Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) (35355 Views)

CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme / CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner / CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by sidonlook: 9:03am On Aug 18, 2023
WHAT ARE YOU VERIFYING ?
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by AngelicBeing: 9:03am On Aug 18, 2023
sad
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Adex2442: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2023
Another IREV
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Macphenson: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2023
How does reduce the price of garri in the market
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Ramseydoyin: 9:05am On Aug 18, 2023
90% of Nigerians are not patriotic to this country, I do tell people long time ago Nigeria economy has been on falsehood stream long over due, if one to reform economy Nigeria we have many rivers to cross. I do wonder price of noodles in ondo state is different from in kaduna while in developed countries all commodities price are uniform.

11 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by wittywriter: 9:05am On Aug 18, 2023
Administration1:
Nice innovation
How...lolz it will only stifle transaction(s) swiftness.
132KVA:
Is this encrypted information for general public or what?
How will a common man understand what they meant.
Go n read about what Form-M is ...the use...thank me later.
Wainey:
Mynd44 care to explain?
Cos the only sentenece I understood there is the "central Bank of Nigeria"
1Alex:
What is that gibberish written in that memo uo there?

Price of what are they verifying bikonu?
driand:

am I the only person here who doesn't understand what that letter said ?

kokoA:
I won't pretend to understand anything the[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]re
drmorphine:
Importance of this please?

Okoroawusa:
This thread is on its 2nd page yet none of the commenters has the slightest idea what the memo is about...

... and neither do I

NamelessOGBENI:

Wahala...
Ramseydoyin:
90% of Nigerians are not patriotic to this country, I do tell people long time ago Nigeria economy has been on falsehood stream long over due, if one to reform economy Nigeria we have many rivers to cross. I do wonder price of noodles in ondo state is different from in kaduna while in developed countries all commodities price are uniform.
This is just a measure to control and verify import taxes and not s price control measures within ...Nigeria is yet to have be deliberate about implementing laws or sanctions on internal price control on commodity sales.

Wittyness
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by 132KVA: 9:05am On Aug 18, 2023
Is this encrypted information for general public or what?
How will a common man understand what they meant.
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Bfly: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2023
Tinubu didn't relaxed to understand the working of things in the presidency.

He might mean well, but those policies are too tough on the people and too difficult to relate with.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by hopexter(m): 9:08am On Aug 18, 2023
ImDStar:
The illegitimate man must be ousted out.
Illegitimate person cannot birth legitimate government.
That's my own.

Who’s now the legitimate? Atiku or the one that came third?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by kokoA(m): 9:08am On Aug 18, 2023
I won't pretend to understand anything there

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Nealson(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2023
Another one!.....

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by ify84(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2023
The person that understands this should break it down. How will the poor man benefit

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Rubyjade: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2023
cheesy
ImDStar:
That's my own.
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:12am On Aug 18, 2023
immortalcrown:
Is it a big deal to mention foreign exchange in the report?

See as I rush think say na the prices of Garri, Groundnut, Sugar and Fuel.
Wahala...
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Okoroawusa: 9:15am On Aug 18, 2023
This thread is on its 2nd page yet none of the commenters has the slightest idea what the memo is about...

... and neither do I

4 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Exmilitant(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2023
ImDStar:
That's my own.
Na God put am there. There is nothing you and your tribe can do about it............... Except of course your usual wailings.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by BigDawsNet: 9:19am On Aug 18, 2023
First class students... pls explain

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by RapistOnBail: 9:22am On Aug 18, 2023
ImDStar:
That's my own.
Mumu man... Person come 3rd u want am to become President cos your clan members all voted for the clown..

3 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by fineboynl(m): 9:22am On Aug 18, 2023
Look like price of currency and price of commodities?

Make cbn give me the contract. Make help them manage it.
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Starboytwo(m): 9:22am On Aug 18, 2023
For instance if you wan buy garri and the woman say #480. You quickly log on to cbn and verify the price.

All price must be uniform

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Peteridiata1001: 9:22am On Aug 18, 2023
Less talk.
Someone should explain form M in CBN not inec grin types of forms.
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by EMMANUELNATION(m): 9:23am On Aug 18, 2023
I was thinking its a fixed price on all commodities
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Greystone: 9:24am On Aug 18, 2023
ImDStar:
That's my own.

Honestly.
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Opmic: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2023
It take high level of intellect to understand this memo. While this is good in an academic environment, a government should strive to communicate with it's citizens as clear as possible. No employ people to complicate simple idea

3 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by daddy001: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2023
Form M is a mandatory statutory document to be completed by all importers ... Any further extension has to be approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by crystalpapers(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2023
CBN dey drag naira for right, speculators dey drag am for left. This is a serious battle, we would see who will win.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2023
wittywriter:

Nigeria is yet to have laws or sanctions on internal price control on commodity sales.
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Babaken(m): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2023
Princeton92:
someone speak english please??
dey don use grammar confuse layman.
Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by acero120: 9:33am On Aug 18, 2023
They are trying to stop importers who come to the bank to collect dollars, pretending to be importing goods, but instead they use the Forex for something else (Like selling to BDC people for profit).

It will most likely fail though, the CBN is ill-equiped for this battle.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by Panda7(m): 9:37am On Aug 18, 2023
CBN needs to print more currency, stop direct dollar transaction within Nigeria every transaction must be in naira unless electronic transaction and improve export, that way there is no demand for dollar, the naira becomes stable and a high inflow of forex.

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by BoldBrainz(m): 9:37am On Aug 18, 2023
Ramseydoyin:

This is false.
Even in the US, prices of commodities vary according to locations please. The variations are however within a certain price basket regulated by the requisite agency so as to prevent indiscrimate price inflations which leads to public exploitation.

That effective regulation is what's lacking in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) by BoldBrainz(m): 9:38am On Aug 18, 2023
Panda7:
CBN needs to print more currency, stop direct dollar transaction within Nigeria every transaction must be in naira unless electronic transaction and improve export, that way there is no demand for dollar, the naira becomes stable and a high inflow of forex.

Under any circumstance, the CBN doesn't need to print more money. There's already too much paper naira in the economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign / Satchet (Pure Water) Nylon Recycling Business / Vehicles Trapped At Nation’s Borders As Import Ban Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.