Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State (12470 Views)

Isese Day: Oyo Govt Declares Monday Public Holiday / Democracy Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday, Warns Against Agitations / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by leanonme82: 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2023
Monday, August 21, has been declared work-free in Osun by the state government in commemoration of this year’s annual Isese Day celebrations.

A statement signed by the Osun State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr. Kolapo Alimi, on Saturday, said the governor, Ademola Adeleke approved the holiday being leader of a government that promotes oneness, unity, and religious harmony among practitioners of different religions.

Alimi, who urged Isese adherents to be peaceful in their celebrations further noted, “I have the honour and privilege to convey the compliment and best wishes of the Executive Governor of Osun state, His Excellency, Senator Ademola Adeleke to all traditional religion worshippers in Osun state on the occasion of this year’s 2023 Isese Day celebrations coming up tomorrow 20th August 2023.

As a government that promotes oneness, unity, and religious harmony between the practitioners of different religions in Osun State, Mr. Governor has approved, Monday, the 21st of August 2023 as a Public Holiday throughout the state.

Finally, Mr Governor while congratulating all traditional religion worshippers and wishing them happy celebrations on this occasion, also wishes to implore them to make the occasion not only peaceful and fun-filled but another opportunity to pray for the government and good people of Osun state.

“The state government wishes Isese adherents a peaceful and rewarding celebration.”

Source:https://punchng.com/isese-day-adeleke-declares-monday-public-holiday/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Taylor90: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2023
Ronu festival

E concern una

14 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by GBPUSD: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2023
What FG ought to declare just as they do for Christians and Muslims festivals.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by leanonme82: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2023
Oyo, ogun, Lagos and osun have declared isese public holiday on Monday. Dts love, dt they’re all making a stance for the osun priestess woman.

Everybody has a right to practice their personal religion as long as they’re not committing a crime.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Franzinni: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
The love Yorubas have for each other can be rivaled by none in the world today.... This is what instilling respect has benefited us today ... I pray we continue to teach our kids our way so that we continue to standout from the rest ... Amen

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by leanonme82: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2023
Ekiti and Ondo no go join. Awon ilu ori-oke Babalola CAC. grin

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Ozommadu: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2023
Nice one...the earlier they start the better for the yoruba race.

Don't give that religion a chance in your region if you want peace and harmony

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Zooposki(f): 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2023
Franzinni:
The love Yorubas have for each other can be rivaled by none in the world today.... This is what instilling respect has benefited us today ... I pray we continue to teach our kids our way so that we continue to standout from the rest ... Amen

2 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by FreeStuffsNG: 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2023
That's not unexpected, Osun state is the cradle of Isese.

Osun state, like Lagos state, is a Yoruba state, Isese Day is now all Yoruba states public holiday.

Honestly, I never knew this would eventually catch on every Yoruba state after years of clamour for Yoruba Renaissance by the Ifa devotees and others practicing Isese privately at the top echelon of Yoruba families and communities.Check my signature for free stuffs!

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by kilonshele101(m): 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
South west Nigeria should be a country on it own.
However, we love One Nigeria.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by wittywriter: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2023
Tradition

Wittyness
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Ogene001: 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2023
leanonme82:
Oyo, ogun, Lagos and osun have declared isese public holiday on Monday. Dts love, dt they’re all making a stance for the osun priestess woman.

Everybody has a right to practice their personal religion as long as they’re not committing a crime.
Nonesense. They should go and try it in Ilorin. Emir even arrested someone in Oyo state. All these face saving holiday are rubbish, their usual cowardice towards fulani people

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by BoldBrainz(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
Man like Ademola Adeleke! Him, I like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by sotall(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
undecided
Please declare in Kwara state too.

That's where it matters.

Yoruba traditional worshippers in Kwara deserves to celebrate Isese day too.

11 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by meum: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
I wanted to say something but I reserve the right not to say what I wanted to say.
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by EyeCumInPiss: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
If they don't repent, all these Isese juju worshippers will burn in the hottest part of hell fire.

3 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by seunlayi(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
This a good move

6 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by 4words: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2023
This is good for the traditional worshippers ... hopefully one day, they accept Jesus as the way, the truth and the life. But for now, no one should trample on their God's given freewill.

2 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Naijaguy123: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2023
Oduduwa a gbe wa o !

4 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Omoawoke: 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2023
Good good

Yoruba are on track to recovering their identity and culture

This is a great way forward. I wish all tribes in Africa can make this effort.

But some people don’t even have any identity anymore other than the one their colonial masters assigned to them.

Only the Yorubas got to the Americas during the slave era and colonized their slave masters with their culture. Till date, the Yoruba culture is well recognized in Brazil, Cuba, North America and they even carry it on their heads.
Yorubas still extend to Togo and Benin and they also carried the culture on their head

I hope all other tribes can find a way to trace their roots.

The documentary bigger than Africa did a good job

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by meedoLock(m): 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2023
That's what we call liberality! Let people practice their beliefs in peace.

4 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Deeprooted: 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2023
grin
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by ceejay80s(m): 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
How is this a public holiday when it's only for their state
Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
Isese Day.
Osun Festival Week.
Osun, absolutely rich in cultural heritage.

God bless Osun State. ❤️

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 🙏

Do you know that......

Every year in August for twelve days, no fewer than 60,000 people from across the globe visit the town of Osogbo,
Osun State for a singular purpose - to honor the goddess of the river, Osun.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by flokii: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
See what Muslims have caused with their overbearing attitude..

It's the ones allowing Ishaq Akintola and Muric crew mislead them I pity.. when traditionalists gather up and come after you people in that Ilorin, una eyes go clear.

Go to Niger state today.. all governmemt officials and appointees are muslims, no other faith is allowed in their work space. We don't want such in Yorubaland.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
meum:
I wanted to say something but I reserve the right not to say what I wanted to say.
Good boy!

meum:

Where your grill house dey I Dey find where I go chop manna
For this weekend,
We will be operating from Powerline Road,
Barbecue Galore Weekend.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Buhari4dullard: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
Una don clear am with una Fulani masters? grin

Cowards die a 1000 deaths

FreeStuffsNG:
That's not unexpected, Osun state is the cradle of Isese.

Osun state, like Lagos state, is a Yoruba state, Isese Day is now all Yoruba states public holiday.

Honestly, I never knew this would eventually catch on every Yoruba state after years of clamour for Yoruba Renaissance by the Ifa devotees and others practicing Isese privately at the top echelon of Yoruba families and communities.Check my signature for free stuffs!
You mean cradle of idol worship

There is nothing like traditional worship.
We all have one God, that's The God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.

Anything else is an idol.

Doubt me go ask the fulnais for Kwara grin

1 Like

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by ISLAMBAD: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
Glad they know theirboundary..

Dont bring the madness to Kwara..

Respect your host

1 Like

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
Only the Yorubas got to the Americas during the slave era and colonized their slave masters with their culture. Till date, the Yoruba culture is well recognized in Brazil, Cuba, North America and they even carry it on their heads.
Wow!
This is Interestingly beautiful 😍.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by ceejay80s(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
Omoawoke:
Good good

Yoruba are on track to recovering their identity and culture

This is a great way forward. I wish all tribes in Africa can make this effort.

But some people don’t even have any identity anymore other than the one their colonial masters assigned to them.

Yorubas still extend to Togo and Benin and they also carried the culture on their head

I hope all other tribes can find a way to trace their roots.

The documentary bigger than Africa did a good job
Dustbin talk

2 Likes

Re: Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State by Mightymanna(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2023
Good for them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Versus Buhari / Jonathan'll Declare A Marshal Plan To Rebuild North East When Re-elected- Mu’azu / Olufunso Amosun Celebrates Her 50th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.