Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State (12483 Views)

Isese Day: Oyo Govt Declares Monday Public Holiday / Democracy Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday, Warns Against Agitations / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by XAUBulls: 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
Thegoodone13:
The next Governor of Kwara state will be Yoruba and he will declear iseese in Kwara. By population, Yoruba are dominant of Kwara state. Even kogi
The current Governor is Yoruba... And his Deputy too. His father,
Ambassador Folorunso Abdulrasaq
was the first lawyer in the entire
Old Northern Region.

Out of 16 LGAs in Kwara State, 12 LGAs belong fully to the Yorubas, 2 to the Nupes, and 2 to the Baribas. All others apart from these 3 major indigenous ethnicities and land owners are jesters and impostors on Kwara State soil. Period.

In Kogi, the Yorubas are in the top 3 largest ethnicities... Igalas, Yorubas, and Ebiras.

The Igalas being Yoruboid and
Jukunoid in ancestry also consult
Ifa just like Yorubas do according to
Attah Ameh Michael Oboni (who joined the ancestors 2 years ago) before a new Attah of Igala is officially crowned.

So, Isese cannot be strange in
Kogi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by izubext007: 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
sit at home is now in the west part of Nigeria
Like for IPOB and Share for ISESE
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Uptheante(m): 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
leanonme82:
Oyo, ogun, Lagos and osun have declared isese public holiday on Monday. Dts love, dt they’re all making a stance for the osun priestess woman.

Everybody has a right to practice their personal religion as long as they’re not committing a crime.
What of Ekiti and Ondo states?
Are they not Yoruba states?
Or have they been ordered not to by the Caliphate? grin
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by OLULAW: 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2023
The ragheads in Ilorin must be fuming over this. Adherents of the deadly cult founded by the Saudi child molester, blood drinking demonic raghead.
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by DeLaRue: 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2023
leanonme82:
Ekiti and Ondo no go join. Awon ilu ori-oke Babalola CAC. grin

I don't think 'isese' is a known concept in Ondo and Ekiti. I could be wrong.

In Ondo, I think Ogun the god of iron is more widely celebrated/worshiped by followers of traditional religion, and every town seem to have different thing they worship. I am not sure they come together under a single umbrella like 'Isese'.

There is also the fact that Christian influence is quite dominant in Ekiti and Ondo, and followers of traditional religion in those states generally do their thing and keep a low profile.

Those from those states can educate us better.

2 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Kay25(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2023
Ogene001:

Nonesense. They should go and try it in Ilorin. Emir even arrested someone in Oyo state. All these face saving holiday are rubbish, their usual cowardice towards fulani people
It's paining u that they aren't declaring sit home like u do in shit hole region..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by plaindealer: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
Feeling great, the resurgence of everything and anything Yoruba at home and abroad is really groundbreaking and joyful.

Oodua is smiling..

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by leanonme82: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2023
DeLaRue:

I don't think 'isese' is a known concept in Ondo and Ekiti. I could be wrong.

In Ondo, I think Ogun the god of iron is more widely celebrated/worshiped by followers of traditional religion, and every town seem to have different thing they worship. I am not sure they come together under a single umbrella like 'Isese'.

There is also the fact that Christian influence is quite dominant in Ekiti and Ondo, and followers of traditional religion in those states generally do their thing and keep a low profile.

Those from those states can educate us better.

Ondo state and Ekiti are very homogenously 90% christian, dts why i said ori-oke people. You know all the mountains in ekiti state are full of CAC prayer churches. People travel from all over to visit prayer mountains there.
Just like kwara is homogenously very muslim, and ilorin is called 'ilu awon alfa'.
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by sreamsense: 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2023
Muslims have indirectly pushed/allowed state governors to give south west wide recognition to Isese day through constant fighting with them. MURIC will not like this at all. Traditionalists have been asking for a day since, now Muslims have moved them to realization. Without Muslims incessant fighting, government woundn't have listened to them officially. Muslims now have official government recognized rivals. Christians are at peace with every religion, they don't find trouble with any religion; they just maintain their own lanes

2 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by sreamsense: 11:39pm On Aug 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
That's not unexpected, Osun state is the cradle of Isese.

Osun state, like Lagos state, is a Yoruba state, Isese Day is now all Yoruba states public holiday.

Honestly, I never knew this would eventually catch on every Yoruba state after years of clamour for Yoruba Renaissance by the Ifa devotees and others practicing Isese privately at the top echelon of Yoruba families and communities.Check my signature for free stuffs!
It is the Muslims incessant fighting with isese that facilitated official recognition by south west governors. Now that they have official recognition, I think every religion in South west will maintain its boundary.

1 Like

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by leanonme82: 11:54pm On Aug 19, 2023
It just occurred to me all the SW governors are Christians.
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Jack500: 12:50am On Aug 20, 2023
Ogene001:

Nonesense. They should go and try it in Ilorin. Emir even arrested someone in Oyo state. All these face saving holiday are rubbish, their usual cowardice towards fulani people

Get sense and stop embarassing yourself.who did emir arrest in Osun?

1 Like

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Odande19: 5:33am On Aug 20, 2023
EyeCumInPiss:
If they don't repent, all these Isese juju worshippers will burn in the hottest part of hell fire.
see who dey go heaven 😡 ode
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by ipodstinks: 6:34am On Aug 20, 2023
Ogene001:

Which part of your body is this news paining you this much?
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 20, 2023
Good
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 20, 2023
Franzinni:
The love Yorubas have for each other can be rivaled by none in the world today.... This is what instilling respect has benefited us today ... I pray we continue to teach our kids our way so that we continue to standout from the rest ... Amen

Benefited who. Dey play
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Franzinni: 10:12am On Aug 20, 2023
Reinaldo:

Benefited who. Dey play
speak for yourself, if you don't see the benefit you can quietly go and become any other tribe you like, Yoruba is great regardless of individual... I don't even believe you are Yoruba so you can say what you like .

If you are not omoluabi, then you know the category you belong to already. So shift my dey see my front . Happy Isese day!

2 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Fountain777: 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
[url]Gjkooi[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Arrived Abuja Late From Kenya (photo) / FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / 80 Reps Back Elumelu, Ikpeazu And Other House Members Suspended By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.