Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today (696 Views)

Man Slaps His Bride During Church Wedding (Photos, Video) / Nigerian Couple Wear Isiagu For Their Church Wedding (Photos) / Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom, Husband Struggles To Kiss Her At Church Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by FreeSpirited: 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
1. I am a private and practical person who don't follow trend or do things for what people will say....I realize most wedding today are done from pressure to impress, leading many into debt and stress post-wedding day

2. I am an orphan: I don't understand why I should throw a big church wedding party feeding crowd when My Mom or Dad wouldn't be gracing that occasion, only to borrow peoples mother and father to represent them and take the shine?....besides, their absence on such massive occasion of a big wedding might trigger emotions and tears....So why should I put myself under such emotional duress in the name of wedding?

3. How many ladies today are truly worth the wedding party we throw for them: I mean in those days, you have to be a virgin to necessitate or deserve big wedding celebrations even in scriptures, not to talk of our tradition. I don't believe ladies with uncountable body count and multiple Tinder profiles should pressure anyone into big wedding party. What exactly are we celebrating? Many have done more than 5 abortions and still hooked with their toxic 'ex'. May God help men of this generation to focus on priority.
The worst of all is the epidemics of bastard firstborn children forced on a man who emptied his account throwing wedding party for same woman? This can never be me, as I'm pro-DNA test

I often think about these rationale and cant convince myself to throw big party for any woman. Traditional marriage a.k.a Introduction and sealing it up in court is okay for me. Me and few of my friends can hang out to gist, drink and eat in the evening or following day. NB: This isn't about money, just my philosophical bent about wedding ceremony.

Am I the only one who think this way?
And are there women who will understand and accept my point of view even though there's money for big party?
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Zonefree(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
Your number 3 is the only valid reason.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by talented321: 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
1. On a normal note u don't have to allow a girl who can't buy her basic needs, recharge cards or can't afford her transport fare without involving another man to stress you.
2. You don't have to allow a girl who has more than 5 body counts to stress you with marriage or whatever.
3. Marriage is for legit babe who don't stress you.
4. Marriage is for babes who are not after the latest iphone'' marriage is for women who understand that men are not robots.
5. Marriage is for women who know your value as a man and take you as the head of the relationship'' marriage is women who respect you.
6. Marriage is for women who thinks your problem is also hers.
7. Marriage is for women who know that having sex with different men in the exchange of cash is shame and embarrassment''
8. Now days men just marry the available olosho and the next day come to nairaland and rant over women'
9. There is always red flags'' u can't change a born olosho'

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by AmancalledGod: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
Nice decision bro, you don't have to impress any motherfucker or anything, just to trend and be the most expensive wedding talk of the town, men who borrowed to throw the biggest wedding in town are now in depth and are now regretting it, and wallowing in tears 😭😭 especially when they found out there wife never worth it, your orientation is my OT too

If you as a woman won't understand me let's maintain our standard during the marital celebration then forget about it.
Besides I will surely see someone who will someday

Isha allah

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
Valid points so i support you most people coming for church weddings don’t even wish you well they are just there to eat your food and take pictures
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by LikeAking: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
FreeSpirited:
1. I am a private and practical person who don't follow trend or do things for what people will say....I realize most wedding today are done from pressure to impress, leading many into debt and stress post-wedding day

2. I am an orphan: I don't understand why I should throw a big church wedding party when My Mom or Dad wouldn't be gracing that occasion, only to borrow peoples mother and father to represent them and take the shine?....besides, their absence on such massive occasion of a big wedding might trigger emotions and tears....So why should I put myself under such emotional duress in the name of wedding?

3. How many ladies today are truly worth the wedding party we throw for them: I mean in those days, you have to be a virgin to necessitate or deserve big wedding celebrations even in scriptures, not to talk of our tradition. I don't believe ladies with uncountable body count and multiple Tinder profiles should pressure anyone into big wedding party. What exactly are we celebrating? Many have done more than 5 abortions and still hooked with their toxic 'ex'. May God help men of this generation to focus on priority.
The worst of all is the epidemics of bastard firstborn children forced on a man who emptied his account throwing wedding party for same woman? This can never be me, as I'm pro-DNA test

I often think about these rationale and cant convince myself to throw big party for any woman. Traditional marriage a.k.a Introduction and sealing it up in court is okay for me. Me and few of my friends can hang out to gist, drink and eat in the evening or following day. NB: This isn't about money, just my philosophical bent about wedding ceremony.

And are there women who will understand and accept my point of view even though there's money for big party?

Your life.

I will still advise you do it big, e get why..
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by FreeSpirited: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2023
LikeAking:

Your life.

I will still advise you do it big, e get why..
why, do you want to give me a virgin whose parents is rich and wont mind throwing money around?
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by LikeAking: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
FreeSpirited:

why, do you want to give me a virgin whose parents is rich and wont mind throwing money around?

Lolz
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
FreeSpirited:

2. I am an orphan: I don't understand why I should throw a big church wedding party when My Mom or Dad wouldn't be gracing that occasion, only to borrow peoples mother and father to represent them and take the shine?....besides, their absence on such massive occasion of a big wedding might trigger emotions and tears....So why should I put myself under such emotional duress in the name of wedding?

my type of person,I have funds for a large wedding but God forbid,just family simple stuff is what I want,if the girl no agree ,she shud Bleep off.cant waste money to feed people when I dey suffer to make money
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Tit4Tat1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Very salient points you've made.
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by FreeSpirited: 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
my type of person,I have funds for a large wedding but God forbid,just family simple stuff is what I want,if the girl no agree ,she shud Bleep off.cant waste money to feed people when I dey suffer to make money
My worry is seeing that kind of woman...it will be scarce in a world where women love attention, money and clout
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by NEUDUDE: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
Lol make una no use una first million marry oh. E get why lol grin.
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Savedday2: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
The bottom line is that, to marry a 9ja girl is the greatest mistake anyone can never make.

They are all ashawo both the ones forming church girl/love/wife they are all the same
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by frozen70(f): 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
FreeSpirited:

2. I am an orphan: I don't understand why I should throw a big church wedding party feeding crowd when My Mom or Dad wouldn't be gracing that occasion, only to borrow peoples mother and father to represent them and take the shine?....besides, their absence on such massive occasion of a big wedding might trigger emotions and tears....So why should I put myself under such emotional duress in the name of wedding?

I think you have to inform your would be wife that wedding or crowded wedding is not for you

Both of you must be in the same page for this to work out

If you are a catholic, they organize a private and simple wedding any day of your choice at the Alter to be attended by just 4/10 people

But make sure you go to Registery with just a family member and a member from your wife family

Always remember my first paragraph as an important topics to discuss before proposal to avoid drama

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2023
FreeSpirited:

My worry is seeing that kind of woman...it will be scarce in a world where women love attention, money and clout
you will see,just focus dey search ,the issue come be say na the broke ladies wey no fit contribute anything dy always want big wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Childfree: 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
FreeSpirited:

Seems it is lack of money that is your problem.

For me, I personally don't desire or see any reason or do I have any interest in such ceremony. Wether I am rich as Elon musk and na virgin marry I dey marry. court marriage with our parents, 1 or 2 friends each present if necessary. I am not even religious, if she wants church blessing it would be in a reverend fathers office.

Of course it would be a lady that is free and open to such.

I don't do things because people are doing. I do things because I want to.
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2023
I'm also a private person and it would be a dream come true for me to have my wedding at a game reserve with the wild life present as wedding guests.. My cats would also be on the guests list..😸😸😸

And I'd probably invite 20 to 30 people.

I just hope we wouldn't get eaten for lunch by the Lions..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by greatiyk4u(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm also a private person and it would be a dream come true for me to have my wedding at a game reserve with the wild life present as wedding guests.. My cats would also be on the guests list..😸😸😸

And I'd probably invite 20 to 30 people.

I just hope we wouldn't get eaten for lunch by the Lions..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by spencekat(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
Zonefree:
Your number 3 is the only valid reason.
Valid to you
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by aimmoney9: 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
NEUDUDE:
Lol make una no use una first million marry oh. E get why lol grin.
What is the first thing that men do when they have money that they don't know what to do with it ?......... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by FreeSpirited: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
Childfree:

Seems it is lack of money that is your problem.

For me, I personally don't desire or see any reason or do I have any interest in such ceremony. Wether I am rich as Elon musk and na virgin marry I dey marry. court marriage with our parents, 1 or 2 friends each present if necessary. I am not even religious, if she wants church blessing it would be in a reverend fathers office.

Of course it would be a lady that is free and open to such.

I don't do things because people are doing. I do things because I want to.

sometimes, many rich kids from influential home might want to insist on big ceremony because of their ego, status and and the wealth they have..
But it doesnt remove the fact that i have no interest in such ceremony even if i have the cash.........
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by Autobot05: 7:58am On Aug 19, 2023
I don reason this thing before now and that point 1 And 3 is legit as in introvert .

I’m pretty sure It’s not even biblical in the first place
Re: Why I Don't See Myself Doing Church Wedding Party As Being Celebrated Today by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:08am On Aug 19, 2023
The day a lady lied to me that she was single mother of one, after we slept like 3 times,aborted for her, I quickly gone through her Facebook pages sometime after then, it took me some time though as the name of her account detail wasn't exact as that of Facebook. When I gone through her pictures later and saw her traditional wedding , pregnancy pictures of baby boom with her husband. I almost gone in tears for the guy, she did not know her wife even had boldness to go meet another person husband for sex and dating, while he travelled to go find something for them the feed on, the yeye wife said they were no longer together, though I ended up finding the truth through a neighbor before invading her Facebook to confirm authentically

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A sister wants to Date A Mortician Or Mortuary Attendant. / Super Falcons Star Michelle Alozie Discards Flowers From An Admirer In A Bin / Guys What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.