Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? (6399 Views)

How To Re-start(hard-reset)a Blackberry Without Removing Battery / Help Unlocking A Blackberry Without Flash Box And Unlocking Software For Android / How To Charge Your Blackberry Without A Charger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
I just cant understand the Nigerian craze about Blackberry?

How is it better than the iphone or the Android?

BBM? Duh Many ppl here have unlimited text messages so whats the use of BBM
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by axlop(m): 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
Whether you are thinking of becoming (or are currently) home-based, or would like your own business to become more profitable, we offer a wide range of ways to help you succeed.

As an organization in Nigeria offering education, training, research and consultancy in sustainable management of tourism, travel and other allied sectors.  We realize that the country is in need of such professionals who can provide an excellent standard of products and services. We are devoted to the pursuit of higher knowledge in tourism and its dissemination to a diverse audience with our focus in meeting the changing needs of the tourism industry and play a pioneering role in the propagation and professionalisation of tourism education. Our efforts have been instrumental in evolving the fundamental framework for tourism education and training in Nigeria.

You will receive the secret and mystries of making good money without stress.

One Day Training Is Free
Send mail to mailaxlop@gmail.com given your name, phone number and email address to request for training schedule.

Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by benzion72(m): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2011
70 million people who choose to use BB cannot be wrong. Though some people abuse BBM but check it out how much you will spend sending test message to your love one on regular phone. BB still rule
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by pkv(m): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2011
chylind5:

Well, am a Nokia Staff and i can proudly tell u that BB is just all abt the name and doesnt have much to offer.

Making ppl do compulsory plans ie 3000k per month. Low battery quality, not user friendly, etc.

Check out the Nokia maps with voice and drive navigation, Nokia messaging Service ir the Push Email, Whats app messenger. Nokia accommodates the poor, the rich, and the average and BB only thinks of the high class in d society.

Check out the New Nokia E6. High resolution Touch screen, 8Mp camera (Best in Class), 8G internal memory, 5 Home screens, Qwerty Keypad,Microsoft Solutions for business email and chat, Fully integrated microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point). etcl. Can BB beat that phone

Abegii
gbam!!!u just enlightend d ignorant addicts, i beg make i enjoy my N900
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by adefo(m): 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2011
pkv:

gbam!!!u just enlightend d ignorant addicts, i beg make i enjoy my N900

my x6 make me feel like king,chatting wit my fwnd since morning with #7 only.nokia to much i neva miss any email,
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by wireless05: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2011
The title of the thread is What Is A Blackberry Without BBM?

Why all the criticism? yea i agree everyone has a preference but the question remains, RIM had a problem which could happen to any company. If you work in IT or any technical environment, loads of challenges abound, so let us criticize on apps, games and other features which blackberry smartphones may or may not have. but as per bbm, it was just a technical problem which i believe they are trying to resolve if not already resolved.

Cheers guys!!!
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by green10119(m): 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2011
BB to me is just like a new fashion wear in town that's you can't really do much with it if you are a hard core phone user even my Nokia E63 which i keep buying over and over again is far better than BB used to update one of my blogs with it.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by fantasti: 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2011
The primary essence for Blackberry smart phone was to provide efficient access to emails, contacts and calenders for corporate organisations. BBM is just another form of real time communication platform that allows collaboration between stakeholders. I can bet that more than 40% of BB users in Nigeria do not check their emails using this powerful handheld. For me as somebody pointed out above, I barely chat on BBM.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by tunnytox(m): 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
Though I'm an iphone user but truth be told Android smartphones are cheaper and have most features that either blackberry or iphone has, I just don't understand the craze for blackberry by Nigerians.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by cynthiafred67(f): 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2011
Blackberry wit out bbm is like a calculator
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by Sike(m): 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2011
. . . . . . A big Calculator.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by pkv(m): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2011
Sike:

. . . . . . A big Calculator.
market calculator!
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 13, 2011
Only a silly person will talk of BB craze as Nigerian issue. Its a worldwide craze, if you arent crazy about it. Its apparently either you cant afford or u are daft to use the beautiful features
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by Kadata(m): 12:17am On Oct 14, 2011
LeoMax:

Only a silly person will talk of BB craze as Nigerian issue. Its a worldwide craze, if you arent crazy about it. Its apparently either you cant afford or u are daft to use the beautiful features

and since when did BB become unaffordable?? Or because you sell ur papa land gor buy BB , you feel say everybody de your level abi? and you wey de use BB pass Obama, you nefa hear of iPhone ni?? Abi e nefa reash ur village? And before you call me daft- what are these extraordinary features?? Abegiii!
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by green10119(m): 12:27am On Oct 14, 2011
i wonder oooo i don get the thing as gift two times i sell am nii, that fone no try to me at all nothing makes sense on it only jobless pinggers who go around looking for pins would defend it like that lol
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by Kadata(m): 12:40am On Oct 14, 2011
green10119:

i wonder oooo i don get the thing as gift two times i sell am nii, that fone no try to me at all nothing makes sense on it only jobless pinggers who go around looking for pins would defend it like that lol
first mistake i made is that i followed the BB craze. Sold mine too in days. One of the best decisions i made as a student. Phone cool no doubt (with high distractive tendencies for undisciplined fellas)! But it seems peeps with low-self esteem derive theirs from the device- (like we've seen on this thread)- Hating no BB here(i get wetin pass som BBs sef) but just because a phone makes you more available and accessible with other wonderful features doesn't make it "ish"-
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by mrofficial(m): 2:18am On Oct 14, 2011
Let's just say RIM is using charm to sell their product. Why the hate spread on BlackBerry like this? You hate, yet it gets better and better.

I was using iPhone before I switched fully to BlackBerry. The only constant thing in change. BlackBerry is currently on top. No hate on someone's success.

Can you please tell me what's so good about Terry G's songs and co? Yet we dey buy and dance to these songs. Examples: Free Madness and Akpako Master.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by mrofficial(m): 2:19am On Oct 14, 2011
Let's just say RIM is using charm to sell their products. Why the hate spread on BlackBerry like this? You hate, yet it gets better and better.

I was using iPhone before I switched fully to BlackBerry. The only constant thing is change. BlackBerry is currently on top. No hate on someone's success.

Can you please tell me what's so good about Terry G's songs and co? Yet we dey buy and dance to these songs. Examples: Free Madness and Akpako Master.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by Kadata(m): 2:47am On Oct 14, 2011
mr.official:

I was using iPhone before I switched fully to BlackBerry.
na ur own casala be dat,

The only constant thing is change.
yes we know that

BlackBerry is currently on top.
says who You?? Dumbass!!!

No hate on someone's success.

lol, msscchhheeeeeewwwww!!!!

Can you please tell me what's so good about[b] Terry G's songs and co?[/b]
sorry punkass!! I don't do noise

Yet we dey buy and dance to these songs.
lol, you dance to poo. Typical BB user.

Example: Free Madness and Akpako Master.
no wonder, you don kolo since abi Mad people do 'mad songs'-
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by mrofficial(m): 3:04am On Oct 14, 2011
^^^ And the hate goes on. cheesy
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by noblegas2(m): 5:19am On Oct 14, 2011
mr.official:

^^^ And the hate goes on. cheesy

lol, dont mind him, if he hates BB or BB users, he can take a slow dive inside the RED SEA for all we care! grin

PING! grin
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by naijalodge(m): 6:09am On Oct 14, 2011
noble_gas1:

lol, dont mind him, if he hates BB or BB users, he can take a slow dive inside the RED SEA for all we care! grin

PING! grin
oya they ping the ping na!!!!make i they see you, abeg sale ur bb go buy nokia e63 make u install nimbuzz.sis and flex like me.lol
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by logica(m): 7:22am On Oct 14, 2011
BlackBerry recognize Nigeria as a very important market, as well as other POOR countries. BlackBerry controls less than 2% of the US smart-phone market. World-wide, Android controls 47% of the market. In Nigeria as well as other poor countries, BlackBerry controls no less than 50% of the market. And the reason is the BBM. The phone was developed for businesses, but due to the cheap rate for communication (using the BBM) it became a big money saver. You can pay lower than 4000 Naira a month for an unlimited number of messages.

The iOS 5 has iMessage but it still requires an Internet connection (Wi-Fi/3G/Edge) unlike the BlackBerry.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by logica(m): 8:26am On Oct 14, 2011
I meant "RIM recognizes. . .". I wonder why updating posts is no longer allowed.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by labamo07(m): 8:46am On Oct 14, 2011
nansense, bbm is now a syndrome
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by icemania: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2011
hi guys, i just upgraded my bold 2 to the new os6, but it seems my download speed was affected by the upgrade. it hovers between 10kbytes-12kbytes and am using 3g, please how do i get the speed by up?
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by chylind5: 10:48am On Oct 14, 2011
Who says BB is on the Top.
Nokia has 88% of the Nigerian Market while others share the rest market share.

Nokia is still the leading brand whether u like it or not.

Go and buy BB Curve for your grandmother in the village and hear what she tells u. Nigerians just want to belong.

How many of the BB users actually subscribe monthly.

A man driving was pingin on the steerin and in the process hit a 19yr old boy just moving Jeje on the street. Killed the boy and tryin to escape, he was caught. Now he is facin the law.

U see wat BB can do to ppl.

If u need a good Nokia that can give u all the services BB gives u and more. Email me @ chylind55@yahoo.com.

Nigerians Wake up to reality.

@ PosterThanks for this thread.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by logica(m): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
Abeg carry your bias to one side. It is clear that the BlackBerry rules the [size=15pt]smart-phone[/size] market. Nokia is probably still ahead in the regular phone market (but I have narrowed down to the smart-phone market which is about 20% of the entire cell-phone market), but as far as observation goes, everywhere I look around me there's somebody chatting away on BBM.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by mrofficial(m): 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
chylind5:

Who says BB is on the Top.
Nokia has 88% of the Nigerian Market while others share the rest market share.

Nokia is still the leading brand whether u like it or not.

Go and buy BB Curve for your grandmother in the village and hear what she tells u. Nigerians just want to belong.

How many of the BB users actually subscribe monthly.

A man driving was pingin on the steerin and in the process hit a 19yr old boy just moving Jeje on the street. Killed the boy and tryin to escape, he was caught. Now he is facin the law.

U see wat BB can do to ppl.

If u need a good Nokia that can give u all the services BB gives u and more. Email me @ chylind55@yahoo.com.

Nigerians Wake up to reality.

@ PosterThanks for this thread.

So who is to be blamed? Couldn't that have happened while sending a text message with a Nokia qwerty keyboard smart phone or making a call with Nokia phone? Abeg go sleep.
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by jude33084(m): 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
bojar: The bbm is d essence of a bb, BB phone alone doesnt have much features as compared to other regular phones

That's where you get it all wrong man cheesy
There are more to BB than its bbm. I don't think my contacts r even up to 15 bt my mails rocks! The browser; ulala! The world on your palm smiley
Re: What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? by Joe50(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
I hate bb like craze, even my nokia E71 beat bb three times by far...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transfer Of Mb On Airtel Line / How Can I Install Games With OBB Files / How To Use The Infrared On Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.