Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior (15360 Views)

Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! / Couple Eat Alone With Their Kids At Fast Food Ignore Their Maid, Nigerians Angry / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by sharone21(f): 11:13am On Aug 29, 2023
Very true.... You even see a small Yoruba child not more than 6 yrs old, calling someone older with 7 to 11 yrs by name, so unbelievable. The tone of her voice to her older ones are not that of a humble child.... Not more than one.... Becoming rampant.

Then some so called young Nigerian adults too easily display lack of home training.

Many now forget to use magic words learnt in Nursery school eg Sorry, Please, Thank you, Excuse me/ Pardon etc due to feeling woke even when some Nigerians abroad are firm with their children.

Our Educational system I believe is still EDUCATION WITH MORALS however, parents spoil the whole thing.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by ceejay80s(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Their parents are also on Nairaland raining insults on one another. So, what do you expect.
True talk
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2023
Confiture:

Who's she please?

Esther Raphael

Popular TikTok Influencer.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Oluwaseunomo: 11:16am On Aug 29, 2023
tuzle:
Imagine someone I am far older than came to my house to borrow something and can't still greet me in my house. I can understand if u don't want to greet me outside but in my house
Na bicycle kick i go take boot am out, you dey whine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by WoroSeeWoro(m): 11:16am On Aug 29, 2023
80 percent of todays guys and girls lack basic cultured training....
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Chetas81(m): 11:18am On Aug 29, 2023
talented321:
Normal
inside the shithole
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Chetas81(m): 11:22am On Aug 29, 2023
EASY GOING,IS THE NAME, SPOIL ADULT EVERYWHERE, BLACK ALWAYS TAKE WRONG SIDE OF THEIR COLONIAL MASTERS,IF YOU DON'T GREET ME, IF YOU ASK ME ANYTHING, YOU WILL REGRET MY RESPONSE TO YOU
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by achimendy(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Most Nigerian parents focus more on their children's education but ignore their children's moral behavior. E.g Greetings, respect, good manners etc. I'm really disappointed in some children these days.

You're correct, our society is losing its moral standards big time. Parents need to wake up and do needful.

We're now following the western way of doing things and abandoning our culture. nowadays I learnt most schools dont beat students anymore because their parents are against it. What a world we live in.

You have two ways of correcting a child, either through talk or flogging. So both of them are useful to the regulation of any child's behaviour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Chetas81(m): 11:31am On Aug 29, 2023
Truvelisback:
Sadly, when these children become wayward in the future, the parents will start looking for whom to put the blame on. Only time will tell. cool
they I'll blame Jesus on their own ignorant
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by MufasaLion: 11:32am On Aug 29, 2023
belcom10:
Very correct, I had a neighbour then. The children don't greet. This made me not respect the parent. How they raised such kids.
I can't imagine me raising my kids that way.

They don't owe you greetings. Nobody owe anybody greetings!

Stop being entitled.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Lovelyn451(f): 11:33am On Aug 29, 2023
Just like yorubas prostrate to greet their elders but not other tribe elders which is wrong...tribalism is another issue
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by DonroxyII: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2023
ItisWell22:
Damn disgusting, and annoying.

But, what do you expect from touts turned mothers and fathers?

Well analyzed! 👏
Thanks ... !
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by NoToPile: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2023
Babatojibola:
I remember FAPPING 20 NAIRA FROM MY MUMS PURSE IN 1995...
one 10 NAIRA NOTE AND two 5 NAIRA NOTES...
I went to mallams place to buy 15 NAIRA WAFERS... THE BIG ONE NOT NASCO OF 5, 5 NAIRA...
as i siddon beside mallam open wafer say make i begin dey knack am
Na so one auntie FUNMI wey no be my family oo
She wasnt even living close to our BLOCK IN MILE 2 ESTATE..
She lives in about 12 ZONES from us...
but she dey always greet my mama when she dey pass...
Na so AUNTIE FUNMI site me about to munch big wafers beside MALLAM...
She just come meet me ask me where i from see money
I told her my mum gave me...
She say na lie... say if na so why i no carry d WAFER GO HOUSE GO CHOP...
As i want begin argue ...
She just HOLD MY WRIST WITH THE WAFER STILL IN MY HAND....
Na so she drag me go meet my MAMA FOR HOUSE...
THE MEMORIES of that day STILL FRESH FOR MY HEAD...
since that DAY I DON GET PTSD FOR
1. BIG WAFERS
2.MY MAMA PURSE
3. SNACKING BESIDE MALLAM and
4. ANYBODY WITH THE NAME FUNMI...
sad grin cheesy

. This had me in stitches abeg I Don laff taya.

I can't imagine the whooping you received so tey you hate the name Funmi. grin grin
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by MufasaLion: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2023
22o62021:
Culture difference

In igbo land, you don't give an elder something with a left hand
But where I live
I saw a boy of about 20 using left hand to pass food to a man of 80 years.

I tried to correct him but they said it doesn't mean anything.

That year in the late 90's
Students of UNN will us message, you born you to say no

Them go beat you in front of your parents

There's nothing wrong in using either hands to give anyone anything.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by MufasaLion: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2023
Lovelyn451:
Just like yorubas prostrate to greet their elders but not other tribe elders which is wrong...tribalism is another issue

How?
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Buffalo2(m): 11:39am On Aug 29, 2023
Truvelisback:
Nobody vex me ooo. I just noticed that kids of this century have lost it. Although, I don't blame them, I blame the parents. Awful things we couldn't do as kids in our time are what nowadays kids are doing and it's really astonishing.
Sometimes ago when working in a school there was this boy that everything in him portrayed disrespect so one day I called asked him why he did'nt greet elders and he said greeting was his fundamental human right so he was free to greet whoeverit pleased him. Then I told him never to pass infron of my office if he won't open his mouth to greet. Could you believe that the boy truly stopped usin the passage infron of my office. When I saw the parents and told them, the mum just said casualy that "That was the way he behaves". Can you imagine! That's the effect of imported culture on this generation.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by eboniest(f): 11:40am On Aug 29, 2023
God knows am going to train my child in the way of the lord..Am gonna be a strict mother to my children..No room for bringing them up like this new generation kids that are spoilt brat..
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by MufasaLion: 11:43am On Aug 29, 2023
eboniest:
God knows am going to train my child in the way of the lord..Am gonna be a strict mother to my children..No room for bringing them up like this new generation kids that are spoilt brat..

Are kids brought up "the way of the Lord" any better than the ones not brought up that way?

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Most Nigerian parents focus more on their children's education but ignore their children's moral behavior. E.g Greetings, respect, good manners etc. I'm really disappointed in some children these days.

You left out of the most important, dressing etc
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Olawade24: 11:57am On Aug 29, 2023
IjebuWarrior:
Na parents dey even pierce their little boys' ears, draw tattoos on thier children's bodies, weave their boys' hair to feel cool. Some dey even bleach thier kids. angry

Useless Bastards parents.
lol @ bleaching grin
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Gggjhhj: 11:59am On Aug 29, 2023
Where I stay there some kids given birth by same parents they don't greet, I noticed it and stopped greeting dia parents, it's because parents don't guide them.

Nowadays you see boys of 18 renting there own apartment with there girlfriends staying with them, I just wonder if they actually have parents
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Lovelyn451(f): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2023
Tura
MufasaLion:

How?
yoruba kids do not greet elders from other tribe, they're born and raised with tribalism. My yoruba neighbours kids don't greet my parents but we show every of our cultural act of respect towards their parents.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by etrange: 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2023
True... They used to say that sending your kid to Africa at a young age is the best way to ensure they're morally sound. But now, kids raised here in the West are more genuinely polite, though still bold and smart enough to hold reasonable conversations while thier counterparts in Nigeria are looking for girls to insult online.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by BennyDGreat: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2023
MufasaLion:

Are kids brought up "the way of the Lord" any better than the ones not brought up that way?

If you adhere strictly to the way of the Lord, they will turn out well and different from other kids.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by BennyDGreat: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2023
Babatojibola:
I remember FAPPING 20 NAIRA FROM MY MUMS PURSE IN 1995...
one 10 NAIRA NOTE AND two 5 NAIRA NOTES...
I went to mallams place to buy 15 NAIRA WAFERS... THE BIG ONE NOT NASCO OF 5, 5 NAIRA...
as i siddon beside mallam open wafer say make i begin dey knack am
Na so one auntie FUNMI wey no be my family oo
She wasnt even living close to our BLOCK IN MILE 2 ESTATE..
She lives in about 12 ZONES from us...
but she dey always greet my mama when she dey pass...
Na so AUNTIE FUNMI site me about to munch big wafers beside MALLAM...
She just come meet me ask me where i from see money
I told her my mum gave me...
She say na lie... say if na so why i no carry d WAFER GO HOUSE GO CHOP...
As i want begin argue ...
She just HOLD MY WRIST WITH THE WAFER STILL IN MY HAND....
Na so she drag me go meet my MAMA FOR HOUSE...
THE MEMORIES of that day STILL FRESH FOR MY HEAD...
since that DAY I DON GET PTSD FOR
1. BIG WAFERS
2.MY MAMA PURSE
3. SNACKING BESIDE MALLAM and
4. ANYBODY WITH THE NAME FUNMI...
sad grin cheesy

Lol those days wey be say everybody hold you accountable for community. Communal training

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by BennyDGreat: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2023
DonroxyII:
The Economy, Political & Social Landscape wasn't as difficult to navigate like your kiddies days ... Your parents also had good upbringing than You ...

My Great Grandma Used to Chide my Grandma that she spoilt her children(Who were born in the 60s) grin ....

Gen Z would also shake head for Gen Z Pro & Gen z Pro Would Shake Head for Gen Z Pro Pro Which Would Also Shake Head for Gen Z Pro Max .... grin ... This is the way of Nature & Natural order of Life !

Welcome to Time, Human must respond to their Civilisations Nothing Spoil .... We Gather dey here dey watch as e dey roll ...

Me Na Ancestor Sha, We go dey ensure make e no Spoil Finish But nothing is Spoiling in My View Compared to the Unprecedented Advancements Humanities is Achieving & Accomplishing in Many Sectors !

We can't have it all, There must always be something for something.... Give Up Something to Achieve Something.... It can never ever be straight .... Never !

As Smart Phone good pass, Na ihm dem dey use do Shina(Fvck) Pass ...

Gisos, No Generations of Africa Fvck Reach This Generations Oluwa O cheesy ....

When people Chop belleful finish Na sex remain to express their bountifulness ....

When people no see food Chop, Na sex still remain as Anti-depressant....

Your last two statements are wild but true...

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by BennyDGreat: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2023
dontrulee:

It's not respect, it's just humans falling for the halo effect.

People like to feel on top, when you prostrate, the person you're prostrating to feels like he's on top and it suits their ego. Most people see it as respect but masters of manipulation can use it as a façade

That's one angle but when you see someone you truly honour, kneeling or prostrating is a way to show that
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by Bfly: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2023
Parenthood is failing.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by dontrulee: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2023
BennyDGreat:

That's one angle but when you see someone you truly honour, kneeling or prostrating is a way to show that

You're right
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by cayorday89(m): 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2023
22o62021:
Culture difference

In igbo land, you don't give an elder something with a left hand
But where I live
I saw a boy of about 20 using left hand to pass food to a man of 80 years.

I tried to correct him but they said it doesn't mean anything.

That year in the late 90's
Students of UNN will us message, you born you to say no

Them go beat you in front of your parents
Those students of UNN that beat you in front of your parents those days are now parents of the said children been talked about on this thread... They only know how to create fear in children that are not theirs and not train children, they are two different things..

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by MufasaLion: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2023
Lovelyn451:
Turayoruba kids do not greet elders from other tribe, they're born and raised with tribalism. My yoruba neighbours kids don't greet my parents but we show every of our cultural act of respect towards their parents.

Your Yoruba neighbor's kids are the representation of the whole Yoruba race? Imagine your assertion and conclusion.

Shame.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior by MufasaLion: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2023
BennyDGreat:

If you adhere strictly to the way of the Lord, they will turn out well and different from other kids.

You don't need any God/god or diety to raise a morally upright family, community or society.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Money No Sex: Zimbabwean Wife Demands Money From Husband Before Having Sex / Abia Couple Who Had Three Stillbirths In 5 Years Finally Welcomes Baby [pix] / Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.