Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme (10386 Views)

₦‎30 Billion Palliatives: I Hold You In High Esteem - Akpabio To Governors / FG says Governors Opposed Bailout’s N162m Monthly Repayment Plan / Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Advancedman(m): 10:40am On Aug 18, 2023
DaveHarry:

https://punchng.com/labour-faults-n180bn-palliatives-says-govs-will-frustrate-programme/

Anything called palliative in this country is a waste.
They should disown it entirely.
8k is just a meal.

1 Like

Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Akamon(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2023
What kind of country are we in. FG want to share palliative NLC and it's obedient arm complained of corruption. FG has relinquish itself from the lead to the states that is more closer to the people, yet NLC and obidients are still complaining.
I will stand in support of the government to imprison any endangered species bearing the name NLC and mischievous obidients. Why acting as stumbling block to the growth of this nation.
They cannot offer any advise or substitutional recommendation, daft individuals. What a country.
Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by meedoLock(m): 11:46am On Aug 18, 2023
DenreleDave:
I support NLC on this..

Can't they send the money to our account number?

Someone should please educate me. Is it not possible for govt to send money to our account with our bank?

Is it impossible? I don't trust any politicians with money ooooo

You are not one of the poorest of the poor. Are you? 🙄
Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
wis3:
It's not feasible. 5bn is a lot of money but it's a meagre sum if to be share amongst everyone in a state. Say for a intstance Kaduna has 5million people living in it. If N5billion were to be shared amongst 5million people, everyone will end up with N1k. What will one 1k do for you? How much more states like Lagos with a population of over 20million people. It's a waste
Chai!
Diaris God oooo!!!!
Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
Already, me I don collect my own share. Na im I take prepare this Ewedu soup and plenty Fufu. Plus I buy one bucket of pure water!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by XY23: 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
You're living in the utopia of your mind. The NLC chairman in my state is a card-carrying member of the Governor's party. What good can the masses get from such an unholy association? Secondly, what social register could actually capture the authentic beneficiaries? The ones drawn by a phantom committees? This is Nigeria.

In essence, if we know the reality that this initiative will have less than 20% implementation rate, do you think the FG keep doing these things (sharing) because they really want to help the masses? No, they want to pass the bulk, take their share and move on. Nigeria will never be great the way we run our affairs (anyone can be delusional). We have not built systems, we have built powerful men. Imagine, taking money from the poor (in style) and giving it to the rich (Governor's) to help support the same masses. Is there any point to subsidy removal other than to impoverish the masses?

Bluntemperor:

Which most Nigerians?
I am not amongst the Nigerians that think in one -way -direction,as you claimed above!
The question is this:
1• Are Labour Leaders afraid to tackle the Governors and demand from them the way to get the Palliatives to the People?
2•Are the Governors not closer to the Masses than the Federal Gov Or Are Local Governments no longer under the State Govt Structures?
3•Based on the Corruption Activities of the( Safia) Woman in the Disaster Management- that Ministry can't account for the Homogeneous Covid-19 Money! Once bitten twice shy- Do Labour Leaders expects the Federal Govt to go on such volee again,so that Nigeria s would say the Federal Govt is insensitive?
4• What our Labour Leaders should do is to set up their State Committee to go over the State Governments to ensure they pay the money and any State that failed,the. NLC-should mobilised for Strike!
But the NLC don't want to stress themselves hence new excuses that Fed Govt should not pay the States-- to distribute the Money to their respective People!
5• N5Billion is a lot of Money for any State to claimed they don't want to pay New Wages for their Workers.That is Homongous Money!
6.Our Labour Leaders should be ready to work out their differences with Governors and get the Money paid to Workers and Pensioners too.

1 Like

Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Blackdisciple(m): 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2023
That one is certain..
Flood don carry the money go already.
Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Erukulele(m): 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2023
Can't they just send the money to our various accounts through BVN. Most people will not get anything once it passes through the governors.

1 Like

Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
DaveHarry:

https://punchng.com/labour-faults-n180bn-palliatives-says-govs-will-frustrate-programme/
foolllls, send the money to the BVN accts of each Nigerians, all Nigerians have BVN accts
Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by TheKing4040(m): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2023
wittywriter:
Something they're already scheming to pocket.

Nigeria is been led by a heartless political class so anyone/citizen expecting palliatives is just plain stupid hoping to get such from government officials or office holders that hoarded freely donated palliatives back then in 2019/2020 during covid-19 pandemic era ....SMH

A political class that shares monies sorry prayers with reckless abandone to their bank email accounts...
FTC dedicated to fellow smart online earners earning in foreign hard currency.

$ is #900+ in black market.

Wittyness

Greetings brother. I would love to be an online earner too. I will definitely appreciate your support in regards to this if it's possible. Thank you
Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Bluntemperor: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
adioolayi:

You should rather keep quiet and be ashamed of yourself.
We are all here when this same government proposed direct cash transfer to the vulnerable using existing social register...NLC kicked against it, saying it will not get to those that needs it.
FGN listened and then decided to allow every state develop their own register as state governments understands the peculiarities of their states better...now, they have disbursed money to State Governments to implement.....NLC still kicking against it.
The question is, what exactly is NLC looking for? What can't they suggest best way they think it should go, instead of continuous criticism of government policies
That's my position. It's not about NLC being a think tank or what not. They can't just be shouting everytime without suggesting better ways of doing things

Good thinking!
Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by Exceed15: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
Tinubu too dull for my liking.
Re: NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme by wittywriter: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
TheKing4040:

Greetings brother. I would love to be an online earner too. I will definitely appreciate your support in regards to this if it's possible. Thank you

Oh just seeing this now...my bad. Quote my moniker in your dead thread or drop your digits there after quoting me if you still desire to get online income mentorship.

Wittyness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insecurity: IGP Egbetokun Sets Up Special Intervention Squad In Abuja / Rev Oladimeji Thinks GEJ May be Nigeria's Last President / Reuben Abati V. Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.