Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Advice Needed Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed Please (830 Views)

Wife vs Husband : Family vs Career. Help Needed please / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please by Hopefulmycin(f): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
I'm a registered nurse from delta state presently living and working in a private establishment in ogun state.
I never wanted to travel out of the country for work purpose but what I was working on failed and certain factors that was motivating me to stay back are majorly no longer there.

Now, I'm beginning to consider leaving the country but some family members and friends are discouraging me mainly because they feel I should get married first before going.

I'm 31, single and total money in my account now is 620k.
Monthly salary is 105k.

What should I do please? Start processing and working on traveling or I should stay back and still be managing my 105k?
Re: Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
sad
Re: Advice Needed Please by jackmrandy: 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hopefulmycin:
I'm a registered nurse from delta state presently living and working in a private establishment in ogun state.
I never wanted to travel out of the country for work purpose but what I was working on failed and certain factors that was motivating me to stay back are majorly no longer there.

Now, I'm beginning to consider leaving the country but some family members and friends are discouraging me mainly because they feel I should get married first before going.

Monthly salary is 105k.

What should I do please? Start processing and working on traveling or I should stay back and still be managing my 105k?

good to know you have ambitions to move further in life. its part of the processs. have you considered where you want to travel to. who are you going to put up with for the mean time. have you processed all the necessary documents. flight or land or water, or you have a sponsorship
Re: Advice Needed Please by jackmrandy: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
you just created this moniker today. now now now.. .... how you want make we take believe this your story now
Re: Advice Needed Please by Wodu89: 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
This is my advice. Invest 250,000 Naira in a business that can yield 800,000 Naira within a year, add that to the remaining 400k, you have 1.2 M plus additional savings ( 300k ) from salary within the one year period,it takes the funds to 1.5M.

With a more substantial figure you can plan for life and make better decisions.

Example of such business,you can setup a POS business at a good location,find a young lady you can influence to manage the day to day running and grow your business for a year.

If care is not taken, you will abandon traveling out as you begin to spread across different locations as the business stabilizes.
Re: Advice Needed Please by talented321: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
31years old'' just some few years to menopause.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by jackmrandy: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
talented321:

na your dey seee meno pause.. shay you will come and marry her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
Wodu89:
This is my advice. Invest 250,000 Naira in a business that can yield 800,000 Naira within a year, add that to the remaining 400k, you have 1.2 M plus additional savings ( 300k ) from salary within the one year period,it takes the funds to 1.5M.

Example of such business,you can setup a POS business at a good location,find a young lady you can influence to manage the day to day running and grow your business for a year.

If care is not taken, you will abandon traveling out as you begin to spread across different locations as the business stabilizes.

You do know marriage is also part of the reason she created this thread ?

What advice do you have for the OP concerning that issue
Re: Advice Needed Please by Wodu89: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
azraeljaheel:

You do know marriage is also part of the reason she created this thread ?

What advice did you have for the OP concerning that issue

When a woman has more money,the choices she makes in terms.of whom to marry is enhanced by higher financial status

When she makes.more.miney, she can socialize more and connect more and even climb the ladder and meet more people of higher network due to her updated financial portfolio.

Her increased financial worth gives her the ability to change location i.e travel abroad. The best decision a woman can make concerning marriage after prayer is the optimization of financial prowess, ability and destiny first

The quality of men she'll meet let's say she travels to UK or South Africa won't be the same as the small town she maybe. And her improved finances grants access to opening these doors.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Please by Hopefulmycin(f): 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
jackmrandy:
you just created this moniker today. now now now.. .... how you want make we take believe this your story now
Yes, I just opened it to seek advice from people. It's true and it's something that is bothering me presently
Re: Advice Needed Please by Hopefulmycin(f): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
jackmrandy:

good to know you have ambitions to move further in life. its part of the processs. have you considered where you want to travel to. who are you going to put up with for the mean time. have you processed all the necessary documents. flight or land or water, or you have a sponsorship
I would have preferred US or Canada but process is kind of longer and more stressful unlike the UK which is much easier from my observations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by jackmrandy: 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hopefulmycin:

Yes, I just opened it to seek advice from people. It's true and it's something that is bothering me presently

okk.. i thought as much.. nothing spoil sha..... best advice, continue your work for now, look for something to start up in addition to your work.
Re: Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Wodu89:

When a woman has more money,the choices she makes in terms.of whom to marry is enhanced by higher financial status

When she makes.more.miney, she can socialize more and connect more and even climb the ladder and meet more people of higher network due to her updated financial portfolio.

Her increased financial worth gives her the ability to change location i.e travel abroad. The best decision a woman can make concerning marriage after prayer is the optimization of financial prowess, ability and destiny first

The quality of men she'll meet let's say she travels to UK or South Africa won't be the same as the small town she maybe. And her improved finances grants access to opening these doors.

Bolded
You are advising her to remain in naija hustle more pending when she has enough money to Japa cos she probably has a better chance of seeing "QUALITY MEN IN THE UK OR SA COMPARED TO NAIJA" ?
Re: Advice Needed Please by Hopefulmycin(f): 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
azraeljaheel:
sad

Reason I didn't comment... I just dey observe
It's true. What would I gain by telling lies on a faceless forum.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by Hopefulmycin(f): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
Wodu89:

Ok

Thanks. I will put this into consideration
Re: Advice Needed Please by Mindlog: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hopefulmycin:

Monthly salary is 105k.

Nigerians guys here in the UK on post study work visa, looking for a Nigerian lady on skilled worker visa to marry, plenty.

I will encourage you to apply for NHS jobs as there are so many nursing vacancies on their website that is open to applicants from outside the UK with pay from £28,000 and above per annum, with option of working with agencies on off days and earn up to £40 per hour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hopefulmycin:
I'm 31, single and total money in my account now is 620k. Monthly salary is 105k. What should I do please? Start processing and working on traveling or I should stay back and still be managing my 105k?
If you were to get married, do you intend on taking this husband of yours out of the country with you? Or are you looking to leaving him behind to wait for you in Nigeria? 🤔

By the way, do you already have a man in mind or are you trying to pick any man off the street to marry asap or what do you have in mind? 🤔

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by Wodu89: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
azraeljaheel:

Bolded
You are advising her to remain in naija hustle more pending when she has enough money to Japa cos she probably has a better chance of seeing "QUALITY MEN IN THE UK OR SA COMPARED TO NAIJA" ?

I don't need an interpreter please. Focus on your own perspectives and stop misquoting me with your msichevious objectives

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by Sharpsharp00123: 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hopefulmycin:

Monthly salary is 105k.

see ehn

It’s obvious u are at cross road n I will give u same advice I will give my sister considering your age majorly?

But answer this questions with all sincerity of your mind first

What are ur plans for marriage?
Family wise, where do u see yourself in d next 6 years?
At your age n financial status u will need a man who is probably older n more financially stable than u, do u see yourself getting it in Nigeria or abroad?

At least u are financially stable in Nigeria, dont u think u should tarry a bit to see if u can get someone reasonable than going to abroad n starting over again?

The ball is in your court

Weigh your options well
Re: Advice Needed Please by Emmanuel30a: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hopefulmycin:

Monthly salary is 105k.

Come unto "ME" or come and be "staying home alone with me"...
Re: Advice Needed Please by slan87(m): 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hopefulmycin:

Monthly salary is 105k.

My advice to you is that, family and friends won't be there with the future in whichever decision you make today.

I will advice you to stay back n save money into your account, when your savings is up to 2-3million. You can make a decision of what you want to invest inn. Either travelling or business as a side hustle.
Re: Advice Needed Please by Sanmel(f): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
Lol.. Your own better, they're still telling you to stay back.
As for me, family and friends are putting pressure on me to leave the country.
Even patients I take care of keep asking me what I'm still doing here, I decided to answer one of them and said "I'm staying back to care for you", the response was, "you go, someone else will care for me" cheesy
At my end here, if you've practiced for a while and you're not making any move to travel, it'll seem as though you're not taking your life seriously.

To your question, think about what you want for yourself. I believe you can meet the one for you anywhere not necessarily in your home country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by Shinjawestside: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
talented321:

Nairaland and bad mouth grin

Sha,na true u talk..

Mk she better use that money find husband marry
Re: Advice Needed Please by Icrave4u: 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
I dnt know what is wrong with Nigerians and their wack mentality, they always think that if you have never travel out, you can never make it. Japa or no japa God can bless you anywhere let that stick into your head. There are alot of Nigerians abroad which most of you here are even doing well than them,if you hear their story. you will always be grateful.
NB: this is not to discourage anyone from travelling but just to let you know that you can still make it here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by henrimoto(m): 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
jackmrandy:
Wetin hard/difficult to believe for wetin she narrate...? Just shift, if you no get any advice to give.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by Tayorshd87: 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
You have a good income at least and as time flies u can increase or haveore.earnings ...

I will advise u to relax here for another a year or 2 to grow or invest more first because u are going outside the country to start afresh when u don't or not sure of getting a job immediately u get there 🤔
Re: Advice Needed Please by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:04am On Aug 18, 2023
Tayorshd87:
You have a good income at least and as time flies u can increase or haveore.earnings ...

I will advise u to relax here for another a year or 2 to grow or invest more first because u are going outside the country to start afresh when u don't or not sure of getting a job immediately u get there 🤔

How is 105k good income? Her income has devalued by over 100 percent since January.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by bjbjjo: 2:38am On Aug 18, 2023
Please leave that country and try canada or UK. That your one month salary is two hours of work in Canada for a registry nurse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Please by MrsTwrite(f): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2023
Perhaps you should save more so you can travel out.
Re: Advice Needed Please by initiate: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2023
as a nurse you are in a good position to succeed abroad. the right man will find you wherever you are
at 31 your time is running out. in 10 years time you will have limited options so you better make hay while sun shines
i notice you are concerned about getting married, is it that you have to get married to someone from your state?
Re: Advice Needed Please by UnfairLife7(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2023
Icrave4u:
I dnt know what is wrong with Nigerians and their wack mentality, they always think that if you have never travel out, you can never make it. Japa or no japa God can bless you anywhere let that stick into your head. There are alot of Nigerians abroad which most of you here are even doing well than them,if you hear their story. you will always be grateful.
NB: this is not to discourage anyone from travelling but just to let you know that you can still make it here.
your naija is the capital of poverty and unemployment. An average Nigerians in the diaspora are doing pretty fine than all average Nigerians in Nigeria.
Re: Advice Needed Please by UnfairLife7(m): 10:35am On Aug 19, 2023
Shinjawestside:

Nairaland and bad mouth grin

Sha,na true u talk..

Mk she better use that money find husband marry
she'd get better suitors abroad than Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? / . / Rejoinder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.