Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rules Of Football When We Were Kids (15233 Views)

Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids / Photos Of Popular Footballers When They Were Kids / Football Rules When We Were Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ThiefnubuBandit: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2023
DoctorAyukebot:

You might have developed a Psychiatric disorder after all

Tilumbu online miscreant spotted.

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Creditalerts: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2023
Op ✌🏾
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Zonefree:
Growing up was fun.

We dey play ball from morning till evening. I wonder wetin dey give us strength then.

Under hot sun Nd even rain...
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Streett: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
You see that number 7 rule ..

“ You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball”

That rule na the most important rule ever !!!

…You dare not flout that rule Cuz na Your lifeline to the next future games ahead if You really value Yourself

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by PMONEY6: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Meehn
so much fun back then
The owner decides who plays so you must not offend him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ExtremeDot: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
Good old days...
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by oneman2k7: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
Q
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Siminialaye20(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2023
Good old days. I can relate
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Latakia(f): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2023
Growing up in the southeast was fun before Kanu and Peter Obi introduced IPOB and ESN.

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by spencekat(m): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

Times change. They have what is fun to them.
Exactly
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Rossonero: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2023
It's gets more interesting when it's about to rain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by bonnyhope: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:
Gone are the days when boys were real boys as I look back in nostalgia.

Below were rules of football when we were kids, damn it was fun

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2.The owner of the ball decides who plays .

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

17. To distinguish the teams, one of the teams take off their shirts .

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

Africa is our home. Childhood was fun.

grin
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by joepepsy(m): 11:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Na too much play we play no let us get sense that year,very unserious generation,this generation is the best,I personally appreciate them.
Kalatium:

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by williemichael(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2023
Bros you finished almost everything.

There's this one we normally do, we used arguement to settle any faul commited by any of the team.

i think there's need for a reunion.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by agabaI23(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

You're a legend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Bfly: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2023
I remember the one legged penalty

The present kids are too domestic.

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by casualobserver: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

So on point!!! Particularly 2,5, 12-15, 16 & 18! So so true!!!

By the way I was always goal keeper, I was crap and I knew it. Every game started with a call for “2 keepers” it was the only way I played 😂. I was equally a crap keeper!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Azzik: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

This is so correct....I had a first hand experience with everything you highlighted
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Gboom: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2023
I used to have a friend in early 80s who will buy a ball and keep it in my custody because he cannot take it home. Like OP said I decide who plays on the pitch whenever that my friend is not around. Eventually, a boy kicked the ball, and it entered a ceiling of one factorylike building and the owner of the ball kept on asking for the ball for so many years until it become a joking matter

6 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Psady(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2023
inoki247:
Lol....

Na owner of Ball be king den...

4 Post....

Monkey Post..

1 touch....

Kolo or Toros.....
u r right KOLO
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Hussein27: 11:09am On Aug 30, 2023
JASONjnr:
Good old days .......

Wondering what is fun about this very generation as almost all the kids talk about cartoons and gadgets.....

Very boring generation.

Very boring generation indeed 😴

They don't what real fun is.. oh how I wished I could travel back in time and relive all these fun

3 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Bfly: 11:09am On Aug 30, 2023
The present kids are too domestic. Yet loose
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Abdulmumin412(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Truly Ali is no longer a boy but for Simbi I don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by harsysky(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2023
JASONjnr:
Good old days .......

Wondering what is fun about this very generation as almost all the kids talk about cartoons and gadgets.....

Very boring generation.

And sex

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by jonahhh: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

After all this , person go still chop Cain for house for dirty cloths , dirty legs., lost slippers and coming home late

7 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nezan(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

No. 17 was always the case
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Lukgaf(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2023
These are true!
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Psady(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2023
The greatest of scam is determining an HIGHgoal from a NORMALgoaL
Thus the guy most feared or owner of the ball decides the outcome.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Padipadi(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2023
JASONjnr:
Good old days .......

Very boring generation.
Lmao. No mind dem.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Jomonix: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Referee drops the whistle and pretends to look for it to avoid acknowledging a goal scored against his preferred team.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 / Alexis Mac Allister Has Joined Liverpool FC / Super Eagles - The Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.