Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rules Of Football When We Were Kids (15242 Views)

Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids / Photos Of Popular Footballers When They Were Kids / Football Rules When We Were Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by agabaI23(m): 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
Kalatium:

grin
Remembering it was just funny.
Honestly but it is part of who we have become. I was smiling reading through.

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Bosch10(m): 6:37am On Sep 01, 2023
Kalatium:
Gone are the days when boys were real boys as I look back in nostalgia.

Below were rules of football when we were kids, damn it was fun

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2.The owner of the ball decides who plays .

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

17. To distinguish the teams, one of the teams take off their shirts .

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

Africa is our home. Childhood was fun.
it's true guy,that means you were raised in the 90's and early 2000. grin let me add more.
19. If you are the I1 or I2,you will be the keeper automatically,so we players don't like being either of the two.
20. The I1 and I2 are always boys who are not so good at playing football.
21. If the ball should tear beyond repair,we would find any ball available,it might be felele,panke etc
22. If one of the players should go home,a player in the opposing team would also go out so as to balance the equation.
23. Where there is shortage of players,we would play 4 corner post(ever wondered who gave it such name

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Bosch10(m): 6:47am On Sep 01, 2023
inoki247:
Lol....

Na owner of Ball be king den...

4 Post....

Monkey Post..

1 touch....

Kolo or Toros.....
you no talk O G O ojoro
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Bosch10(m): 6:56am On Sep 01, 2023
williemichael:
Bros you finished almost everything.

There's this one we normally do, we used arguement to settle any faul commited by any of the team.

i think there's need for a reunion.

Thank you.
wallahi,am thinking of such o,my childhood friends coming together will be a great fun
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ilekokonit: 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2023
CJStarz:
We ate good food back then. Even if na fufu,we ate plenty, nobi d indomie and pizza of nowadays. Back then na real home made food we chop. No Chicken republic,Tantalizers, etc😂

True talk. Na organic food we dey chop then. All chicken were corn fed and free to roam around unlike the junk mass produced, antibiotic injected chicken we eat today.

The organic food we ate then meant our energy levels was high in them days unlike the junk fast food we eat today that saps energy level and causes illness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Debangis20(m): 9:10am On Sep 02, 2023
grin truly. Can relate.

Legs pain aftermath of play. Play with bare foots under scorching sun, etc. Tends to get injury, esp. side of the toe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Onuachu Replaces Osimhen In Nigeria’s Squad For Algeria, Tunisia Friendlies / Alexis Mac Allister Has Joined Liverpool FC / Super Eagles - The Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.