Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster (20308 Views)

John Owan Enoh To Bash Ali: Apologise Or Face Legal Action / Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh / New Sports Betting Platform Msport Is On EPL TV Ad Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by robosky02(m): 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2023
John Enoh: 3 things you should know about the farmer named Nigeria's Sports Minister

John Enoh is one of the Ministers who received their portfolios from the President of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The Ministry of Sports in Nigeria has a new boss following the appointment of Senator John Enoh as the Minister.

Senator John Enoh’s appointment was confirmed late Wednesday following the distribution of portfolios by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Enoh
Senator John Enoh is from Cross River State.
Here are three interesting things and facts to know about the man who could decide the fate of sports in the next four years

He is from Cross River State
The Senator was born 57 years ago and raised in Agbokim Waterfalls in Cross River State, South-South, Nigeria.

His full name is John Owan Enoh, from Etung Local Government Area, LGA. He is a graduate of Sociology from the University of Calabar, where he also lectured for seven years before politics called in 2003.

A Politician
The new Minister is, of course, a politician who started his political journey in the hitherto ruling party, the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

Enoh
Senator Enoh is a renowned farmer. (Photo Credit: Osasuo/X)
Enoh was a member of the PDP until he defected to the All Progressive Congress, APC, in 2017, whose platform he contested and won a Senatorial seat to represent the Central Senatorial District in Cross River State in the eighth assembly between 2015 to 2019.

A farmer
While Senator Enoh will take charge of the Ministry Sports for the foreseeable future, he is a renowned farmer.

He is credited with venturing into agriculture in 2000 and has several farmlands across his home state.

Enoh is reportedly into arable and livestock farming per Wikipedia and has cultivated 2000 hectares of land since his journey into agriculture.

While Senator Enoh is big on agriculture and also known for his belief in corporate social responsibility given his philanthropic gestures for local farmers, the jury will definitely be out as he takes over a very critical sector of the Nigerian economy.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/john-enoh-3-things-you-should-know-about-farmer-named-nigerias-sports-minister-2023081703385962259

4 Likes

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by robosky02(m): 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2023
If this man is a farmer a very good one at that
Please I thought been on the farming field would make more sense than a football field

Am just thinking aloud ohh

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2023
robosky02:
Please I thought been on the farming field would make more sense than a football field

Lol grin

As he is looking at the football pitch he will just be imagining and visualizing a bumper harvest of various Agricultural produce.

54 Likes

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by donproject2(m): 7:11am On Aug 19, 2023
What happens to been given minister of Agriculture?

There is something I foresaw, the poster below this will reply with "Hmmn"

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Kemadealadire(f): 7:12am On Aug 19, 2023
Hmmn.

4 Likes

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by akanbiaa(m): 7:13am On Aug 19, 2023
Okay
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Buharifan: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2023
They for make am minister of agriculture.

The poster below has more to say to clarify the reason.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Segunlords(m): 7:14am On Aug 19, 2023
Revive our glory in sport
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by MrHighSea: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2023
E try..
but na still one of dem
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by DenreleDave(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2023
Owodara:
Bring your core dao or pi coin and the coins must be on mainnet and you must don pass kyc step and other steps too

pi rate is 400/π

Core is 850/core

WhatsApp
This particular guy is a scammer

Don't send ur pi without money first.. Most of these people are scammers.....

Use escrow or let him send money first and make sure u receive it

10 Likes

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by FuckDModz: 7:15am On Aug 19, 2023
grin

Square peg in a round hole

4 Likes

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Kollabo419: 7:17am On Aug 19, 2023
Nna mehnnn

Farming the sport world grin

Must everything about Nigeria be confused

When JJ ,Kanu,ikpeba are still.alive
God forbid bad thing

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by KingLennon(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2023
In a sane country, there's no way this man would be a minister for sports. He lacks expertise for that position

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Chibuzoripob: 7:19am On Aug 19, 2023
cool
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by seeker121(m): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2023
The man supposed rest kai knew him then back in CRS while I was serving am pretty sure they are preparing him to take over from the current governor of Cross River State who is from Cross River South.
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Issues40(m): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2023
Can you imagine? A farmer appointed to head the ministry of sports. When there are several technocrats that would have fitted this position. Is this the renewed hope they promised us? Is this how we are going to move forward in this country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Spidermon: 7:30am On Aug 19, 2023
Make him sha ensure say NSF holds next year and in spectacular fashion.

Other than that, I have no expectations.
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by TrapKVNG(m): 7:33am On Aug 19, 2023
CraXote:
Devastation of lost years and glories of excellence
na dat devastation go kee you from now
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by sylve11: 7:34am On Aug 19, 2023
Farmer turned sport minister.

It's okay.

I wish him well. cool

1 Like

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Mindlog: 7:38am On Aug 19, 2023
Folks who have little or no idea of youth development are always appointed as the minister.
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by wittywriter: 7:41am On Aug 19, 2023
Hopefully this minister is better twice on a SUNDAY...if you know you know...lol.
sylve11:
Farmer turned sport minister.

It's okay.
O
I wish him well. cool

Mindlog:
Folks who have little or no idea of youth development are always appointed as the minister.
dominique:
I wonder what criteria is used to appoint these ministers. I just hope they perform beyond expectations

Courtesy the new sherrif in town.

Wittyness
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by dominique(f): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2023
I wonder what criteria is used to appoint these ministers. I just hope they perform beyond expectations

1 Like

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by okefunsho41(m): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2023
Everything was polluted politically. Farmer for sport? When we have retired athletes on ground.
This country.........
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by udumosam23(m): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2023
I just realised he has a John in his name and he is the John Eno they have been referring to. He is more popular as Owan Enoh. The former could be mistaken for a Yakurr name.

Except I don't know much about him, I've always considered him to be more introverted, calm and peaceful. If I were to make a wish, I would've swapped his ministry with Wike.

Wike in sports would've added more spice to that silent ministry. He is too uncultured and tautish to be a minister for FCT.

1 Like

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2023
robosky02:
John Enoh: 3 things you should know about the farmer named Nigeria's Sports Minister

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/john-enoh-3-things-you-should-know-about-farmer-named-nigerias-sports-minister-2023081703385962259

Sports knowledge doesn't show on faces.

Go and interview the senator and ask him how and why he got that position.

1 Like

Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by sonofsteven: 7:48am On Aug 19, 2023
robosky02:

A farmer being a sport minister wink cheesy

What happened to sport analyst and retired footballers or people with vast knowledge of sports and welfare etc.. a farmer will be minister of power or something different from his knowledge... I respect una
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by Usmanovic95(m): 7:49am On Aug 19, 2023
Very square peg, very round hole!!!
Re: John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster by CaptainAyub: 7:50am On Aug 19, 2023
robosky02:

He is also a product of my alma mater, the renowned

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Follow The Records, The Records Follow Me - Ronaldo / Bonke Replaces Injured Ndidi In Nigeria Squad / 2021 Ballon D’or: It Was Lewandowski’s Award – Darren Bent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.