Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG (10132 Views)

Tinubu Approved N3bn For National Social Register Verification – Bayo Onanuga / Social Register: FG Unveils Plans For Families Of Injured, Fallen Soldiers / Cash Transfer: We’re Scrutinising National Social Register – Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by Calabar1stSon: 6:17am On Aug 18, 2023
DenreleDave:

Mind you, the last person I voted was Fashola..

No hatred... It's jsut personal choice....

If Tinubu doesn't perform as expected, I will not support him again, I will find a better candidate unlike you that don't have a right thinking head living on propaganda and blind support.

So we are different
You're Nairaland Portable for a reason. Because you're very unstable.

1 Like

Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by maasoap(m): 6:22am On Aug 18, 2023
henro4niger:
Nigeria as usual, looking for who is the culprit and using that to deal with vulnerable people instead of doing the right thing.
The adverse effects of the subsidy cannot be ameliorated with just palliatives because the bleeding is too much. I was out yesterday to buy akara and yam, before I could say jack, #500 is gone and I can't even see what I bought. Everything is SUPER expensive! Whether you have a v12 car or you're trekking, you will surely pay premium for subsidy removal.
The worst is that the government will completely waste the money realized from the subsidy.

I have never supported fuels subsidy removal and I won't start now irrespective of who is the president. That's because that's the only thing masses benefit from government whether you have a car or generator or you don't have. Now, it's gone!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by maasoap(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2023
ivandragon:
Lol.

These guys have seen how easy it is to loot through palliative. All these talk is for show & using plaster to treat cancer.

They say smuggling of pms is the major problem. Ok.

With 2bn, Nigeria can get a good surveillance tactical drone. With 20bn, we can get 10 of these drones to enhance our border security against smuggling of pms & help address other border security issues.

Instead, the government is handing over hundreds of billions to governors who would simply loot the funds & we are back to square one ...

This was my sentiment when the subsidy removal was announced. That money will end up in their pockets. Those who supported subsidy removal are senseless, just like those who supported power sector "privatisation".
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by NigerianAngelo(m): 6:29am On Aug 18, 2023
Can't you build one rice farm or a 10,000 hectare sugar plantation with the money?

Why sharing, sharing, sharing, sharing?

If Igbos enter power, they shouldn't leave for at least 20 years.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by tunji2003(m): 6:35am On Aug 18, 2023
adanonso:
Please forgive my ignorance.

How much will it cost to build or repair one refinary??
No they won't dare try to build new refinaries even the modular ones because they will protect Dangote investment in his new refinary that is yet to begin operation I heard that he borrowed billions of dollars to build it,
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by ozo13(m): 6:35am On Aug 18, 2023
ivandragon:
Lol.

These guys have seen how easy it is to loot through palliative. All these talk is for show & using plaster to treat cancer.

They say smuggling of pms is the major problem. Ok.

With 2bn, Nigeria can get a good surveillance tactical drone. With 20bn, we can get 10 of these drones to enhance our border security against smuggling of pms & help address other border security issues.

Instead, the government is handing over hundreds of billions to governors who would simply loot the funds & we are back to square one...
nice suggestion.But in Nigeria, we love to do things the abnormal way because of lack of sincerity
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by ivandragon: 6:41am On Aug 18, 2023
ozo13:
nice suggestion.But in Nigeria, we love to do things the abnormal way because of lack of sincerity

In fact, it is sickening.

We understand governance is not easy, but there are some basic things that commonsense & sincerity can help resolve.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by akinmusi(m): 6:46am On Aug 18, 2023
Wow
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by kokoA(m): 6:51am On Aug 18, 2023
Any money in the hands of governors is gone.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by XY23: 6:59am On Aug 18, 2023
Subsidy is gone! Nigeria moved from subsidizing fuel for the citizens, to the poor citizens subsidizing the lifestyle of the elites. Useless country. Instead of using the money to chart a course for our nation, they're busy sharing, and their underachieving supporters are hailing.

No power, no health insurance, no sustainable livelihood; yet you think you're teaching people political lessons. Your kids will mock you.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by DenreleDave(m): 7:08am On Aug 18, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
You're Nairaland Portable for a reason. Because you're very unstable.

Yen yen yen yen

U go explain tire
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by papaa4: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2023
I hope say d interest have not started adding
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by slowice(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2023
What a joke.... They never learn.

We all know how this will end as this is not the first time..... This is their way of empowering their co-criminals at all levels.

Vote wisely una say no.

Subsidy was never the problem, mammoth corruption in the oil sector is, if you block one way they simply open the other way. The government is not ready to tackle corruption in the oil sector because it benefits everyone in position.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by bixton(m): 7:41am On Aug 18, 2023
abc115:

.https://twitter.com/woye1/status/1692258616034615606

If this is what they want to do with such money then it just shows that the FG is very well ill advised. How can you ask for social registers from SG who cannot share palliatives of food commodities given to them appropriately during the last floods. There is nothing good in this that will alleviate the perils of the common man out of the present challenges whatsoever.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by yeshuasfootstep(m): 7:44am On Aug 18, 2023
And you people think that's enough?

Then expect fictitious names, dead people's names, even cats and dogs names.

Being poor doesn't mean you can't do the little you are supposed to do.

Encourage everyone to have their NIN and BVN with bank accounts, from their transactions and other indices; with assistance of the financial institutions, you can map out a transparent, accountable stress free way of transfering money to these individuals without it ending in politicians pockets.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by ufotunang: 7:49am On Aug 18, 2023
This pallatives and socila intervention funds I do not like it ...because this pallatives and funds do not get to the main poor people and the government officials divert some of this money to their bank account and enrich themselves... that is why the federal government and state government like to always do this pallatives and social intervention funds
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by VTJN(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2023
I won't subscribe to this. Covid 19 palliative was completely hoarded by these same government. The money was even borrowed sef grin

They borrowed money to loot. This country is seriously bleeding honestly
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by Levels1(m): 8:05am On Aug 18, 2023
Emu4life:
Money they should use to fix a Refinery is about to be shared within themselves. Honestly, Tinubu is already giving the Buhari- vibes. We are in for a long thing.

You are in.

And we are in for progress. As Bible says, ask and shall be giving unto you.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by lexy2014: 8:15am On Aug 18, 2023
Whalis:
I think world Bank who knows how corrupt our leaders are and still give them money to share to the people are the problem.
World Bank should by themselves give out whatever.

very valid point because since they know that the monies they give is usually stolen, why do they continue giving it?

1. the money will find its way back to them in the form of medical tourism, schooling for the kids of the politicians, properties purchased in foreign countries and monies stashed away in foreign bank accounts.

2. the loans give them perpetual control over Africa. as long as Africa is indebted to the west, they control Africa.

3. to always keep African leaders under their control so they can always tell them what to do. this is very evident in French speaking African countries.

therefore, worldbank will never give money to nigerians directly
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by engrchykae(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2023
adanonso:

You must not refine crude oil,it's for shell.
You can have millions of nnpc but they must never function.
Tafawa balewa and nnamdi Azikiwe had it as agreement under the supervision of princess Alexandra of Kent during independence celebration.
Know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by Emu4life(m): 8:54am On Aug 18, 2023
Ok
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by efeski(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2023
abc115:

.https://twitter.com/woye1/status/1692258616034615606

Social register when they've not conducted population census in a long while
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2023
Which one be social register again....
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2023
This is not a palliative.tinubu took a loan that you and i are the ones that will repay it through vats and other imposed charges.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by omolola12345(m): 10:00am On Aug 18, 2023
Its definitely party register. The federal directed all the unemployed graduates to go to their respective local governments and drop their credentials. Since then we never hear anything. Only God knows those that will benefit from #8000.

1 Like

Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by SAMTOBIJU(m): 11:06am On Aug 18, 2023
adanonso:

There is no ignorance in your question....it a valid question....Our leaders are just something else

1 Like

Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by Panda7(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2023
There is nothing like social register, states government wants to loot the palliative so there is no point paying them. You won't believe those crook heads can sit down and draft over 5million poor homes yet not even a single home has a valid name not even from their family kiss sad
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by BJanta: 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
DenreleDave:
grin grin

Very corrupt people.... Sumtyms I wish oyinbo can just come and rẹ-colonize us.... If they never left, Nigeria would not have gotten bad like this... We will be competing with Dubai, Canada and co in term of development if our colonizer never left us.

Even with the yeye social register, some people in charge will still divert the money.....

If this nation keep suffering her citizenz while the yeye politicians are feeding on our resources and still make jess of us, I think a time will come when the citizenz will rise against the politicians in every nooks and crannies of the country without regards to tribe or religion....

This post doesn't support violence, Please

Please give us a thread to counsel and help us to be captured in this social register .
Na whee he dey I beg.
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by TOMMYS: 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2023
engrchykae:
You must not refine crude oil,it's for shell.
You can have millions of nnpc but they must never function.
Tafawa balewa and nnamdi Azikiwe had it as agreement under the supervision of princess Alexandra of Kent during independence celebration.
Know this and know peace.

You go explain to Nigerians tire. No evidence. Ur hand to tear to type.
No Nigerian president can make thos refineries work. If it begins to work today in 5 years time. We would be like Saudi Arabia. Become uncontrollable.

They don't want another Dubai in africa.

Know peace abeg.

Only a military president or monarch will have the balls to revive and nationalizes this refineries
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by Feelings79: 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
jahsharon:

It is FG that is making that rule, not world bank
Never!..... it's a world bank condition attached to the loan, each of the people enlisted on the register must have their biometric captured too.There is an existing, credible register but the current crop of politicians are claiming it lacks credibility in an attempt to bring it their own people and it's not gonna be that easy for them shaa
Re: World Bank $800m: No Disbursement until States Submit Social Register - FG by Fujiyama: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
Racoon:
No national identity data base yet, so these palliative funds is just another looting galore for these governors.

^^^
sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo: Philip Shaibu Sues Ighodalo, Asks Court To Nullify PDP Primary / FG, India In Diplomatic Row Over Nigerian’s Death / Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.