Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit (40160 Views)

Peter Obi In A Group Photo With His Classmates In 1977 / Sunday Igboho's Bank Accounts Frozen, Rejects Award By Yoruba Youths / Dino Melaye Flaunts His Corvette 1977 Model Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by leanonme82: 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
I was inspired to spend a prince's ransom to recreate the outfit and pose that General Olusegun Obasanjo unveiled on Tuesday, October 11, 1977. My couturier got everything right, except the abetí ajá.

By now, I reckon it is no secret that I am enamoured of Yoruba culture. Yorubas are some of the coolest people on Earth. Colonialism had almost no effect on their culture.

They are one of the few people that can go anywhere and make their hosts wish they were Yoruba. You cannot intimidate them. Yet they are not aggressive. The way they show respect. Their music. Their party loving nature. Their playfulness. The way they carry themselves in their native fashion. And yes, the Yoruba demon charm. So warm a people!

And their natural diplomacy is top-notch. Their ability to harmoniously disagree with you is almost talismanic! When other people call you werey, you will want to donate two slaps to them. But the way a Yoruba person says it makes you feel complimented! Broda, e sure she ori yin kpe?

One thing I will say is that they have a precise balance of strength and warmth. Not projecting too much strength to make you loathe them. And not exuding too much warmth to elicit disrespect. I don’t know how they do it. It might be innate. But we can all learn from them.

#TableShaker

Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1692237619764117885

398 Likes 40 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by kcnwaigbo: 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2023
cheesy anywhere belle face politician.Emergency Yoruba lover.

428 Likes 32 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Alchemy528: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
I don't fancy Yorubas

43 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by BikoMERCYme(f): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
Alchemy528:
I don't fancy Yorubas

Do they care give a fvck bout u??

Even at dat..........U and fellow tribesmen wouldn't mind being slave ship to stay in their region...........

369 Likes 46 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by leanonme82: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
Thank you reno. cool You Sabi good thing.

297 Likes 25 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by JohnnA1: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
Alchemy528:
I don't fancy Yorubas
Normal.
We don't fancy IGBOS too...

369 Likes 37 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by 00FFT00(m): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
Wo, if you like, lick microphone pass Tinubu, dem no go give your broke behind any appointment.
Shey dem don allow you return. Na your reward for all the aßlicking and Obidient bashing you collect like dis.

Ask FKK how far. Senior Ode!.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by leanonme82: 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
00FFT00:
Wo, if you like, lick microphone pass Tinubu, dem no go give your broke behind any appointment.
Shey dem don allow you return. Na your reward for all the aßlicking and Obidient bashing you collect like dis.

Ask FKK how far. Senior Ode!.
E pain u say nobody dey asslick Igbos. grin

Not even PDP dt they screamed 'atikulate' at the top of their lungs for. Chai.

269 Likes 35 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Thislifesef: 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
I'm from edo state but I must confess Reno is on spot here.

An average yoruba oozes sophistication, class and intelligence.

They are some of the few people that still makes Nigeria a little bit marketable to the outside world.

From education to art to politics, just give it up to them, they are blessed.

360 Likes 50 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Asgard73: 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2023
Reno is still sucking balls .. keyamo don chop aviation .. went quiet

Fani.. go soon chop quietly.. na just time .. all them Yoruba

But the ishekiri fool still Dey snore on speeding bike

Anyways druggie never get him time .. he’s not trusted being ..
upon all emissary been sent ..

A fool at … Reno remains a big fool

Wetin we know ..

All culture and tradition on earth are beautiful and more pretty when engage..

Reno has forgotten he’s own culture just for ewedu

Promote your tradition..

44 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by leanonme82: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

Nobody does . They respect you to your face and talk shit at your back when you’re not there.
They neither have good food/soup nor beautiful women.
I have never seen anyone boast of dating or marrying a yoruba woman .
Even their men are chasing other tribes to marry like their lives depend on it .
Bini , akwa ibon, calabar , kalabari, Fulani, Igbo : all these ones have exotic women .

But I like their Aje butter girls sha. Shout out to my Aje butter babies back then in Uni 😘

Na true true u people make up scenario in ur heads and start jubilating. With the amount of Yoruba brides on Bellanaija Instagram and in owanbe wedding every Saturday. Keep spreading lies dt have no basis in reality.

Since this bbnaija has restarted na still the Yoruba girls don marry. The Yoruba boys among them dt have married got married to Yoruba women. Single Igbo girls everywhere. Even dt one Miracle turned to live cum bucket ran from marriage to boyfriend in true ashawo fashion grin.

308 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by MrBiGGEST(m): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
Asgard73:
Reno is still sucking balls .. keyamo don chop aviation .. went quiet

Fani.. go soon chop quietly.. na just time .. all them Yoruba

But the ishekiri fool still Dey snore on speeding bike

Anyways druggie never get him time .. he’s not trusted being ..
upon all emissary been sent ..

A fool at … Reno remains a big fool

Wetin we know ..

All culture and tradition on earth are beautiful and more pretty when engage..

Reno has forgotten he’s own culture just for ewedu

Promote your tradition..

😂😂This thing pain you sha..
Sorry Ooh.

347 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Onyiridike(f): 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
leanonme82:
I was inspired to spend a prince's ransom to recreate the outfit and pose that General Olusegun Obasanjo unveiled on Tuesday, October 11, 1977. My couturier got everything right, except the abetí ajá.

By now, I reckon it is no secret that I am enamoured of Yoruba culture. Yorubas are some of the coolest people on Earth. Colonialism had almost no effect on their culture.

They are one of the few people that can go anywhere and make their hosts wish they were Yoruba. You cannot intimidate them. Yet they are not aggressive. The way they show respect. Their music. Their party loving nature. Their playfulness. The way they carry themselves in their native fashion. And yes, the Yoruba demon charm. So warm a people!

And their natural diplomacy is top-notch. Their ability to harmoniously disagree with you is almost talismanic! When other people call you werey, you will want to donate two slaps to them. But the way a Yoruba person says it makes you feel complimented! Broda, e sure she ori yin kpe?

One thing I will say is that they have a precise balance of strength and warmth. Not projecting too much strength to make you loathe them. And not exuding too much warmth to elicit disrespect. I don’t know how they do it. It might be innate. But we can all learn from them.

#TableShaker

Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1692237619764117885

Lalssticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Tinubu should make this man aso rock errand boy so that he can rest.
I pity him if just like FFK nothing is given to him for ass licking.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by NaMe4: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2023
MrBiGGEST:

😂😂This thing pain you sha..
Sorry Ooh.

Na real wah!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by accordadoga24(f): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hehehehe

Yoruba l'agba.

A ki n se egbe baba awon ipob

331 Likes 25 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by sreamsense: 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2023
Beauty of yorubas before MURIC came into existence to poison yorubas along religion line.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Godfullsam(m): 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2023
He is saying nothing but the truth.

Ayam proudly OMO YORUBA grin cool
Hit the like button if you are proud Omo yoruba grin

132 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by BitterTruth0001: 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Alchemy528:
I don't fancy Yorubas

Nobody does . They respect you to your face and talk shit at your back when you’re not there.
Even their men are chasing other tribes to marry like their lives depend on it .
Bini , akwa ibon, calabar , kalabari, Fulani, Igbo : all these ones have exotic women .

But I like their Aje butter girls sha. Shout out to my Aje butter babies back then in Uni 😘

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Godfullsam(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
sreamsense:
Beauty of yorubas before MURIC came into existence to poison yorubas along religion line.

That division only exists in your deluded mind.

In reality, yorubas are not divided along any line, be it religion or what ever.

333 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Godfullsam(m): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

Don't goan kee ursef wit painment oh! Yorubas as ahead of you Naturally

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by DenreleDave(m): 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2023
Thislifesef:
I'm from edo state but I must confess Reno is on spot here.

An average yoruba oozes sophistication, class and intelligence.

They are some of the few people that still makes Nigeria a little bit marketable to the outside world.

From education to art to politics, just give it up to them, they are blessed.

Tiri gbosa for you... I wish I can give you 100 likes

Even God of heaven choose Moses a Yoruba man to lead Israelite out of Egypt.

The greatest king of Isreal, David is a Yoruba man. You can see the evidence in his way of life

The wisest and richest king in history, Solomon is a Yoruba man. No wonder women from all over the world married him.

Jesus, the man with no division nor hatred and very accommodating person is a Yoruba man

You are ón spot.. Life of a Yoruba person is the easiest..

Every women in all tribes have probably dated a Yoruba or married one.. Even if they don't, they always wish to. We ooze sophistication... We are accommodating, we are not religiously or culturally divisive, every Yorubas are equal, we value both female and male child. We are Omoluabis

We are gentle, cool headed, sophisticated, advanced, smart and to top it all, we value our culture.... Other tribes like the IGBOS have some of these too but none has it perfect like yọrubas..

The IGBOs are another wonderful tribe, I must confess and I might marry one of their women

171 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Betanaija42moro: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2023
Your business.
All eyes on Judiciary

9 Likes

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by DenreleDave(m): 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2023
sreamsense:

It doesn't matter.. No religion can separate yorubas in the long run.. We will always ìdentify with ourselves

2023 was a terrible year as they wanted to use election to divide the yorubas but it didn't work bcoz yorubas are too united to be divided..

We may have our short comings though..

The IGBOs are another wonderful tribe, I must confess

Yorubas strength is the ability to come together when there is a danger that will affect our stability...

307 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by jahsharon: 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
This guy don give flat headed developers hypertension

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by jahsharon: 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
Alchemy528:
I don't fancy Yorubas

Idiots don't fancy geniuses

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by jahsharon: 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

He is not a Yoruba lover. He is a Yoruba man. Itshekiris are Yorubas just like Ijebus, Egbas, Owus, e.t.c. Go read your history and stop disgracing your family on the internet

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Fugazy2023: 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2023
Yeasterners are pained

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by 00FFT00(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
leanonme82:

E pain u say nobody dey asslick Igbos. grin

Igbo are daily getting their omo nna blokos thoroughly licked. By your h0rny sisters cheesy grin

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by FreeStuffsNG: 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
He is Itsekiri.

330 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit by Aldol: 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
Southeasterners will really be pained tonight

27 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Jonathan Visits NSE, Launches X-gen / Simon Ekpa Declares Sit At Home Across Eastern Nigeria Tomorrow. / Fayose And His Mother, Oluwafunke Oluwayose Step Out From Afao Unity Event(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.