Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help (18602 Views)

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) / Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / Obiano Inspects Rice Irrigation At Ogbaru As Anambra Targets 600,000 MT Of Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by Yankee101: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2023
That much investment requires feasibility studies
On a good day you don’t even buy a house without knowing what it looks like in rainy season

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by AliEzeOlu: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2023
Kai! The Anambra state government needs to give this farm holder a hand in whatever little way possible.

My goodness!!!

This is so heartbreaking shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by Dannyblaze147(m): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2023
Too bad wat a Lost
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by pepetua(m): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2023
I pray for God's Devine restoration for this great loss.
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by thegr8est: 9:32am On Aug 17, 2023
what a loss
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by AmadeGTZ(m): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2023
Akerele44:

Share me ur whatsapp number

It’s on my bio sir
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by legba1(m): 9:33am On Aug 17, 2023
What with the east and flood/erosion. Some drastic measures need to be taken.

I feel for the owner if that farm . I just hope he has some form of insurance. I also hope those dead birds dont find their ways into peoples pot. If this is a good place, necessary government agency should be on ground to supervise cremation or burial. .itis well

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by saintnegroid(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2023
klintoski:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/616460-flood-kills-over-25000-birds-in-anambra-farm.html
Hence the need for insurance. I am writing a research on agricultural insurance scheme. We need as a matter of fact to venture into agric insurance so as curb all these menace of losses in agric sector. I am an insurance expert.
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by JasonNOTStatham: 9:35am On Aug 17, 2023
gregng:

What can 35k for me in a week?
Chibuzoripob:
U dnt need teacher.u and the headmaster can swap class and eat ur 35k alone or better still,employ SSCE cert holeer
People will still apply, Nigeria no be here? That's the salary they can afford. sad
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by JasonNOTStatham: 9:35am On Aug 17, 2023
saintnegroid:
Hence the need for insurance. I am writing a research on agricultural insurance scheme. We need as a matter of fact to venture into agric insurance so as curb all these menace of losses in agric sector. I am an insurance expert.
Agricultural insurance would be expensive in region like this...
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by harmargedon: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2023
tobyjacky:
I hope they don't sell these please
they can be sold to catfish owners, dogs and pig owners.
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2023
Too bad
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by Chibuzoripob: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:
People will still apply, Nigeria no be here? That's the salary they can afford. sad
probably substandard,mushrooms makeshift school.
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by Benwallt(m): 9:42am On Aug 17, 2023
Lord! Everywhere don cast
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by ribbit: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2023
tobyjacky:
What happened to selling them?

They died of natural cause not diseases.
They are safe for consumption if they process all of them immediately they died instead of waiting for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by highchief1: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2023
klintoski:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/616460-flood-kills-over-25000-birds-in-anambra-farm.html
a man that couldn’t fix a state wants to fix a country.And some cowards are believing him
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by HeraldAgric01(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2023
Nice suggestion, but most if not all refuse to insure livestock when you invite them to insure. I talk from experience. Those adverts is a farce. They don't do livestock
toluleke:
That why you should take Agric Insurance policy seriously. This is covered under Agric Insurance policy the Insurer will be the one to bear the grunt.

NOOR TAKAFUL is one of the best Insurance companies to insure with especially with their WIN WIN policy whereby you get a percentage of your contribution if you have no claim.

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by delpee(f): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2023
May God help this farmer. Hope he had insurance that can mitigate the loss a bit.

The poultry industry is really suffering. It seems the cost of chicken and eggs are about to rise again. Some poultries are closing down because the cost of feeding and maintenance have gone up drastically to wipe out expected profit.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by Slurity(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2023
THAT LOST IS NOT LESS THAT 200MILLION. THAT IS HUGE
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by latonione: 10:22am On Aug 17, 2023
Hope they have an insurance that covers this kind of event in place.
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by easzypeaszy(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2023
Pele paddy.
I wish na during campaigns.. Obi for dash u 10M sorry dude is tired state gov shld do somtin
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by Cjayboy: 10:30am On Aug 17, 2023
This is pathetic!!!
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by SMARTMOTORS(m): 10:41am On Aug 17, 2023
Damn! That's about 95million-100million
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by AmazingELixir: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2023
tobyjacky:

Why won't they be sold...they didn't die of diseases...if they're processed immediately after the disaster..it means they're not contaminated and asuch very ok for consumption.
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by OPICANTO2223: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2023
The birds were not diseased. It's still edible. It's a foolish idea to establish a poultry farm there. I did my secondary school there and seriously sorrounded by river niger and most of their food na crawfish, crab and different kinds of fish. An environment that water do pursue us out from our dometary every year. Classified foolishness that need diclassification
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by donbenie(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2023
accordadoga24:
Chai!!

This is so painful

We sympathize with them.

We are not lovers of bad news.

We are not cannibals.

K’ájà bi kí á kú kó

May this loss be replenished
No,you are backstabbers ..
And you are Skull Miners..
Your sympathy..
You can stuff it down your throat..
Until you choke on it.. 🥱

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by kay29000(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2023
Damn! That's a lot of dead birds. What a loss. When I lose just 10 birds in my poultry, I know how it feels. I can't even imagine how these guys feel right now.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by codemaniacs: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2023
OPICANTO2223:
The birds were not diseased. It's still edible.
AmazingELixir:

Why won't they be sold...they didn't die of diseases...if they're processed immediately after the disaster..it means they're not contaminated and asuch very ok for consumption.
ribbit:
What happened to selling them?

They died of natural cause not diseases.
They are safe for consumption if they process all of them immediately they died instead of waiting for a long time.

Flood water is not clean water.. flood water can cause typhoid, diarrhea, headache, death e.t.c

the chicken are all carrying diseases as long as they were in flood water and none of them is good for consumption.. selling them can land the sellers in prison.
Re: Anambra: Ogbaru Flood Kills 25,000 Birds, Farmer Cries For Help by barinedan(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2023
I feel your pains, it's a disastrous loss, but calling on the nddc to come to Anambra to construct a road is complete waste of time, to think that nddc that has not finish construction of roads and projects in the nine state under it's area of operation will come to Anambra to construct roads is a waste of appeal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / I Have 1million And I Want To Invest In Agricultural Farm Within Ondo State / Lagos Empowers 190 Youths, Women In Fish Cage Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.