Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,776 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? (15903 Views)

Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Moshybear(f): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Thoughty2:

That guy is right. He has mastered how to have peace of mind as a Nigerian. Simply have no expectations.

Judiciary will likely disappoint you and there will definitely be no revolution. Both the government and people are a stupid bunch (majority)
It's soo sad what corruption has done to this country. It's a pity. Credibility is completely nonexistent. Only God can save us from this mess cry
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Moshybear(f): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Deaconess, yes.
That's what you'll be to me, henceforth.
And you'll be pastor to me henceforth grin cheesy
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by BoldBrainz(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2023
Moshybear:
And you'll be pastor to me henceforth grin cheesy

Funny indeed.
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by sweethoney1234(f): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
AMAZON/EMERGE PROJECT GOT ME. at least i can now fend for myself and also support my husband. Thank God i discovered the platform. if u havent join the amazon project please do oo. Nigeria is gradually falling into recession.. so that when men are shouting there is a casting down we go dey shout there is a lifiting up,
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Claire104: 12:00am On Aug 18, 2023
Na patience get me o... husband is doing his best sha and I know God will open the way for us soon...

2 Likes

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Mayhem1: 1:13am On Aug 18, 2023
DenreleDave:
Women, You are allowed to vent your anger and frustrations here..... Feel free..

This ìṣ a faceless forum....

Shey whalaha no too much like this...?

Na women we dey ask, na man full here with complains grin grin grin grin grin
na men full nairaland
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by DenreleDave(m): 4:50am On Aug 18, 2023
Claire104:
Na patience get me o... husband is doing his best sha and I know God will open the way for us soon...

So when/ where is the limit of your patience since you said your husband is doing his best?
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by peculiar111(f): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2023
It is well my people.all my salary is spent on food to support the amount my husband gives.
No buying of Aso ebi....no buying of unnecessary things.
The most important thing at dis period in Nigeria is feeding and trying to be in good health.
God will see us through.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by lovemaths(f): 7:11am On Aug 18, 2023
This is the information age. You don't have any reason to be poor. I am employed and I also have side hustles. You can't depend on one source of income at a time like this.

I have a group on WhatsApp and and telegram where I post legit opportunities to learn skills (free and paid), get business grants, etc

All you need to join is just pay a token to subscribe.

f you are into to join, send me a message on Whatsapp 0 8 1 6 695 8860
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Queenesy: 7:59am On Aug 18, 2023
As a teacher, with four children to chater for, it is very very difficult.
I really want to do other business but no capital. Somebody please help me start up.
6321570942 Fidelity Bank Plc
Esther Onyeachor
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Mamci: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2023
I earn 150k,very low because it finishes within one week.
Hubby gives 150k but increased it to 250k two months ago,I previously save 50k but increased it to 100k monthly. So grateful to Hubby,God will continue to bless and protect him always Amen.
I have parked my car even though he insists I use it to work,to fill my car now is about 44k and it lasts just for two weeks ooo,I won't spend 88k on fuel for one month when I have 6 kids to feed.
I have been on low cut for two years and enjoying it.
Making hair is extremely painful for me including ordinary weaving,now I no longer endure such pains and sleepless nights for days and losing hair same day I made it,the beautiful thing is I spend only 500 naira on it every two months just to cut it

Prior to this economic wahala,I have always bought things in bulk
Yam in March 100 tubers
Oil ending of February or early March 50 litres
Crayfish in September 1bag or I share a bag with someone that wants quarter bag
Beans in December a bag and half
Dry fish first week of December half carton
I buy beverages in bulk too
Milk in carton,I buy small,hanging sachets. Peak is now 20k,I seriously monitor the usage
Milo in carton
Then liquid milk for pap in pack, I process the pap by myself,far cheaper
I go to local market for garri,18k worth of garri for 4months or more depending
I avoid buying things in the street,rip off
I go to slaughter for meat,cheaper
I make soup and stew twice in a month,saves cost
You're not allowed to boil water for bathing with gas,if you can't put on the heater in your bathroom while there's light,be ready to have a cold shower
Now that my older kids are home from school and in charge of washing and cleaning, I made a liquid soap for them and reduced the quantity of soda ash, even added glycerine for their skin.I won't buy mama lemon 1k, viva soap 400 naira ,including omo detergent of 1700 every two days,nope.
No more buying of sachet water,a set is now 2,500 and it lasts for 8 days with the whole house littered with unfinished sachets of water and dripping. We now boil water with big pot,allow it to grow cold then transfer to cans,that's about 8,750 saved in a month

I shop for the kids once in a year,foot wears,clothes,toys and whatever

I haven't bought any cloth for myself this year,I'm making due with what I have

Kids sleep under mosquito net,it's a must because I don't have the strength and money to fuel the car to take anybody to hospital, we're under NHIS

I want to learn a digital skill or go into foodstuff business/storage,dealing in red oil,beans, Crayfish, melon,yam,corn etc. It has to be lucrative because 25 litres of oil which was sold for 14k early March is now double that price,bag of beans I bought for 55k in December sold for 80k few months later,I don't know how much it is now
My kids eat everything and anything, I didn't indulge them in that bad habit of being picky with food
We make all sorts of snacks at home,thank God for covid lockdown and YouTube so now we go out once in a
Luxury or necessity,but no more fuel for generator,we have 50,000MAh oraimo power bank and torches

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by ahnie: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2023
You have really prepared down as of the world wants to ends...Lolz
nice one.
Mamci:
Hubby gives 150k but increased it to 250k two months ago,I previously save 50k but increased it to 100k monthly. So grateful to Hubby,God will continue to bless and protect him always Amen.
I have parked my car even though he insists I use it to work,to fill my car now is about 44k and it lasts just for two weeks ooo,I won't spend 88k on fuel for one month when I have 6 kids to feed.
Making hair is extremely painful for me including ordinary weaving,now I no longer endure such pains and sleepless nights for days and losing hair same day I made it,the beautiful thing is I spend only 500 naira on it every two months just to cut it

Yam in March 100 tubers
Milk in carton,I buy small,hanging sachets. Peak is now 20k,I seriously monitor the usage
Milo in carton
You're not allowed to boil water for bathing with gas,if you can't put on the heater in your bathroom while there's light,be ready to have a cold shower
Now that my older kids are home from school and in charge of washing and cleaning, I made a liquid soap for them and reduced the quantity of soda ash, even added glycerine for their skin.I won't buy mama lemon 1k, viva soap 400 naira ,including omo detergent of 1700 every two days,nope.
No more buying of sachet water,a set is now 2,500 and it lasts for 8 days with the whole house littered with unfinished sachets of water and dripping. We now boil water with big pot,allow it to grow cold then transfer to cans,that's about 8,750 saved in a month

Kids sleep under mosquito net,it's a must because I don't have the strength and money to fuel the car to take anybody to hospital, we're under NHIS

I want to learn a digital skill or go into foodstuff business/storage,dealing in red oil,beans, Crayfish, melon,yam,corn etc. It has to be lucrative because 25 litres of oil which was sold for 14k early March is now double that price,bag of beans I bought for 55k in December sold for 80k few months later,I don't know how much it is now
My kids eat everything and anything, I didn't indulge them in that bad habit of being picky with food
We make all sorts of snacks at home,thank God for covid lockdown and YouTube so now we go out once in a
Luxury or necessity,but no more fuel for generator,we have 50,000MAh oraimo power bank and torches

I buy foodstuffs in bulks yam,oil,rice ,beans name them.wbat I need to cut down is frivolous spending going to the mall.

Another nice thing I do is always restocking the home with vario7s items.its well Sha.

Thank God it's only 2 kids I have and they're not picky.
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2023
Mamci:

Yam in March 100 tubers
Milo in carton

Nairaland is the world's largest catfishing site. Anybody can be anything
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2023
The burden of performance doesn't rest on a woman's shoulders, therefore, this thread is null and void.

It's not in a woman's place to worry about provision. It's a man's responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by DenreleDave(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
The burden of performance doesn't rest on a woman's shoulders, therefore, this thread is null and void.

It's not in a woman's place to worry about provision. It's a man's responsibility.

Why not delete it? Miss null & void

1 Like

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:24am On Aug 18, 2023
DenreleDave:

Why not delete it? Miss null & void

You don't have to be salty. I'm just stating the obvious.
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by DenreleDave(m): 10:27am On Aug 18, 2023
Mamci:
I

Wow.. I must commend you..... Imagine if u had just 2 kids or 3.....

Even with 6, you know how to do your things
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by DenreleDave(m): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

You don't have to be salty. I'm just stating the obvious.

It's bcox you people don't read well...

If u had, you would have seen the categories of women I put there..

Or in ur area, there are no irresponsible husband and single mothers?

My point is; read to understand. Not just to comment

Peace

3 Likes

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 18, 2023
fikayormi:
Dem tell you say dem dey hustle before ?

Oga dey cover am

To learn how to import phones and gadgets from the united state dm me , just 1k

Trust me with dis mad economy you need all the side gig
how will the knowledge be passed

PDF or Through whatsup tutorial
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Kachifav: 11:04am On Aug 18, 2023
A side hustle to support yourself or even doing it as a full time business.
Telecom business is an online business which your services are needed daily, you will sell
* Airtime
* Data
* Electricity bill payment
* Tv subscription
Visit; greatdelightsub.com.ng
Register for free and have access to buy data for a very low rate and resell
Imagine buying MTN 1gb@222 and resell at #300-#350 imagine selling 100GB in day with other services

For assistance Whatsapp: 08139209457

1 Like

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by fikayormi(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2023
Jantuuu:
how will the knowledge be passed

PDF or Through whatsup tutorial

It all in a pdf, you can also ask me anything
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Lovelydaisies: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
Mamci:

Yam in March 100 tubers
Milo in carton

Wow! Very detailed! I don't know how to make kids like and eat all foods. When they're toddlers, they're very picky.

May God sustain you and your family.
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Lovelydaisies: 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
I teach, hubby is a business man. We manage. The salary as a teacher is quite meager. I hope to diversify but I also want to go to school.
We try to eat well and healthy because, health is wealth. No time for sickness.

It's well.
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Rubyjade: 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2023
ednut1:
People should not be having more than 2 kids . If your are poor one child don do till things stabilize. Many married women are doing secret hook up to feed their kids.
You wey dey abroad, how you take know abi you don culuby one for naija
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by icankel: 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2023
Some men earn 50k per month while some women earn 100k per month from different men without having any job just through billing. Men don suffer abeg
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Free2Fly: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
Moshybear:
I never said that i receive directly from God. But he sends help through human beings.

When fellow humans make sacrifices to help us, we quickly, albeit ignorantly, attribute it to an unseen god.

That's not fair at all.
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by ednut1(m): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
Rubyjade:
You wey dey abroad, how you take know abi you don culuby one for naija
so because i go abroad yesterday. I no go sabi wetin dey sup for 9ja

1 Like

Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2023
fikayormi:

It all in a pdf, you can also ask me anything
okay send to me
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Rubyjade: 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2023
ednut1:
so because i go abroad yesterday. I no go sabi wetin dey sup for 9ja
it's obvious you have one already in Nigeria, talk tru
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by fikayormi(m): 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Jantuuu:
okay send to me

Told you it 1k
Re: Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
fikayormi:

Told you it 1k
no problem

How do we go about it

Drop your number

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Household Appliances Available / What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! / Nagging Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.