Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time (13530 Views)

The Memory Capacity On My Head Is Two Small, So I Can't Lean / Major Amazing 6 Ways To Improve Your Memory Capacity / How Far Can I Boost My Cgpa At This Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by adebayour01: 9:56am On Aug 19, 2023
[quote author=talk2hb1 post=125188969]
Be Chewing ChewingGum while reading and chew the same chewinggum to recall what you have read.[/quote
Lol kill me…
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 19, 2023
Vipro:
He is right, Masturbation tends to cloud 80 percent of your thinking faculty.

I don't believe it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by littleguy444: 9:57am On Aug 19, 2023
gaddafe:

You have given the perfect answer. Any other answer I give now will revolve around what you said. However from the OP question, it appears he needs a fire brigade approach reading. It should be noted however that only those that read to understand can undertake the fire brigade approach reading.
please what is the fire brigade approach reading
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by adebayour01: 9:59am On Aug 19, 2023
Read and understand everywhere. How do you read to understand?
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Originalsly: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2023
MAVICK2000:

i I am quiet quite brillant brilliant but i I find it hard to read an and recall what i I read even if i I do intensive reading, i I still forget most of what i I read it is like my brain doesn't store, and even after rercusion revision it still same

You can't read and retain .... can't read and understand ... and make soooo many errors in just one sentence .... but rate yourself as brilliant? Really?

To anyone having difficulties in understanding whatever is being studied my advice is not to read for longer periods of time nor look for the solution in something to eat or drink. Form a study group .... read the topic on your own and get your own understanding of it. At the study group meeting ... you meet not to read but to discuss the topic and your individual views. Arguments should always be welcomed. In this way no stone will be left unturned and no question can show up in the exam that wasn't argued in the meeting. One will automatically remember what was discussed .... even for years. Been there done that .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Ebubu3: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2023
sotall:
cool

If you masturbate, please stop it.

Masturbation depletes your mental energy.

A retaining memory needs to be sharp.
what if he is sexually active. Does it deplete mental energy too since he also cums? Masturbation and sex as well result in cumming

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by TheBlueDiamond(m): 10:11am On Aug 19, 2023
TheMaterialist:

No it doesn't.

yes, it does, for real.

It significantly weakens the mental strength.

That apart, isn't "masturbation" disgusting on it's own??!
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Greenfusion: 10:14am On Aug 19, 2023
This could be a case of distractions, avoid distractions. Also, read to understand, and you may have to read several times to store.....try and practice visual learning pattern, envisioning what you read.....when you read, jot, after reading, revise what you have read earlier.....you may also not necessarily have to read for a very long time at a stretch, just try and learn yourself, what really works for you. Observe it thoroughly.

When jotting, you may have to relate it to what you can visualize, it would help.....just take your time, all the best.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Stoicful(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2023
MAVICK2000:
Pls, i need advise(s) on memory capacity and reading hours, i am quiet brillant but i find it hard to read an recall what i read even if i do intensive reading, i still forget most of what i read it like my brain doesn't store, and even after rercusion it still same. Pls s there a way to solve my problem because my exams is drawing near and i have few weeks left
Sometimes due to trauma or some diet some part of our brain start dying or dormant so you need to reactivate them with good vitamins and diet or better still take cannabis or smoke cannabis for a while to reactivate them, you can then stop if you don't like it and don't be afraid it's not addictive like Nicotine found in cigarettes Tobacco. Weed is a miraculous plant and it you have enough money, go with option 1, start taking Wellman or multivitamins, you will be back on track in a month time.

Any road you are going, make sure you eat balance diet, because that's the most important thing. Even though you take the best Cannabis strain with multivitamins, if you don't eat properly, you will be back to square one.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Olapraise24(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2023
Comrade, I’ve been in this condition, that I Practices examination malpractice a lot. But, I’ve a very good and understanding lecturer, she helped me and introduce me to the method she used to used, while studying and it worked for me…you can use the method also, because I am a living testimony.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by MrsTwrite(f): 10:39am On Aug 19, 2023
Take some good honey.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by phemmyfour: 10:40am On Aug 19, 2023
MAVICK2000:
Pls, i need advise(s) on memory capacity and reading hours, i am quiet brillant but i find it hard to read an recall what i read even if i do intensive reading, i still forget most of what i read it like my brain doesn't store, and even after rercusion it still same. Pls s there a way to solve my problem because my exams is drawing near and i have few weeks left
What works for you might be different. Try reading in bits, summerize the key paragraphs, definitions and points in a jotter. Make sure you are reading as you are writing them down.

Now, focus on the summerized jotted note and read it at least thrice every day for 7days. That means you would have gone over the course at least 21 times.

Use reading styles like reading to yourself, reading out, asking yourself likely questions, walking reading etc.

Finally, practice past questions and eat very well.

Now, you are ready for the exam. With this method, if you followed it judiciously, you won't get less than 60%

That's what works for me anyway in my Msc days and I got Distinction

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by emmyN(m): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2023
MAVICK2000:

Practice active recall when studying. Download Anki card and keep important points in your Anki deck. Review as you are prompted.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by kiddkash(m): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2023
MAVICK2000:
Your problem, is that you are reading to acquire knowledge and not reading to understand the knowledge, and then turn to wisdom

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Princelumide: 11:09am On Aug 19, 2023
Eat plenty àgbàdo... Be it boil, roasted or cooked together with beans and make sure you drink enough water and rest well at when due.
Thank me later... cool
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Lovelylife24: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2023
Drink peppermint tea. Peppermint helps with cognition and brain fog. Make it a regular part of your routine as a student, it will help. It’s also non caffeinated so no adverse side effects as well. I always used it as a student especially on exam days and I had so many different responsibilities. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by MrTuns: 11:17am On Aug 19, 2023
There are two methods I will recommend:

1. The Feyman Technique: After reading a topic, try to explain what you just read to someone else in a way they would easily understand even if that person has no background in the subject you just read. If you can't find someone, explain it to a wall. Make sure you speak out loud, if people think you are mad, that's their problem.

2. The Blurting Method: After reading a topic, close the book and write everything you remember about what you just read. Then go back to the book to identify things you missed and revise it again. A variation of this is to make summaries, summarize what you are reading in your own words as you progress through the book. Before the exam, don't read the main book again, read your summaries.

Another technique is not really a reading technique but a time management technique. It's called the pomodoro technique. Read for 20 to 25 minutes and take a 10 minute break after the first 3 sessions. After the 4th session take a 30 minutes break. This will increase your focus and make your reading sessions less boring.

These techniques appear difficult at first, but once you get used to it, you will be more effective when studying by spending less time studying than your peers yet you will get better results.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Confiture: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2023
MrTuns:
There are two methods I will recommend:

1. The Feyman Technique: After reading a topic, try to explain what you just read to someone else in a way they would easily understand even if that person has no background in the subject you just read. If you can't find someone, explain it to a wall. Make sure you speak out loud, if people think you are mad, that's their problem.

2. The Blurting Method: After reading a topic, close the book and write everything you remember about what you just read. Then go back to the book to identify things you missed and revise it again. A variation of this is to make summaries, summarize what you are reading in your own words as you progress through the book. Before the exam, don't read the main book again, read your summaries.

Another technique is not really a reading technique but a time management technique. It's called the pomodoro technique. Read for 20 to 25 minutes and take a 10 minute break after the first 3 sessions. After the 4th session take a 30 minutes break. This will increase your focus and make your reading sessions less boring.

These techniques appear difficult at first, but once you get used to it, you will be more effective when studying by spending less time studying than your peers yet you will get better results.
This helps! I do it also. OP can also use flashcards. Download an app called Quizlet for this.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Newman20(m): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2023
Geovanni412:

Here's the fastest way to solve your problem...

Stop making Notes

Yes, I said that...

What you need to do is to write questions instead for each chapter you read

Then develop a timetable based on spaced repetition

Structure your revision so that you would have answered the questions in your question bank 4-5 times before the exam

Understand this....

It is natural for you to forget much of what you read within the first three days.

To avoid this, read and make question bank.

Then answer the questions on first day of revision. Do the same exercise on day 2 of revision.

Then schedule two more sessions before the exam date....if exam is in a month, schedule a revision session once every week

Now, if you did the question bank exercise, you will find out that it becomes easier to answer some questions in seconds whilst for some other questions, you keep forgetting the answers

Mark the questions you keep forgetting the answers and work on them.

Depending on the nature of the exam, you might want to use flashcards and voice notes as well.

A good app for that is Anki. I used it successfully for my law school exams (COVID set). It is free and will provide you with a custom schedule for spaced repetition

If you want further guidance on how to use Anki or tips on how to memorise specific information like numbers, dm me and I can be more specific.

Hey, law undrgrad here. Do you mean you NEVER took any notes throughout the duration of your law school experience?

From my POV that looks kinda counter-intuitive as we remember more of what we write when we take notes. You just have to learn how to take them effectively.

@OP try using the cornell note taking method. It's the note taking method I use to maintain my first class CGPA. I think it'll be very helpful for you.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by WantsandMore: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2023
MAVICK2000:
cramming is not for everyone, I'll advise your intensive reading should start when everyone just resumes so that when exams comes close, when others are intensively reading you'll be summarizing and testing your knowledge on past questions to know your blanks before hand. Moreover most exams have options. Play to your strength man.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by gaddafe(m): 11:38am On Aug 19, 2023
littleguy444:
please what is the fire brigade approach reading

Fire brigade is when it's two or three weeks to exam and you want to read and pass. This only works if you have applied the method the person I previously quoted earlier talked about.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Kasdat5(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2023
Walnut..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by realone12(m): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Buy enough walnut, boil it, dry and grind it. Mix it with pure natural honey.
Take 2 tablespoonfuls morning and night for 1 month.

You'd go for Thanksgiving.
should the back of the walnut be pilled before boiling and drying it?
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Taystee: 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2023
MAVICK2000:

-Before reading mix 2 sachet of nescafe (the one containing caffeine and not milk) with warm water and little honey or sugar.

-Read in chunks and not at a stretch.

-Create a mind map,so that you can recall easily.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Dyfynezz12(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
Stop reading to pass exams
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by shiggy: 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2023
Use supplements to boosts
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Eriokanmi: 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2023
majesticguy:

It seems you've been cramming and reading, rather than studying.

Try to study.

Read to understand and not just for reading sake.

Relate what you read to real life events and activities.

Jot down points while studying, it helps you recall what you've read.

Some folks read once and never forget, others need to read the same thing multiple times, so as to remember, find out what works for you.

Irrespective of the handouts, material given, try to read further to gain more insight and knowledge on the topic, but make sure the additional information you are gaining falls within the scope of the study materials or handouts.

Revision of what you read the previous day in the wee hours of the following day also helps memory retention.

Look for folks you can revise with after studying, ask them questions on what you don't understand.

Although, the above rarely works for the fire brigade approach.

If you want to adopt the reading for understanding approach, then you should have started from the onset of the semester.

Good point
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by adebayour01: 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
Ebubu3:
what if he is sexually active. Does it deplete mental energy too since he also cums? Masturbation and sex as well result in cumming

Listening to naira Marley songs and listening to Catholic choirs are they the same? Since they are both opening their mouths. Masturbation affect the memory capacity of the brain brother.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Westerhoffe(m): 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2023
realone12:
should the back of the walnut be pilled before boiling and drying it?

Yes.
Remove the black shell first before boiling, drying and grinding to powder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri Imo State 2011/2012 Result Is Out Check It Now / Photos: Yinka Ayefele’s Handsome Son Graduates From Howard University / Which University Is Currently Selling Their Pre-degree Form.pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.