Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku (28118 Views)

Imo PCC: Ihedioha Is Only Interested In Hijacking Campaign Funds - Mike Ikoku / BREAKING: Hope Uzodinma Seals Rochas Okorocha's Radio Station In Owerri / Who Is Dr Alvan Ikoku And Why Is His Face On N10 Note? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by aminulive: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1UriY7FU4

The hotel was reportedly marked for total demolition by the state government, with a 21-day notice served on its management.

Imo state Governor Hope Uzodinma has reportedly ordered the closure of properties belonging to Evangelist Mike Ikoku, Chairman of the Divine Mandate Movement Campaign Organisation, a campaign council for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate for the November 11 governorship election in the state.

SaharaReporters gathered that early Tuesday morning, scores of armed thugs attached to the Owerri Capital Development Authority, OCDA stormed the premises housing All Seasons Hotel, Havana Cinema, Mimi Place, Boss Radio FM and Bizzibody FM and sealed property worth millions of naira.

The hotel was reportedly marked for total demolition by the state government, with a 21-day notice served on its management

The fierce-looking men, who claimed to be acting on 'orders from above' manhandled the General Manager of the hotel, leaving her with a broken arm. Also, they descended on the Chief Security Officer and some other staff members, leaving them with bruises and injuries. The lodgers were reportedly sent out.

In a two-minute video obtained by SaharaReporters, an elderly woman who identified herself as the General Manager of the hotel is sighted lamenting how her hand was allegedly twisted during the exercise.

"They twisted my hands, hit me and I fell on the floor. A staff member that came to lift me, was also beaten mercilessly for helping me.

"I didn't do anything than say 'I am the GM, please allow me to call people' and 'quietly move the barricades because it's double expenses you are incurring for us'; that is my sin. I didn't say they should not do their job. Now I'm in serious pain," she lamented. Another lady wearing a security uniform is seen in the video crying profusely.

"They hit me with an iron, I had to run into the hotel immediately," she said.

SaharaReporters also gathered that one of the staff members identified as Ugochukwu was taken away by the government team. However, Ikoku, the chairman of the hotel told SaharaReporters that the incident was politically motivated. According to him, part of his hotel was destroyed by Governor Uzodinma on Tuesday, by a team led by Frank Nzenwodo Nkem, the General Manager of Owerri Capital Development Authority (OCDA).

He explained that there are several hotels in the area, but they didn’t touch any other one apart from his. He said, "At about 8:30 am to 9 am on Tuesday, my staff called me and told me that thugs numbering about 200 with about 30 police officers invaded my hotel, All Seasons Hotel in Owerri with bulldozers.

"My staff said some people invaded the premises with caterpillars locking down some areas in my hotel. So my manager confronted them and instead of listening to her, the thugs descended on my staff, beat them up, stole their property, their telephones, claiming they were videoing them and so on and so forth.

"They entered the premises of the hotel and even molested guests. And they asked them if the place has approval. There is an approval and I have a technical drawing which was approved by the agency that is responsible for that called OCDA.

"They showed them the copies of the document and told them that this thing has approval and it was paid for according to the government law. But they didn't listen to them, they said that I am the one that is heading the opposition party in Imo State, that I am the one financing the opposition party in Imo and because of that they will go ahead and do what they want.

"So my manager begged them, they threw her on the floor, beat her up, broke her hands, and when they called me, I told them 'please, don't challenge them, stay away from them'. Allow them, whatever thing they want to do. I even drove past there. When I drove there, they were locking down the place, I drove off and left, I didn't confront them and I told them (my workers) not to confront them.

"In one area of my hotel, they wrote that the property belongs to the Bank of Industry, it's not true. The property belongs to All Seasons Hotel, it doesn't belong to any Bank of Industry. I have never heard of the Bank of Industry. That property was duly allocated to the hotel by the Ikedi Ohakim government.

"The hotel itself has been there for about two decades. The hotel was there when Achike was the governor. I opened the hotel on February 13, 2003. And the place they wrote 'remove' is a property of All Seasons Hotel, allocated to us by Ikedi Ohakim. So I wonder where the Bank of Industry came from.

"The vehicles they came with have the description of the government, Imo State Government, OCDA. They came with different vehicles of the government. The numbers are IMG and you know that's what the government number carries.

"They came there with over 10 vehicles, different vehicles carrying people and so on - both government vehicles, tinted glass vehicles. I suspected that one Chinaza Nwayeri, an aide to the governor on special duty was inside one of the vehicles because it was tinted.

"It's purely political, they feel I am the chairman of the campaign of the PDP governorship candidate. If it's really non-political, why will it be only my hotel? There are more than 10 hotels that have the same green verge that protected the area with wire mesh. So why target only my hotel and leave other places where such a thing was used? So that shows that it is purely political and purely targeted at me as a person," he added.

Meanwhile, the state government through the Director General of Imo Geographic Information Service (IGIS), Mr Chukwunyere Amaechi, in his reaction noted that OCDA acted in line with a court order.

Amarachi told journalists that the management of All Seasons sued his agency following an official notice to vacate the place. According to the statement, the partial demolition was in line with extant law and neighbourhood plan, adding that judgement was passed in favour of IGIS and communicated to the management of All Seasons Hotel Limited before the demolition took place.

He warned hotel owners and landlords within Owerri that all fenced grills on government verges will be removed, adding that generators and fuel dumps found on government verges will also be removed while all costs incurred in removing the items would be borne by the property owner.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/16/imo-government-seals-partially-demolishes-hotel-belonging-pdp-campaign-chairman-ikoku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by successmatters(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
APC and evil

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Ladyclara002(f): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hmm
Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by triple996(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
This biafra people too like fight

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Kingosytex(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
I don't know who's more vindictive between Buhari and Uzodinma.
Those who think they can unseat Uzodinma in the coming elections are in for a long thing. Uzodimma is a bully and will use every power at his disposal to win the election.
Ihedioha made a very great choice, he contesting against Uzodinma would have been a waste of time, energy, and funds.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Canwebefriends: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
So sad 😞
Millions of naira about to go down the drain

4 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Madmohamed1: 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
Uzodimma remember okocha you know how and what he did when he was a governor where is him today.

Tomorrow is pregnant uzodimma you will never be a governor more than 8 years.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by BoldBrainz(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
I didn't even know Hope Uzodinma until the Supreme court pulled a fast one on Imolites and installed a fourth placed candidate of an election as the governor in place of the actual winner.

Now residents of Imo state are paying for the idiocy of some corrupt court judges. Tomorrow they'll tell us to respect the judiciary. God punish all them wig-wearing charlatans!

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by wittywriter: 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
SMH

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by RemoveEbola: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
Just look at the madness this supreme Court imposed governor is doing in Imo State?! What manner of despicable dungeon is Nigeria?

This supreme Court governor was never voted for by Imo people but they imposed him on the state. He stays more in Abuja than in Imo State he is supposed to be governing. He hasn't done anything in 4 years except to mark roads and fix traffic lights that are no longer functioning.

This is the type of disgusting democracy Nigeria is practicing but if the Niger republic scenario happen here they will start preaching democratic ideals.

Spits!

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
Don't mind the Olodos they are just political jobbers looking for excuses ...Oga Uzodimma someone once said your name can't be Uzodinma and the road to your state isn't good .... At least the road to this Hotel looks good, let Imo investors breath ...You hear me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by merit455(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
triple996:
This biafra people too like fight
See this hungry under bridge boy.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Ahmed0336(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
What sort of politics is this? Why not work for the masses and let them choose whomever they want to govern them?
Naija politics, Tufia!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Brownville007: 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
Someone's sweat and money gone down the drain like that.This is pure wickedness .

Kindly support me by subscribing to my YouTube channel please 🙏

10 Most Enslaved African Tribes During the Atlantic Slave Trade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=090vE7m6Kes

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by SmartPolician: 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kingosytex:
I don't know who's more vindictive between Buhari and Uzodinma.
Those who think they can unseat Uzodinma in the coming elections are in for a long thing. Uzodimma is a bully and will use every power at his disposal to win the election.
Ihedioha made a very great choice, he contesting against Uzodinma would have been a waste of time, energy, and funds.

It was not Ihedioha's decision. PDP made it clear that they were going to give their ticket to a man from Owerri and Ihedioha had to step aside.

Ihedioha stated this in the letter he wrote to PDP before resigning from the party. That's why they chose Sam Daddy. It's all over the internet.

By the way, Hope Uzodinma is evil! A governor of an oil-producing state with nothing to show for his wasted four years. Now, he wants to continue his maladministration.

23 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by BOSSkesh(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
Sealing and demolishing for what
All this cannibals should stop this kind of bitter politics

4 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by BOSSkesh(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
Ipob vindictive politics
A man that is willing slaughtering his brothers
Mumu man
He should remember that he still has to contest this years governorship election, he should be more careful

4 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Akfrenzy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
grin Politics of bitterness

But how come imo state is sti this beautiful despite the degrading news always trying to make I look like a war front

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by noble71(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
shocked
Politics of bitterness è.

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by bro4u: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Southern version of Kano governor

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Violence
Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Zico5(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Anything about Igbos, I remove my hands. It's a matter of dog eat dog. They know themselves very well. Set of wicked people.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Was the demolition justified? Let us leave politicians to battle themselves, they don’t give a hoot about you and I

4 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by SituationRoom1: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING GUIDE.

If you have good knowledge of crypto trading, you are rich already.

Download Binance or Bybit from playstore or iOS and let me teach you how to trade crypto safely. You can start with any amount and grow it up to 5 times within a week. Imagine earning in Dollars every minute.
Stop complaining about govt and simply end poverty. If you aquire the right skills, you would maximize profits and avoid losses. My practical course would expose you to that and you be added to my group for live trading signals. As for newbies, below are part of what you would directly from me:
1. How to Trade Cryptocurrency (Simplified to benefit beginners)
2. Crypto trading success blueprint
3.How to manage risks and emotion properly.
4.How to set stop loss so that if market reverse, you won't loose. (This is where many do fail)
5.How to position and stay focus while trading.
6. Best Crypto tips.
7. Where to get right signals and even how to technically get it yourself.
The course is on a Promo of N5,000.
Get it now and thank me later.
8. How to buy or sell crypto, how to exchange crypto to Naira all within 15 minutes.
9. Technical analysis to help you understand trade
10. Best Airdrop where you can get it free Crypto

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Winters23: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
shocked
Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by beerfraud: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hope Uzodinnma with iron Balls just like Wicked Wike the slayer of IPOB terrorists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Moshybear(f): 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
Very wicked and heartless man Uzodinma is. We in Imo have seen shege from this useless Supreme court governor.

4 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Westerhoffe(m): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
Governors and demolition…

Reminds me of the game 'Demolition Man.'

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by Bodexinvest: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
Very unfortunate.
Re: Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku by SledgeHammerer: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
The hotel is still standing na. Which one be demolish inside? Go and ask Tony Kabaka he'll tell you how hotel is demolished.

Please change the headline, it's misleading.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Hadi Sirika Over ₦8bn Nigeria Air Fraud / 2015:: Anyim, Governors, Ministers Escape Death At Minna TAN Rally.!! / FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.