Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal (19308 Views)

Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations / Nigeria Stripped Off Women's Relay Commonwealth Gold Over Doping Violations / Blessing Okagbare Banned For 10 Years Over Doping - AIU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Tabletuner(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
She brought this on herself. These kinds of allegations would follow you till the end of your career and leaves the air of suspicion open.

I hope she learns

How?

5 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by ehikwe22: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
She brought this on herself. These kinds of allegations would follow you till the end of your career and leaves the air of suspicion open.

I hope she learns

Stop talking nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by baralatie(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
Waow
That is good news for her
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Geneh411: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
Go baby!
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by SmartyPants(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
They did not vow to appeal. They said they'd consider it

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by SOFTSKILL: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I will believe them too. She has no excuse for failing 3 invitations. Before anyone put tribal sentiments to it, I'm Yoruba and a "konk" one at that.

Why are you telling us your tribal affiliation?

4 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by tonicyril: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

There’s no was to ascertain whether she was on banned substances or not due to the passage of time. In reality her name is soiled forever.

The spontaneity of those invitations to test is what make them credible.

I wish her the best

Will u calm down sir??

4 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I will believe them too. She has no excuse for failing 3 invitations. Before anyone put tribal sentiments to it, I'm Yoruba and a "konk" one at that.

Great submission. We shouldn’t see this as a witch-hunt, it’s clearly inexcusable to miss 3 in a row knowing how sensitive these tests are. They will appeal I hope she’s lucky twice in a row.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
ehikwe22:

Stop talking nonsense.

Emotions over logic all over again

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by LeyeWrites: 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

There’s no was to ascertain whether she was on banned substances or not due to the passage of time. In reality her name is soiled forever.

I wish her the best
Shut the hell up.

Hater.

4 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by BabaO2: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

I hope she learns
What is this one ranting.
We give thanks to God, as e dey pain you e dey sweet us.

4 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by firearcher: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
If her reasons are considered genuine and legitimate by the Disciplinary Committee set up for that purpose, what's the rationale for appealing?

You only largely appeal when you have made your own preconceived judgement and the ruling goes against it.

In other words, they already prejudged that she is guilty, and I wonder what evidences they have that the tribunal doesn't to come to that conclusion

2 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Shut the hell up.

Hater.

Hater of what?

Bring on valid arguments not disgracing yourself publicly
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
BabaO2:

What is this one ranting.
We give thanks to God, as e dey pain you e dey sweet us.

I’m not your clone, we must or have same opinions

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by worksmart(m): 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
So they have now fully disrupted her preparation for the World champs which starts in 2 days time angry

I hope she shames them and wins again!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by DesChyko: 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
How does that make up for lost time? The timing of this accusation is not fair to her, considering she was in the middle of preparing for a tournament then.

3 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Fugazy2023: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
Segzy19:
Shame on all those tribal bigots who already vilified her here on Nairaland land.

Alayebaje ni gbogbo yin..
Ä’yin osinwin buruku yi

Na the igbos

4 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by BabaO2: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
CaptainFM1:

You are mere grand standing, you know absolutely nothing.
Are you more informed than her coach and the over all verdict?
No one needs your tribal affiliation, lots of impersonators on social media. Mmesoma scored 249 she claimed 362 through social media.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by ppogba: 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
worksmart:
So they have now fully disrupted her preparation for the World champs which starts in 2 days time angry

It may be part of the agenda.

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by seunmsg(m): 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
This is a great news. So happy for her. Hopefully, she will come back to the track bigger and better.

4 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Tareq1105: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
MyExpression:
Why are they appealing?

Are they not suppose to uphold the result of the constituted Disciplinary committee?

Why dem dey find wetin no loss?!
Why are they witch-hunting our gurl....tomorrow if we shout Racism, they'll say its victimisation mentality...but this is looking like colonial imperialism.

White people are not happy to see a black woman holding the title.

Do you know how much they would have gotten through adverts?

They just want to bring her down and that's why they don't want her to compete so that they could have a new champion.

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Addme: 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
worksmart:

She was actually training on her own though psychologically, she will be affected.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by worksmart(m): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
Pre-championship competition which is crucial part of the prep is impossible to repilcate in training
Addme:

She was actually training on her own though psychologically, she will be affected.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Goodlady(f): 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
Who are AIU? Una ment ni

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by MTNnews: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
You wish she was like the other gil that failed her test not once but twice before she was banned n her career finally over.

Now this one cleared her name by those appointed to investigate her you are still here lamenting.

This was how some useless souls lamented when Adeshina was cleared by the AFDB but do not accept Mnesome Ejikeme crime of forging JAMB result even after she confessed she indeed forged the result. Many of you no just get sense I swear.

iLoveYouToo:

I wish her the best

5 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by JuanDeDios: 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
jericco1:
Just imagine
Those people are evil
How?
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Tobijays: 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
CaptainFM1:

so why do you think the court cleared her? Ther must have been a legal excuse for her to win against the body! You wer hospitalized in another state 2 days to your exam, unfortunately you missed all your papers! Normally you don carryover but if you sue the sch your grades will not stand and will be wiped out until you have rewritten your exams

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by CaptainFM1: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
BabaO2:

You are mere grand standing, you know absolutely nothing.
Are you more informed than her coach and the over all verdict?
No one needs your tribal affiliation, lots of impersonators on social media. Mmesoma scored 249 she claimed 362 through social media.

Go check the threads here. I never stand for Mmesomma either. 1 failed invitation is enough, 2 failed invitation is absolutely ridiculous, and definitely 3 failed invitation is something else I have no words for. This is her trade and she should get serious at it. I have no doubt that she may be a very clean athletes but come on, failing 1,.......2, and 3 consecutive doping invites give room for raising eye-brow!

I want to stay neutral though, but certainly no excuse for failing medical invites requisite for your profession.

The association should perhaps have a penalty, like if you fail one invite, you are excluded from 3 tournaments. If you miss 2, you are excluded from another 5, and if you miss 3, you are banned for life.

It's just my take though.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by slowice(m): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Why are they stressing this baby girl sef?
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
MTNnews:
You wish she was like the other gil that failed her test not once but twice before she was banned n her career finally over.

Now this one cleared her name by those appointed to investigate her you are still here lamenting.

This was how some useless souls lamented when Adeshina was cleared by the AFDB but do not accept Mnesome Ejikeme crime of forging JAMB result even after she confessed she indeed forged the result. Many of you no just get sense I swear.

I don’t have a personal vendetta against her, it’s not personal. I’m not Igbo so I don’t know the dimension you’re taking this to.

It’s stupid if you to think emotionally or sentimentally about something this serious.

Our opinions don’t have a direct bearing on how this ends, whether good or bad for her.

FYI I celebrated her win and still do.

You think you’ve made valid points but you lie.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by CaptainFM1: 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tobijays:
so why do you think the court cleared her? Ther must have been a legal excuse for her to win against the body! You wer hospitalized in another state 2 days to your exam, unfortunately you missed all your papers! Normally you don carryover but if you sue the sch your grades will not stand and will be wiped out until you have rewritten your exams

The analogy is somewhat half-truth in that she repeatedly submit herself for consecutive tournaments, but she wouldn't find the space for a medical scrutiny.

You know medical testing is time bound, and all the elements will clear off over time with no trace.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by julimax(m): 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
I can't remember when last an American atlect was investigate for doping. Hmmm

Zakie testifies about his alcohol problem in church. grin grin grin. You need to see this

Subscribe and share
#https://youtube.com/shorts/qGDXoykKIzc?feature=share #funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hasan Nagor Confirms Maurizio Sarri Exit On Instagram / African Soccer President, Ahmad Ahmad Banned For 5 Years By FIFA / Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.