Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal (19271 Views)

Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations / Nigeria Stripped Off Women's Relay Commonwealth Gold Over Doping Violations / Blessing Okagbare Banned For 10 Years Over Doping - AIU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by NOwazobia: 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
Good one

The appealing makes it look personal.

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Juju70(m): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
Phuk d omperiLists! If only Africa can improve their otumokpo
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by abbey621(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
As much as I like her, she needs to be careful. There's no excuse for missing one drug test not to talk of 3 within one year. It would be a shame for her records to be tainted.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Yankee101: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
They just want to tarnish this black girl’s image
People will be thinking now they caught her cheating

3 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by stasius: 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
What are they appealing?
What did the young woman do to them?

Bloody racists!
Ndị ara mmụọ! Nonsense. Kịtịkpa rachaa ha anya!
Maybe they want her thing but she refused giving it to them.
They should let her be!!! Wicked perverts!

3 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Tzar(m): 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
I think some interests are bent on destroying Tobi Amusan!
I don’t know what she did to offend them, but looks like they ain’t happy with her winning streak.
fergie001:
The AIU confirms on July 19, charged and provisionally suspended Tobi Amusan (NGR) for 3 Whereabouts Failures.

The Charge will be heard by the Disciplinary Tribunal and determined before the World Athletics Championships which holds on August 27-29, 2023.

The AIU has promised to head to CAS to appeal the decision.

Athletics Integrity Unit

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7770125/tobi-amusan-provisionally-suspended-anti-doping#124514433

2 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Owochogod: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
This bastard hairy white men are trying to break down our own Amusan psychologically not knowing she's God anointed.

3 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Buharidgeneral: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
She brought this on herself. These kinds of allegations would follow you till the end of your career and leaves the air of suspicion open.

I hope she learns

For all of you planning to convulse on my mention, must we share the same opinions?

We all read the story and chose a side, if you picked by emotion it’s your cup of tea, I maintain my stand
How ?

2 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Tobijays: 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
CaptainFM1:

The analogy is somewhat half-truth in that she repeatedly submit herself for consecutive tournaments, but she wouldn't find the space for a medical scrutiny.

You know medical testing is time bound, and all the elements will clear off over time with no trace.
yes, that was why she was suspended by the body but they lost the case except they appeal which I’m sure they won’t! Unnecessary waste of money! But nah for final year everybody dy do Medicals for naija. Normally, we could have done it in year 1 or year 2 or year 3 or even year 4 but we chose to pay 10k and rush am for finals maybe that mentality of doing things at the last minute messed with her
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Igboslayer: 11:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
She brought this on herself. These kinds of allegations would follow you till the end of your career and leaves the air of suspicion open.

I hope she learns

For all of you planning to convulse on my mention, must we share the same opinions?

We all read the story and chose a side, if you picked by emotion it’s your cup of tea, I maintain my stand
She didn't failed a doping test but violates some of the testing procedures (By failing to present her self for test on three occasions...or the testing body couldn't locate her on three occasions) The body greatest concern is that those three occasions may have been used to wear out drugs from her system if she's doping which I doubt.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by CaptainFM1: 11:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tobijays:
yes, that was why she was suspended by the body but they lost the case except they appeal which I’m sure they won’t! Unnecessary waste of money! But nah for final year everybody dy do Medicals for naija. Normally, we could have done it in year 1 or year 2 or year 3 or even year 4 but we chose to pay 10k and rush am for finals maybe that mentality of doing things at the last minute messed with her

She has a golden opportunity and she should take it even more serious. Her excuses are untenable at a global view. She should not be creating rooms for dusts and shadows to gather around her. Virtually all top athletes and sports figures are subjected to this scrutiny at every levels, Hers shouldn't be different. To now think they gave her 3 attempts is extremely worrisome and a cause for concern. Anyway, I wish her the very best.

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
Igboslayer:
She didn't failed a doping test but violates some of the testing procedures (By failing to present her self for test on three occasions...or the testing body couldn't locate her on three occasions) The body greatest concern is that those three occasions may have been used to wear out drugs from her system if she's doping which I doubt.
This is my exact line of thought. The fact I didn’t enumerate it the way you did is because I expect some people to use their brains. Thanks
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by tollyboy5(m): 12:26am On Aug 18, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

I hope she learns

Its better to pick emotion than to pick stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by ETAZWeb: 1:26am On Aug 18, 2023
Really Talented Woman. I think she will have a long success road in the way...

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Depsui(m): 2:22am On Aug 18, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

There’s no was to ascertain whether she was on banned substances or not due to the passage of time. In reality her name is soiled forever.

The spontaneity of those invitations to test is what make them credible.

I wish her the best

You're saying nonsense, it wasn't an invitation. The rule itself is stupid, they test them before and after every race. Amusan herself has been tested at least 10 times this year, how many more test do you need?

They need to release the list of how many times they tested all the other athletes as well, because she claimed she was tested more times than other athletes and I believe her.

Plus she didn't actually avoid any scheduled test. She just didn't reveal her location some times. Which I think is a stupid rule, why will you have to know where an athlete is everyday throughout the year? They could just contact her anyday they wanted to test her.

3 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Depsui(m): 2:32am On Aug 18, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Go check the threads here. I never stand for Mmesomma either. 1 failed invitation is enough, 2 failed invitation is absolutely ridiculous, and definitely 3 failed invitation is something else I have no words for. This is her trade and she should get serious at it. I have no doubt that she may be a very clean athletes but come on, failing 1,.......2, and 3 consecutive doping invites give room for raising eye-brow!

I want to stay neutral though, but certainly no excuse for failing medical invites requisite for your profession.

The association should perhaps have a penalty, like if you fail one invite, you are excluded from 3 tournaments. If you miss 2, you are excluded from another 5, and if you miss 3, you are banned for life.

It's just my take though.

You don't even know what you're talking about. She wasn't invited for any test. They were trying to locate her for a test on a random day and they couldn't. If she knew they wanted to test her and she avoided them, then that's a different case. But she didn't know.

The rule is that they have to know an athletes location at all times during the season ( which I believe is a stupid rule). They simply couldn't locate her on a day she had no idea they were going to test her.

They idea of random tests is okay but they should have simply contacted her for the test.

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by wealthyvic1: 2:46am On Aug 18, 2023
[quote author=Jsucre post=125179161][/quote]

AND ALSO COUNTLESS CANCER CASES grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Tflex01: 3:01am On Aug 18, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

I don’t have a personal vendetta against her, it’s not personal. I’m not Igbo so I don’t know the dimension you’re taking this to.

It’s stupid if you to think emotionally or sentimentally about something this serious.

Our opinions don’t have a direct bearing on how this ends, whether good or bad for her.

FYI I celebrated her win and still do.

You think you’ve made valid points but you lie.
The bolded is not necessary. You can be an unfortunate hater irrespective of your tribal affiliations.

Igbos don't own exclusive right to stupidity.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Tflex01: 3:10am On Aug 18, 2023
Depsui:

You're saying nonsense, it wasn't an invitation. The rule itself is stupid, they test them before and after every race. Amusan herself has been tested at least 10 times this year, how many more test do you need?

They need to release the list of how many times they tested all the other athletes as well, because she claimed she was tested more times than other athletes and I believe her.

Plus she didn't actually avoid any scheduled test. She just didn't reveal her location some times. Which I think is a stupid rule, why will you have to know where an athlete is everyday throughout the year? They could just contact her anyday they wanted to test her.

God bless you. Other athletes are tested less than 3 times a year but they want to test Amusan 10 times. Blo0dy racists!

3 Likes

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by MightySparrow: 3:33am On Aug 18, 2023
Persecution for being black. Pray for her please.
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by tit(f): 4:00am On Aug 18, 2023
Good job by Judichary
All Aiyes on Tribunal
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Gajagojo: 4:04am On Aug 18, 2023
chidaddy1198:
Good for her.

white and discrimination to successful sport men and women in Africa
if she no they perform na no body go remember do test for her
I don't I know why illiterate people are allowed to talk nonsense
What is discrimination?
Was it Nigerians or blacks that cleared her?
The question is did she miss 3 drug tests within 12 months yes or no? If yes was that a breach of the rules yes or no? If yes were they supposed to ignore it and do nothing?

How does that silly racism sentiment come in?

She needs to look at herself and her behaviour. The rules are clear and the consequences too.

Missing tests is very suspicious

She is supposed to be a professional which means she must know the rules of her job as well as the consequences
Her behaviour raises suspicions
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Gajagojo: 4:04am On Aug 18, 2023
MightySparrow:
Persecution for being black. Pray for her please.
Keep kwayet
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Gajagojo: 4:14am On Aug 18, 2023
Tflex01:

God bless you. Other athletes are tested less than 3 times a year but they want to test Amusan 10 times. Blo0dy racists!
Go and get a job

What is the source of your silly claim that other athletes are tested less than 3 times

There is absolutely no racism here if you must make a claim you must make it based on facts

Let us learn to Stop playing victim and deal with reality

There is no racism here
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Gajagojo: 4:22am On Aug 18, 2023
stasius:
What are they appealing?
What did the young woman do to them?

Bloody racists!
Ndị ara mmụọ! Nonsense. Kịtịkpa rachaa ha anya!
Maybe they want her thing but she refused giving it to them.
They should let her be!!! Wicked perverts!

I will tell you what they are appealing

The WADA rules are clear

Athletes are required to provide. WHEREABOUTS information 365
days a year and WADA can turn up anywhere you are anytime to demand a sample.
If They turn up and don't find you it is a violation. If that happens 3 times within 365 days you get automatic suspension. No exception

Now the question is did that happen with Amusan yes or no? It is as simple as that.

If it happened and her suspension is not upheld then that could effectively mean that the rule is overturned and no longer in effect for other athletes once a precedent is established

What an objective person should ask is what was Amusan's defence?Did she deny missing 3 tests or Did she admit it and give a reason ,what was the reason and Why was a that accepted.

The rule was not made because of Amusan

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Gajagojo: 4:48am On Aug 18, 2023
Tabletuner:

How?

WADA rules are clear go and study them so that you are talking from a place of information
She is a professional and must know the rules of her trade

It is called the WHEREABOUTS RULE

One thing we do not do in Nigeria is take responsibility for our actions or inactions
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Gajagojo: 4:51am On Aug 18, 2023
ehikwe22:

Stop talking nonsense.
You are the one talking nonsense
Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by Gajagojo: 4:53am On Aug 18, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Great submission. We shouldn’t see this as a witch-hunt, it’s clearly inexcusable to miss 3 in a row knowing how sensitive these tests are. They will appeal I hope she’s lucky twice in a row.

You are right

The rule has been around for a long time

There is no need to play victim

If the decision is overturned I won't be surprised

I am happy for her but a whereabouts failure is a serious breach

Her clearance will set a very dangerous precedent

1 Like

Re: Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal by latonione: 5:28am On Aug 18, 2023
Deed already done, hope she will be able to surprise them with her next performance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title / Ogenyi's Mastercard Used In Shanghai By Fraudsters / Is She An Athlete Or A P0rnStar? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.