of reps members are Muslims in the state.

Are we just after representation or making the country work? Of what good is being represented and nothing to show for it? Where is Ilorin in today's Nigeria? Where is Benue in today's Nigeria?

All these divisions are unnecessary. If Nigeria has gotten there now, I would mind. But we haven't gotten anywhere yet we worry about tribes, religion of representatives than his performance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Joefixy(m): 11:20am On Aug 17, 2023
ideynl1:
As a Yoruba Muslim, the governor should know that Yoruba Muslims represent the majority in the SW and we should have the highest number of political appointments.

Yoruba Christian’s can’t have exceeding number of appointments than we the Yoruba Muslims.
Gullible beings....🤣
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Prince111111: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2023
ideynl1:

they are talking about Lagos you are there saying Southwest. Are Muslims the majority in Lagos or Christians?? Na WA oooo
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Nyi23245: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2023
Them no born the Yoruba Muslim well if we the ilajes dey silent dem think say we be fools una wan collect we never get una time na water we go use kill of una for that Lagos
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Jeilani244(m): 11:39am On Aug 17, 2023
Honestly governor sanwo olu is not been fair to the Muslims, and come to think of it the block votes came from the Muslims in the state. This is an injustice to the Muslims community in the state
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Chucks13: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2023
Dreamhighnow:
Religion of Piss

They were blind during buhari abi

They are not only blind during Buhari they are dumb and deaf join together. Very useless attention seeking people, haters of peace.

When the bastard in Ilorin stopped the Isese peopple where were these world worst mistake?

1 Like

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Crafteck1: 11:53am On Aug 17, 2023
ideynl1:

Wow grin
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
Nigeria is not ready, 🤦‍♀️
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Crafteck1:

Wow grin

Let me land a hand

WOW!!! This country never ceases to amaze me

1 Like

Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by Brunicekid(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
They should explain why the number one and two positions at the Federal level is occupied by a Muslim.
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by luluman: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
ISLAMBAD:

Is this how wide your mouth is? Little wonder it cannot properly close.
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by BabaIbo: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
updatechange:
Religion is about to eat up the biggest tribe in Africa!!!… sad, smh!!

Mu², who dash them the biggest tribe in Africa?
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by obyrich(m): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
DeLaRue:
I wonder how the Governor arrived at such huge disparity. Fairness is easy to do, but some people choose a different path.

By the way, section 14 (4) of the Constitution that is always quoted by people who claim discrimination does not mandate equality of representation in appointments. All it says is that the appointing authority should recognise the diversity of people in its area. Legally, it would be difficult to prove the Governor is in breach of the Constitution because he made fewer appointments from a particular group.

That's because 'diversity' in the context of section 14 (4) is not restricted to religion. Other measures of diversity in the Lagos appointments will include Gender (female representation), and Tribe. In a court, non Yorubas in Lagos are more likely to succeed in an action to enforce section 14 (4) than those clamouring on religious grounds.

Are the appointees not Lagosians? Do they lack competency to deliver?
Re: Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness by DOM7: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
When it comes to Nigeria Muslim Muslim ticket has no problem is competency that matters now is religion that matters in Lagos bunch of devilish hypocrites I pray the governor should not even respond and go ahead with the screening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Bombs Boko Haram Convoy, 15 Terrorists Killed, Many Wounded / Suleiman Hashimu To Trek For Buhari Again / Senate Warns Police: Vacate Akwa Ibom House of Assembly or risk 6-month sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.